Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211286 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 53: Aging, Thing, Marble, Traveling, and Reading.
« Reply #1845 on: August 10, 2012, 03:53:49 am »

Well, that was disappointing. Maybe her mother would know more. She sighed and settled down, keeping the Thing firmly in her grasp and electing to wait for her mom. Mom knew everything.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 10, 2012, 05:07:08 am »

((Oh oops, missed that I got a response on that.))

Search for the biggest and most imposing one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 10, 2012, 07:22:03 am »

"So I've been saved by one of their fighters? Wow!

"So that means the ones who must've gotten me were not fighters, right?

"Do you know where they house their fighters? I'd like to visit it and show it my thanks!"

Request

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 10, 2012, 09:01:01 am »

'Hmm... Let's see what's said about the elements that make up Polymorphing magic.'

Jaydenhal would skip to the Chaos page first.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 10, 2012, 09:51:56 am »

((gotcha))

Cevitil glances over the blue-robed man and decides to approach him.

Cevitil walks over to the man and coughs, before beginning to speak to him.

"You wouldn't happen to be magician at all, would you? A wizard? A mage?"
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1850 on: August 10, 2012, 03:08:33 pm »

Something struck Kin. Nothing large, just an idea the size of a pebble. But it was an idea and it stuck to him like a dragon to gold.

The inhabitants had told him that the marble wasn't worth much because the quarry were close by. Did it mean that if the quarry wasn't where it were or if the marble had been somewhere farther away from the quarry the worth of marble would rise? "Could I be on to something here?" Kin thought.

Kin went back to the quarry, and more importantly, back to the foreman. He had to confirm if the - "What was the name again? Have to ask about that too" - town had any exporting going on. Maybe Kin were about to revolutionize something here.

Man, one thing after another, now I'm an exporting dragon.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 10, 2012, 08:17:23 pm »

Ka stretched out over his own altar, it was still larger than he was, but that would change. He was shinier than it was, but that too would change when he was rich enough to plate it in gold and gems. He was content, calm and serene, at least as serene as he could manage with all the bloody racket that his cultists were making.
    Things were usually fairly quiet around here, some chanting, burning of incense, and, of course, the ritual "please breathe on my worthless shiny thing o great dragon" that happened once a month.
   Ka winced as a particularly loud clang of something being dropped reached his ears. His golden head lifted out of its stone cradle, sweeping left and right as he surveyed what he could see of his followers. Hmph.
   He was going to have to talk to someone about this, immediately. Well, immediately after his morning preen.

Summon one of my attendants, get them to make sure I'm beautiful and don't have anything stuck in my scales, then discretely summon my high priest. Confer with him about the events that are transpiring.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 11, 2012, 08:34:39 am »

((I have no idea of what to do. . . . . the most I can think of is giving it the exact same look my dog gives me when I pick her up.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 11, 2012, 09:02:25 am »

Action: Try to get the Horse-Mans Attention. Be charming? Tug on his cloak? I dunno
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 11, 2012, 12:39:02 pm »

((I have no idea of what to do. . . . . the most I can think of is giving it the exact same look my dog gives me when I pick her up.))
That's a legit action. Regardless of what you do, you're going to be moved somewhere the end of next action, so react however the heck you want.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 11, 2012, 03:50:23 pm »

Back to the cave. Or rather, wait in front of the cave until something happens.

(It seems to be that or "Yikes, it's dark in there".)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 11, 2012, 04:10:50 pm »

"Yikes, it's dark in there"
You know you can search, right? The reason you aren't getting anything from the cave is because you aren't looking for anything.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 11, 2012, 04:24:29 pm »

Alright then...

Search the cave for other eggs, as well as any broken stuff that might be a sign of where my egg came from.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 12, 2012, 07:03:56 am »

The sudden lift caught him at a surprise and, with no idea of what to do, he just stared back at the examining face with sorrowful and pleading eyes.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 15, 2012, 06:23:45 am »

Slow for a miniturn I know, but then again, to be fair to myself, it's an action from nearly everyone.

I'll see if I can't go faster next time.

Search for the biggest and most imposing one.
You look around for the biggest one around.

You find one, wearing gray dark metal that you've never seen before. He is really, really imposing in height and size compared to the others. He also seems to be giving the orders.

"So I've been saved by one of their fighters? Wow!

"So that means the ones who must've gotten me were not fighters, right?

"Do you know where they house their fighters? I'd like to visit it and show it my thanks!"

Request

"You shouldn't visit their fighters, Noraiah. They aren't very friendly towards dragons. And they're very dangerous." Your mother says seriously.

'Hmm... Let's see what's said about the elements that make up Polymorphing magic.'

Jaydenhal would skip to the Chaos page first.
Spoiler: Chaos magic page (click to show/hide)

Cevitil glances over the blue-robed man and decides to approach him.

Cevitil walks over to the man and coughs, before beginning to speak to him.

"You wouldn't happen to be magician at all, would you? A wizard? A mage?"

He shushes you, as he does weird things with his hand in front of the dried fountain. The faint sound of gurgling inside the fountain comes to your ears.

Suddenly, the fountain begins spraying black goo out of it for a second before fresh water begins spraying out. The man turns to you.

"Now, what did you-oh, a dragon? I don't see many of your kind around here. What did you want?"

Something struck Kin. Nothing large, just an idea the size of a pebble. But it was an idea and it stuck to him like a dragon to gold.

The inhabitants had told him that the marble wasn't worth much because the quarry were close by. Did it mean that if the quarry wasn't where it were or if the marble had been somewhere farther away from the quarry the worth of marble would rise? "Could I be on to something here?" Kin thought.

Kin went back to the quarry, and more importantly, back to the foreman. He had to confirm if the - "What was the name again? Have to ask about that too" - town had any exporting going on. Maybe Kin were about to revolutionize something here.
You fly back to the 'foreman' ((you never asked if he was)), and ask his name. He says that his name is Jamas Tyyne.

Ka stretched out over his own altar, it was still larger than he was, but that would change. He was shinier than it was, but that too would change when he was rich enough to plate it in gold and gems. He was content, calm and serene, at least as serene as he could manage with all the bloody racket that his cultists were making.
    Things were usually fairly quiet around here, some chanting, burning of incense, and, of course, the ritual "please breathe on my worthless shiny thing o great dragon" that happened once a month.
   Ka winced as a particularly loud clang of something being dropped reached his ears. His golden head lifted out of its stone cradle, sweeping left and right as he surveyed what he could see of his followers. Hmph.
   He was going to have to talk to someone about this, immediately. Well, immediately after his morning preen.

Summon one of my attendants, get them to make sure I'm beautiful and don't have anything stuck in my scales, then discretely summon my high priest. Confer with him about the events that are transpiring.

You summon one of your attendants. He reminds you that your scales not only are too small to get stuff stuck in them, but that you've barely moved since yesterday. He says you're clean, anyway.

You then summon your high priest, and ask him what is going on. He says that a detachment of the Rihosian army is coming to break up the cult, and they need to move before they get here. They say that they have seven hours before the army gets here.

Action: Try to get the Horse-Mans Attention. Be charming? Tug on his cloak? I dunno
You try to charm the man. He raises his eyebrows confused, then ignores you. You then tug on his cloak.

"Huh? ...What do you want?" He says, somewhat annoyed. And tired.

Search the cave for other eggs, as well as any broken stuff that might be a sign of where my egg came from.
You go back to the cave and search the entrance of the cave for eggs or broken stuff. Neither the latter nor the former are found. Hmm...

The sudden lift caught him at a surprise and, with no idea of what to do, he just stared back at the examining face with sorrowful and pleading eyes.
((Remember, use bold))

You stare back at the being with pleading eyes. The being instead laughs and carries you away down several hallways.

You hit the ground with a soft thump. In front of you is another being: Larger than you, and not moving. It's also covered in red. The large green creature watches you intently.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 136