Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211321 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 54: Waiting, Late Ideas, Scouting, Licking Blood.
« Reply #1920 on: September 03, 2012, 08:48:41 am »

((I apologize. School recently started and it, well, makes one pretty busy/forgetful.))

Cevitil thinks for a minute or two, before responding to the novice mage.

"Well, do you know of any mage or wizard that would be more fit for teaching me water magic?"
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: September 03, 2012, 12:46:17 pm »

((my need to play with stuff was so looked over.))
No, I simply put it with the other actions going into next turn.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: September 04, 2012, 07:07:16 am »

((my need to play with stuff was so looked over.))
No, I simply put it with the other actions going into next turn.
((Ah, ok. Thank you for not being like the others.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1923 on: September 04, 2012, 02:32:03 pm »

Kin prepared to take of for Palos, hoping that being slightly peckish wouldn't affect his alility to fly.

Thanking Jamas, Kin took to the air and flew towards Palos. Maybe he could find something interesting there or better yet, someone who needed a dragon.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: September 05, 2012, 03:46:04 pm »

I has cake. I has birthday. YOU HAS TURN! That's how birthdays work, rite? You give to others?

:P

More seriously, don't worry, I celebrated my birthday two days ago. Anyway, this might be the last miniturn before the real turn.

Anathrmarux cast a single eye on the figure.

"Want? I want and need a great many things, but I doubt there is a point discussing them-I have nothing to pay you with, and no one does anything for free. Nor would I beg a boon unless in great need.

I was merely guarding the young manling, here-and I needed to see you for myself, and make sure you were what you claimed to be. A fair visage can hide a black heart, especially to a child. I will make sure he gets home safe-it's merely the right thing to do."
Anthramarux replied calmly.
"I have rarely heard that from a dragon before, helping a human child without asking for anything." She smiles. "But you need not protect the child, I will protect him: These are my forests, and this child is son to one of my favorite followers."

"Tell me, dear... What is your name?"

Cevitil thinks for a minute or two, before responding to the novice mage.

"Well, do you know of any mage or wizard that would be more fit for teaching me water magic?"
"Check out our guild in the Aldian district. There should be someone who can teach you."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: September 05, 2012, 04:27:27 pm »

(Hey, happy birthday dude. Even if you did celebrate it two days ago. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: September 06, 2012, 03:21:00 am »

(Hey, happy birthday dude. Even if you did celebrate it two days ago. ^^^)
((Happy Birthday Tarran! Sorry for being late to it!  :P))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: September 06, 2012, 08:17:38 am »

"I am far from common, that is true!

My name is Anthramarux."
She replied in an Imperious tone.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: September 09, 2012, 10:12:35 am »

Jaydenhal closed the book, but not before folding one of the corners to keep his place in it.  'Wow', thought Jaydenhal, 'If I learned magic, I could do so many things!' Yup, that did it for him, he was now dead-set on someday become a magic user. 

Jaydenhal looked at the other magic books, and decided that he could read the other ones at some other time, but why couldn't he bring one with him?  He grabbed Deadly Problems with Magic (He'd want to know the risks of them, wouldn't he?), and put the other books away.  After finding a hiding spot for the book, next to where he slept, he decided to take a short nap. but not before reading a little bit of DPwM.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 55: Traveling to Places, Money, Aging, and... Bugs.
« Reply #1929 on: September 12, 2012, 03:46:27 am »

Guess it's time for a turn. I think I should start putting more emphasis on the main turn rather than the miniturns... Whatever, don't worry, I'll figure something out. Eventually. Trust me, I'm a professional (really!).

Also, my new avatar is related to this game's universe. Everyone gets one guess as to which nation they belong to.

Head to the nearest lake for a refreshing bath before heading home!

Father said big places...

Noraiah scanned the area to only be dismayed to not find anything resembling those blue humans. If there were any fighters, it would be those who were getting the 'crops', those diligent killers, them.

Perhaps...going home would be a better idea. These humans seemed friendly!
You take off south to the nearest lake. Wow, it's a lot further away than you thought it was.

You eventually land on the shores, then you clean your already mostly clean scales with possibly dirty lake water.

Find a safe-looking little corner reasonably close to the entrance and sleep.
You find a corner next to the entrance and sleep...

[5]: You awake on that day and find both your mother and father over you. They take you back in, and you live the rest of your babyhood normally, with your parents. You learn much, and change much (See: TUUUUUURN FIVE!). You become a child.

Today, on your *insert arbitrary number here*th birthday, your parents give you a grayish white coin! It's heavier than silver coins. You wonder what it is.

Your parents say it's Platinum, and worth one hundred gold coins. Bam, you're now rich. Whether you're rich on money your parents stole or earned, you do not know.

+1 Platinum Coin.

Continue to fly and regard on as well as I can, but fly conservatively. If I get a little tired, land. If I get hungry, land. If I encounter difficulty in the air, land. If anything does not go smoothy, land.

If/when I'm forced to land, keep an eye out for small living things to munch. Avoid humans whenever possible, avoid large critters, hell, avoid anything that I can't beat easily.

You continue to fly on. Eventually, you get pretty tired and look for somewhere to land. You land in the forest.

[3]: You look for something to eat. All you find are small birds and... bugs. Dear lord, NOT THE BE-BUGS!

Anyway, you doubt you could fly for a while since you're so tired.

+1 Agility.
Tired: Cannot fly for 3 turns.

What does a dragon do when they find shinies?
Time to ply with the oddly shaped ones of the bunch. And if any look like the shape of my tail, play with them longer.
You attempt to ply the oddly shaped ones. Having nothing to ply them on, you instead choose to play with them.

You play with them for what seems like hours, looking for some the shape of your tail. Unsurprisingly, you don't find any the shape of your tail. Oh well.

[1]: ...Time seems to pass fast as you age. Eventually, you age into a child. And change greatly ((see turn 5 lololol)).

Of course, that may not be a perfectly good thing. One day, curiosity gets the better of you, and you wander off outside without your mother's watching eye.

And then you manage to stumble upon the nest of a Giant Eagle on the side of a cliff. Not only that, but you manage to step near the giant eagle's eggs without noticing. The eagle sees you... not good.

Merysta thought for a few moments, listening to the words in her mind. She liked the sound and feel of 'south.' "Let's try south!" she said, turning that way.
((Suggestions: If you want your character to search afterwards, or you want to go somewhere specific, please specify it. In addition, please don't just leave off at stuff like 'turning' if you're going to use that style, that does not tell me whether you're just turning or turning and taking off and could lead to confusion))

Feeling the word 'south' sounds nicer, you take off south.

You fly a moderate distance before pausing. A city lies in the distance, and you can no longer tell where your cave is. Beneath you is a thick forest, covering rolling hills. Mother is following you closely. Well, at least as close as she can follow while flying without smacking or pushing you out of the air.

Kin prepared to take of for Palos, hoping that being slightly peckish wouldn't affect his alility to fly.

Thanking Jamas, Kin took to the air and flew towards Palos. Maybe he could find something interesting there or better yet, someone who needed a dragon.
((If you want to go somewhere, please say fly to the place, not just towards))

You take off and fly to Palos, still hungry.

After a long flight, you arrive at a city hugging the coast. The city is largely made out of wood, with the walls being one of the few stone structures in the city. Around the city lies massive amounts of farms and orchards, with towns every couple of farms. Past the farms lies rolling plains.

To the side of the city, further down the coast and back up the coast, lies a thick forest and... your favorite, SWAMPS!

"I am far from common, that is true!

My name is Anthramarux."
She replied in an Imperious tone.
"Nice to meet you, Anthramarux. I am Ona. What brings you out here to my woods? ...Why does it feel like you've angered another god?"

Jaydenhal closed the book, but not before folding one of the corners to keep his place in it.  'Wow', thought Jaydenhal, 'If I learned magic, I could do so many things!' Yup, that did it for him, he was now dead-set on someday become a magic user. 

Jaydenhal looked at the other magic books, and decided that he could read the other ones at some other time, but why couldn't he bring one with him?  He grabbed Deadly Problems with Magic (He'd want to know the risks of them, wouldn't he?), and put the other books away.  After finding a hiding spot for the book, next to where he slept, he decided to take a short nap. but not before reading a little bit of DPwM.
You put the other books away and store Deadly Problems with Magic somewhere secret next to where you sleep. You decide to take a short nap, after skimming over a little bit of Deadly Problems with Magic. Wow, there are some mighty nasty-sounding words and casualty counts in there.

You wake up. The book is still in your paws.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024: Eridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zomara0292: Uapair (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: September 12, 2012, 04:03:03 am »

Merysta checked to see if her mother really was still following her - for security purposes, not because she wanted to evade her or something stupid like that - and continued flying to the city. Once there, she'd make inquiries about where she might find some mages, and if they'd be willing to talk to her, etc.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: September 12, 2012, 07:47:37 am »

((I am going to need to know if I am in a deep woods type area and if I now have access to my breath ability. Very important for the next, next turn.))
Uapair cant help but stare at the Eagle, noting how large it was. He was frightened and wanted to cry for his mother, but, he knew that, because she was back in the lair, she would not be able to hear him anyway. He was effectively on his own and he only had himself to blame.
He tried to think of what he could do to save himself as he slowly backed away. Subconsciously he remembered about the food that his mother told him about while in the egg. The squipin. Uapair started to crouch as he backed up, and lifted his sharp tail over his back, trying to imitate a creature he had never seen.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: September 12, 2012, 08:52:34 am »

Anthramarux chuckled a bit-which probably sounded a bit terrifying in Dragonese.

"Oh, I've angered three! Tarran asked me to retrieve this magic scale for Grandar at his temple in Albreac, and when I refused the three Evil Gods offers to give it to them, they now hunt me with what forces they have. I don't consider myself a Hero or anything, but I do derive a righteous satisfaction from denying them such

Also, I will not stay long here, anyway-I have decided moving to the city should be done under guise-which requires travelling on foot for some way, to avoid detection...I have also figured that mortal patience is easy to exploit. I could wait years, if I had too. They will begin to waver in a week. Eternal vigilance is quite impossible, if you're not a Dragon.

Are you interested in the nature my quest? It seems every God I meet wants a stake in the matter."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: September 12, 2012, 10:03:27 am »

Noraiah checked her reflection in the water as she swam jovially through the wet expanse of wetness. It was pretty much fun being able to go places and try new things by yourself! There were no other humanoids though, so she felt lonely...

And then the thought of flying once more came to her.

Practice flight! Fly back home if possible!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: September 12, 2012, 02:46:05 pm »

((I am going to need to know if I am in a deep woods type area and if I now have access to my breath ability. Very important for the next, next turn.))
You're not in a deep wood: The mountain range you live in is rocky. And you're near a cliff.

Regardless, there are a couple trees. But not much.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 136