Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62806 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2011, 05:58:29 pm »

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT. Still lost though. Because unfortunately, noone believes you even when you point out glaringly obviously things (like me not actually having supposed "scare tactics") when you're scummy. Then Orangebottle made the vote on Flandre, Mormota phased out of the game, and It was confirmed to me that Orangebottle was scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2011, 06:19:49 pm »

Good job to Orangebottle for being the only player who cared enough to play during lylo. As a result, he won.

Remember when I said that you could not be inactive on lylo? It's because of things like this. The more you lurk and the more inactive you are the easier time the scum have, because they're not getting challenged in the way they need to be. Since literally no one bothered to give Orangebottle a decent look over, he just waltzed his way through to victory.

Because unfortunately, noone believes you even when you point out glaringly obviously things (like me not actually having supposed "scare tactics") when you're scummy.

Like what?

It's not like you had a wealth of good points on any player. The question you should be asking is not, "Why doesn't anybody else listen to me?", but rather, "What do I need to do to convince everyone else that I am right?"

If there is one thing that i've learned from this game, it's either "hurry the fuck up and get your case out" or "extend extend extend!" I had a nagging suspicion that orange was scum, oddly enough. Just like I had the same weird feeling against scum bdthemag in the last game. Weird, huh?

Being right in retrospect doesn't win games for the town.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2011, 06:24:40 pm »

Reading through deadchat, there are quite a few gems. Hardly anyone thought I was scum. Heh. I especially like this quote:

Actually, that noobish behavior is why I'm picking him. I've called all three NKs, they were easily predictable. The scum player was systematically removing the best scumhunters.

Someone mentioned I'd be a very good NK target because I'm a strong player. I was eliminated that night; I figured an IC scum or a more experienced newbie scum would pick someone else, because as debatable as my talents are, there are better targets (especially since I was way off in my suspicions).

Next were Jim, and Irony...the two ICs. Clear, easy choices when no one was commenting on a single player being a powerful factor. Hell, after two days of relentless tunneling, it was pretty clear who NOT to lynch.

OB seems too clever to simply snipe one skilled hunter after another. It seems like the decision a total novice would come to after being given some nonspecific advice by Toaster, like "lynch people that can catch you".

I could easily be overthinking this, but my gut says Mormota. He walked into the game with a screaming, scummy post and hasn't let up yet.

I'd like to take a moment to give a big high five to Zombie, for being a good sport after I bussed him.

Also, Jim, nobody bothered to give a good case on me the entire game. I even asked people to look at me. Guess nobody can take a subtle hint.

Oh Arathos, you so naive.

Anyway, I went after the ICs so they would specifically stop hunting. Experienced players are dangerous to any scum's game, not just newscum. As for Arathos, I suggested killing him because it would be ironic, after he predicted that he would be killed N1. And he's also pretty good at scumhunting, too. At least, from what I read of some other game he played.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2011, 06:47:05 pm »

As for Arathos, I suggested killing him because it would be ironic, after he predicted that he would be killed N1.
*cringe*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2011, 06:52:22 pm »

You guys enjoy the game soundtrack?  :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2011, 06:53:52 pm »

The last song was awfully apropos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2011, 07:13:24 pm »

I did like the soundtrack.

Also, congratulations to Orangbottle. As Jim has pointed out, if you scumhunt well, you look town.

If there is one thing that i've learned from this game, it's either "hurry the fuck up and get your case out" or "extend extend extend!" I had a nagging suspicion that orange was scum, oddly enough. Just like I had the same weird feeling against scum bdthemag in the last game. Weird, huh?
Your gut can be a surprisingly good indicator; you should listen to it when possible.

Of course, nobody's going to lynch your pick based on "I have a feeling," and it's not uncommon to get scummy vibes from numerous people throughout the course of the game, but it's a useful tool nonetheless.

I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT. Still lost though. Because unfortunately, noone believes you even when you point out glaringly obviously things (like me not actually having supposed "scare tactics") when you're scummy. Then Orangebottle made the vote on Flandre, Mormota phased out of the game, and It was confirmed to me that Orangebottle was scum.
To be honest, that was one of only two things I thought odd about his attack on you, and I dismissed it because the rest of his case seemed solid. The other was why he was going after you over Mormota, but he provided a reason for that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2011, 10:25:40 pm »

Nom nom nom

Good game at the start- too bad it died at LYLO.  Well done, my scumlings!  Seeing "If OB is scum, he deserves the win" from both playing ICs made me proud!

I volunteer for that same spot again in the next BM, if anyone wants me there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2011, 10:33:26 pm »

Eeheehee You can't eat me because I burned away ahahahaeeheehehe I cheat you Cthulthu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2011, 11:02:18 pm »

Then I'll just have to eat your soul.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13:55 pm »

Well hopefully Dariush will put up the next BM soon. You can submit an application for Scum IC then.

I think you did very well.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2011, 12:16:33 am »

Toaster is a top quality scum IC.
6/6 would scum with again.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 14, 2011, 09:53:05 am »

I thought time wasn't passing. >.<
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2011, 08:28:35 pm »

Noooooooooooooooooo my soul Q.Q

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2011, 10:29:00 pm »

Well that was both fun and frustrating. I learned a lot and will play after college apps are over.  :P

Thanks everyone!
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25