Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62815 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 3/7, 3/3 - Day 4 - One last hope
« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2011, 01:57:47 pm »

I would like to be replaced, please. I should have asked to be replaced yesterday, and I feel like an idiot for not doing so, but Mafia is at the back of my mind lately. I do not think that qualifies as lurking, at least...
Those excuses I have offered were not false, but playing was starting to feel like a chore, and I have told myself prior to thinking so that I will play this to the very end! Please forgive me, guys. I will most definitely want to play a game in the future. Congratulations on making it to lylo, by the way!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 3/7, 3/3 - Day 4 - One last hope - [ONE REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #331 on: September 08, 2011, 05:50:32 pm »

ARGHLEBARGHLEBURNINGPAINBLAH

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 08, 2011, 06:29:06 pm »

I would like to be replaced, please. I should have asked to be replaced yesterday, and I feel like an idiot for not doing so, but Mafia is at the back of my mind lately. I do not think that qualifies as lurking, at least...
Those excuses I have offered were not false, but playing was starting to feel like a chore, and I have told myself prior to thinking so that I will play this to the very end! Please forgive me, guys. I will most definitely want to play a game in the future. Congratulations on making it to lylo, by the way!
Whatisthisidon'teven

Why would you do this NOW? It'd be a huge disadvantage to Mormota and I, because now we have someone who could be scum that we cannot go after at all.

I did not ignore his wall of text. He was, given our limited knowledge at the time, acting scummily, ignoring questions and very often outright contradicting himself, as we have both pointed out over the previous day. As you have pointed out, Jim told us to stop. I obviously did not feel like that to be a correct decision, simply because of how Powder Miner was acting, and I myself was getting tired of all that, so I pointed out one thing, and just one. Not that he responded to it.

Not true. That was before Powder Miner even appeared. I personally disagree with using the word "accuse", but that is obviously subjective.
Timeline is pretty irrelevant here. You still accused people of doing things they weren't, but that could just be a newtell instead of a scumtell. So, point dropped.

1, There is no connection between the two. I was focused on Powder Miner, because every single guide I read, plus the ICs, told me to be agressive and focus on one person. I was not "missing questions left and right" either, but you'd have to define that for it become something we can argue about.

2, I did not answer IronyOwl's question, I just pointed out how I felt it to be nonsensical and slightly ignorant of all the reasons we have both brought up at the time, making IronyOwl slightly suspicious.

3, I can post it if you really want me to, but it's rather pointless. Explanation in my above post.
1. Kay.
2. Except you totally provided an answer for IronyOwl's question before I answered it. Most of the reasoning was clogged up in a bunch of text walls that most players don't enjoy reading.
3. Eh. Not that it matters now; I was just calling you out on a failure to deliver.

Orangebottle: I do not have anything concrete upon you, but there is something about you as a whole that I, while being unable to place a finger on, find suspicious.
Well, I can't really defend myself against a gut feeling, now can I?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 09, 2011, 12:16:58 am »

Quote from: Orangebottle link=topic=91240.

[quote author=Mormota link=topic=91240.msg2598764#msg2598764 date=1315497406
Orangebottle: I do not have anything concrete upon you, but there is something about you as a whole that I, while being unable to place a finger on, find suspicious.
Well, I can't really defend myself against a gut feeling, now can I?
[/quote]

PFP: I can't put square brackets so the quote is messes up.

And yeah, I am aware of that. To be honest I expected a longer answer, perhaps giving us SOMETHING to discuss.
Congratulations on making it to lylo, by the way!

Just who are you congratulating? Also, a replace is pretty much useless now.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 3/7, 3/3 - Day 4 - One last hope - [ONE REPLACE NEEDED]
« Reply #334 on: September 09, 2011, 01:09:06 am »

I understand that a replace at this stage of the game is going to be disruptive, but I am doing what I can to get somebody in.
Time will be suspended until we have a replace. You can continue to question each other as much as you like in the meantime.

Unless, of course, if your both happy to end the game in a tie. Then I guess we can end things here to get the next game under way.

Experienced players: With no other living IC, I'm more than willing to take you to fill the gap.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 10, 2011, 03:36:24 am »

Inactivity at lylo is essentially a town loss.

I know there's a player up for replace. I don't care. I want to see you try anyway. Seeing to it that you all learn good scumhunting habits is more important than the result of this game, so get to it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 10, 2011, 10:09:07 am »

Mormota, you are failing at looking like a townie. I don't believe that the only thing you can bring up on me is a gut feeling. Try harder. This is the end, the last hurrah.
My Sig

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2011, 02:30:15 pm »

Max. This is terrible. Just end it. Nobody should be allowed to ask for a replacement at LYLO. It inserts a player who is practically untouchable, because we can't look at their logic, their votes, etc. Not only that, Flandre was inactive for most of the game, so we can't even look at Flandre to judge whether this new person is scum or not. Two townies vs an invincible scum does not a balanced game make. Besides, very few people can even be up to reading the entire thread in a day, much less getting one of two people to lynch the other.

Mormota. I know it's the weekend, but you should try, at the very least try, to make a better case.

Flandre. Fuck you. You're inactive all game, then you finally choose to ask for a replacement at LYLO. This makes me feel like you're scummier than Mormota. You should've been lynched yesterday. No, three days ago.

Why would you not ask for a replacement earlier, if you were town? You had plenty of opportunities to do so, and now, when we're in LYLO, is when you actually decide to get a replacement. A townie would want the town to have as much information as possible, and an incredibly inactive townie would want a replacement before LYLO so the other townies would know that they aren't scum. Words do not express how terrible that decision was. Words also do not express how infuriated I am at your decision. Go hang.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2011, 08:19:46 pm »

Max. This is terrible. Just end it. Nobody should be allowed to ask for a replacement at LYLO. It inserts a player who is practically untouchable, because we can't look at their logic, their votes, etc. Not only that, Flandre was inactive for most of the game, so we can't even look at Flandre to judge whether this new person is scum or not. Two townies vs an invincible scum does not a balanced game make. Besides, very few people can even be up to reading the entire thread in a day, much less getting one of two people to lynch the other.

Yeah, it's terrible, but you're still going to have to deal with situations just like this in future games. Crying to the mod about it won't make you any better at adapting through terrible game situations.

Play it out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 10, 2011, 10:50:56 pm »

^ This.

As I was told by another player once: "Mafia is not a game of girly pink pony shit.  Grow some balls."

(Shortly after his posts devolved into "crucify, crucify, crucify!" and he never did figure out that I was a woman, but seriously: grow up, play the game, move on.  Shit happens and complaining to the mod for something as little as this just makes you look foolish)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 11, 2011, 03:58:58 am »

I'll make some points a bit later. After rereading the thread a few more times.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 13, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »

Scum Victory!
Scum Victory Song: My Chemical Romance - Dead

Flandre backed away from the remaining two crew members, a look of horror across her face. There would be no rescue, no escape, no living. Not for her, not for anybody. Even if they found the last killer, what good would it do? The Vindicator III was ripped in half, and a horrific monster of the deep lurked outside, ready to destroy them at it's own leisure.

"No! I can't do this any more!" she screamed, as she hit her fist against one of the portholes in the wall "I just want out! I just want to go home!"

Orangebottle slowly approached her, with a calm, soft smile on he's face. He was surly a friend, he had done so much to protect the rest of the crew, how could he be the killer?

"Don't you understand, Flandre?" he asked, in a soft tone, as he reached out to comfort her, "We are at the bottom of the ocean, there is no getting out."

At this, he reached for her neck, and with strength unknown to humans, he smashed the back of her head against the porthole. Even at this great depth, cracks appeared in the glass, and Flandre was knocked unconscious.

"You sick bastard!" shouted Mormota, as he lunged bare handed at orange, but Orange easily battered him off with he's free hand, and throw him to the ground.

"You will both make fine sacrifices to our lord" stated Orange, in a much darker tone, as he once again beat Flandre against the glass, until the cracks widened. Suddenly, the window exploded into shards, and water quickly began to fill the room.

The last thing Mormota knew was Orangebottle standing over him, similing, and the sound of the great beast outside waiting into the murky depths, shaking the entire sub.

Votecount

Flandre[1]:  Orangebottle
Mormota[0]:
Orangebottle[0]:

Not voting: Flandre,  Mormota

OrangeBottle has won! He was a venomous deep one (Roleblock)
Zombie Urist has won! He was a deep one (Mafia)
Toaster has chowed down! He was Cthulhu (Scum IC)

ScumChat
DeadChat

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!
« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2011, 04:33:26 pm »

Bon appétit Cfoofoo.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2011, 04:37:19 pm »

If there is one thing that i've learned from this game, it's either "hurry the fuck up and get your case out" or "extend extend extend!" I had a nagging suspicion that orange was scum, oddly enough. Just like I had the same weird feeling against scum bdthemag in the last game. Weird, huh?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »

Mwaaaaahahahahahahaaa!
Feast, dark one, feast!
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25