Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 209668 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.
« Reply #2010 on: October 27, 2012, 02:03:11 am »

Merysta cocked her head to the side, getting sidetracked immediately from her goal by the appearance of someone different from the rest. "You're an Elf?" she said, coming closer to examine his face and figure out what was unusual about it. "If Elves have a God, do dragons have a God?" she asked him. Maybe a dragon God could tell her what was going on with this Thing! Dragons were basically the best of all the sentient creatures, so clearly any God of their would be superior to all others.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: October 27, 2012, 02:07:36 am »

"We're not sure if dragons have a god, we've never heard of one. Just like we've never heard of one for humans."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: October 27, 2012, 02:21:01 am »

"Huh." Merysta sat and thought about that, her next sentence coming slowly before going back to its normal breakneck pace. "Maybe... it's... because... humans are all so different? I mean, that priest is old and brown and that one's young and pale and that one's all soft looking and that one over there is round like a ball and that one's huge for a human... and dragons are like that too! Some are gold and some are red and some are black and some have many horns and some only have one like me and some are big and fat and some are really skinny and slithery." Merysta seemed proud of this assessment, completely unaware of the fact she was being a racist by assuming all Elves were exactly the same. In her defense, she'd only ever seen one Elf, though. She smiled - as well as a dragon can, anyway - at the Elf. "Thanks for talking to me, Elf, priests!" she said, leaving and heading off to find the temple on the upper level.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: October 27, 2012, 05:45:51 am »

Are they mad at me?
Maybe not...But then I really wanted to see the lands...

Approach possible confrontation.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: October 29, 2012, 08:34:04 pm »

Good news: Turns out I could play the EU3 game. Anyway,

"Huh." Merysta sat and thought about that, her next sentence coming slowly before going back to its normal breakneck pace. "Maybe... it's... because... humans are all so different? I mean, that priest is old and brown and that one's young and pale and that one's all soft looking and that one over there is round like a ball and that one's huge for a human... and dragons are like that too! Some are gold and some are red and some are black and some have many horns and some only have one like me and some are big and fat and some are really skinny and slithery." Merysta seemed proud of this assessment, completely unaware of the fact she was being a racist by assuming all Elves were exactly the same. In her defense, she'd only ever seen one Elf, though. She smiled - as well as a dragon can, anyway - at the Elf. "Thanks for talking to me, Elf, priests!" she said, leaving and heading off to find the temple on the upper level.
You head off to find the other temple one level up.

It doesn't take much effort to find it, considering the general shape is very similar. There are differences, but nothing striking. Well, besides the repeated symbols that the previous temple used that are now a different type of symbol, but otherwise it's very similar.

There's... also a subtle, non-material difference that you can't quite put your claw on.

Are they mad at me?
Maybe not...But then I really wanted to see the lands...

Approach possible confrontation.
You head towards your parents, slightly worried.

When you enter the main entrance of the cave, you see your father and your mother towering over you. They do not seem pleased.

"Noraiah, we have to talk about you... heading off while we were sleeping." Your father says, in a displeased tone.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: October 29, 2012, 10:03:07 pm »

Merysta did the obvious childish thing. "Helllloooo~! Is Olden there?" she called out as she entered, looking around for any priests or similar.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: October 29, 2012, 10:37:30 pm »

Noraiah swallowed as her focus drifted from Father, to Mother. She lowered her head and let out a low tone, descending in pitch which stated how sorry she was, but remained silent and looked to the floor.

This was a bad bad idea.

Prepare for sermon.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: October 30, 2012, 11:02:39 pm »

You know, I think I'm going to do myself and everyone else a favor and shut this down. I mean, really. I have no interest for this left. This is becoming like a chore to me instead of a hobby... I just don't feel it.

And indeed, I can tell or I at least feel a large amount or all of the players have/are lost/losing all interest in this.

Besides, this RTD was never supposed a major attempt by me. It was supposed to be a sort of side-project. But instead, it turned out to be a main project.

Sorry for anyone who still has interest. But... eh. You could make your own dragon RTD if you're still interested. I could even give you a copy of all my stuff. Chances are you would handle this many times better than I could now

As to what I'll do now? Not completely sure. Current ideas in order of 'most to least likely' are: Angels, Demons, and Human vs horrors; Westlands #2; and a combat sci-fi RTD. But that can always change, especially now that I'm freeing myself completely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: October 30, 2012, 11:18:52 pm »

:'(

Request Epilogue?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: October 30, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

But more than half the players are children. I have no idea what would happen to them in the future.

And even then, I've lost track of what most of the players have done, so I would have to go back and research what they did...

...I suppose could do some if people really want me to and could give me general hints as to what their character would try to do in the future, but I will only do it for those who request it. And only within the next 3 days.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: October 31, 2012, 01:44:35 am »

I had big plans!

Mostly it comes down to...

1. Get the stupid Scale to the Temple of Grandar (The Endless Quest. Honestly, it never ended)
2. Get Tarrans Temple installed somewhere scenic
3. Turn Tarrans Temple into my Dragon Den
4. Get Healing Breath and generally be a do-gooder Dragon, healing and helping people while protecting the shrine. And asking for donations. Lots of donations. Become a Paladragon.
5. Shack it up with a succession of Humans. Watch them age and die. Get depressed about my own mortality. Find Sercons Dragon and become Dragonbros (or Dragonhoes)
6. Engage in an Epic Holy War against some Grand Evil being. Win.
7. Start looking for the secret to immortality because I am ultimately the vainest creature in existence
8. Obtain Immortality. Probably become a Lich or something.
9. Kill one of the Gods and take his/her place
10. Fly out of the game and eat Tiruin (hypothetical)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: October 31, 2012, 01:59:18 am »

@10: Owwie D:

But more than half the players are children. I have no idea what would happen to them in the future.

And even then, I've lost track of what most of the players have done, so I would have to go back and research what they did...
I wanted to be a dragon judge. :P Or at least make some kind of bridge between dragonkind and the human race - because the world is falling apart and all.

And probably continue our bloodline with...anyone interested. Because offspring.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: October 31, 2012, 02:17:24 am »

And thus, the last of the dragon RTDs have finally passed into history.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: October 31, 2012, 02:28:08 am »

1. Get the stupid Scale to the Temple of Grandar (The Endless Quest. Honestly, it never ended)
2. Get Tarrans Temple installed somewhere scenic
3. Turn Tarrans Temple into my Dragon Den
4. Get Healing Breath and generally be a do-gooder Dragon, healing and helping people while protecting the shrine. And asking for donations. Lots of donations. Become a Paladragon.
5. Shack it up with a succession of Humans. Watch them age and die. Get depressed about my own mortality. Find Sercons Dragon and become Dragonbros (or Dragonhoes)
6. Engage in an Epic Holy War against some Grand Evil being. Win.
7. Start looking for the secret to immortality because I am ultimately the vainest creature in existence
8. Obtain Immortality. Probably become a Lich or something.
9. Kill one of the Gods and take his/her place
10. Fly out of the game and eat Tiruin (hypothetical)
[5]: You manage to sneak into the temple and finally deliver the scale, like a boss.
[3]: You try to get Tarran's temple installed somewhere scenic. Tarran asks you where you want to put it. Your idea of scenic is a hilltop overlooking the lake. You forget to tell him where on the hill to put the temple. The result is the temple being on the wrong side of the hill. Oh well.
[6]: You quickly get to work decorating the temple to your liking. Unfortunately, as a result it becomes a little too scary for the humans and they never visit the temple. Aww.
[2]: You ask Tarran for healing breath. He says no. You try to help people. They say they don't need your help. You ask for donations. You don't get donations. Man, you suck at being a Paladragon.
[3]: You watch humans age and die from your temple. You fail to get depressed. You look for Serious' dragon. You search for her for weeks but never find her.
[6]: You systematically destroy half the evil beings in the entire world. As a result, you end up cursed by pretty much every evil god out there, including the Forbidden gods. Oh well, at least you're one of the greatest heroes in existence.
[3]: You look for immortality. You don't find immortality.
[3]: You fail to become immortal because you cannot find anything to make you immortal.
[5]: You go and 'kill' Tarran, and take his place. You then find out that it's impossible to kill a multi-dimensional being, but Tarran lets you keep your place anyway because you beat him up so hard. Of course, he curses your soul to oblivion but what do you care, you're the god of gods of this dimension.
[2]: You growl at Tiruin threateningly. He does not even notice you. You fail to fly out of the game. Damn, you can't win everything apparently.

I wanted to be a dragon judge. :P Or at least make some kind of bridge between dragonkind and the human race - because the world is falling apart and all.

And probably continue our bloodline with...anyone interested. Because offspring.
[3]: You attempt to be a dragon judge. You fail to be a dragon judge, after several attempts. Turns out, humans don't exactly trust dragons. Not very surprising. Oh well, at least you're a local sheriff.
[3]: You attempt to make babies. You make one baby with a random passer by. Your child eventually leaves you unceremoniously, leaving you alone for the rest of your life. Wow, life sucks.

((Seriously, what's with all the threes?))

And thus, the last of the dragon RTDs have finally passed into history.
Yup. It lasted 14 months, 135 pages, and 57 turns. Not too upset about that, really.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: November 03, 2012, 11:56:55 am »

Do what mom says to do, because she is mom.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136