Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211312 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 54: Waiting, Late Ideas, Scouting, Licking Blood.
« Reply #1905 on: August 29, 2012, 02:45:03 am »

Anthramarux looked at the child closely.

"Well, your mother was just keeping you safe the only way she knew how. After all, some Dragons really would eat you, probably for fun...one must be careful who they make the acquaintance of. Lucky for you, I am fairly benevolent, as my kind goes-otherwise you'd be warming my belly already..."

Anthrmarux's stomach growled at that moment, a bit untimely. Oh dear. She sat back on her haunches with a whomp, spreading her palm out, studying and flexing her longest claw daintily.

"Just be careful approaching things like me, man-child. Your Mother makes a good point, if a bit...uneducated.

...remember, like Humans, Dragons can be different from each other. Some are bad, and some are good. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes, but it's good not to make assumptions, while still being careful. But you are obviously an open minded young man, or you daren't have approached me, I deem.

Hmm. Honestly, I doubt you'll absorb any of this, but one can hope.

Anyway-what's your name? Why are you wandering out here, alone, man-child?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: August 29, 2012, 03:46:55 am »

"Where can we find one?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: August 29, 2012, 05:14:53 am »

Anthramarux looked at the child closely.

"Well, your mother was just keeping you safe the only way she knew how. After all, some Dragons really would eat you, probably for fun...one must be careful who they make the acquaintance of. Lucky for you, I am fairly benevolent, as my kind goes-otherwise you'd be warming my belly already..."

Anthrmarux's stomach growled at that moment, a bit untimely. Oh dear. She sat back on her haunches with a whomp, spreading her palm out, studying and flexing her longest claw daintily.

"Just be careful approaching things like me, man-child. Your Mother makes a good point, if a bit...uneducated.

...remember, like Humans, Dragons can be different from each other. Some are bad, and some are good. It's hard to tell the difference sometimes, but it's good not to make assumptions, while still being careful. But you are obviously an open minded young man, or you daren't have approached me, I deem.

Hmm. Honestly, I doubt you'll absorb any of this, but one can hope.

Anyway-what's your name? Why are you wandering out here, alone, man-child?"

The child listens intently until you finish. [Int:4+2] The look on his face shows that he did not fully understand what you said, but he understood the general meaning at the very least, surprisingly. Anyway, he then smiles and shouts out: "My name is Sroni! I'm heading for the 'Altar' in the forest to talk with Ona! Father says she's a nice person, and she let me pet a wolf! I talk with her every day."

[Int:1+2]: Something about the combination of an Altar and petting a wolf seems a little off, but you don't suspect anything at the current moment.

Sroni continues swinging his arms cheerfully. Any fear in him is mostly gone now.

"Where can we find one?"
"They live with normal humans. And normal humans live pretty much everywhere around here, so you could find one in any direction. Though it would be much easier to find them in one of the two cities south and east of here."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 29, 2012, 06:41:17 am »

"Can I go look for one?" Merysta asked, looking up and putting on her best 'last puppy in the shop' expression.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 29, 2012, 09:55:42 am »

Anthramarux wondered. She  vaguely recalled 'Ona' was some sort of Goddess. Was this another test? Or maybe...

Well, her curiosity would never be sated unless she found out for sure. Something in the back of her mind (akin to common sense) was nagging her to stop getting distracted and get on with her mission, but she ignored it. As she usually did.

"Well, how about you and I go see 'Ona' together? I am intrigued.

In any case, I can't exactly let you wander the forest alone, Child-Sroni."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 30, 2012, 08:40:00 am »

What does a dragon do when they find shinies?
Time to ply with the oddly shaped ones of the bunch. And if any look like the shape of my tail, play with them longer.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:06 am »

Kin sighed. He really thought he had it this time. Oh well, he could surely find something else to do. Like continuing his journey to a city that would welcome a dragon.

Kin asked Jamas in which direction the closest city were from this one with Iberia excluded.
((Ah crap, I forgot to reply to this earlier))

You ask Jamas where the closest city is. He says the nearest one is Palos to the northeast, another city of Isrand.

"Can I go look for one?" Merysta asked, looking up and putting on her best 'last puppy in the shop' expression.
Mother looks at you, conflicted. She sighs.

"Yes, but I will have to come with you."

Anthramarux wondered. She  vaguely recalled 'Ona' was some sort of Goddess. Was this another test? Or maybe...

Well, her curiosity would never be sated unless she found out for sure. Something in the back of her mind (akin to common sense) was nagging her to stop getting distracted and get on with her mission, but she ignored it. As she usually did.

"Well, how about you and I go see 'Ona' together? I am intrigued.

In any case, I can't exactly let you wander the forest alone, Child-Sroni."

"Sure!" He shouts, before running off deeper into the forest. You follow him.

You come upon a clearing in the forest. A large mossy rock lies on the ground under beams of sunlight.

"Onaaaaa~!" The child sings, as he runs on top of the rock.

"Hello, child. I see you've brought a friend." You hear as a human woman appears out of nowhere in a flash. She kneels down to the boy then looks at you.

"What do you want, dear dragon?"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:52:13 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 03, 2012, 01:45:53 am »

((Yeah, sorry. Wasn't entirely sure how to handle this.))

Raikonai faltered for a moment, then resolutely met the human's stare.

"That sounds suspiciously like an oblique threat, Dostricht. Perhaps there's more to your talent than merely protecting others after all?" he asked pointedly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 03, 2012, 02:07:11 am »

"OK! Let's go Mom!" Merysta said happily, taking the Thing in her talons and making her way outside with the occasional look back over her shoulder for Gwairen. She pulled up short when she realized she'd never really left the cave before and had no idea of much of the outside world. "Um... which way do we go?" she asked, looking around as cutely as she could manage.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 03, 2012, 02:19:49 am »

Raikonai faltered for a moment, then resolutely met the human's stare.

"That sounds suspiciously like an oblique threat, Dostricht. Perhaps there's more to your talent than merely protecting others after all?" he asked pointedly.
He stares at you blankly, unamused. He says nothing.

That didn't work. Either he didn't get your point, or your point didn't bring anything up that wasn't already up.

((It's the latter, he already said that he doesn't purely protect the good in his threat))

"OK! Let's go Mom!" Merysta said happily, taking the Thing in her talons and making her way outside with the occasional look back over her shoulder for Gwairen. She pulled up short when she realized she'd never really left the cave before and had no idea of much of the outside world. "Um... which way do we go?" she asked, looking around as cutely as she could manage.
"The humans populate a large area around here. We can go any direction, and we may find some humans. And like I said, there's a large concentration of humans in their cities east and south of here too." Mother points in two directions. "It's your choice."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 03, 2012, 02:31:21 am »

Merysta thought for a few moments, listening to the words in her mind. She liked the sound and feel of 'south.' "Let's try south!" she said, turning that way.

(I was going to have her turn west for lulz but then I re-read the action and realized Gwairen blatantly pointed out south and east, so that was right out. :P)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 03, 2012, 02:40:48 am »

(I was going to have her turn west for lulz but then I re-read the action and realized Gwairen blatantly pointed out south and east, so that was right out. :P)
Why? She said that they're pretty much every direction so any direction is an option. She merely pointed to the cities to show you where east and south were.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 03, 2012, 02:58:39 am »

(I meant more in a 'she's a young ditz and gets things wrong in a cute manner' rather than head west in a serious manner.)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:08 am »

((my need to play with stuff was so looked over.))
What does a dragon do when they find shinies?
Time to play with the oddly shaped ones of the bunch. And if any look like the shape of my tail, play with them longer.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 03, 2012, 08:03:15 am »

Anathrmarux cast a single eye on the figure.

"Want? I want and need a great many things, but I doubt there is a point discussing them-I have nothing to pay you with, and no one does anything for free. Nor would I beg a boon unless in great need.

I was merely guarding the young manling, here-and I needed to see you for myself, and make sure you were what you claimed to be. A fair visage can hide a black heart, especially to a child. I will make sure he gets home safe-it's merely the right thing to do."
Anthramarux replied calmly.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 136