Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211249 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Merysta trotted over to the Thing to examine it in greater detail. She sniffed it and touched it, careful not to scratch it with her claws, and waited to see if she would get some kind of reaction out of it. If not, she would try climbing up it picking it up and inspecting it more closely.
You walk over to the strange thing.

You sniff it. It has no smell at all. Not even the faint smell of dust.

You touch it. It moves around your hand as you push it through it. You feel nothing.

You pick it up and inspect it more closely. It's weightless as you do so.

[Int:4]: It's something truly unique. While you don't find out much about it by looking at it, you know that this piece of... mass? energy? both? Does not follow the normal rules of the world. At least for now.

You'll have to take this to someone who knows more before you can truly find out what this is, though.

"Foolishly help...hmm, the humanoid didn't seem like he was stupid, others like him ran when he came...

"What is up with that? And...are my parents fighting?"

Sidle up to Mother, ask her why she seems irate at Father.
You ask mother why she's upset at father.

She tells you that she's upset because father is arrogantly disrespecting the humans.

Father looks at mother, in a face that appears that he's somewhat hurt, but at the same time not caring that he's been hurt. Mother hisses at your father. Then father laughs and walks down a hallway.

Anthramarux thanked the old woman, and departed. She needed to meet this John Dannon...maybe he'd be interesting as the other Human men she'd encountered.

Action: Go meet this John Dannon...explain my situation. Try to act casual!
You thank the old woman and look around for John.

The first person you meet, a teenage man, tells you that John at this time of day is at work, and he'll be back at 5PM.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I see.

Thank you for your assistance, then. Incidentally, what are these risks associated with unlearned spellcasting? I was told magic was very, very dangerous to the uninitiated."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I see.

Thank you for your assistance, then. Incidentally, what are these risks associated with unlearned spellcasting? I was told magic was very, very dangerous to the uninitiated."
"Well, if you're not sure what you're doing, you could cast your spell wrong.

Casting your spell wrong is very bad. You do not want to flop up using Polymorph magic. Or Plasma magic. Or Ice magic. Or Soul magic. Or... you get the point. Cast a spell wrong, and gods help you, something bad will happen to you or an innocent. For example, one of our overconfident apprentices tried making a shield out of ice but tried skipping steps. He froze himself because he accidentally casted it on himself and died. Another tried to change his nose with polymorph magic despite not having practiced on other creatures first. He ended up mutilating his own body beyond belief. There's also stories of a complacent and foolish guildmaster letting his apprentices try out high level fire spells. Understandably, his guild doesn't exist anymore."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"So... if I were to attempt to emulate you, having acquired the gist of what you were doing...?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, you would either fail to initiate the spell at all, start it but fail to put the energy to use, cast it but fail to cast it correctly and have the earth do something nasty to one of us two, or with extreme luck cast it correctly.

If you were wondering how good the chances are of you not messing up, let's just say I'd rather be on the other side of these doors before you start casting."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I see. Perhaps I will... postpone my pursuit of the arcane for now, then. Thank you for your assistance, earth mage."

Leave mages, look for an establishment of more martially inclined manlings.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Do you know anyone that would help a dragon, Mother? I don't know what a dragon looks like, could you tell me?"

Ask once more. :3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta took the Thing back to the main room to conduct further examinations, that is, show it to Gwairen when she got home.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

The first person you meet, a teenage man, tells you that John at this time of day is at work, and he'll be back at 5PM.

Action: Might as well kill some time by not acting like a Dragon. Wait for John and try not to attract attention, but of course that isn't going to happen!

-------------------------
Also, looking at my breath changes for once. I suppose Acid sucks now, since 10 turns is several months of game time and most battles seem decide in three or less... :P

I planned to change it anyway, but this certainly means I should do so faster.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, looking at my breath changes for once. I suppose Acid sucks now, since 10 turns is several months of game time and most battles seem decide in three or less... :P

I planned to change it anyway, but this certainly means I should do so faster.
Hmm, good point. I forgot I don't do combat in miniturns.

However, consider that humans on average have 4 HP and your breath can still target multiple people. Your breath can wipe out groups of low and medium level enemies. And against harder enemies, just keep them occupied for a little bit and chances are they will die.

Still, I suppose I should lessen the time it takes for the breath to have an effect. And I suppose I should do the same with poison. Though that will unfortunately upset the balance. Whatever.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did anything happen during my turn or is my quote simply accidentally in there?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

Confused, tired, and a bit scared at this point, Eridor considered turning back... but he was still pretty sure his egg came from inside this cave somewhere, and deep inside he knew that if he backed out now, he might not be able to work up the nerve to return.

Forwards!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did anything happen during my turn or is my quote simply accidentally in there?
Oh crap, I forgot your turn.

Hold on, I'll put it in the next miniturn, which is smaller so I shouldn't miss it a second time.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:53:50 pm by Tarran »

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

The more he read this book, the more Jaydenhal thought about doing magic.  Maybe that could be something he could do in the future?

Read the next page while contemplating him doing magic.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Ok. either I missed something, or my action was missed.
Upair did not notice that the green creature had a hand while he did not, because he was too concerned with playing rather than details. roll to the left and then run under the creature. give it a screech and then jump up and down, dodging any of its movements.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 136