Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62805 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 4/7, 3/3 - Day 3 - Vengeful
« Reply #315 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:35 pm »

Jim. Look at that and tell me he is not scummy when he is outright contradicting himself from post to post.
Jim isn't supposed to be scumhunting anymore. He's dead.
At least, I think that's how ICs work.
That's probably right.

Quote from: Orangebottle
I'm not even going to go further because you just contradicted yourself in your second line. (Not in reading, I read it all, duh.)
Nah, that's my job. Because it's me versus him.

In fact I did not see the post. Just because omehting pertans to me doesn't automatically mean I see it.
If you didn't see the post, how could you possibly have responded to my comment about your awful grammar? You're backpedaling, scum.
Huh? You made several grammar comments, in several different posts. You're backpedaling here. Besides, the problem here is not grammar but typing. Get it right.
Yes, I did say he was tunneling there. However, he WAS tunneling me for at least some of the time (and I was referring to him tunneling a few of my recent posts there), and let me put it this way, you can't have a tunnel fight with less than two people.
I never said either of you weren't tunneling eachother. In fact, I called both of you out on it at the start of the day.
Good. Then that's taken care of.

Also, the reason you uncluded that point is becuse you're scrabbling for ridiculous reasons to get the town in LyLo tomorrow. IN Beginner's Mafia, LyLo has been good for scum. LyLo is generally good for scum, in fact.
No. I am trying to get you lynched because I believe you're scum. Not all of my reasons are ridiculous; you just choose to dismiss them as such.

The burden of proof is on the attacker, not the victim. What i'm trying to say here is: if you want to claim something is ridiculous, invalid, or whathaveyou, prove it. Otherwise it's all just empty words.
I didn't say all of them were ridiculous. I pointed out a few which are either twisted beyond recognition (The vote/unvote I was illustrating my point with) or just plain not reason to lynch someone with (Grammar)

And I've disproved those points several times by now. Move on to new points. Your refusal to do so indicates that we're getting in another tunnelfight.

If you thought I was scum, you would be asking actual scumhunt questions, not making ridiculous crap up and trying to find the strangest possible meaning nto my posts just to get me lynched. If you were scumhunting, you would look for sensible questions. You're really just trying to get to LyLo.
Or I would be presenting my case and trying to get the town to lynch scum. Kinda like I am now.
That would be a valid point if your case wasn't "Ooh he got in a tunnel fight ooh he missed that post, ooh by illustrating  point he was somehow actually voting for me and using scare tactics, ooh he has bad grammar! Lynchlynchlynchlynchlynch!!!"

*sigh* There is a difference between scumhunting and trying to get someone lynched with ridiculous reasons. You still seem to not understand that. Also, I have already broken down that reason, and shown it's not a reason. My reasons for voting him weren't fake.
You know, getting you to tunnel me has provided a lot of material for all of us to analyze. It's much more effective than any random question. There's also a difference between calling something something it isn't and actually proving that it is.
Really, Orangebottle, I've answered all of your questions repeatedly, yet you haven't moved on to new ones. If any of us is tunneling here, Orangebottle, it's you. Trying that card won't get me to burst into tears and root for scum. I'm sorry.

YOu're trying to get town lynched to gt us to LyLo. If you really wanted yo lynch scum, you would be going for sensible, real scumhunting reasons. Making insane crap up really doesn't help town.
No. I'm trying to get scum lynched to get us victory.
You are? Then why are you using the ridiculous points such as A, grammar, B somehow misinterpreting me illustrating my point about OMGUS excuses to make it sound like scare tactics (Seriously, what the heck?), C calling me scummy without backing it up and saying that calling me scummy is a good point, and never moving on to new questions, tunneling me (and saying I'm tunneling you) instead of actual scumhunting? Answer me, scum.

You had been taking about how he clearly wasn;t ignoring me at all (he was, even if not the whole time, and note I never actually stated he was ignoring me all the time.
Actually, it's that you stated that he was ignoring you in general. With posts like "I'm sorry youre just ignorin me now". Then, today, you clarified it to "He was ignoring parts of my posts." To use that point in my argument, I have to prove that your argument against him was bullshit. And I did exactly that.
Why don't you analyze Mormota's posts then. If you're truly suspicious of me for that, you need to see that he was saying the exact same thing, more than I was, and question him too? Or are you just using this as leverage to get me lynched? ANd so you say you proved my argument was crap. You never did. You never showed how he wasn't tunneling me. Therefore you're lying, and your point is null.
1) Oh really? You're scummy then! This unbacked-up claim is the ultimate reason everyone should vote you ahahahah! Yeeeaaah, that's not the way it works Orangebottle.
2) Please explain to me how that is relevant. You're not even voting for anyone in there, and therefore it's not an example of reasoning.
3) This is pathetic. I think I'm understood now. Anyway, forcing the town into LyLo isn't good for town. Also, to get anywhere with hunting you need to actually pull up sensible reasons. Typing and posting prowess is not one of these, and it wouldn't be even if that was a problem right now. More scrabbling...
1) I was telling you that if you read my post you'd already know why I think you're scummy. Of course, you are incapable of reading between the lines, so you just posted that.
2)You claimed that I was saying that Mormota didn't tunnel you at all. I actually did the opposite of that, and called you both out on it at the same time.
3)The town won't be forced into LYLO if we lynch scum. Scum like yourself. And no, this point makes perfect sense. I explained my reasoning behind it and you're just like,"No, no, that's utterly ridiculous."
Why? You need to be able to type well no matter what role you are in this game because otherwise people will get tired of trying to translate your shit and lynch you, or at best ignore you.
1) I'd already countered your points. Of course, since you are incapable of doing anything but repeating the same crap over and over and over again, you just posted that.
2) Then why at this very moment are you claiming that my argument that Mormota was ignoring me is wrong? Tunneling=ignoring, by the way.
3) If we lynch town though, it's LyLo. And judging by your reasoning (the ridiculous stuff I exposed as such earlier), you're the scum- It'd be LyLo.

I made no false claims. It WAS an OMGUS because his supposed reason that my claims were false I had already disproved by then.
Proof. Give me proof. Don't just say "I disproved his reasons by then". Give me a link to a post where you trounced his reasoning, or hell, quote it here. Mind you, if the post doesn't say why his reasoning is false/disproved/whatever, it's not going to work. [/quote.] The problem is that I can't edit my post, and the Topic summary only goes so far.

I had included what he ignored in that post or the one after. And he haad ignored me some of the time. You're twisting my words to make it sound like I said he ignored me every single second. I did not. So if this makes me so suspicious, what do you thinf of the fact that Mormota did the exact same thing?
God, dude, don't just insert your crap in the middle of a bunch of quoted text.
I missed it. This is not blatant ignoring. However if you're going to blatantly ignore me talking about how I did not see it, really that's scummy.
My point is, how could you possibly not see it when it's right next to the statement you actually responded to?!
Already said above.
More proof of your scrabbling. How do you disguise that as a "scare tactic" If I wanted to vote you, I would have voted, and there's no way in heck someone can take illustrating a point like that for a threat. It's not a quick unvote. It was an unvote in the same post, in other words, I never actually cat my vote at you. (I did later, but that's a different case.) You're scrabbling for ridiculous reasons, and this here is the cream of the insane crop.
It's a scare tactic because you threatened me with a vote to get me to back off. And yes, it is a threat.  You could easily have just said "What if I voted for you right after you'd done it to me, for little reason? Would you consider that an OMGUS? I would." but no, you went for the red, intimidating text in an attempt to force me to back off. It failed.
Wow, you really don't understand do you? Clearly not. YOu're being remarkably thick-skulled right now, and I'll explain how, in big sentences so you can understand:
I was repeating what I thought Mormota was doing by exaggerating. If I wanted you to back off, I would not have unvoted. You have to be being reaaallllly ignorant to think I WAS threatening you, especially considering what I wrote after I did it.

I attacked Mormota first. I'm not "only suspicious of people who attack me" Try again.
Yes you are. You aren't suspicious of IronyOwl or Flandre, and neither of them have attacked you. You weren't suspicious of Zombie Urist or Jim Groovester yesterday, and neither of them attacked you. Let's face it: the only reason you're after me right now is because I attacked you first. Mormota and I have both received your vote, and both of us have launched full-scale attacks on you.
I would really appreciate it if you understood Mormota attacked me because I attacked him. You attacked me, an that would be fine, but you're acting very scummily in the process of doing so. I'm not suspicious of IronyOwl and Flandre because they've been lurky, but with RL reasons, so I have no matrial to go on with them.
More scrabbling. Just because I hadn't been able to post well (and knowing how to quote now, it's changed), in no way makes me scum, and now that my pots are legible, this point fails even harder.
No. It makes you hard to read and annoying in general. [sarcasm]And yes. Your pots are very legible. Well done.[/sarcasm]
[sarcasm] Oh man I typoed a word. I suppose I'll get instalynched now that I mistyped a word. [/sarcasm]

And now I think I've pulled your reasons for voting me apart. But considering your only worry right now is scrabbling for all of the bullcrap reasons you can come up and getting the town into LyLo, YOu probably won't even try scumhunting (for real, ridiculous crap that makes no sense doesn't count), and undoubtedly you won't let logic get in your way.
Nope, I'm still up and punching. Also: I've done way more scumhunting than you have. Don't even try to deny it.
I will  deny it. I won't back off, sorry. Because you see, making up the ridiculous reasons I pulled apart earlier in this post and refusing to move on to new ones does not count as scumhunting. You're up and punching, but you're not scumhunting, and as I said, you won't let logic get in your way.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 05, 2011, 06:47:55 pm »

Spoiler: WoT (click to show/hide)

Anyway. That was fun. But this wall of text isn't helping anybody. The rest of the town is generally ignoring it and is unconvinced.
Not quite ready to drop my vote on you just yet.
But go on, I want to see what you can do.
Give me your best case against me, but not in a huge WoT. Just a couple of paragraphs. Basically: do what IronyOwl asked you to a little while ago.

Flandre:What happened to you being back?

Mormota:
IronyOwl, what is MMMFFF?
Why did you ask this question?
I personally find this question rather nonsensical. Powder Miner is currently jumping from argument to argument and generally acting scummy.
Why did you answer this question? It wasn't even directed at you.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 05, 2011, 11:15:57 pm »

IronyOwl, what is MMMFFF?
An exasperated sound. Sorry if it looks short enough to be an acronym.

Powder Miner:

I am having difficulty wading through your walls of text, but several things pop out to me (in addition to the fact that you should probably not be making walls of text):

If this wasn't in response to this, what post was it in response to?

Also, the reason you uncluded that point is becuse you're scrabbling for ridiculous reasons to get the town in LyLo tomorrow. IN Beginner's Mafia, LyLo has been good for scum. LyLo is generally good for scum, in fact.
This explanation is worthless, because it's explicitly stating the obvious ("scum wants to bring the game to lylo") with only a faint explanation for how that's relevant to anything. Sticking with "You're trying to get anyone lynched on anything you can" is more concise, and thus more relevant, easier to read, etc.

1) I'd already countered your points. Of course, since you are incapable of doing anything but repeating the same crap over and over and over again, you just posted that.
LINKS. ACTUAL POINTS. EXPLANATIONS. You've been doing this vague accusation bullshit all game and it does nothing. Show- as concisely as you can- that it's actually true, don't just handwave it off and move on.

Proof. Give me proof. Don't just say "I disproved his reasons by then". Give me a link to a post where you trounced his reasoning, or hell, quote it here. Mind you, if the post doesn't say why his reasoning is false/disproved/whatever, it's not going to work.
The problem is that I can't edit my post, and the Topic summary only goes so far.
Open a new tab, find the post you want, quote button, copy+paste into your actual reply, back button to continue quote hunting.

Also, why would this prevent you from just copy+pasting the actual text and mentioning roughly where it is? And why didn't you ask how to do this when it became apparent that everyone else (or the ICs, at least) were throwing around ancient quotes like candy?

I personally find this question rather nonsensical. Powder Miner is currently jumping from argument to argument and generally acting scummy. Please, and I'm being serious now, tell me how I am currently scummy?
You're pulling much of the same stuff as Powder, notably the "I already destroyed these points that I'm not going to link!" attitude.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2011, 12:56:19 am »

PFP:  I can not quote, so.   I asked that question because I thought it was an acronym. Also, I did not really answer that question, I just pointed how I found it nonsensical and a tad suspicious.     Flandre: I respectfully disagree. I responded to a number of his points, and so did Orangebottle. Perhaps I should have done it there though.    Jim: He posts huge WoTs with no substance. That is a scumtell I think. More later.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2011, 01:06:48 am »

Jim: He posts huge WoTs with no substance. That is a scumtell I think. More later.

You've obviously never played with some of the members on this board.

The tendency to post huge walls 'o text with no substance is a personal trait, not a scum one.

This is not the concise proof that Powder Miner is scum that I was looking for.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:08 am »

One question before I'd go ahead and do that, how long should I go back?
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 06, 2011, 02:03:25 pm »

Who cares. I don't.

Just do it clearly and concisely and convincingly.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 06, 2011, 04:15:14 pm »

Night 3 – That sinking feeling
Tonight's theme song:Panic! At the disco – Let's kill tonight

There was little choice left for the ever shrinking crew. With one monster left on the loose, they would need to take another life, and pray that they had the chance to live to regret it. They had become accustom to the small of blood, and the sight of death.

“You!” declared Mormota, pointing a finger at Powder Miner, “I know your behind this! You monster!”

He ran and tackled Powder miner to the floor, as Orangebottle and IronyOwl decided the best way to deal with the situation.

“Alcohol”, said Flandre, holding up a large beaker of clear liquid, “I don't know what he is, but I want no trace of him left!”

She doused Powder miner in the liquid, and pulled a packet of matches from her pocket.

“No, why are you doing this?” screamed Powder miner, trying hopelessly to free himself from Mormota

“Because you started it” replyied Flandre, as she lit the match and threw it at him.

Powder Miner screamed in agony as he burnt, before collapsing, and passing out. The remaining crew inspected he's body, and found nothing unusual. It appears he was human after all. A sombre mood befell the crew, as they went back to their nightly hiding places to sleep, perhaps forever.

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Mormota[0]:
Powder Miner[3]:  Orangebottle,  Mormota, IronyOwl
Orangebottle[1]:  Powder Miner
IronyOwl[0]:

Not voting: Flandre

Powder Miner (Townie) has been lynched!

The night will end 4:00 pm, Wednesday the 7th, forum time.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 3/7, 3/3 - Day 4 - One last hope
« Reply #323 on: September 07, 2011, 04:27:20 pm »

Day 4 – One last Hope
Today's theme song: Dr. Steel – Are we having fun yet?

The small number of crew members awoke to a sudden, powerful crash against the side of the sub. The submarine was knocked out of place, and began to slowly slide down the side of the trench, only to be assisted by another strong blow, sending it away from the wall of the trench into the deeper abyss below.
In panic, the crew grabbed onto what ever they could reach, as the sub plummeted, before suddenly crashing on it's side into the narrowing walls once more. Although none were critically injured, all had been bruised and shaken from their sleep. It seemed that the sub would never move from this dark, horrid spot.
Mormota made his way towards the wall above him, hoping to inspect their new surroundings from one of the port holes. What he saw would give nightmares to the most sane of grown men. A creature many stories high stood above them, with long arched wings on it's back swaying in the oceanic tide, and tentacles reaching towards him where it's face should be. This colossus moved towards them, shaking the sea floor as it stepped. With a single swipe of it's massive talons, it ripped a large gash into the side of the sub.
The life support system on the sub suddenly kicked in, and began isolating the ruptured hull from the rest of the sub. Flandre rushed away from a wall of water, just in time to make it to another compartment before large iron doors sealed themselves shut, ensuring a watery death for anybody left inside. She made her way to find the others.
By the time she arrived in the radio room,  Mormota and  Orangebottle had already found the corpse of IronyOwl. He lay slumped over the radio controls, torn and scratched from he's attacker last night. It appeared that IronyOwl had lost the fight when he's face had been forced into the broken radio, into contact with broken live wires, and had been electrocuted.
With another crew member killed, the sub beyond hope of repair, and a monstrosity of the deep about to devour them, their stood only one thing left to do. They must continue to do what they had done for so many days. They must find the one among them who had killed their crew, and end their life, if only as retribution to all those who have already died.

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Mormota[0]:
Orangebottle[0]:

Not voting: Flandre, Orangebottle,  Mormota

IronyOwl (Townie) has been night killed!

Toaster (Cthulhu) has awoken!

The day will end 4:00 pm, Monday the 12th, forum time.

Lylo does not mean lie low!
Welcome to 'lylo', short for lynch or loose. Today is going to be your last day in this game, because what ever party gets lynched today will lose. That means today, above all else, you need to be active and you need to have your game face on. Read over the thread, push who ever stands out, and pray that you survive.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 07, 2011, 05:33:42 pm »

Max:Hah. That was clever.

Flandre: Where the hell are you? How many times are you going to say "Sorry, I was away because I was busy/power went out" before asking for a replacement?

Mormota:Why were you answering questions not meant for you in the first place? Are you going to reread the thread for evidence, or are you just going to use yesterday?
My Sig

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2011, 07:06:17 pm »

It's lynch or lose. This means the town has to lynch scum or else the town loses.

At this point, you should look over the thread carefully at the remaining two players, and dig up whatever you can find and ask it about them. Once you think you've sufficiently gone over the evidence, make your decision, and try to convince people that your target is the right choice.

You'll need to choose carefully because this is the last chance you have.

Good luck.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2011, 07:57:36 pm »

It's almost lunchtime!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2011, 11:19:00 pm »

Spoiler: Mormota (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flandre (click to show/hide)

So, along with my previous questions, I add:

Mormota:
1)Why were you so incredibly focused on getting Powder Miner lynched that you were missing questions left and right?
2)Why were you answering questions that weren't obvious, or even for you to answer?
3)Where's that Powder Miner case? [joke]Or did Toaster tell you to not post it? It is his #1 scumtell, after all.[/joke]

Flandre:
1)Why didn't you ask for a replacement back in day three?
2)Why didn't you do anything at all on day three?
My Sig

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2011, 12:18:47 am »

PFP: I did not post my case because I was waiting for Jim to answer. I will go through the rest of your questions when I get home, along with posting my own.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2011, 10:56:46 am »

You also deliberately ignore your opponent's wall of text just because he contradicted himself in the first line.

I did not ignore his wall of text. He was, given our limited knowledge at the time, acting scummily, ignoring questions and very often outright contradicting himself, as we have both pointed out over the previous day. As you have pointed out, Jim told us to stop. I obviously did not feel like that to be a correct decision, simply because of how Powder Miner was acting, and I myself was getting tired of all that, so I pointed out one thing, and just one. Not that he responded to it.

During aforementioned tunnel war, most of your questions sound like they come from a conspiracy theorist. They accuse people of doing things they aren't actually doing, like accusing me of rolefishing when I asked you if you had any particular reason for your predecessor's lurking.

Not true. That was before Powder Miner even appeared. I personally disagree with using the word "accuse", but that is obviously subjective.

Mormota:
1)Why were you so incredibly focused on getting Powder Miner lynched that you were missing questions left and right?
2)Why were you answering questions that weren't obvious, or even for you to answer?
3)Where's that Powder Miner case? [joke]Or did Toaster tell you to not post it? It is his #1 scumtell, after all.[/joke]

1, There is no connection between the two. I was focused on Powder Miner, because every single guide I read, plus the ICs, told me to be agressive and focus on one person. I was not "missing questions left and right" either, but you'd have to define that for it become something we can argue about.

2, I did not answer IronyOwl's question, I just pointed out how I felt it to be nonsensical and slightly ignorant of all the reasons we have both brought up at the time, making IronyOwl slightly suspicious.

3, I can post it if you really want me to, but it's rather pointless. Explanation in my above post.

Mormota:Why were you answering questions not meant for you in the first place? Are you going to reread the thread for evidence, or are you just going to use yesterday?

First question already answered, and obviously I will reread the thread. I find this question pointless.

Orangebottle: I do not have anything concrete upon you, but there is something about you as a whole that I, while being unable to place a finger on, find suspicious.

I'd have to ask the same questions you did from Flandre, which would be rather pointless.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25