Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211274 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 53: Aging, Thing, Marble, Traveling, and Reading.
« Reply #1860 on: August 15, 2012, 06:33:14 am »

Upair was confused at what he saw. The red stuff on was what peaked his curiosity. He sniffed at it intently, Trying to figure out what it was. What creature was it that he was taken to? He was ready to run just in case it moved, as he gently scratched it to see if it will stir.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: August 15, 2012, 06:50:11 am »

"Oh...alright. Goodnight Mother."

Noraiah moved back into the cave where she usually slept -- quite early as it was nearing dusk.

. . .

Later that evening

Friendly or not, I've to know more about these humans! Such strange things.

I wonder if I'll meet another dragon?

Noraiah popped her head up from behind a stalagmite to check if her parents were awake. Hoping they were not, she decided to go and visit the nearby village - as her father suggested and heeding her mother's advice.

She also tried to scratch something into the dirt outside the cave to tell them where she went. Perhaps a stick figure thing?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: August 15, 2012, 12:41:03 pm »

"Oh. I was looking to learn magic. And it seems that you, are, well..." Cevitil gestures to the fountain. "An appropriate person to go to."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: August 16, 2012, 02:33:18 pm »

Ah, army. Probably not coming to surrender themselves to his golden radiance either, although... Perhaps if Ka flew out to the army and showed them his pristine majesty, then they'd be willing to throw themselves down before him and worship him.
   Ka entertained that notion for a few minutes before he remembered what he'd been told about armies carrying vast profusions of pointy objects. It wasn't that he was a coward, it was just that he couldn't really bear the thought of violence or blood. Well, he couldn't bear the thought of his own blood or of having violence committed against him.
   Okay, maybe he was a bit of a coward.

"Ah... Where are we headed? I would be remiss in my, er, divine duties if I didn't fly on ahead and... scout the path for you."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: August 16, 2012, 02:52:40 pm »

Raikonai tilted his head at this creature. Was he really a manling? Perhaps he was older than the rest.

"Greetings, Manling. I am Raikonai. I take it you're some sort of warrior?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: August 17, 2012, 09:14:26 am »

'Hmm... If I were to want to use it, I'd have to be very careful...'

Immediately turn to the life page.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: August 19, 2012, 06:32:34 pm »

Last miniturn.

Edit: On second thought, likely-last.

Upair was confused at what he saw. The red stuff on was what peaked his curiosity. He sniffed at it intently, Trying to figure out what it was. What creature was it that he was taken to? He was ready to run just in case it moved, as he gently scratched it to see if it will stir.
You sniff the creature.

It smells... weird. It's a kind of smell that sets off something in your mind, but you have not smelled this smell before personally.

There's another smell, too. A bloody one. And it sets off something that's clear to your mind: Food. ...But is this really food?

You scratch the thing. It does not react at all. It doesn't even breathe.

The green thing continues to watch you intently.

"Oh...alright. Goodnight Mother."

Noraiah moved back into the cave where she usually slept -- quite early as it was nearing dusk.

. . .

Later that evening

Friendly or not, I've to know more about these humans! Such strange things.

I wonder if I'll meet another dragon?

Noraiah popped her head up from behind a stalagmite to check if her parents were awake. Hoping they were not, she decided to go and visit the nearby village - as her father suggested and heeding her mother's advice.

She also tried to scratch something into the dirt outside the cave to tell them where she went. Perhaps a stick figure thing?

You go back to sleep, waiting for the next morning.

...Under the light of the falling sun, you sneak out of your home, leaving a very crude drawing vaguely telling of where you're going.

You leave your cave for one of the nearest villages, to the south. It's a short trip, and you arrive quickly.

The village looks... rather okay. Nothing stands out as horrible. Nothing great, either, but the village is very calm.

Of course, the glaring glances of the people towards you ruins the calming effect. They seemingly try to ignore you as they go about laboring on cut plants--Their 'crops', you presume.

[Int:4]: You don't think they're very happy to see you.

"Oh. I was looking to learn magic. And it seems that you, are, well..." Cevitil gestures to the fountain. "An appropriate person to go to."
"Oh yes, I can teach you water magic, certainly. Though I'd suggest someone else because I'm barely out of my apprenticeship."

Ah, army. Probably not coming to surrender themselves to his golden radiance either, although... Perhaps if Ka flew out to the army and showed them his pristine majesty, then they'd be willing to throw themselves down before him and worship him.
   Ka entertained that notion for a few minutes before he remembered what he'd been told about armies carrying vast profusions of pointy objects. It wasn't that he was a coward, it was just that he couldn't really bear the thought of violence or blood. Well, he couldn't bear the thought of his own blood or of having violence committed against him.
   Okay, maybe he was a bit of a coward.

"Ah... Where are we headed? I would be remiss in my, er, divine duties if I didn't fly on ahead and... scout the path for you."
"We're heading east to Heltia. The Rihosians won't leave us alone unless we're well out of their way. Be careful while scouting, my lord." Your high priest bows.

Raikonai tilted his head at this creature. Was he really a manling? Perhaps he was older than the rest.

"Greetings, Manling. I am Raikonai. I take it you're some sort of warrior?"
You walk up to the man in heavy armor and greet him.

"'Manling'? That is seriously disrespectful, Dragonling." He says, in a slightly lecturing way. His accent is weird ((russian-like)), unlike anyone else's accent.

"Yes, I am a warrior. My name is Dostricht, I am the captain of guard of this city, and captain of 5th Western Alliance army. What do you want?" He queries.

'Hmm... If I were to want to use it, I'd have to be very careful...'

Immediately turn to the life page.
Spoiler: Life magic page (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:31:57 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: August 19, 2012, 07:08:05 pm »

Action: Try convince the man of my plight, and ask him for help. Or at least get him to talk to me in the morning.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: August 19, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »

Dostricht
((Oh shit.))

"I seek a method to wealth and power. Perhaps brute force is less than ideal for such a purpose, but I have little interest in magic and possess great strength. I was hoping you knew something about martial combat, and about using such for material gain."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: August 19, 2012, 07:22:41 pm »

(I'm going to assume Tarran just likes the name.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: August 19, 2012, 07:23:29 pm »

((Maybe, but he is Russian and clad in bizarre armor. I guess Tarran could just like those too? :P))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: August 19, 2012, 07:26:06 pm »

(He could just be a reference. Although if that's the case, avoid anyone named d'Aubrani at all costs, they will curse you with suck. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: August 19, 2012, 07:39:47 pm »

It's a reference. Why did I make it? 1: Wanted to reference to a game apparently a lot of people liked that I made purely for the lulz, and 2: Wanted to see if anyone remembered it that well.

Apparently, both of you both remember. I guess I make memorable names. Or memorable games.

Action: Try convince the man of my plight, and ask him for help. Or at least get him to talk to me in the morning.
You try to convince the man to help you.

He says that he's tired and you should talk to him tomorrow when he goes to work again. He then promptly rides away to his home near a creek.

Well, looks like you're either going to have to go alone or wait.

"I seek a method to wealth and power. Perhaps brute force is less than ideal for such a purpose, but I have little interest in magic and possess great strength. I was hoping you knew something about martial combat, and about using such for material gain."
His eyes narrow.

"Even if I could teach you something--which I can't, since you're a dragon and I'm a human--I would never tell you if you're using it for purely selfish money grabbing, or power grabbing reasons."

Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: August 19, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »

Raikonai snorted in disbelief.

"What other uses are there?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: August 19, 2012, 07:45:28 pm »

"Self defense and the protection of others." He says while his eyes narrow even further.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 136