Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211246 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Last miniturn until the real turn.

Upair did not notice that the green creature had a hand while he did not, because he was too concerned with playing rather than details. roll to the left and then run under the creature. give it a screech and then jump up and down, dodging any of its movements.
((I meant hand in a relative sense to a human's hand. Not necessarily an actual hand.))

You prepare to freak out but realize that you also have 'hands' too.

Cevitil huffed in pain but kept flying away from the city. This divine mission of his was turning out to be quite a conundrum. He didn't even know where most of his targets were, and then there was the whole getting close enough to his targets to yell Grathos' name deal.

Cevitil keeps flying until he thinks he is safe, then searches for an empty patch of ground or perhaps a large tree to land on. Upon landing, examine wounds.
You look for a empty patch of ground. Not easy to find around here. And you in fact do not find any. You have to settle for a clump of short grass. You land and examine your wounds.

Besides the arrow wound, there's not much to see. The arrow wound will heal with time. Everything else is hidden underneath your scales.

"I see. Perhaps I will... postpone my pursuit of the arcane for now, then. Thank you for your assistance, earth mage."

Leave mages, look for an establishment of more martially inclined manlings.
You leave the mage guild and go looking for an establishment of martially inclined humans.

You arrive at the barracks of the city. Plenty of martially inclined men here. Well disciplined, too.

"Do you know anyone that would help a dragon, Mother? I don't know what a dragon looks like, could you tell me?"

Ask once more. :3
"Who helps dragons fluctuates. There is no specific person.

And, my dear, I thought we made this clear a long time ago. You are a dragon. I am a dragon. And father is a dragon."

Merysta took the Thing back to the main room to conduct further examinations, that is, show it to Gwairen when she got home.
You take the thing back to the main room. It really is very strange. It feels like it's not there. And when you take your mind off it, it becomes a blank spot where it used to be in your memories while the rest of your memory is entirely intact.

Action: Might as well kill some time by not acting like a Dragon. Wait for John and try not to attract attention, but of course that isn't going to happen!
You wait around town. Often, young men look at you, but only a few look like they're going to make an attempt to hit on you. Those few, however, see the lack of interest in your eyes and stop before a word is spoken.

Eventually, a man on a horse comes down the road. Might be John.

Confused, tired, and a bit scared at this point, Eridor considered turning back... but he was still pretty sure his egg came from inside this cave somewhere, and deep inside he knew that if he backed out now, he might not be able to work up the nerve to return.

Forwards!
You go a couple feet further into the cave.

It's even darker now.

The more he read this book, the more Jaydenhal thought about doing magic.  Maybe that could be something he could do in the future?

Read the next page while contemplating him doing magic.
Spoiler: Third page (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"So...nobody actually helps us permanently?"

Ask

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta kept both eyes and hands firmly on the Thing. She didn't want to lose it before she could ask her mom what it was; it was already doing funny things to her memory and she wasn't about to let it make her forget it. If that's what it was doing. She couldn't wait until she was older so she was better able to understand weird stuff like this.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

7 minutes after my post?! FFFFFFFFF-

Whatever, since you have a small post with just talking and right after my post I'll answer this outside of the real turn. I likely won't extend this to anything else.

"So...nobody actually helps us permanently?"

Ask
"More like people help us based on how they feel of us. The people around here have a particularity nasty case of it: The younger ones that have not conflicted with us or the ones that have forgiven us would very likely help a dragon in need if he or she acted nicely. However, the moment one of us dragons does something like burn down a village or extort peasants, humans a large distance around the incident would likely just leave us to fend for ourselves--or in rare cases even attack us--where they would have helped before the incident. And that behavior usually lasts weeks, or even months before they forgive us. Which, to be fair, is actually much faster than most dragons forgive."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"They seem better than most of us, then?"

Noraiah looked at her mother, then slumped to the ground, supine. The memory of the human that helped her was vague, but at least she could remember snatches of what happened, then. "Hmm, all I could remember of what happened to me was that I heard screaming when my eyes first opened. Then pain, followed by blackness, then I was in a cage surrounded by many humans.

"They didn't like me, and I was afraid. Then another human in blue, with a warm beard came up on another, bigger thing and made the humans keeping me run away.

"But before they did so, they gave me...meat? Then the blue human took me up and brought me...there."

She pointed with her snout at the area where she was let down. "Do most humans shine? Because I think that one did."

Ask moar :3

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Upair screeched and played until hunger finally hit him. His stomach gurgled and bubbled, signaling that it was time to eat again, but, there was an odd difference. There was no liquidity food around him. He wondered what it was that he was going to eat as the pain of hunger grew more prominent. Unhappy with the feeling of hunger, he sniffs around for something to eat, keeping close to his mother all the while.

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

"Fine! I wasn't really hungry anyway." Kin walked away, slightly angry but still in control of his emotions. Sure, there were a growl from his stomach once in a while but he could handle it. Now he went back to his previous task: Do a really close inspection of a marble house.

Kin was going to ask the inhabitants on their choice of building material. Did they like it? And if they did, was it because it was beautiful or because it gave them status.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cevitil snorts in frustration; probably the fifth time in as many minutes. His mission seemed so simple, but of course yelling the name of a god at three people, all of them in locations unknown, whilst not being attacked or captured-and doing all of this while being a dragon-was quite difficult when one thought about it. Cevitil would have to persist, though. Failing a divine mission is generally a recipe for disaster.

Cevitil scouts out the area, flying high to see as much as he can see. He tries to find any cities to fly to, except for the one he just came from, of course.

If he finds a city, fly to it and enter the city. If all goes well and he isn't attacked, Cevitil will attempt to search for a magician, or perhaps a church to Grathos.

((Also, I just realized that this is technically an RTD, but we never see the dice rolls. I assume it doesn't roll for simple/non-combat things?))
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Also, I just realized that this is technically an RTD, but we never see the dice rolls. I assume it doesn't roll for simple/non-combat things?))
I only roll when the situation calls for it or a roll would add to the fun. I'll never roll for, say, reading or picking up something for instance. Or for just walking or flying somewhere. I mean, what would be the point? All rolling would do in those situations is either infuriate the players if they failed badly, make them bored if they failed, make me bored, and/or do nothing to further the game.

Also, speaking of rolls, just so everyone knows, Difficulty levels in Charisma rolls are not rolled. Just thought you should all know just in case you didn't since it sort of looks like rolls. The reason they aren't rolled is because frankly it would irritate me if you could, say, convince a high priest to sin easily or a good guard to ignore a crime. Though do note, it's still possible for you to convince them with good charisma, but harder.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:14:25 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 52: Rat Killer, Bad Dragon, Bookworm, Steam Magic.
« Reply #1839 on: August 01, 2012, 12:44:54 am »

Action: Try to get the horse-mans attention.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: August 01, 2012, 08:48:51 am »

Jaydenhal nodded as he read his book.  Hmm... something about Poly-morphing and Transformation magic appealed to him.

He turned to the next page.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: August 01, 2012, 10:56:31 am »

Realizing that he wouldn't be able to see wherever his egg had come from even if the spot was deeper in the cave, Eridor decided to beat a tactical retreat.

Check above the cave to see if the egg might have dropped from there.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 53: Aging, Thing, Marble, Traveling, and Reading.
« Reply #1842 on: August 10, 2012, 02:35:07 am »

I am a shitty slow GM, I know. I have no excuse, I'm lazy and I procrastinated on actions that upset me for one silly reason or another.

But then again, I'm the only GM who's really doing a dragon RTD so you can't really complain, can you? :P

Ah well. This RTD is still slowly chugging along, and I suppose I should keep it chugging at least until I get a new RTD out.

Ka was beginning to become somewhat miffed, and tired, miffedly tired. His life had been ruined by insects, so he'd killed them, but despite that leap forwards Ka still couldn't leave the room. Life, it seemed, was not through with its torments; the cruel fingers of fate still had nefarious tickling store for him.

Still unhappy with his lot in life, Ka trundled back over to the pile of dead bugs and began making a nest of their corpses. It had been an exhausting day, what with saving the world from destruction at the hands of insects and being ignored. Ka would rest, waiting for something to happen. When something did happen, and Ka was quite certain it would, he would pounce upon that something with the ferocity of, of.... something pouncy.

You sit in the poor bugs and rest, waiting for something to happen.

After a couple hours of silence, someone opens the door. You try to pounce the man but the man dodges away amazingly quickly from your pounce and you smack into the wooden door. Darn.

...The years pass. Over time, you realize that calmness is a good trait to have. Over time, you learn what you are: A Dragon. A creature who the gods have sent to lead the humans--your friends--on the right path. Which gods have sent you, they do not know.

You often ask who your parents were. They never tell you. And you have never been outside in your life so far.

Refer to the magical turn 5 for changes.

[4]: Anyway, everyone seems unusually on edge today. They are packing up it looks like. Quickly. You stand in the temple to... well, yourself, confused at what they are doing.

Merysta kept both eyes and hands firmly on the Thing. She didn't want to lose it before she could ask her mom what it was; it was already doing funny things to her memory and she wasn't about to let it make her forget it. If that's what it was doing. She couldn't wait until she was older so she was better able to understand weird stuff like this.
You keep both eyes firmly on the thing. It really is strange. It's like, it's not anything, but it wants to be something, but it cannot decide what, and is waiting for someone or something with an 'attachment' to it to decide what it should be. And as a result of it not being anything, you don't forget about it but you don't remember what it is because it's not anything.

"They seem better than most of us, then?"

Noraiah looked at her mother, then slumped to the ground, supine. The memory of the human that helped her was vague, but at least she could remember snatches of what happened, then. "Hmm, all I could remember of what happened to me was that I heard screaming when my eyes first opened. Then pain, followed by blackness, then I was in a cage surrounded by many humans.

"They didn't like me, and I was afraid. Then another human in blue, with a warm beard came up on another, bigger thing and made the humans keeping me run away.

"But before they did so, they gave me...meat? Then the blue human took me up and brought me...there."

She pointed with her snout at the area where she was let down. "Do most humans shine? Because I think that one did."

Ask moar :3
"No. Humans don't shine. The human was likely wearing metal armor. Their fighters almost always wear armor because humans have nearly no natural armor."

Upair screeched and played until hunger finally hit him. His stomach gurgled and bubbled, signaling that it was time to eat again, but, there was an odd difference. There was no liquidity food around him. He wondered what it was that he was going to eat as the pain of hunger grew more prominent. Unhappy with the feeling of hunger, he sniffs around for something to eat, keeping close to his mother all the while.
You start sniffing for a few seconds before you are picked up and examined in front of the big green thing. It's a little bit unnerving.

"Fine! I wasn't really hungry anyway." Kin walked away, slightly angry but still in control of his emotions. Sure, there were a growl from his stomach once in a while but he could handle it. Now he went back to his previous task: Do a really close inspection of a marble house.

Kin was going to ask the inhabitants on their choice of building material. Did they like it? And if they did, was it because it was beautiful or because it gave them status.
You ask the inhabitants if they like marble.

They say that they don't really care, that it works fine.

You ask the people why they use marble.

They say that they didn't put it there, they bought the house from the previous owner. They also say that marble has no status in this city, due to the proximity of the quarry.

Cevitil snorts in frustration; probably the fifth time in as many minutes. His mission seemed so simple, but of course yelling the name of a god at three people, all of them in locations unknown, whilst not being attacked or captured-and doing all of this while being a dragon-was quite difficult when one thought about it. Cevitil would have to persist, though. Failing a divine mission is generally a recipe for disaster.

Cevitil scouts out the area, flying high to see as much as he can see. He tries to find any cities to fly to, except for the one he just came from, of course.

If he finds a city, fly to it and enter the city. If all goes well and he isn't attacked, Cevitil will attempt to search for a magician, or perhaps a church to Grathos.

((It would be nice to add a preferred choice and not use 'the', in case there's more than one, when you're searching for multiples))

You look around and find several cities. You assume the one southeast is the closest, so you fly there.

You land. Nobody seems to be the wiser... yet. You leave to look for a mage. Emphasis on a.

You find someone in blue robes, trying to do something to a non-functioning fountain. He looks like a mage...

Action: Try to get the horse-mans attention.
You shout and wave your arms at the man. He doesn't recognize you, so he ignores you.

Darn, you're going to have to be more confrontational.

Jaydenhal nodded as he read his book.  Hmm... something about Poly-morphing and Transformation magic appealed to him.

He turned to the next page.
((Umm... how about we just forget about the Contents page entirely, for me? I vastly overestimated how much I could talk about certain things.))

Spoiler: Next page (click to show/hide)

Realizing that he wouldn't be able to see wherever his egg had come from even if the spot was deeper in the cave, Eridor decided to beat a tactical retreat.

Check above the cave to see if the egg might have dropped from there.
You run out of the cave and run up the hill, looking for signs that the egg might have come from there. But there are no depressed grass or broken branches above the cave.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024: Eridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zomara0292: Uapair (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: August 10, 2012, 02:58:49 am »

Merysta felt that it was a Thing-That-Wanted-To-Be and not a Thing-That-Was. Gwairen called them... ideas, or dreams, or something like that? It was more thought than form; the shape of something, but not actually something. She moved it about in her hands this way and that, trying to figure it out. Maybe simply wanting it to be something would make it be something? But if so, it was much too valuable to just make into the first thing that popped into her head. She had to think about this! She could try to make it something worth all the gold in the world, a tasty treat, something pretty to wear, the sky was the limit on possibilities.

"Can you be a statue for me? A statue of the bestest dragon ever?" she impulsively asked it. "A statue with emerald eyes and iridescent scales?" She didn't know what 'iridescent' meant but she'd heard Gwairen say it once and she quite like the sound of it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:02 am »

Merysta felt that it was a Thing-That-Wanted-To-Be and not a Thing-That-Was. Gwairen called them... ideas, or dreams, or something like that? It was more thought than form; the shape of something, but not actually something. She moved it about in her hands this way and that, trying to figure it out. Maybe simply wanting it to be something would make it be something? But if so, it was much too valuable to just make into the first thing that popped into her head. She had to think about this! She could try to make it something worth all the gold in the world, a tasty treat, something pretty to wear, the sky was the limit on possibilities.

"Can you be a statue for me? A statue of the bestest dragon ever?" she impulsively asked it. "A statue with emerald eyes and iridescent scales?" She didn't know what 'iridescent' meant but she'd heard Gwairen say it once and she quite like the sound of it.

You ask the Thing to turn into a statue for you.

...It doesn't turn into a statue. In fact, it doesn't react at all. You frown slightly. [Int:5]: You guess that it doesn't recognize you? Or maybe you're not the kind of person that shape the Thing?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 136