Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62893 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 5/7, 3/3 - Day 2 - Stains of blood
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2011, 07:18:16 pm »

Extend. Do not emulate me as far as activity level goes.

Mormota:
And please, quite the OMGUSing. I already elaborated on that, and it's getting tiring.
What's the purpose of this phrase?
This was not rhetorical.

After that, pretty much nothing happened which could have given me a new lead other than people questioning me.
This isn't an excuse. If nothing's happening, you need to make it happen.

Also, you might want to avoid page numbers and locations, as the number of posts per page is modifiable. Post numbers or links tend to work better.

That being said, I'm honestly still not completely sure what to look for in posts to find scummy behavior.
You're looking for people trying to act like something they're not. Lists of common scumtells can help you get started along that path, as can knowing what town should be doing. Neither is a replacement for the actual principle of finding deceptive scum, however.

Either I miss that someone else has posted the same reason or I think my reason is different enough to be worth saying. I don't see how I'm borrowing votes though.
Bolded part in particular worries me. Just how often have you been reading the thread, yet failed to notice someone saying something noteworthy about your suspect?

IronyOwl, tiebreaker time.
Fuck.

zombie urist for now, for general parrotness and lack of much else. Powder and Mormota's flailmatch seems meaningless as far as their alignments go. Might even be leaning towards town on Mormota, due to the Obviously Does Not Have An IC Explaining What To Do factor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 31, 2011, 03:18:59 am »

Mormota:
And please, quite the OMGUSing. I already elaborated on that, and it's getting tiring.
What's the purpose of this phrase?
This was not rhetorical.

I am not entirely sure what you meant. What I meant is that I already explained what I did was not an OMGUS, and Powder Miner was not getting the discussion anywhere by simply constantly saying I OMGUSed him.

Please tell, which part of your posts am I ignoring?

I am still waiting.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 31, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »

Mormota, the fact simply remains that you provided those reasons AFTER you OMGUSed me, and if you are going to aruge that, read my previous posts. I don't want to have to explain myself three times again.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 01, 2011, 09:55:04 am »

Your previous posts do not provide anything other than "You didn't provide a reason when you OMGUSed me!" And in each of my posts, I replied to that and explained how I did. So please tell me which part did I actually ignore?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2011, 10:06:16 am »

The part when I actually quoted your post and revealed how there wasn't a reason in it. That part.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 7/7, 3/3 - Day 2 - Stains of blood
« Reply #260 on: September 01, 2011, 01:13:22 pm »

Oh, and I forgot to say this:
HE says he came up with his current reasons at the time he voted me.
Quote from: Mormota on August 27, 2011, 02:36:52 pm
As you wish, Powder Miner. Tell me then, again, just what are you basing your claims on me? Why do you keep telling me to be aggressive? Are you perhaps afraid you'll forget to do that? How can you even call me passive? I have a feeling you just barged in here, saw someone who you know not to be scum, tried to make up a reason, and attacked.
All he does is asks me why I'm telling him not to be passive, with soem strange claim that I'm reminding myself to be aggressive, and then without reasoning, acted as my reasoning of him being passive earlier was ridiculous, and then says some desperate stuff about how MAYBE I came in and randomly went on him because I'm supposedly scum. I don't see your reasons. I don't actually see any real reasons, just some desperation before the noose.

That's your single post where you quoted me. Quoting me AFTER you said I OMGUSed you. May I remind you that it was [urlhttp://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91240.msg2570531#msg2570531]this[/url] you called an OMGUS, not what you quoted.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 01, 2011, 04:01:48 pm »

Night 2 – What Creeps in the Dark
Tonight's theme song: Fall out boy – You're crashing, but you're no wave

Although tired and terrified, the crew knew they had no choice. If they were going to die anyway, they had little to loose. After a day of accusations an trial, they decided that Zombie Urist was most likely one of the killers. Standing in the communications room, the smell of dry blood around them, they thought about an easy way to end him.

“Fine, “ commands Jim, standing up, “I'll do it! Grab him and come with me”

Orangebottle and IronyOwl grabbed Zombie Urist and dragged him by he's arms after Jim, who led them into the subs dinning quarters. There he found a large streak knife.

“Look on the bright side,” claimed Jim “It won't hurt as much as what happened to Ed”

With that Jim stabbed Zombie in the chest with the knife, right where any human would keep their heart. Sticky, dark blue ooze weeped from the wound, slowly dripping down into a pool. Zombie closed he's eyes, and rocked a little, struggling with this new found pain. “This is not the end” he whispered, “Not for you all! There is still so much suffering to be had at the hands of our master! My death will not go unavenged”

“If your going to die” said Jim, as he pulled the knife from Zombies chest, “At least give a more original speak!”

Zombie soon collapsed, and lay frozen. What ever he was, he was not human, and clearly one of the killers. The crew decided it must be dead, and it would be best to try and get to sleep. Maybe with that thing gone, they were safe from the most imminent danger, and could get to work fixing the radio?

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Powder Miner[2]: zombie urist, Mormota
Mormota[2]: Flandre, Powder Miner
zombie urist[3]: Jim Groovester, Orangebottle, IronyOwl
Orangebottle[0]:
Jim Groovester[0]:
IronyOwl[0]:

Not voting:

Zombie_Urist (Mafiaso) has lynched

The day will end 4:00 pm, friday the 2nd, forum time.

Not using night actions
Although in this game it is hard to think of a reason to not use a night action, in other, more complex games, there might be a reason to not use your night action. In this case, rather than not sending in anything to your mod, it is better to submit a PM saying 'No [night action]'.

Some mods will extend the night phase while waiting for night actions, so telling the mod exactly what you want from the night action checks you off their waiting list.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 4/7, 3/3 - Day 3 - Vengeful
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2011, 04:18:37 pm »

Day 3 – Vengeful
Today's theme song: Green Day – Saint Jimmy

The crew awoke to the sound of static, in the otherwise silent sub. Any that could not hear it from where they were sleeping were soon awoken from the sounds of others shouting in joy. In the radio room, the broken and battered radio buzzed, sometimes breaking into human voice.

“[static]...have heard your... [buzz] ...scue operation...[white noise] … to ready the...”

The radio then fell silent again, but what it said was enough to tell the crew that before he's death, the communinations officer had sent out an SOS, and there was a rescue under way. With the death of that monster last night, alll they had to do was wait.

To celebrate, they headed towards to dinning quarters to eat, and perhaps examine the dead creature. There they found Jim. Of all the deaths they had yet seen, this was the most brutal. Limbs had been ripped off and broken, and he's beaten torso had been ripped open. The most grotesque finding was Jim's head in the sink, with a long kitchen knife protruding from between he's eyes.

They were not yet safe. One more lurked among them, and another day of inquisition began.

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Mormota[0]:
PowderMiner[0]:
Orangebottle[0]:
IronyOwl[0]:

Not voting: PowderMiner, Flandre, Orangebottle, Mormota, IronyOwl,

Jim Groovster (Townie) has been night killed!

The day will end 4:00 pm, Tuesday the 6th, forum time.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2011, 04:28:44 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Anyways, me being dead doesn't stop me from giving advice. One of the perks/responsibilities of being an IC.

With one scum dead, the game actually becomes significantly easier. What you want to look for now is interactions between all the players in the game and zombie urist for potential leads. Look for anything that looks odd, suspicious, or forced, and question about it. You might also look for complete and utter lack of interactions, besides token ones at the start of the game. Looking for both can lead to scum.

The reasoning behind this is that it's difficult for a scum team to interact in the same way that townies interact with each other. So if you can find interactions that stand out from others, then that might mean that those two players are scum. More often than not, though, since it is difficult for scum to interact naturally, they simply won't interact at all, besides token or otherwise meaningless interactions.

However, make sure you keep your eyes open and look at individual scum tells. You can use scumteam tells (as I call them) to help guide your search, but you should only really lynch on individual ones.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2011, 07:12:45 pm »

Sorry guys I wasn't able to play much during the second day.  :(

Thank you ICs for your help. I'll try another game later. Way later.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2011, 10:33:16 pm »

If you people aren't going to post, I'll force you to. We've still got scum to lynch.

Max White:Billybobfred and Backtobasesix were replaced by Mormota and PowderMiner. Might wanna fix that.

Flandre: You voted for Mormota and then proceeded to do nothing for three days. Got a reason?

Mormota and Powder Miner:You two have been voting for eachother since you joined in the beginning of day 2. Do you have any other suspects? If so, list them and your reasons for being suspicious for them. If not, are you just going to keep tunneling eachother all day?

IronyOwl: You've admitted to being lurky. Do you have any reasons for being lurky? Are you going to be more active now that Jim's dead?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2011, 10:39:12 pm »

Nothing of that description ever happened.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 03, 2011, 01:29:57 am »

IronyOwl: You've admitted to being lurky. Do you have any reasons for being lurky? Are you going to be more active now that Jim's dead?
Being busy. I'm going to have to be, since zero playing ICs isn't going to work very well.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2011, 02:56:12 am »

I'm starting to wonder if feeding the remaining players through the lurkertracker isn't harder than just rereading the thread from start to finish.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25