Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211335 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 55: Traveling to Places, Money, Aging, and... Bugs.
« Reply #1935 on: September 13, 2012, 05:06:33 pm »

Ka wasn't exactly much of a forager, one of the problems of growing up as a god. He wasn't quite hungry yet, but he was tired from his flight, and just about anything besides bugs would go down pretty well right now. He had a plan too. Stand regally in the largest clearing he found, wait until something saw him and got stuck dead by his majesty and beauty, then eat that something.

If that doesn't work in the first twenty minutes then just keep up a slow walk south, nab a bite to eat if anything good presents itself, but don't indulge in sweaty/exhausting/boorish chase.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1936 on: September 14, 2012, 03:33:18 pm »

Kin flew closer to the city. Surly they wouldn't have a problem with a dragon around. "Lets see if there is something I can do here."

First thing of the list, Kin tried to see if he could find something to eat. Someone were bound to have work for a dragon and with work comes pay. That would lead to food without stealing.

Your avatar implies mud and/or swamp so... Isrand?

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: September 14, 2012, 03:58:39 pm »

Your avatar implies mud and/or swamp so... Isrand?
MY GOD YOU'RE THE FIRST PERSON TO REPLY TO THAT.

Shame on everyone else. You guys clearly aren't reading everything if you're missing the top of my post.

Anyway, no it's not mud. It's just plain dirt, if a bit wet. It's not Isrand.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: September 14, 2012, 04:50:26 pm »

(No, I read it. I just didn't feel like guessing. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: September 15, 2012, 03:38:03 pm »

Cevitil shrugs, and starts makings his way to the Aldian District.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: September 16, 2012, 11:21:17 pm »

((I am going to need to know if I am in a deep woods type area and if I now have access to my breath ability. Very important for the next, next turn.))
Uapair cant help but stare at the Eagle, noting how large it was. He was frightened and wanted to cry for his mother, but, he knew that, because she was back in the lair, she would not be able to hear him anyway. He was effectively on his own and he only had himself to blame.
He tried to think of what he could do to save himself as he slowly backed away. Subconsciously he remembered about the food that his mother told him about while in the egg. The squipin. Uapair started to crouch as he backed up, and lifted his sharp tail over his back, trying to imitate a creature he had never seen.
You back up slowly, trying to imitate a scorpion.

The eagle does not react to your imitation, but it does react to your backing up by slowly following you, screaming and batting it's wings.

negotiate
Anthramarux chuckled a bit-which probably sounded a bit terrifying in Dragonese.

"Oh, I've angered three! Tarran asked me to retrieve this magic scale for Grandar at his temple in Albreac, and when I refused the three Evil Gods offers to give it to them, they now hunt me with what forces they have. I don't consider myself a Hero or anything, but I do derive a righteous satisfaction from denying them such

Also, I will not stay long here, anyway-I have decided moving to the city should be done under guise-which requires travelling on foot for some way, to avoid detection...I have also figured that mortal patience is easy to exploit. I could wait years, if I had too. They will begin to waver in a week. Eternal vigilance is quite impossible, if you're not a Dragon.

Are you interested in the nature my quest? It seems every God I meet wants a stake in the matter."

((No, you've only angered two, remember? The God of Chaos is actually on your side))

"No, I am not interested. I was just wondering why it felt like something evil is barreling down on this single forest.

Anyway, it sounds like you have everything figured out. Is there anything else you want to talk about?"

Ka wasn't exactly much of a forager, one of the problems of growing up as a god. He wasn't quite hungry yet, but he was tired from his flight, and just about anything besides bugs would go down pretty well right now. He had a plan too. Stand regally in the largest clearing he found, wait until something saw him and got stuck dead by his majesty and beauty, then eat that something.

If that doesn't work in the first twenty minutes then just keep up a slow walk south, nab a bite to eat if anything good presents itself, but don't indulge in sweaty/exhausting/boorish chase.

((If you want to move a tile south, tell me next time))

You choose to stand regally, and let your food come to you.

...You don't meet much progress in that department, after standing around for a third of an hour. So, disappointed, you decide to walk south.

To your dismay, nothing presents itself for you to eat. [2] And you have no luck in finding anything around either.

...Looks like you're going to be flying around hungry.

Kin flew closer to the city. Surly they wouldn't have a problem with a dragon around. "Lets see if there is something I can do here."

First thing of the list, Kin tried to see if he could find something to eat. Someone were bound to have work for a dragon and with work comes pay. That would lead to food without stealing.
You fly towards the city, but as you get closer someone asks you to stop flying, so you walk into the city.

You look for someone who needs help for a little bit. [4] You manage to find a few possible jobs of message transferring, and a few ones of the standing around guarding variety.

Cevitil shrugs, and starts makings his way to the Aldian District.
((If you wanted to search, you should tell me))

You travel to the Aldian district. The buildings are made out of stone, and bear large amounts of moss. Some bear newer stone or wood in various places.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: September 16, 2012, 11:32:31 pm »

((I know, and why would I want everyone to know the God of Chaos is on my side? :P))

"Well, that's not good to hear. I must be off, then. I would ask one thing of you, if it is possible-can you in some way make sure the child does not tell anyone of my presence here-at least not right away, I will be gone soon. Though I may return to see how he grows, in fact-so I would not have him forget me entirely and permanently.

To the point-it would invite retaliation upon him and his family, I think-they may try to ascertain my location from them. It would be bad for me, of course."

Action: No matter the outcome of the conversation, I go back to the city in human form and try to get my ride to Albreac.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: September 18, 2012, 07:17:23 am »

Stop. Dont move an inch. pull all the muscles in my tail back and wait for it to come any closer. If it does, and its head is in striking range, hit it between the eyes.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: September 18, 2012, 08:54:48 am »

Eridor looks at the coin for a little bit... it's impressively shiny. After getting bored, he stores it by the nest, and goes off to explore the cave.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: September 20, 2012, 04:32:13 am »

"Well, that's not good to hear. I must be off, then. I would ask one thing of you, if it is possible-can you in some way make sure the child does not tell anyone of my presence here-at least not right away, I will be gone soon. Though I may return to see how he grows, in fact-so I would not have him forget me entirely and permanently.

To the point-it would invite retaliation upon him and his family, I think-they may try to ascertain my location from them. It would be bad for me, of course."

Action: No matter the outcome of the conversation, I go back to the city in human form and try to get my ride to Albreac.
((Where did I imply that you should tell people? I just said that you've only actually angered two gods, that's all.

Also, you weren't in a city, you were in a village. The only city on the island is Albreac))

"It's no worth trying to make the boy forget or not tell. If you haven't noticed it already, we gods can sense the presence of those we wish unless covered by another god. Whoever you've angered would know you've left here before they could get it out of the boy."

Darn. You say goodbyes and run back to the village, and ask John if you can go with him. [Cha:2+1]: He tells you that you can get on his horse only to Yaevil, no more. You just barely avoided him refusing.

You ride with John to Yaevil. The ride is uneventful and you quickly find your ride. You ask the coach driver if you can ride; "Yeah, we got two more seats, if you're willing to pay. The price for one is 3 silvers." he says.

Eridor looks at the coin for a little bit... it's impressively shiny. After getting bored, he stores it by the nest, and goes off to explore the cave.
[5][5][6]: You search the cave for stuff. After an uneventful journey, you come across a dark passage leading downward a long distance. You hear crackling and see flashes of white blue light down the passage. The passage is only slightly larger than you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: September 20, 2012, 07:09:33 pm »

Bid Dostricht a curt farewell, go find a mercenary. Inquire about his job.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: September 20, 2012, 07:17:23 pm »

You ride with John to Yaevil. The ride is uneventful and you quickly find your ride. You ask the coach driver if you can ride; "Yeah, we got two more seats, if you're willing to pay. The price for one is 3 silvers." he says.

Anthramarux nodded.

"I'll take it, good sir."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: September 20, 2012, 08:04:31 pm »

After yawning, Jaydenhal put the book away. 'Where's Dad? Maybe he knows a bit about magic?'  Jaydenhal decided to to seek his father out, and ask him about magic.

Go find Dad, and ask him if he knows some things about magic.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1948 on: September 21, 2012, 02:13:26 pm »

"Oh! Rallying messages sounds like fun. But guard duty sounds great too! I can't decide." Kin started to flick his tail left and right as he weighted the works against each other. On one hand he could explore more of the city - maybe even the world, but on the other hand he could meet all kinds of new people, exciting and dangerous ones. "Besides," he thought, "I haven't really roared much lately."

Finally he decided to do guarding. "This could be so much fun! Now then, where do I begin?"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: September 21, 2012, 02:45:34 pm »

Explore further! (By which I mean go down the passageway I found)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:59:01 am by Nicholas1024 »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 136