Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62879 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm quite uncertain what you meant by the question, that's why I avoided it. I do not actually know why he was not playing, I don't know him. At all. But I think I can see why you asked it. Perhaps you're wondering if he had a role, Orangebottle? Perhaps you are wondering if I'm the doctor, to give you, one of the mafia, a fine target?
Him being a doctor wouldn't explain why he wasn't posting. That'd be really shitty town play. If anything, a doctor should scumhunt harder to find out who he shouldn't be protecting.

The rest of the answer is sufficient.

Man, I wish Zombie would get in here and answer my question. Specifically:

Rereading a third time, I have a couple more questions.

unvote.
ed boy You seem to be asking a lot of questions, but don't seem to be following up on most of the questions you asked.
Your reasons for your vote on ed boy are very sparse. Elaborate, Zombie.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Man, I wish Zombie would get in here and answer my question. Specifically:
Rereading a third time, I have a couple more questions.
unvote.
ed boy You seem to be asking a lot of questions, but don't seem to be following up on most of the questions you asked.
Your reasons for your vote on ed boy are very sparse. Elaborate, Zombie.
You're wish is granted.

At the beginning, Ed boy random voted McArathos with a question. However, he never actually followed up on this vote or question and instead spent most of his time answering questions and defending himself. As I said earlier, he asked a lot of questions without seeming to care about the answers. Additionally, he withdrew his vote and never voted again which made him seem really hesitant to scumhunt.

Billybobfred: You still don't seem to be scumhunting, just answering questions. Why not?

Flandre: Why didn't you vote in Day 1?

Orangebottle: Same question ^

Mormota: How much experience do you have with mafia? Also, if you were a doctor, who would you protect now that you know the cop is gone?

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're wish is granted.

At the beginning, Ed boy random voted McArathos with a question. However, he never actually followed up on this vote or question and instead spent most of his time answering questions and defending himself. As I said earlier, he asked a lot of questions without seeming to care about the answers. Additionally, he withdrew his vote and never voted again which made him seem really hesitant to scumhunt.

I was looking more for specific evidence. Could you link me to one or two posts where you see this behavior?

Orangebottle: Same question ^

When I unvoted and reread the thread, I had found a few more questions to ask, and probably would've built a case against you, or someone else. A need for sleep ambushed me, and when I awoke I had a half an hour to build a case from nothing. I went to school without voting, totally forgetting that the Mafia day ended before the school day.

TL;DR: I was busy.

My Sig

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My participation for the latter half of D1 left much to be desired, besides the absence of a vote. There were things that needed doing even after I was finished at my job, and Mafia was not on that list. I was prevented from playing this evening up until recently due to a power outage, and now that I have electricity again, I will make an attempt at a worthwhile post.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

I'll... take the replace. Try to get back into mafia.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 7/7, 3/3 - Day 2 - Stains of blood
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2011, 11:46:58 pm »

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Powder Miner[2]: zombie urist, Jim Groovester
Mormota[0]:
zombie urist[0]:
Orangebottle[1]: Mormota
Jim Groovester[0]:
IronyOwl[0]:

Not voting: Flandre, Powder Miner, IronyOwl, Orangebottle

Powder Miner has replaced billybobfred!
IronyOwl has been prodded!
The day will end 4:00 pm, Tuesday the 30th, forum time. You need 3 votes to extend and 5 to shorten.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

You're wish is granted.
I was looking more for specific evidence. Could you link me to one or two posts where you see this behavior?
Here and here are some examples.

My participation for the latter half of D1 left much to be desired, besides the absence of a vote. There were things that needed doing even after I was finished at my job, and Mafia was not on that list. I was prevented from playing this evening up until recently due to a power outage, and now that I have electricity again, I will make an attempt at a worthwhile post.
I don't understand this part, especially the 'besides the absence of a vote'

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile

Why's Jim voting for himself?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2011, 12:01:31 am »

zombie urist:
I don't understand this part, especially the 'besides the absence of a vote'
Essentially, I was gone for a majority of the day. I do not enjoy that fact, but it is reason enough and more for not voting.

Mormota:
Hello Moroma, do you have any way to explain your predecessor's lurkiness?
I have no idea who you're talking to.

This is hands-down the worst I have ever seen written in a first post made by someone in a Mafia game. You know that this question was addressed to you, and even presenting a proper excuse later does not remove the fact that you pushed it away in the first place. You would have done better to ignore Orangebottle completely than to acknowledge him and subsequently shrug him off just like you did here.

Jim Groovester, you seem to be awfully intent on proving your point. Perhaps there is more to that than simple stuborness?

And then you pull this out of your hat. Even if you have not seen Jim's playstyle before now, I am not likely to stomach the fact that you assume aggressiveness is a scumtell. I am sure you would agree. And yet, that was the entire premise of your question--so what is left for me to think of it? Empty words, filler, a contrived argument?

I'm quite uncertain what you meant by the question, that's why I avoided it. I do not actually know why he was not playing, I don't know him. At all. But I think I can see why you asked it. Perhaps you're wondering if he had a role, Orangebottle? Perhaps you are wondering if I'm the doctor, to give you, one of the mafia, a fine target?

You can relate to the question and why it was asked, yet suspect Orangebottle of role-fishing for doing so, Mormota?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Prod received. Will try to do useful things soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2011, 03:56:02 am »

You can relate to the question and why it was asked, yet suspect Orangebottle of role-fishing for doing so, Mormota?

Isn't it the job of a townie to try finding the mafia? I was asked a question which I could obviously not answer, and surely Orangebottle knew it. How would I know backtobasesix's reason for staying away from the thread? Role-fishing seemed the only plausible explanation at the time.

Quote from: Jim Groovester
What's your reason for thinking Orangebottle was rolefishing by asking you that question?

I don't know what it is but I have a feeling it makes no sense. You're reading too much into things; generally you should be taking what people say at face value, examining what they say, and then making judgments about whether or not you believe it.

Don't look at people and assign them completely invented motives, like what you're doing here now.

So you tell me you're not one to investigate since you're agressive, yet condemn me for picking the target most sensible at the time and attacking him? I'm not certain you make sense for me.

At any rate, Unvote, it may have been a rash decision, even if pushing now could force Orangebottle to make a mistake, I don't have much to base my attacks on.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2011, 08:24:47 am »

Powder Miner, Mormota, when I replace into a game the first thing I do is to reread the thread from day one, so I have all the same information everyone else has. You should do this.

Mormota, my question was basically,"HEY, ARE YOU SCUM?" but it sounds less stupid.

Powder Miner, have you played Mafia prior to this game? What are your thoughts on the first lynch?

My Sig

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2011, 10:40:48 am »

Orangebottle, I read the thread before I even considered posting. Also, I've playd a few games of Mafia here, but the second Beginner's Mafia of mine was a fiasco for me due to inactivity due to a vacation I was taking, and I kind of left the Mafia subforum due to shame.

Anyway, Mormota, That post there starts my first suspicion as of being on this thread. The first thing you do when responding to Jim Groovester is saying that he said you shouldn't scumhunt if you're being aggressive. What? If anything, that's the exact opposite of what he said. That's not what makes me suspicious though, as it could have been simple confusion. What makes me suspicious is that you say your target was the most sensible one to pick, and then once you even get questioned a little bit on your pick, you withdraw sheepishly and say it may have been "rash". Then you don't ask anyone else anything. That's passive. Always, always, always, ALWAYS be scumhunting. It's scummy to be passive! And you cover up not pushing with the excuse that "Oh, it might not get him to slip, and you know, well, I'm not going to do anything because you know, I don't have much to base anything on." It's Day 2, you should have stuff to base it off of if you read the thread, and if you don't it's still OK to RV at Day 2, don't just sit there and be passive! Ask questions! Scumhunt!

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2011, 10:51:47 am »

Stuff about me.

I think you misunderstood me there. I said that Jim said he's not one to condemn since he's aggressive, obviously townie, but when I do the same and aggressively attack someone, he suddenly fails to understand that same concept of being aggressive. That is what I find strange.

As to abandoning Orangebottle's persecution? It seemed to cause a rather huge upheaval from most everyone, including an IC. Why am I not scumhunting? I currently see no opening.

At Orangebottle: Let me say it again: I have read the thread, before being invited to join, actually.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25