Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211289 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 53: Aging, Thing, Marble, Traveling, and Reading.
« Reply #1875 on: August 19, 2012, 07:49:08 pm »

"Pfah, that's ridiculous! You're telling me you use your abilities purely to stop things from being eaten? Why would you waste such opportunities like that?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: August 19, 2012, 08:24:37 pm »

"Yes, I use my abilities to save my good fellow humans--and sometimes dragons--from being killed. I didn't expect you to understand why, as I can tell your heart is black and selfish."

"And I never said I purely protect the good... The evil also have met my blade outside of protection of the good..." His eyes narrow even further as he looks you in the eyes. His stare is uncomfortable to meet.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1877 on: August 20, 2012, 04:39:16 pm »

"Have you ever thought of selling the marble to other cities? You could make a fortune out of it." Kin grins widely over the thought. "I could even help transporting it as a guard."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 20, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »

Heltia, a vague destination, but that was probably good as Ka never really paid much attention when his priests spoke, or, more accurately, intoned, of the outside world. Ka knew basically what direction Heltia was in, but he didn't think he could find any of its significant landmarks.

Leave, maybe pause to get something to eat from one of my followers, but mainly focus on the leaving thing. Fly high, and put my own personal safety far, FAR above scouting a safe path for my followers, but, time and lack of danger permitting, do invest some energy into finding them a decent path.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 21, 2012, 07:40:19 am »

((Two things. One, sorry for disappearing for so long, I have been busy. Two, sorry for using my meta senses.))

'Well, the red stuff must be food.' Upair thought to himself. It was getting harder and harder for him to ignore the growing pain in his stomach, and he was still unsure of what the green thing itself was. In the end, splitting the difference seemed the best that he could think of and he Slowly licked all the red goop off the corpse. It was bitter and slightly aged to him, not at all appealing, but he ate it non-the-less, until the creature was cleaned. After, Upair looked back at the other green creature happily, and nudged some of the actual body of his meal towards his mother.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:03:36 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 21, 2012, 07:43:12 am »

Action: Feeling rejected, Anthramarux spends the night in dragon-form, sleeping hidden on the town outskirts.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 21, 2012, 08:52:37 am »

((Eeeep, didn't see that update!))

Strange humans...none of them look like the blue human I saw...And they keep on looking at me like I was a piece of meat!

I just hope they don't get angry...I can't speak to them, can I? No...Hmm...Mother said something once about-...

Search for a temple nearby, hoping that any guard or townsfolk won't get rowdy enough to try to bag me.

Noraiah noticed that the humans lived a simplistic lifestyle -- using their claws and their legs in tenderizing the green meat for consumption later on, even using what Father called 'tools' to help. She wondered why they didn't just use their teeth...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 21, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »

Slowly licked all the red goop off the corpse. It was bitter and slightly aged to him, not at all appealing, but he ate in non-the-less, until the creature was cleaned. After the growling of his belly stopped...
...Huh? Is that you eating flesh or licking blood?

Because if it's the former, you can't just lick flesh off of a corpse. If you could, the corpse is obviously WAY too old to be eaten, if you get what I mean.

And if it's the latter, just blood will not feed you.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 23, 2012, 11:05:15 am »

Slowly licked all the red goop off the corpse. It was bitter and slightly aged to him, not at all appealing, but he ate in non-the-less, until the creature was cleaned. After the growling of his belly stopped...
...Huh? Is that you eating flesh or licking blood?

Because if it's the former, you can't just lick flesh off of a corpse. If you could, the corpse is obviously WAY too old to be eaten, if you get what I mean.

And if it's the latter, just blood will not feed you.
Lick only the blood. And here I thought I would get away with it. Oh well.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 54: Waiting, Late Ideas, Scouting, Licking Blood.
« Reply #1884 on: August 24, 2012, 12:46:45 am »

I'll be gone for somewhere from two to four days tomorrow. No miniturns for that duration. If you want a result before I go, better post your action soon.

Well, that was disappointing. Maybe her mother would know more. She sighed and settled down, keeping the Thing firmly in her grasp and electing to wait for her mom. Mom knew everything.
You sit down and wait for mother, sighing quietly.

Mother eventually returns, a couple hours later.

"Have you ever thought of selling the marble to other cities? You could make a fortune out of it." Kin grins widely over the thought. "I could even help transporting it as a guard."
The foreman looks unimpressed.

"We already do sell the marble to other cities and villages. We have been for dozens of years, since this mine started."

You frown slightly. Well, looks like that's not a new idea by any stretch of the imagination.

"As for being a guard, I don't think anybody would really try to steal marble. And besides, there's plenty of guards anyways."

...Darn.

Heltia, a vague destination, but that was probably good as Ka never really paid much attention when his priests spoke, or, more accurately, intoned, of the outside world. Ka knew basically what direction Heltia was in, but he didn't think he could find any of its significant landmarks.

Leave, maybe pause to get something to eat from one of my followers, but mainly focus on the leaving thing. Fly high, and put my own personal safety far, FAR above scouting a safe path for my followers, but, time and lack of danger permitting, do invest some energy into finding them a decent path.

You leave the temple to you--man it's bright outside--and start flying--something you've barely practiced--to the east, looking for a path for your followers.

You fly high--something very difficult for you to attempt due to your young age and little experience flying at all--yet at the same time attempt to find a decent path.

It's not that hard to find a decent path, the area is largely grasslands with a cluster of trees every little bit. The grasslands continue for quite a while. In fact, an okay path would be to just go straight east and through the thin tree clusters.

'Well, the red stuff must be food.' Upair thought to himself. It was getting harder and harder for him to ignore the growing pain in his stomach, and he was still unsure of what the green thing itself was. In the end, splitting the difference seemed the best that he could think of and he Slowly licked all the red goop off the corpse. It was bitter and slightly aged to him, not at all appealing, but he ate it non-the-less, until the creature was cleaned. After, Upair looked back at the other green creature happily, and nudged some of the actual body of his meal towards his mother.
You lick the red stuff off the corpse, and nudge the body towards the green thing. Still hungry.

The green thing pauses for a second, then nudges the corpse back to you a bit forcefully. It wants you to do something else to the corpse, not cleaning up the red stuff.

Action: Feeling rejected, Anthramarux spends the night in dragon-form, sleeping hidden on the town outskirts.
You frown, and walk into the forest, pulling off your ring and sleeping in dragon form for the night.

...The dawn rises and you wake up. There is a crunch of wood behind you.

Strange humans...none of them look like the blue human I saw...And they keep on looking at me like I was a piece of meat!

I just hope they don't get angry...I can't speak to them, can I? No...Hmm...Mother said something once about-...

Search for a temple nearby, hoping that any guard or townsfolk won't get rowdy enough to try to bag me.

Noraiah noticed that the humans lived a simplistic lifestyle -- using their claws and their legs in tenderizing the green meat for consumption later on, even using what Father called 'tools' to help. She wondered why they didn't just use their teeth...
You look around for a temple, walking near the center of the town.

Nobody interrupts you or talks to you. There don't appear to be any temples: This town must be too small. Altars? Maybe. Temples? Unlikely.

Quote from: Repulsion
REGENERATE
You regenerate 1 HP. VICTORY!

+1 HP

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024: Eridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zomara0292: Uapair (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 24, 2012, 02:13:32 am »

Head to the nearest lake for a refreshing bath before heading home!

Father said big places...

Noraiah scanned the area to only be dismayed to not find anything resembling those blue humans. If there were any fighters, it would be those who were getting the 'crops', those diligent killers, them.

Perhaps...going home would be a better idea. These humans seemed friendly!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:05 am »

The nearest lake in view is the large one to the south. That lake is quite farther away from home than the village, and depending on what I feel like when I get back, it could be up to a tile away, which is a turn's worth of traveling back to get there and to get back.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 24, 2012, 07:09:01 am »

The nearest lake in view is the large one to the south. That lake is quite farther away from home than the village, and depending on what I feel like when I get back, it could be up to a tile away, which is a turn's worth of traveling back to get there and to get back.
((XD

Oh, you Tarran. Well, let me fill in the blanks at my furthest responsibility.))

Noraiah's nose picked up a scent as she passed another well -- something not of excrement for once -- she swiftly moved past the group of croppers (for that must surely be the name of those fighters of the crop) and met a clear-cut line leading out of the village.

She snorted as her idea of the humans being simplistic turned partially sour. Who knew they dumped their...waste products in their own homes? Well, near their homes, on the empty patches of land that had no flora growing there. At least here, it was nothing but fresh air -- that of a good morning day complemented with the morning dew.

Meeting the grass along the road with her snout, it felt cold and wet. Were the grass crying for some reason? Was it because of her?

Nah. Obviously it was because of the Sun, right? Many things were left to ponder on as she made her way down the empty line. She wondered why none of the humans would talk to her? They didn't even have tails!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:44 am »

((XD

Oh, you Tarran. Well, let me fill in the blanks at my furthest responsibility.))
Ahah! I didn't notice that! ;D

Anyway, yes I'm back. And I'm shocked that only one person posted... Really guys?

Edit: I also forgot to ask you in that post like a dumbass: Even if it may take two turns, do you still want to go to the lake?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:20:35 am by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 26, 2012, 02:24:50 am »

Antharamarux isn't feeling quite well enough for another battle, so she calls out in a somewhat perturbed voice.

"Hello? I'm not quite in a good mood this morning, so it's best you just show yourself. All the same, I'd have preferred another hour of sleep..."

She wearily uncoiled her body, flexing her claws.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 136