Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211186 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 50: Aggroed Guards, Slippery Ice, Crappy Births.
« Reply #1755 on: June 26, 2012, 10:16:09 pm »

Proceed to arrange the books, but also while looking for any interesting books. (magic ones, mostly.)
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1756 on: June 28, 2012, 04:20:27 am »

Kin took a look around the market, careful to not surprise anyone more than necessary. He found a stall with some tasty looking food and was about to take some when he suddenly remembered Johns advice: "Pay for food." But of course he had nothing on him of any worth and it wasn't like he could just tear a scale of him and use that as payment. "Heh, how ridiculous." Or could he? It would hurt but it could be possible. Kin never really knew what humans or dwarves wanted.

Contemplate on the possibility to pay food with scales.

OOC: Is it possible to tear a scale from a dragon in this setting? I imagine these dragons' scales as something that is stuck to their skin, which means that I think of them as scaly chickens.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 02, 2012, 10:50:46 pm »

Oh heavens, I'm finally back. And wow, my computer feels weird now. Thanks, dad, for taking me on a trip ~40 hours away on car, when daily temperatures reach a high of ~90-~100, where there's no natural bodies of water, and where there's dust everywhere. And thanks for the same length in return trip.

Let's see... 8 actions. What. I'm gone for 6 or so days and you guys still don't post?

Ironyowl, Draignean, get yer butts in action and make an action.

Also, Caellath is now reserved. He PMed me.

As for the turn, I'm not setting any dates. I've got 6 days of stuff to catch up on and I'd like to start before anything more piles on. A turn is the least of my worries.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 04, 2012, 02:00:52 pm »

((Oops again.))

Raikonai wagged his tail, pleased with himself. He wasn't exactly a mage yet, but he had the general idea down now. Excellent.

Of course, a bit more reinforcement couldn't hurt...

Watch mage more, attempting to refine understanding of magic.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 51: Climbing Desperately, Dodging Death.
« Reply #1759 on: July 08, 2012, 07:27:15 pm »

Ahh, I think I've taken a long enough break. Time to continue. I'll try to get back to regularish turns after this. I'll also see if I can't get back to more exciting turns after this rather than this meh one.

Also, Draignean hasn't been active for more than 14 days. I may have to kick him a second time next turn if he doesn't post. Sigh. I'm really starting to get tired of making births. :P

Tell me if I got anything wrong or missed anything.

OOC: Is it possible to tear a scale from a dragon in this setting? I imagine these dragons' scales as something that is stuck to their skin, which means that I think of them as scaly chickens.
Yes, it's possible, as I showed with Tal and Aklyon. It's like hair: embedded in the skin, but can come out.

Anthramarux would remember later her grand plan at covertly infiltrating the city was ruined because she didn't pay attention to her two front feet. It was a sobering lesson, but one well learned.

She would have been angry at Tarran God in her Dragon form at being slightly mocked. In her Human form, she merely laughed it off.

"I suppose I deserved that...a Dragon may fear nothing, but this delicate form certainly has cause to. The Fates that be choose their time to jest, I suppose..."

Action: Laugh off misfortune. Listen to anything else Tarran has to offer...

Naturally, Pick myself off the ground and continue my journey in Dragon-mode!

"Everything should fear everything. A mere mosquito can carry a deadly disease, which can kill a man. A cockatrice can turn even the eldest dragons or the biggest titans into stone. Never be fearless, lest you make a fatal mistake. Always be ready for your opponent to be more than meets the eyes."

You attempt the ice again. Can't go around it. [5][Agi:3-1]: You find a fairly flat, and rough section of the ice where you can put your shoes on and not slip. However, even so, you put your left foot too far to the left and you slide into a wall to the side, giving you a serious headache since you were already not feeling too good. Tarran sighs at your apparent inability to be careful.

However, you're far enough that you can take the ring off. You take it off and take to flight, after falling a couple feet. Yikes, the ground does not look soft beneath here!

You fly away from there, while Tarran shouts goodbyes. Where to?

((Also, I remembered long ago, the damage between forms is supposed to translate. So that 1 damage? It's now much more damage than that. Also if you were wondering, my avatar would have saved you if you managed to fail badly this time.))

Noraiah gazed out from the cave mouth into the open sky, and to the sun. The years have been kind to her - though somewhat 'boring', she had found beings that were capable of taking care of her in the best way she could fathom.

Moving towards the mouth, she lifted the boulder nearby to inspect her belongings. Those five pieces of gold meant much to her. Shiny, yellow circles. How quaint was their existence as they gleamed in the sun.

She heard a chirp come from above her and turned to see the source. High on the cliffside was a robin, the side of her claw and in the shade of the heavens, it tilted it's head to gaze back at her and chirped once more before swiftly taking off into the nearby flora.

Noraiah felt the yearn to be as free as that bird, and on a whim, decided to ask the white being if she could...try to fly. Or at least be taught how to fly.
You ask your mother if you could try to fly.

She seems pretty much apathetic, and says "go ahead".

You feel like a child who just got free reign to a cookie jar.

Eridor was... somewhat confused, to say the least. This wasn't exactly what he thought would happen when he eventually hatched. Despite his young age, he did recognize that falling down into the water would probably be bad. So, grabbing at the root with his tiny claws, Eridor attempted to pull himself up onto the bank, at which point he'd climb the hill, trying to figure out where his mad descent had started.
You attempt to climb up the root. [Str:5+1]: Knowing that falling is not a good thing is a good motivator to pull yourself up. Using all the energy in that tiny body of yours, you pull yourself up fast. You're tired now, though. And the climb up the hill looks increasingly daunting the more you look at it. You squat in a moment of slothfulness and aren't sure you want to walk up the hill right now, it's a very very long climb.

+1 Strength.

Uapair looked around, frightened and slightly confused. Where is mommy? Where am I? My tummy hurts.

Look around for any light or breeze, if it is found, go towards it. If not, Call out for my mother. If nobody replies, look for a moving thing to chew on and eat.
You look around for light. Nope. It's dark here. As dark as your egg, maybe. Breeze? You're not sure. You do hear the breeze but you are far, far too young to recognize it. You don't feel it.

You call out for mother with a little screech. [5]: You hear thumping and suddenly a HUGE GREEN THING comes down a corridor.

Well, his plan was not working at all. Might as well try to succeed somewhat in his goal... and he had the perfect idea, as long as Grathos was okay with a few certain things. Gossip and spread of information, first of all.

Cevitil swoops low to the ground, yelling "MY NAME IS GRATHOS, MAY ALL KNOW THY NAME!" before flying away as fast as he dragonly can.
You swoop down and shout out that you are Grathos. Nobody seems convinced. Especially not the priests of Grathos.

In return for your shouting, you get a large volley of bolts and arrows. Doesn't seem like a good trade.

[Guard 1 Agi:2][Guard 2 Agi:2+1][Guard 3 Agi:2][Guard 4 Agi:6][Guard 5 Agi:1+1] vs [Agi:3+2][Agi:4+2][Agi:6+2][Agi:5+2][Agi:3+2] 0 arrows hit.
[Guard 6 Agi:6][Guard 7 Agi:5+1][Guard 8 Agi:2] vs [Agi:1+2][Agi:4+2][Agi:5+2] 1 bolt hit, for a difference of 3, which is +20% damage.

Damage: [2/2d2 +20% =2]

You dodge most of the arrows and bolts rather gracefully, but one smacks your arm, scraping a small chunk off. Thankfully nothing major was in that chunk, but it still hurts and still bleeds.

You leave the outer keep. You're over the city now, several guards have spotted you and several mages too. The outer walls of the city are the only thing in your way to safety. You can try to fly higher up to avoid the guards on the outer walls, but you risk wasting too much time and being shot at by some guards and potentially a mage.

-2 HP.
+1 Agility.

Merysta continued to sharpen her claws on the crystal. It was very relaxing, somewhat like a cat with a scratching post.
You continue grinding your claws on the crystal. ...Okay. Right. Relaxing I guess.

Proceed to arrange the books, but also while looking for any interesting books. (magic ones, mostly.)
You begin arranging the books alphabetically. But none appear to be spellbooks. The only ones remotely related are ones like "History of Magic in Iviand", "Deadly Problems With Magic: Overconfidence and Mistakes", and "Magic in Short, For Those Who Still Live in the Stone Age".

Kin took a look around the market, careful to not surprise anyone more than necessary. He found a stall with some tasty looking food and was about to take some when he suddenly remembered Johns advice: "Pay for food." But of course he had nothing on him of any worth and it wasn't like he could just tear a scale of him and use that as payment. "Heh, how ridiculous." Or could he? It would hurt but it could be possible. Kin never really knew what humans or dwarves wanted.

Contemplate on the possibility to pay food with scales.
You think about paying with scales.

[Int:3]: Eeeeeh, maybe! Maybe one of these food merchants wants something as weird as a dragon scale! You never know!

Raikonai wagged his tail, pleased with himself. He wasn't exactly a mage yet, but he had the general idea down now. Excellent.

Of course, a bit more reinforcement couldn't hurt...

Watch mage more, attempting to refine understanding of magic.
You continue to watch the mage. [Int:3]: You can't figure out anything more than you already know.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024: Eridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zomara0292: Uapair (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:45:50 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 09, 2012, 08:04:48 am »

Holy whole hell helping hole that is big. Uapair runs around like a fool at the sight of the huge creature, eventually deciding to hide in the remains of his egg, peaking out to see if the Green giant saw him go there. If not, squeak again for your mother.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:04 am »

The height, the air, the clouds, the sun.

Oh the glory of it all!

Noraiah felt the breeze of the western winds pass below her, refreshing her as she soared above the meadow grass, her wings stretched out in full, taut and flexible against the air. She could see multiple copses of trees, rock formations and multiple animals in the distance.

For about two seconds.

Then the feeling of falling, face smack against the dirt and the taste of iron and loam soil. The taste of defeat...

"Must ask mother..."

As Noraiah headed back to the cave, she decided to ask her parents if they knew anything about humanoids in the current area, and on lessons on how to fly...

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 09, 2012, 03:20:37 pm »

Eridor yawned, being pretty tired out from that little adventure. It wasn't over just yet though... he should probably climb up the hill. Just a few more minutes... lying down. Then he'd get moving.

Climb the hill, but taking frequent rests whenever needed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 10, 2012, 12:49:44 am »

Oh heavens, I'm finally back. And wow, my computer feels weird now. Thanks, dad, for taking me on a trip ~40 hours away on car, when daily temperatures reach a high of ~90-~100, where there's no natural bodies of water, and where there's dust everywhere. And thanks for the same length in return trip.

You drove through Oklahoma and didn't tell me? Sorry for the absence, you can see my D22 post for a lack of details.

Ka's tail had wounded him, his father had wounded him, LIFE ITSELF HAD WOUNDED HIM WITH ITS MERE PRESENCE! Crying piteously and limping on all four feet, Ka Dragged himself theatrically over to the door and went back to sobbing heart wrenchingly at the door. Nothing could be worse than this, his back hurt, his tail was cold, his teeth itched, the floor was hard, it was dark in here, there air smelled funny, there wasn't a breeze, his scales were getting dirty again, there were bug- Oh hey! Bugs!

Ka briefly forgot his nightmare of a life again as he attempted to see how many bugs he could fit in his mouth at one time.

Somewhere inside Ka, past the confines of his flesh and inside the glow of his draconic soul, a small and ancient part of his being began beating its head against the proverbial wall in frustration.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 10, 2012, 01:03:17 am »

You drove through Oklahoma and didn't tell me? Sorry for the absence, you can see my D22 post for a lack of details.
Nope. Further north.

Anyway, nice to see you again.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:14 am »

Nope. Further north.

Anyway, nice to see you again.

Likewise, and those temperatures did seem a bit cool for here.  ;D
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:07 am »

Jaydenhal sighed as he finished arranging the books for his parents. He was hoping for there to be any magic books, like the ones he heard in his father's stories, but there weren't any. 

Well, I might as well read one of these. Thought Jaydenhal, as he looked at the three books.  Magic in Short looks like one I should start in.

Jaydenhal would first read Magic in Short, and then follow that book with History of Magic in Iviand, and then Deadly Problems With Magic.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 10, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

Action: Pick a small town at random from the outskirts of Albreac and fly toward it. Go into Human form before entering, and once done, try to enlist medical aid. Say I was attacked by bandits on the road, while trying to deliver something important to my ailing Father in Albreac. (which isn't too far from the truth). Go to some lengths to disguise my identity and name-perhaps 'willing' my Human form to look different, if possible.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 10, 2012, 07:04:32 pm »

Merysta keeps scratching at the crystal until it's all gone. Why not, right?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 10, 2012, 08:15:10 pm »

Merysta keeps scratching at the crystal until it's all gone. Why not, right?
That will take days, weeks, or even months.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 136