Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 19455 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 4/Infamous
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2011, 10:18:34 pm »

With a belly full of food, Rea decides to explore her new home, and listen to all the heartbeats she can hear in the immediate area.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2011, 03:41:30 am »

Several thoughts ran through Agaronix's head, as he pondered his current situation.

His first response was a tinge of bloodlust- he had no doubt his sister was a stronger fighter than him, but his pride welled up for a moment to convince him to fight on matter of principle. Immediately thereafter, his better judgement questioned the wisdom of such a move- moreso because he'd been intending to talk to her than because he was afraid of losing, and he wasn't sure fighting would be as productive.

Then, it hit him. She wasn't attacking, she wasn't eating, and she wasn't even tensing or growling at him until he tried to get past her- she wanted to talk to him! He wasn't sure why she wanted to speak with him and not her other siblings, but that hardly mattered. Now was a perfect chance to get to know his last sister.

Thus, after tensing and shifting a bit in indecision, a pleased look of realization went over his face, and he walked a bit closer to her and promptly sat down. "Did you want to talk to me, Sister?" he asked pleasantly. "Why are you always snarling so much?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2011, 04:16:51 am »

Just posting to say that I love the game concept. I would also like to ask if this game is still accepting players on a wait list; probably not but dosen't hurt to ask. I'll PM the stats.

accepted
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:56:13 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 5/Legendary
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2011, 12:45:35 pm »

Turn 5
God's mercy-the eclipse is fading now, and we can light the candles...curse the darkness.

Duratan/Tarran
Duratan was able to meet his brothers gaze for moment...then he dropped his head, relenting from the combat. Dandrauth relents as well, without hesitation. Daornmal let out a victorious snort, and turned and began dragging the meat back to his nest.

Duratan was forced to bow his head and retreat. Humility is such a bitter pill to swallow at that young age. Dandrauth tries to cheer up his brother-trying to emulate his Duratans clawing motions and nodding, as if to say "Good try!"
Together, they go back visit Anyur, who is more busy now. She's having some sort of quiet argument with a Halos.

"The Wyrmlings are too young, Halos..."

"I wasn't. They need to to learn strength-and leadership. Your books and words can be saved for later-when they can defend themselves."

"It's just that..."

She notices her two young, standing quietly to one side

"Oh? I guess you had an argument with your brother over the food?"

"And, by the look of him, he lost."

"Halos, please...let me tend to your wounds, little dear."

"My Father wound have let the wounds stay...and left the lesson with you...but, I am far better to my children he ever was." You hear Halos say, slightly under his breath, with a bit of a quaver. It's totally unlike how he normally speaks.

Anyur makes some arcane gestures with her claw, as it stitching a torn shirt, and Duratans wounds close, leaving only a fresh pink weal. Mother Magic is amazing! Then she reaches across the room, where some fat cows are being stored in a pen. She breaks its neck and drops it to at your feet.

"There-now, make sure you get your fill. Keep us your strength, the both of you."

Together, Dandrauth and Duratan take the cow back to the nesting area. Daornmal has already got to work demolishing his meal.

Duratan is about to take a well earned bite, when he spots Darrzun-the tusked one- approaching. He seems afraid of all the other Wyrmlings, and is visibly trying to work up the courage to approach one of you and ask if he can share.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Duratan (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agaronix/IronyOwl

Agaronix tries a different tack with his sister...

(Charisma 4-1=3)

She seems a little bit surprised, herself. She settles down...Amarugx visibly relaxes, for as moment and tries to talk with you, and most of her words and actions are not that difficult to decipher.

"Amarugx...first...you last...why....you...shine sister...steal....mother....? Abusk...not shine..."

Well...Agaronix thinks back. Amarugx is the largest of them-it's likely she was the first one born from the egg, and recieved the full glowing attention of Anyur. Then, you and your sister were born...and Amarugx felt like you had stolen something from her.

It's clear Amarugx resents the additional attention your mother pays to you now-though you doubt she intentionally neglects Amarugx, you do command more attention...how you handle the situation now can possibly avert a feud in the future-feelings earned during this time in your life will stay with you until long into adulthood.

Before you can respond, you small an odd thing, bitter tang in the air of the cave, like tainted water...

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Agaronix (click to show/hide)

Draignean

Draignean scuttled toward the middle one-with the scales-making sure to pick up speed and keep his deadly horns down...

Spoiler: Massacre! (click to show/hide)

He struck the scaled one head on...and felt his horns punch through the cheap not-scales easily. Warm blood. The scaled point fell to the ground, gasping.

He watched as the others ones, barely able to react, fumbled with their weapons. Draigean turned aside and whipped his long tail at the mans beefy neck-there was a nasty *crack* sound, and the long point didn't move anymore...

Halnons booming laughter could be heard then.

"Good son! Not as slow as I would have preferred, but to each his own!"

All the combatants-even Draigean himself, were a bit shocked. The woman was the first to recover-she had been slowly backing away, but now gathered her courage, and strung one of the sticks in her weapon...Draignean turned to face her, and heard a metallic *twang* as one of her arrows sank into his scalp, drawing blood, but it's point snapped against his hardened skull. The nerve of her to attack you!

He jumped on her next, tearing at her leg with his jaws...once she was down, he tore her head off. Pathetic Humans. They are so weak, they deserve to die, Draignean thinks...

The last one, the one with the club, half heartedly tries to attack Draignean, but merely falls back afer a vicious combination attack of Draigneans left and right claws. He drops his weapon...and falls to his knees

Halnon glides down, snorting and laughing. The man is begging...pathetic!

"Spare me, Lord Dragon! I've done...I've not done...no, no!"

He silences the human with a glare.

"Cease your rambling. Face your death with honor, coward-your executioner shall be my favored son. The first of many, I hope. Kill him now Draignean...slowly."

The man is helpless...at your mercy. Your sister has only just arrived...she's mad, but she also sees your wounded now...

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Draignean (click to show/hide)

Alvrea Markon'vie/Haika

Rea feels the to explore this new ability...she locates her siblings hearts easiest.

Agaronix's heart beats steady, and occasionally spikes...then settles down again. As if his many choices cause him mixed emotions

Abdusks heart is small and strong. It beats at a perky tempo-much like your own, and your mothers.

Amarugx's heart beats erratically, but it seems to be slower now. You had the feeling that a heart that beat as fast as hers did before was unhealthy.

Deciding the nest can only hold so much, she begins to search...there are many small hearts-flying and crawling furry things, and slimy things that don't seem to have hearts at all. They're all probably good to eat...slowly exploring away from her nest, Alv'rea begins moving toward the smell of fresh air...it smells like... Pine-Needles... a small voice whispers in her mind.

She move forward, making sure to keep close to the wall-at first, cautious, then a little bolder. she resists the urge to break out in a full gallop, for now.

As she reaches the mouth of the cave, Alv'rea freezes. She knows it probably wouldn't be smart to go further...but, the smells and sounds are amazing! A feast for the senses!

But, what's that in the distance? It's another heartbeat-sort of like your brother Agaronix's...but much stronger.

THUMP-ka! THUMP-ka! THUMP-ka! THUMP-ka-THUMP! THUMP-ka! THUMP-ka! THUMP-ka! THUMP-ka-THUMP!

It scares you. Now you can detect another scent on the wind...It's... Swampwater....the voice says. What's a swamp?

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Alvrea (click to show/hide)

Urenth/Wolfchild

Urenth cannot help but resist the voices...as she wanders into the snow-now, it's falling harder-Urenth can tell they are singing to her.

Poor little Urenth, lost and forlorn...
Yet Dragonkind, a Mothers Bane...cast to snow...
Come to us Urenth...lost little soul...
Serve us Urenth...as you know you will...
We are...the Sirens of Ice...and you will join us...

The voices are closer now. She can just make them out in the deepening blizzard-they look like...a trio of two legged Humanoid beings, with stark white skin and piercing red eyes, whose points glitter in the whiteness of the blizzard. Urenth has a vague idea that these would be females of their species. Maybe they see her as well, since they seem to be motioning her to come closer...

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Urenth (click to show/hide)

Asabragr/Ahra

Asabargr found a suitable hiding spot-under an old trees roots, behind a naturally overgrown moss curtain, and snuck in as quiet as could be...he knew his tracks would lead the Beard-Claws here...
Full Battle, 6 combat rounds)

Spoiler: Ouch! (click to show/hide)

Asabargr targets the stout one first...he hits it dead on, feeling the creatures spine snap like a thin twig. It falls over and starts screaming. A good start!

The Tall one is more prepared though...two whirling axes fly toward Asabargr, impacting his side and embedding in his scales!

"Did you like that Dragon? eh! There's more where that came from!"

Asabargr charges him, snapping and slashing, driving him back....The Tall one pulls out two larger axes and counterattacks, every blow cutting deeply into Asabargrs flank, and one blow rips away one of his scales. Asabargr screeches in pain!

But, even a small Dragon is more than a match for a single mortal...and eventually, Asabargrs Draconic durability wins out, and he tears out the Tall Ones throat with a vicious bite, though the Dwarf viciously hacks at his face one more time before finally dying. Vengeance.

Then he turns to the stout one, who is still lying face down. Asabargr turns him over, so that he may better face his executioner. It starts to stammer...

"Always knew it would end like this...but...you should go, Dragon. your sister is still alive-we chained her up in the cage. Not sure for how long. There are other hunters in this mountain, worse than me and him...let me live for a little bit longer, whats the harm?"

Asabargr is not sure if he should spare this creature...he doesn't smell any blood on the axes that is not his own-they might not have killed his sibling after all...but, he;s badly wounded. There may be more Claw Beards than these two.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Asabargr (click to show/hide)

OOC: I'll be taking votes to move forward in your Dragon's Ages soon-I suspect we could go no more than ten rounds anyway-just vote YES, and when 4/6 want to go, we'll advance to the next age after all the plot lines are wrapped up.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:45:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2011, 01:10:06 pm »

Being the pessimistic dragonling she is, Rea will be very wary of this new swampsmell and loudheart. Staying as calm as she can, she will back away, and try to tell her mother about it.

((Also, it seems you have me down for the same father as IronyOwl. I was supposed to have a different father, a wanderer. Just in case swampwater there is the Death Stalker guy. ))
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2011, 01:26:30 pm »

((I just didn't give Rea's father any favor because he doesn't know about you yet...I'll edit it to be step father ;) ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2011, 01:55:14 pm »

aserbragr let the small one live as he tried to hurry towards the cave, even attempting to do as him mom had as she left the last time (attempt to fly)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:29:22 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2011, 04:01:40 pm »

If Urenth understood what the sirens were saying

Urenth holds back from the trio, baulking at the word serve

Otherwise

Urenth is so lonley, these are not her mother but they want her when her mother didn't
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2011, 04:54:51 pm »

Oh come on, no traits or attribute ups added for utterly destroying (Two ULTIMATE attacks) the enemy? Darn.

Dwarmin, can I communicate with the human?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2011, 05:12:15 pm »

((To be fair, I lazed on giving stats this turn-you see no one else got anything-just some personal stuff got in the way as I was finishing the turn...I just wanted to get it out before I raged on something.

I just said "meh" and decided to save it for when you dealt with the last one.

I guess you could communicate with him through Halnon. If he likes what you have to say, he'll tell the Human for you.

Edit: Also, I'm logged in right now, so-we could even rapidfire RP out a conversation, like I sometimes do in OoTK RTD.))
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:14:30 pm by Dwarmin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2011, 05:36:22 pm »

Draignean considered the human sprawled before him. His father wanted the man to die slow, but something stayed Draignean's claw... Though his blood pumped quick with bloodlust he could not casually kill the creature after it had so obviously been defeated, it was an inexplicable feeling that this creature be afforded a quick death or be allowed to live now that he had surrendered. The small dragon however could afford neither with his father watching him, and so was forced onto a third path...

Draignean lunged forwards and bit off the captive's left hand, swallowing the fragment. Then he locked eyes with the wounded man. "Serve. Forever."

(IF The Above works then have my new slave drag the armor and weapons of the others as well as whatever coin they have on them to the place where I rest)

ooc edit:

Edit: Also, I'm logged in right now, so-we could even rapidfire RP out a conversation, like I sometimes do in OoTK RTD.))

Works, although baby me is kinda monosyllabic.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:40:30 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2011, 05:52:09 pm »

Invite Darrzun in to eat.

Also, try and copy mother's strange movements.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2011, 06:10:28 pm »

Halnon listens to Draignean with attention.

"Well...my son would prefer you as pet Human, rather than killing you right away. I can assure you, your life will be only extended for a short time-not too long-and in that time, you will suffer degradation to your pride and soul. Then you shall still die...So, what do say?"

Halnon seems amused.

The man, holding his stump and moaning pitifully, is not completely lost-even a small, unlikely chance of escape is better than none...there is a cunning glint in his eye, as he bows his head, and says...

"I...I agree...whatever you say...I'll do it..."

Halnon laughs.

"Good! Now, strip your companions of their armor, weaponry and coin. Be quick about it now...even with one hand, it shouldn't be to hard...now, I do believe you'll need this...put it on."

Halnon snaps his fingers, opening a fissure to a tiny pocket dimension where he stores some of his treasures. He pulls out a tiny green collar, delicately and tosses it to the man.

Then he turns to Draignean.

"Maybe you'll turn into something after all...the collar he's wearing will allow him to understand you, to an extent. It can also cause great agony-you just have to will it...I suggest you get him trained. Humans are apt to rebel at the first opportunity..."

Draignean is left alone with his new slave, who has already begun taking the armor off of the woman-you can tell it's hard for him to do this-and occasionally he glances at with a mixture of fear and hatred...

((Draignean has earned the traits..

Merciless: +10 Agility, +1 to intiative, +100% damage on your first attack when you win intiative.

Critical Strike: Your first ultimate Attack in a round does double damage.))

+10 Cruelty
+10 Evilness
+10 Intimidation

Edit: ^Forgot these :P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:43:59 pm by Dwarmin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2011, 06:31:26 pm »

Draignean Was pleased that his father had let him keep his pet, but the pet's expression displeased him... He had saved that miserable creature's life and it had accepted willingly, glaring hate at its betters was no way to start its servitude. "Faster." Draignean said as he lashed his tail and willed a jolt of pain to his servant.

The man had chosen this life over death, if he ever went back on that decision Draignean would eat him from the feet up. One did not break oaths. After he was satisfied with his servant and Halnon and Hinduarth were out of earshot he would need to make amends to his brother for knocking him down and clawing him...

Alright, I'm ready to age up. So unless you something else planned for me you can have the turns without Draignean until everyone else is ready.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:33:57 pm by Draignean »
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2011, 06:33:21 pm »

I'm willing to age up if nothing interesting happens after my next action.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15