Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62862 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 4/7, 3/3 - Day 3 - Vengeful
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2011, 08:45:25 pm »

Oh, and I forgot to add this in the post. I'm actually going to vote you now, Orangebottle, for the sheer amount of scrabbling for reasons, and nonsensical and/or ridiculous crap you've been trying to lynch me with, at the expense of actual scumhunting.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2011, 09:59:22 pm »

By overlooking it. It's really not that hard with a tiny post like that.
You saw the post. It eight new sentences in it. Two of these pertained to you. Of the two, you remarked on one but completely ignored the other's existence. When there's hardly a space between them. I find your missing of it very hard to believe.

I mostly said he was tunneling parts of my posts that he didn't like, and some posts. I never said he was tunneling me 24/7. There's a difference.  I'm trying to formulate something to make or break my suspicions someone who is a fair bit scummy and seems to me to be cashing in on the whole tunnelfight. How about that?
You're using so much wording in so many places without knowing what it means that you've confused tunneling with ignoring. Also, in the post I linked, you only said he was ignoring you. You never went into specifics. You're only doing so now, when you've been pressured. Here's another example of you abusing the words and claiming that Mormota is just ignoring you overall.

I found a rather passive player (I find that scummy), yes, and then I went in on him because I decided I should get into the action right then and there. No I did not do that to make myself look scummy. I'm sorry, Orangebottle, there are no Jester in this game, and frankly that point makes no sense. And to the next point in this paragraph, how can I be sure that you're not making ridiculous statements to get me to vote you so you can scream "OMGUS!!!!", and add that to your argument against me?!?!?! Why? Because it's ridiculous and WIFOMy. Didn't IronyOwl say something about not making ridiculous reasons to call someone scum? Because that's what I'm seeing.
Oh boy, more abused words. He'd just gone off at Jim for being aggressive, and then you get in his face. Anyway, this point was stupid and I have no idea why I added it in the first place.

Oh and by the way, that's the defending Mormota I'm talking about. Right there
Mormota doesn't need my help to defend himself. I'm not attacking you to defend him. I'm attacking you because I think you're scum. Though that impression has certainly weakened during this exchange, I'm going to continue because I still think you're scum.

*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* It's called making a point. I wasn't actually voting you. I was proving the point that an OMGUS vote is an OMGUS vote despite excuses. I see no way you could think I was actuaqlly trying to vote you, given I made a space in between the vote and the unvote in the same post, along with an explanation of the point I was making. Well, I find two explanations. One, you're stupid, or two, you're desperately scrabbling for all the reasons you can get to lynch me. And I highly doubt you're sutpid, so that leads to the second reason.
Three: I'm scumhunting, albeit in a way you aren't used to.
Yes, an OMGUS is an OMGUS, but not if it's a vote with actual reasons used in the voting. You still seem to not understand that.

You're scrabbling for reasons, no matter how ridiculous they are, just to get me lynched. Let's face it, dude.
And here's a hint, going no holds barred without real reasoning to try to get someone lynched doesn't make you look like town. Let's face it dude.
Dude, it doesn't matter if I look like scum. I'm trying to get scum lynched. If it makes me look like scum in the process, so be it. Dude.

There's a word for attacking someone to defend another, and that is the chainsaw defense. At this point though, I think you only want me lynched so you can get us to LyLo.
[sarcasm]Clearly if someone is doing something strange there has to be something scummy to it. If a guy's attacking you instead of the person you're attacking, well, obviously he's trying to defend them, isn't he!?!?![/sarcasm]
Leaps of logic like that help nobody.

1) Just saying "you're scummier" Is not a reason. Try again.
2) I can, and I am, say the same thing about you. This would be one of the "completely ridiculous" moments. Also, Mormota was tunneling. Everyone but you acknowledge that
3) Boo-hoo, hoo I'm not good at making posts. that i absolutely no reason to vot someone, and it's simply more scummy scrabbling for reasons.
1)Yes. Yes it is. The reasoning behind you being scummier is in my posts. Like this one.
2) Okay. I'm just going to quote a little gem for you. The first living player's post of day three, if you will.
Mormota and Powder Miner:You two have been voting for eachother since you joined in the beginning of day 2. Do you have any other suspects? If so, list them and your reasons for being suspicious for them. If not, are you just going to keep tunneling eachother all day?
3)Actually, it can be. Town needs to be understood to actually get anywhere with their hunting, and between misquoting things, abusing the game's words, and all the spelling and grammar errors you make, it's taking me a long time to make heads or tails of what you're posting.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 05, 2011, 02:24:29 am »

MMMFFF. Walls of text that I'm not convinced are going anywhere make this hard to handle.

Flandre:
IronyOwl: I have noticed that yours was the vote that delivered the lynch to scum Zombie Urist. Even if Jim pushed you to break the tie, it would have definitely benefited you to vote for Zombie to make you look like town. General parrotness would be a liability to you as his scum partner more than it would be to him, and is a weak excuse to vote for him on its own. You are a solid player that would need to either cover for him or get rid of the weak link yourself, and he is just a lurking novice that did not have a unique opinion.
Or I could have voted whichever of Powder or Mormota I preferred, leaving it at LYLO today and without destroying my ability to bus him later.

Orangebottle, what makes you think Powder is scummier than Mormota?

Powder, what makes you think Orangebottle is scummier than Mormota?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2011, 02:28:30 am »

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Mormota[0]:
PowderMiner[2]: Orangebottle, Mormota
Orangebottle[1]: PowderMiner
IronyOwl[0]:

Not voting: Flandre, IronyOwl,

The day will end 4:00 pm, Tuesday the 6th, forum time.

Protip: One of the best habits you are going to pick up on in mafia is to always preview your post before you submit. No matter how good your argument, it is always better when put forward in a clear manner, and nothing will ruin that like badly trimmed quotes.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2011, 09:31:27 am »

There's a word for attacking someone to defend another, and that is the chainsaw defense. At this point though, I think you only want me lynched so you can get us to LyLo.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

All this time, you said you were suspicious of me because of my chainsaw defense against you. NOW you're saying that a chainsaw defense is something else entirely? Good lord.

Jim: I'm not going to argue with you. You have more experience, I understand that. But Powder Miner is acting in a way that is rather hard to explain. He's not being aggressive either, which is a scumtell if I'm correct. Or atleast a scummy sign. I'm just asking you if you're sure that I should drop my vote. Say so, and I will.

Dude, it doesn't matter if I look like scum. I'm trying to get scum  lynched. If it makes me look like scum in the process, so be it. Dude.

From my limited experience, that is horribly wrong. If you look scummy, then you will derail other townies looking for scum. That is not what you want. You want to avoid looking scummy even as town so that we can effectively hunt the mafia. You have kindled a bit of suspicion in me.

IronyOwl, what is MMMFFF?

MMMFFF. Walls of text that I'm not convinced are going anywhere make this hard to handle.

Flandre:

I personally find this question rather nonsensical. Powder Miner is currently jumping from argument to argument and generally acting scummy. Please, and I'm being serious now, tell me how I am currently scummy?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 05, 2011, 09:34:59 am »

Flandre:
IronyOwl: I have noticed that yours was the vote that delivered the lynch to scum Zombie Urist. Even if Jim pushed you to break the tie, it would have definitely benefited you to vote for Zombie to make you look like town. General parrotness would be a liability to you as his scum partner more than it would be to him, and is a weak excuse to vote for him on its own. You are a solid player that would need to either cover for him or get rid of the weak link yourself, and he is just a lurking novice that did not have a unique opinion.
Or I could have voted whichever of Powder or Mormota I preferred, leaving it at LYLO today and without destroying my ability to bus him later.

Elementary my dear Watson.

First of all, his day two behavior. Powder Miner made a number of false claims while tunneling Mormota, giving everything he had to try and get him lynched. His main reason for the vote was an OMGUS that wasn't an OMGUS because Mormota had a reason to vote for him.

Powder Miner proceeds to falsely accuse Mormota of ignoring him several times, even when Mormota is responding to his posts. Mormota even asks for clarification on what exactly was ignored. Powder continues to use this false claim on day 3.

Secondly, Powder Miner blatantly ignored my question here, which is what usually gets me to start voting for someone and taking sides in a tunnel-war. It's not just that he ignored the question, though. He ignored it while acknowledging the post. Ignoring questions on purpose, with no reason posted as to why? Scummy.

Third, the quick unvote. Townies don't need to use scare tactics to get other townies off their back.

A few more things here:

Note how he is only suspicious of people who attack him.

His posts tend to be terribly formatted, which doesn't help the town at all. Scum can't answer his questions right because they can hardly understand him, and Town has a hard time understanding his attacks on other people.

They both look somewhat scummy, what with tunneling eachother an entire day and continuing it the next, and ignoring the IC multiple times, but Powder looks more scum than new.

PPE:

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

All this time, you said you were suspicious of me because of my chainsaw defense against you. NOW you're saying that a chainsaw defense is something else entirely? Good lord.
Oh dear lord, now you're both getting your words mixed up. That wasn't even directed at you, Mormota.
My Sig

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2011, 12:26:52 pm »

Oh dear lord, now you're both getting your words mixed up. That wasn't even directed at you, Mormota.

Please do tell me what exactly I mixed up.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »

Dude, it doesn't matter if I look like scum. I'm trying to get scum  lynched. If it makes me look like scum in the process, so be it. Dude.

From my limited experience, that is horribly wrong. If you look scummy, then you will derail other townies looking for scum. That is not what you want. You want to avoid looking scummy even as town so that we can effectively hunt the mafia. You have kindled a bit of suspicion in me.

Blame my short attention span. Anyways, don't you have anything to say about this Orangebottle?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2011, 12:56:33 pm »

Please do tell me what exactly I mixed up.
Chainsaw Defense and OMGUS.

Blame my short attention span. Anyways, don't you have anything to say about this Orangebottle?
The only people who should be concerned with how they look are the scum.
My Sig

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2011, 01:00:40 pm »

He often pointed out how my "chainsaw defense" was suspicious. I'm not mixing anything up.

I personally disagree for the reasons I already explained, but of course I could be wrong. Jim?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 05, 2011, 01:07:54 pm »

He often pointed out how my "chainsaw defense" was suspicious. I'm not mixing anything up.
Ah. Didn't see that.
My Sig

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 05, 2011, 02:00:18 pm »

It was just once, not "often", not that that's relevant... Now to find Orangebottle's posts and deconstruct him...
By overlooking it. It's really not that hard with a tiny post like that.
You saw the post. It eight new sentences in it. Two of these pertained to you. Of the two, you remarked on one but completely ignored the other's existence. When there's hardly a space between them. I find your missing of it very hard to believe.
In fact I did not see the post. Just because omehting pertans to me doesn't automatically mean I see it.

Quote from: Orangebottle
I mostly said he was tunneling parts of my posts that he didn't like, and some posts. I never said he was tunneling me 24/7. There's a difference.  I'm trying to formulate something to make or break my suspicions someone who is a fair bit scummy and seems to me to be cashing in on the whole tunnelfight. How about that?
You're using so much wording in so many places without knowing what it means that you've confused tunneling with ignoring. Also, in the post I linked, you only said he was ignoring you. You never went into specifics. You're only doing so now, when you've been pressured. Here's another example of you abusing the words and claiming that Mormota is just ignoring you overall.
I found a rather passive player (I find that scummy), yes, and then I went in on him because I decided I should get into the action right then and there. No I did not do that to make myself look scummy. I'm sorry, Orangebottle, there are no Jester in this game, and frankly that point makes no sense. And to the next point in this paragraph, how can I be sure that you're not making ridiculous statements to get me to vote you so you can scream "OMGUS!!!!", and add that to your argument against me?!?!?! Why? Because it's ridiculous and WIFOMy. Didn't IronyOwl say something about not making ridiculous reasons to call someone scum? Because that's what I'm seeing.
Oh boy, more abused words. He'd just gone off at Jim for being aggressive, and then you get in his face. Anyway, this point was stupid and I have no idea why I added it in the first place.
Yes, I did say he was tunneling there. However, he WAS tunneling me for at least some of the time (and I was referring to him tunneling a few of my recent posts there), and let me put it this way, you can't have a tunnel fight with less than two people. Also, the reason you uncluded that point is becuse you're scrabbling for ridiculous reasons to get the town in LyLo tomorrow. IN Beginner's Mafia, LyLo has been good for scum. LyLo is generally good for scum, in fact.

Oh and by the way, that's the defending Mormota I'm talking about. Right there
Mormota doesn't need my help to defend himself. I'm not attacking you to defend him. I'm attacking you because I think you're scum. Though that impression has certainly weakened during this exchange, I'm going to continue because I still think you're scum.
If you thought I was scum, you would be asking actual scumhunt questions, not making ridiculous crap up and trying to find the strangest possible meaning nto my posts just to get me lynched. If you were scumhunting, you would look for sensible questions. You're really just trying to get to LyLo.

*facedesk* *facedesk* *facedesk* It's called making a point. I wasn't actually voting you. I was proving the point that an OMGUS vote is an OMGUS vote despite excuses. I see no way you could think I was actuaqlly trying to vote you, given I made a space in between the vote and the unvote in the same post, along with an explanation of the point I was making. Well, I find two explanations. One, you're stupid, or two, you're desperately scrabbling for all the reasons you can get to lynch me. And I highly doubt you're sutpid, so that leads to the second reason.
Three: I'm scumhunting, albeit in a way you aren't used to.
Yes, an OMGUS is an OMGUS, but not if it's a vote with actual reasons used in the voting. You still seem to not understand that.
*sigh* There is a difference between scumhunting and trying to get someone lynched with ridiculous reasons. You still seem to not understand that. Also, I have already broken down that reason, and shown it's not a reason. My reasons for voting him weren't fake.

You're scrabbling for reasons, no matter how ridiculous they are, just to get me lynched. Let's face it, dude.
And here's a hint, going no holds barred without real reasoning to try to get someone lynched doesn't make you look like town. Let's face it dude.
Dude, it doesn't matter if I look like scum. I'm trying to get scum lynched. If it makes me look like scum in the process, so be it. Dude.
YOu're trying to get town lynched to gt us to LyLo. If you really wanted yo lynch scum, you would be going for sensible, real scumhunting reasons. Making insane crap up really doesn't help town.[/quote]
[sarcasm]Clearly if someone is doing something strange there has to be something scummy to it. If a guy's attacking you instead of the person you're attacking, well, obviously he's trying to defend them, isn't he!?!?![/sarcasm]
Leaps of logic like that help nobody.
You had been taking about how he clearly wasn;t ignoring me at all (he was, even if not the whole time, and note I never actually stated he was ignoring me all the time.
1) Just saying "you're scummier" Is not a reason. Try again.
2) I can, and I am, say the same thing about you. This would be one of the "completely ridiculous" moments. Also, Mormota was tunneling. Everyone but you acknowledge that
3) Boo-hoo, hoo I'm not good at making posts. that i absolutely no reason to vot someone, and it's simply more scummy scrabbling for reasons.
1)Yes. Yes it is. The reasoning behind you being scummier is in my posts. Like this one.
2) Okay. I'm just going to quote a little gem for you. The first living player's post of day three, if you will.
Mormota and Powder Miner:You two have been voting for eachother since you joined in the beginning of day 2. Do you have any other suspects? If so, list them and your reasons for being suspicious for them. If not, are you just going to keep tunneling eachother all day?
3)Actually, it can be. Town needs to be understood to actually get anywhere with their hunting, and between misquoting things, abusing the game's words, and all the spelling and grammar errors you make, it's taking me a long time to make heads or tails of what you're posting.
1) Oh really? You're scummy then! This unbacked-up claim is the ultimate reason everyone should vote you ahahahah! Yeeeaaah, that's not the way it works Orangebottle.
2) Please explain to me how that is relevant. You're not even voting for anyone in there, and therefore it's not an example of reasoning.
3) This is pathetic. I think I'm understood now. Anyway, forcing the town into LyLo isn't good for town. Also, to get anywhere with hunting you need to actually pull up sensible reasons. Typing and posting prowess is not one of these, and it wouldn't be even if that was a problem right now. More scrabbling...
[/quote]
First of all, his day two behavior. Powder Miner made a number of false claims while tunneling Mormota, giving everything he had to try and get him lynched. His main reason for the vote was an OMGUS that wasn't an OMGUS because Mormota had a reason to vote for him.
I made no false claims. It WAS an OMGUS because his supposed reason that my claims were false I had already disproved by then.
Powder Miner proceeds to falsely accuse Mormota of ignoring him several times, even when Mormota is responding to his posts. Mormota even asks for clarification on what exactly was ignored. Powder continues to use this false claim on day 3.
I had included what he ignored in that post or the one after. And he haad ignored me some of the time. You're twisting my words to make it sound like I said he ignored me every single second. I did not. So if this makes me so suspicious, what do you thinf of the fact that Mormota did the exact same thing?
Secondly, Powder Miner blatantly ignored my question here, which is what usually gets me to start voting for someone and taking sides in a tunnel-war. It's not just that he ignored the question, though. He ignored it while acknowledging the post. Ignoring questions on purpose, with no reason posted as to why? Scummy.
I missed it. This is not blatant ignoring. However if you're going to blatantly ignore me talking about how I did not see it, really that's scummy.

Third, the quick unvote. Townies don't need to use scare tactics to get other townies off their back.
More proof of your scrabbling. How do you disguise that as a "scare tactic" If I wanted to vote you, I would have voted, and there's no way in heck someone can take illustrating a point like that for a threat. It's not a quick unvote. It was an unvote in the same post, in other words, I never actually cat my vote at you. (I did later, but that's a different case.) You're scrabbling for ridiculous reasons, and this here is the cream of the insane crop.
A few more things here:

Note how he is only suspicious of people who attack him.
I attacked Mormota first. I'm not "only suspicious of people who attack me" Try again.

His posts tend to be terribly formatted, which doesn't help the town at all. Scum can't answer his questions right because they can hardly understand him, and Town has a hard time understanding his attacks on other people.
More scrabbling. Just because I hadn't been able to post well (and knowing how to quote now, it's changed), in no way makes me scum, and now that my pots are legible, this point fails even harder.

They both look somewhat scummy, what with tunneling eachother an entire day and continuing it the next, and ignoring the IC multiple times, but Powder looks more scum than new.
And now I think I've pulled your reasons for voting me apart. But considering your only worry right now is scrabbling for all of the bullcrap reasons you can come up and getting the town into LyLo, YOu probably won't even try scumhunting (for real, ridiculous crap that makes no sense doesn't count), and undoubtedly you won't let logic get in your way.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 05, 2011, 02:18:59 pm »

Jim. Look at that and tell me he is not scummy when he is outright contradicting himself from post to post.

Quote from: Powder Miner
In fact I did not see the post. Just because omehting pertans to me doesn't automatically mean I see it.

I'd like to point something out.

I'm not even going to go further because you just contradicted yourself in your second line. (Not in reading, I read it all, duh.)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 05, 2011, 03:38:30 pm »

Jim. Look at that and tell me he is not scummy when he is outright contradicting himself from post to post.
Jim isn't supposed to be scumhunting anymore. He's dead.
At least, I think that's how ICs work.

I'm not even going to go further because you just contradicted yourself in your second line. (Not in reading, I read it all, duh.)
Nah, that's my job. Because it's me versus him.

If you didn't see the post, how could you possibly have responded to my comment about your awful grammar? You're backpedaling, scum.

Yes, I did say he was tunneling there. However, he WAS tunneling me for at least some of the time (and I was referring to him tunneling a few of my recent posts there), and let me put it this way, you can't have a tunnel fight with less than two people.
I never said either of you weren't tunneling eachother. In fact, I called both of you out on it at the start of the day.

Also, the reason you uncluded that point is becuse you're scrabbling for ridiculous reasons to get the town in LyLo tomorrow. IN Beginner's Mafia, LyLo has been good for scum. LyLo is generally good for scum, in fact.
No. I am trying to get you lynched because I believe you're scum. Not all of my reasons are ridiculous; you just choose to dismiss them as such.

The burden of proof is on the attacker, not the victim. What i'm trying to say here is: if you want to claim something is ridiculous, invalid, or whathaveyou, prove it. Otherwise it's all just empty words.

If you thought I was scum, you would be asking actual scumhunt questions, not making ridiculous crap up and trying to find the strangest possible meaning nto my posts just to get me lynched. If you were scumhunting, you would look for sensible questions. You're really just trying to get to LyLo.
Or I would be presenting my case and trying to get the town to lynch scum. Kinda like I am now.

*sigh* There is a difference between scumhunting and trying to get someone lynched with ridiculous reasons. You still seem to not understand that. Also, I have already broken down that reason, and shown it's not a reason. My reasons for voting him weren't fake.
You know, getting you to tunnel me has provided a lot of material for all of us to analyze. It's much more effective than any random question. There's also a difference between calling something something it isn't and actually proving that it is.

YOu're trying to get town lynched to gt us to LyLo. If you really wanted yo lynch scum, you would be going for sensible, real scumhunting reasons. Making insane crap up really doesn't help town.
No. I'm trying to get scum lynched to get us victory.

You had been taking about how he clearly wasn;t ignoring me at all (he was, even if not the whole time, and note I never actually stated he was ignoring me all the time.
Actually, it's that you stated that he was ignoring you in general. With posts like "I'm sorry youre just ignorin me now". Then, today, you clarified it to "He was ignoring parts of my posts." To use that point in my argument, I have to prove that your argument against him was bullshit. And I did exactly that.

1) Oh really? You're scummy then! This unbacked-up claim is the ultimate reason everyone should vote you ahahahah! Yeeeaaah, that's not the way it works Orangebottle.
2) Please explain to me how that is relevant. You're not even voting for anyone in there, and therefore it's not an example of reasoning.
3) This is pathetic. I think I'm understood now. Anyway, forcing the town into LyLo isn't good for town. Also, to get anywhere with hunting you need to actually pull up sensible reasons. Typing and posting prowess is not one of these, and it wouldn't be even if that was a problem right now. More scrabbling...
1) I was telling you that if you read my post you'd already know why I think you're scummy. Of course, you are incapable of reading between the lines, so you just posted that.
2)You claimed that I was saying that Mormota didn't tunnel you at all. I actually did the opposite of that, and called you both out on it at the same time.
3)The town won't be forced into LYLO if we lynch scum. Scum like yourself. And no, this point makes perfect sense. I explained my reasoning behind it and you're just like,"No, no, that's utterly ridiculous."
Why? You need to be able to type well no matter what role you are in this game because otherwise people will get tired of trying to translate your shit and lynch you, or at best ignore you.

I made no false claims. It WAS an OMGUS because his supposed reason that my claims were false I had already disproved by then.
Proof. Give me proof. Don't just say "I disproved his reasons by then". Give me a link to a post where you trounced his reasoning, or hell, quote it here. Mind you, if the post doesn't say why his reasoning is false/disproved/whatever, it's not going to work.

I had included what he ignored in that post or the one after. And he haad ignored me some of the time. You're twisting my words to make it sound like I said he ignored me every single second. I did not. So if this makes me so suspicious, what do you thinf of the fact that Mormota did the exact same thing?
God, dude, don't just insert your crap in the middle of a bunch of quoted text.
I missed it. This is not blatant ignoring. However if you're going to blatantly ignore me talking about how I did not see it, really that's scummy.
My point is, how could you possibly not see it when it's right next to the statement you actually responded to?!

More proof of your scrabbling. How do you disguise that as a "scare tactic" If I wanted to vote you, I would have voted, and there's no way in heck someone can take illustrating a point like that for a threat. It's not a quick unvote. It was an unvote in the same post, in other words, I never actually cat my vote at you. (I did later, but that's a different case.) You're scrabbling for ridiculous reasons, and this here is the cream of the insane crop.
It's a scare tactic because you threatened me with a vote to get me to back off. And yes, it is a threat.  You could easily have just said "What if I voted for you right after you'd done it to me, for little reason? Would you consider that an OMGUS? I would." but no, you went for the red, intimidating text in an attempt to force me to back off. It failed.

I attacked Mormota first. I'm not "only suspicious of people who attack me" Try again.
Yes you are. You aren't suspicious of IronyOwl or Flandre, and neither of them have attacked you. You weren't suspicious of Zombie Urist or Jim Groovester yesterday, and neither of them attacked you. Let's face it: the only reason you're after me right now is because I attacked you first. Mormota and I have both received your vote, and both of us have launched full-scale attacks on you.

More scrabbling. Just because I hadn't been able to post well (and knowing how to quote now, it's changed), in no way makes me scum, and now that my pots are legible, this point fails even harder.
No. It makes you hard to read and annoying in general. [sarcasm]And yes. Your pots are very legible. Well done.[/sarcasm]

And now I think I've pulled your reasons for voting me apart. But considering your only worry right now is scrabbling for all of the bullcrap reasons you can come up and getting the town into LyLo, YOu probably won't even try scumhunting (for real, ridiculous crap that makes no sense doesn't count), and undoubtedly you won't let logic get in your way.
Nope, I'm still up and punching. Also: I've done way more scumhunting than you have. Don't even try to deny it.
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 05, 2011, 03:53:13 pm »

Jim: I'm not going to argue with you. You have more experience, I understand that. But Powder Miner is acting in a way that is rather hard to explain. He's not being aggressive either, which is a scumtell if I'm correct. Or atleast a scummy sign. I'm just asking you if you're sure that I should drop my vote. Say so, and I will.

Then prove it convincingly and concisely.

I'm not joking about the concise part. I don't want to see any giant walls of text (because I'm not going to read them and there are a lot of people who won't even when they're still in the game). If he's as much scum as you think he is, then it shouldn't take very much to prove it, don't you think?

This isn't really true.

Townies want to look town as much as scum want to look town. It helps avoid mislynches if members of the town do their part to avoid suspicion.

But the only way they can look town is by scumhunting. The only way. Only. No room for anything else.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25