Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXVI - Scum Win!  (Read 62906 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 7/7, 3/3 - Day 2 - Stains of blood
« Reply #240 on: August 29, 2011, 03:25:16 pm »

Stuff

And how does all that prove that he's scum?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 29, 2011, 03:25:58 pm »

Mormota: *ahem*

It is scummy that you are caught up in defending your OMGUS, even to the exclusion of everyone else and disrespect towards an IC. How can I remove my vote if I remain unconvinced?

Urist:
So you're saying you didn't vote because you didn't play for most of day 1?
I am.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 29, 2011, 04:07:39 pm »

He's scum because he cracked to my quesitoning, and then OMGUSed me and has been throwing out completely false answers to me, and repeatedly ignoring my answers to his answers. It's quite scummy. And really, just the fact that he cracked so much is now the majority of my suspicion.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2011, 07:55:05 pm »

Then why didn't you just say that to begin with?

Not that I agree with you, but at least you condensed it down to something useful to anybody who isn't involved in the argument.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 29, 2011, 08:00:14 pm »

Votecount

Flandre[0]:
Powder Miner[2]: zombie urist, Mormota
Mormota[2]: Flandre, Powder Miner
zombie urist[2]: Jim Groovester, Orangebottle
Orangebottle[0]:
Jim Groovester[0]:
IronyOwl[0]:

Not voting: IronyOwl

The day will end 4:00 pm, Tuesday the 30th, forum time. You need 3 votes to extend and 5 to shorten. That's about 8 hours time.

Darvi has vengekilled TolyK! Now get out of the game!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 30, 2011, 04:37:59 am »

Miscalculated the time before, the day ends in 12 hours!
Reminder: If there is a tie, nobody will be lynched.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2011, 05:05:31 am »

You have such a delightful manner for a noob claiming to want to learn how to play.

I did not wish to insult you, I'm sorry if I did.

Let me recollect everything then, from my point of view which may provide a better explanation. Physchology exists for a reason, you know.

Listening to the lesson in several how to guides, I picked the person I could have a grasp on: Orangebottle. This lead to an IC telling me not to do that, because I was doing it wrongly. So I cut back on it, since he's an IC and you all tend to react rather badly to me not agreeing with an IC. (Understandably so.) Now, your main suspicion of me, Powder Miner, is that I followed an IC's advice and stopped?

You are saying that I stated I have no suspicions, which you find scummy because you immediately did. That is wrong. I did have suspicions, but an IC came in and told me I should not be doing it the way I am. Perhaps you did not fully read what happened before you joined, since your main claim on me, which you voiced again as your main claim, is that I do not have suspicions and immediately backed out when I was questioned.

You only forget that an IC told me to stop doing what I was, someone who you're ought to listen to. After that, pretty much nothing happened which could have given me a new lead other than people questioning me.

Please also do tell me, why didn't you FoS Flandre before? He did not have suspicions either, and wasn't very active. He did provide a reason for it, yes, but so did I. What's your reason for leaving him alone? Please elaborate on the questions I asked you, instead of saying "YOU OMGUSED ME!". Thank you.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 30, 2011, 05:12:16 am »

Mormota: *ahem*

Excuse me for missing that, if I indeed have missed it.

Quote from: Flandre
At the time? You make it sound like you have considered other possibilities since. I am aware that the intention of Orangebottle's question was to ruffle your feathers, Mormota, but wouldn't it be more logical to just berate him for asking an unanswerable question than to bring up roles? Also, if you were so uncertain about what was asked of you, how was it obvious that no right answer existed?

At the time because since then, an IC told me I was doing it wrong. I could think of two possible explanations for his question: Either he was role-fishing, or he was asking a pointless question to perhaps gauge my reaction. At first, I discarded the second option since surely there are better ways to learn about someone than asking him pointless questions.

Yes, I was uncertain what he asked me, but he would obviously dispute the role-fishing claim, which left me with the second option, and to that, it is obvious that I could not know the answer. I did not think of a third reason, but later on Orangebotle did provide one: That he could be townie and looking for scum, which would explain the lurkiness of backtobasesix.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2011, 05:16:49 am »

Bloody hell, I'm awfully sorry for posting this often. I'm so used to editing. >.<

Powder Miner, if you were to look back on my last post at page 13, and the top of page 14, you would remember that I did not immediately vote you. I was responding to zombie urist, and I put the FoS on you because I was asked to determine who I would protect. After having thought it through again, you were the only one who could have been, or rather was suspicious, and I had to rule out nearly everyone to be left with one or two people to decide between.

Again, I'm sorry for the triple-posts, I'll try to make less of these in the future.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXVI 5/7, 3/3 - Day 2 - Stains of blood
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2011, 09:48:50 am »

Mormota, first of all, if backtobasesix was townie lookgn for scum, he wouln't be lurking, and personally I suspect he had forgot about the game. This doesn't rrally apply to you though, being his replacement. And also, I don't really care aboutthe FoS, I was justing using it to further pressure you. Anyway... you never actually asked me any questions besides "Maybe you're telling yourself to be aggressive, did you forget?" Which was ridiculous and "Maybe you're scum?" Which, well, I'm not.
Then you just started going on about how I was ignoring you...

The triple post is okay, I've done it a few times myself.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2011, 03:32:59 pm »

*Sigh*
Day has been modextended for 12 hours, because I don't think it would be productive for a beginners game day to end with a tie, and one or two of you have PMed me explaining why you can't be very active at the present, so I'll be nice.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2011, 04:01:27 pm »

There is a three-way tie. Do we really want the day to end with a no-lynch? Extend.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 30, 2011, 04:13:36 pm »

Extend I need more than 12 hours.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 30, 2011, 05:37:02 pm »

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 30, 2011, 07:00:41 pm »

Extend.

IronyOwl, tiebreaker time.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25