Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211180 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

His first thought were to visit someone who knew of city to direct him where he wanted to go, but further thinking made him think it would be boring. So instead of asking for directions he decided to explore on his own.

Careful to not surprise anyone he started to wander towards one of the marble houses when his stomach suddenly growled. He was hungry and he hadn't seen anything to eat. He did the most reasonable thing he could think of, go somewhere that had heaps and heaps of food (i.e. find a market).

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Ka's feelings were hurt, wounded even. These past few moments had delivered to him the greatest emotional twists of his young life. Of course, that sort of thing tends to happen when your life has only existed in an ambulatory fashion for the lesser part of an hour. 
    Still, Ka was very broken up about it. He cried at the door, he scratched the door, he bemoaned his sorry fate in the wordless cries of a dragon whose very soul had been shattered by such heinous cruelty.

Then he realized there was a tail attached to his buttocks and attempted to chase it around the room for a while.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Wolfchild just dropped out. Zomara's up too next turn. Miniturns are done and main turn is in the works. Let's see if I can get it out before I go camping since I doubt I'll have internet there.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((That means it's action time, I suppose. Don't like repeat actions much, but not fond of giving up on the magic thing either.))

Continue watching magic, hoping to learn magic.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...It was always action time. You don't need to wait for a turn end for an action.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((I know, but I couldn't think of one I liked. Now it's time to go with one I don't like regardless.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 50: Aggroed Guards, Slippery Ice, Crappy Births.
« Reply #1746 on: June 25, 2012, 04:42:30 am »

Okay, I don't think I'll be able to do any miniturns this turn as I'll be out camping for a week or so ~1/4 across the mainland US from where I am now, where the internet situation is not exactly certain.

This will also mean I will likely be unable to post in any RTDs I happen to be in as a player. So if anyone is waiting on me, feel free to pass on the message.

Anyway, one last turn before I go. Unfortunately I won't be able to wait until Zomara responds, so only Nicholas1024 will be getting in this turn. If I don't add Zomara even after I've posted on these forums again, feel free to poke me a couple of hours after I start posting again.

Wait... What was I doing again? Why do I feel sick? Seriously, what was I doing? Huh. Well, I guess I could take a nap.

Take a short nap. Afterwards, Jaydenhal would see if there was something he could do for his parents. He needs something to do.
You take a nap nearly on the spot, after putting some distance between you and the mushrooms. You wake up, and ask your parents if they need something done.

They tell you they need books arranged. Lots of them. Not quite what you expected. You ask them for other things they need done, but they don't have anything they can't do themselves much better.

Cevitil's eyes dart around nervously. Chances are him getting down wouldn't do much to alleviate the fact that he just sprung into the air and yelled as loud as he could, attracting the attention of everyone around. His voice wasn't loud enough, wasn't focused enough. He needed to attract attention, make everyone quiet down...

Cevitil keeps flying momentarily, ignoring the shouts of the guards. He reaches within himself, drawing forth lightning from the belly of his stomach. He remembers lightning storms from his childhood, where great roars followed every flash.

Cevitil attempts to shoot lightning from his mouth, hoping to make the sound of thunder. Shoot it at a place where there is no person to strike, like perhaps a bare stone wall, or even straight up if the ceiling is bare as well/not wooden.
You think that perhaps actually breathing lightning would distract them, despite them looking right at you...

You begin sucking in air, but the guards, not amused, reach for their bows and crossbows and those that have them already out open fire.

[Guard1 Agi:3+1][Agi:5+2][Guard2 Agi:5+1][Agi:5+2]: You gracefully avoid a bolt and arrow aimed at you, but you cannot breath out lightning accurately while dodging.

The people in the keep start running back into the city, and guards pour out of the towers of the inner and outer keep as the ones already outside shout "to arms!". There's at least a couple dozen of them.

Now's the time to get out of the city. Really. You've aggroed everyone.

Despite the little voice in the back of her head telling her she probably couldn't do anything here, she figured that working at this would keep her out of harm's way while Gwairen was gone, as she had been asked. Maybe with a few hours she could scratch out a reasonable chunk to take back with her.
You scratch the crystal, initially getting a bit of it to grind off, but as you get further and further down it becomes more and more impossible to actually scratch significant amounts off. After hours, you give up, achieving only destruction of the once great purity of the giant crystal by your nails.

((And there goes the ability to sell it to a collector or nobleman after extracting the crystal))

Meep.

Try to look at the creature but don't struggle from it's grasp.

You attempt to look at the creature, but don't struggle. It's fairly difficult to look while you're hanging on one hand.

It looks at your body all around, examining you. It eventually carries you back to the cave, where it puts you on the ground gently and hands you some food.

You assume they might be your parents, though you'll never truly know. Until you ask a god, of course.

As you get older and the days pass by, you start to think that they are indeed your parents. They teach you many things (see turn 5), and life is very easy. Eventually, though, you start to feel somewhat more ambitious. More ambitious than just sitting around. You are now a Child. Time to do something exciting.

[4]: Life has been very average, though. Like, average as can be. Nice and average as averages. You do manage to 'earn' some gold from your parents after menial tasks: 5 gold to be exact.

Anthramarux nodded. No time to waste then.

"Well, thank you for what help you could provide, Tarran God. But I am a Dragon, and I fear nothing!"

She whomped off...left, down, left left, straight...

Action: Take the back entrance to exit the temple. Using my knowledge of the local villages, choose one at random and, after removing arrows, enter it in Human form looking for some medical aid-it'd be nice to find a local priest of Grandar to help me here. Assuming that goes off without a hitch, arrange travel to Albreac in disguise, using the crowd to cover my movements.
You attempt to leave the back entrance. But the door is too small for a dragon, so you slip on your human ring and-WHOA! ICE! [6][Agi:2-1] You fail to do anything as you step on ice right out the door and nearly slide off the cliff. You, fortunately, do not slide off, but instead you unfortunately slip and smash into the ground backwards, knocking you out.

You wake, with Tarran standing above you. "Really? Not foiled by assassins, but by mere ice? Come on girl, get up, be more careful." He smiles, slightly mockingly.

-1 HP.
Human form: Max HP changed to 4+-Toughness modifiers, treated as a human for all intents and purposes.

His first thought were to visit someone who knew of city to direct him where he wanted to go, but further thinking made him think it would be boring. So instead of asking for directions he decided to explore on his own.

Careful to not surprise anyone he started to wander towards one of the marble houses when his stomach suddenly growled. He was hungry and he hadn't seen anything to eat. He did the most reasonable thing he could think of, go somewhere that had heaps and heaps of food (i.e. find a market).
You head off to find a market.

You easily find one of many. It buzzes with activity. As it's near the entrance to the city, a majority of the market is dedicated to food.

Ka's feelings were hurt, wounded even. These past few moments had delivered to him the greatest emotional twists of his young life. Of course, that sort of thing tends to happen when your life has only existed in an ambulatory fashion for the lesser part of an hour. 
    Still, Ka was very broken up about it. He cried at the door, he scratched the door, he bemoaned his sorry fate in the wordless cries of a dragon whose very soul had been shattered by such heinous cruelty.

Then he realized there was a tail attached to his buttocks and attempted to chase it around the room for a while.

You attempt to chase your tail around the room for a while.

[Agi:1]: You strain your back very painfully just by turning around so much and still trying to run. You give up in seconds and proceed to cry a little.

-1 Agility.

((That means it's action time, I suppose. Don't like repeat actions much, but not fond of giving up on the magic thing either.))

Continue watching magic, hoping to learn magic.
You continue to watch.

The man shouts "Eear-Shea-Mos-TOHX". Rock rises in front of the man, completely blocking any potential fire from the dummy, if it could fire. [Int:5]: Suddenly, it clicks. His body movements, his state of mind, the magic words. The man raised a shield, by concentrating on some part of his body--likely his hands, and moving them in an upward motion while willing the ground to rise, while saying magic words.

Now, you have no idea what his intentions or emotions were, you're not entirely sure on what his last magical word was, and you can't really remember everything he said, but you've got the general idea.

+1 Int.

Quote from: Nicholas1024
Be born.
Born in: 5, Othem.

[2]: Well, lady luck always tends to hand out bad rolls every once and a while. And of course, right as you're about to leave your egg for the first time, lady luck screws you over. One day, you feel weird. You feel as though the force that was always beneath you, bringing you up against one part of your egg, is now spinning around. Curious, you leave your egg.

You leave, and notice that the reason the force is spinning is because your egg is spinning down a hill. You continue rolling outside your egg, desperately trying to slow yourself down.

Your egg flies off a cliff, and shortly afterwards you hear a sploosh. Desperate, you grab onto a root with both hands and fly off the cliff, holding onto the roots as hard as you can.

Beneath, a medium, shallow river 20 feet or so down leads downhill. White foam covers rocks as the river goes down and down, gently but surely.

[5]: Also, your father is alive and well. Just so you know. Totally going to help you in this situation. Yeah. Really.

Quote from: zomara0292
Be born.
Born in: 6, City of Sharoon.

[3]: Today is the day for little babies to leave their eggs and annoy their mommies and fathers, according to your inner clock. You don't want to go, so you wait.

Then you start getting hungry. You continue waiting.

Then you start getting bored. You continue waiting.

Then you finally get anxious, and decide to leave your egg.

...Well, it's dark, that's all you know. Besides that, nothing seems to have ninja'd out of the darkness and put you in a perilous situation or given you a present.

You are in a dark room and you are a baby dragon. What do?

[2]: Also, you has no father. Sadface.

((Sorry, can't think of much right now for 3s, I only got 4 hours of sleep and this is early in the day for me))

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024: Eridor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zomara0292: Uapair (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 12:29:23 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: June 25, 2012, 04:52:22 am »

Anthramarux would remember later her grand plan at covertly infiltrating the city was ruined because she didn't pay attention to her two front feet. It was a sobering lesson, but one well learned.

She would have been angry at Tarran God in her Dragon form at being slightly mocked. In her Human form, she merely laughed it off.

"I suppose I deserved that...a Dragon may fear nothing, but this delicate form certainly has cause to. The Fates that be choose their time to jest, I suppose..."

Action: Laugh off misfortune. Listen to anything else Tarran has to offer...

Naturally, Pick myself off the ground and continue my journey in Dragon-mode!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: June 25, 2012, 07:04:43 am »

((Grand. Sorry. Just got to school and on a computer. I am now going to have to trudge up my old Thing. I hope it is on here, because i will not be able to get it otherwise.))

[Be born and chew (just chew, not eat) on whats left of my egg shell]

Spoiler:  Vapor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 10:48:26 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: June 25, 2012, 09:22:15 am »

(("See turn 5"

:P Nice one, Tarran. Also, examining things... at turn 5...

Joy!))

Noraiah gazed out from the cave mouth into the open sky, and to the sun. The years have been kind to her - though somewhat 'boring', she had found beings that were capable of taking care of her in the best way she could fathom.

Moving towards the mouth, she lifted the boulder nearby to inspect her belongings. Those five pieces of gold meant much to her. Shiny, yellow circles. How quaint was their existence as they gleamed in the sun.

She heard a chirp come from above her and turned to see the source. High on the cliffside was a robin, the side of her claw and in the shade of the heavens, it tilted it's head to gaze back at her and chirped once more before swiftly taking off into the nearby flora.

Noraiah felt the yearn to be as free as that bird, and on a whim, decided to ask the white being if she could...try to fly. Or at least be taught how to fly.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: June 25, 2012, 10:53:53 am »

Oh hey, my father decided to wait another 6 or so hours. So I guess I'm still here and I guess Zomara is getting in. I'll be putting him in now.

(("See turn 5"

:P Nice one, Tarran. Also, examining things... at turn 5...

Joy!))
"Nice one"? I did something witty somewhere?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: June 25, 2012, 11:04:35 am »

Eridor was... somewhat confused, to say the least. This wasn't exactly what he thought would happen when he eventually hatched. Despite his young age, he did recognize that falling down into the water would probably be bad. So, grabbing at the root with his tiny claws, Eridor attempted to pull himself up onto the bank, at which point he'd climb the hill, trying to figure out where his mad descent had started.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: June 26, 2012, 07:41:09 am »

Uapair looked around, frightened and slightly confused. Where is mommy? Where am I? My tummy hurts.

Look around for any light or breeze, if it is found, go towards it. If not, Call out for my mother. If nobody replies, look for a moving thing to chew on and eat.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: June 26, 2012, 04:46:10 pm »

Well, his plan was not working at all. Might as well try to succeed somewhat in his goal... and he had the perfect idea, as long as Grathos was okay with a few certain things. Gossip and spread of information, first of all.

Cevitil swoops low to the ground, yelling "MY NAME IS GRATHOS, MAY ALL KNOW THY NAME!" before flying away as fast as he dragonly can.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: June 26, 2012, 06:06:27 pm »

Merysta continued to sharpen her claws on the crystal. It was very relaxing, somewhat like a cat with a scratching post.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 136