Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211157 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

So I'm guessing they heard me yell, just couldn't make out my words?
Not really, you were loud and spread over a large distance. But even if they could, you shouted like you're breathing out your breath in the middle of and at a LOT of people, and you're flying, which is an immediate warning to them. And it's not like they have a handbook on what breaths dragons have, so from their point of view you could have a breath that shouts out a name and makes worshipers of that person explode in to pieces.

Even if they somehow knew what you were using and weren't immediately alerted by you flying and using it on a lot of people, it's not like everyone likes Grandar's punishments.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 04:54:27 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the 'breathing' part, I just meant he sucked in a lot of air so that when he yelled it would be louder, like, say, bracing himself.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know that. You sucked in a lot of air, and shouted with all of your might and over a large area which would mean your mouth would likely be completely open. That could, to the guards at the very least who don't know dragons all that well, look like a breath.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Merysta immediately ran back to Gwairen again. This time she had found something worth showing her, she felt. "Mommy! Mom! Come look what I found! It's a gigantic crystal! Come see it!" she said, hopping around excitedly before running back off to it. Hopefully Gwairen was following...
Mother grudgingly follows you yet again. You leader to the room.

You both arrive. "Oh, I never noticed this before. Interesting. Shame it's not made of something worth anything, though."

Approach hand, then sniff it.
You approach, then have your neck raised by, and nose snubbed by the hand. It kinda didn't stop moving it so moving towards it was not the best of ideas.

It moves your head from side to side in a way that you don't particularly like. Then it grabs your arm and lifts you up on your two back feet rather uncomfortably.

"Two reasons I refused to give them the scale of Grandar, which you sent me to retrieve.

First, on principle. I made an oath to return this scale to the Temple of Grandar. I was raised to honor the Law by my Mother. If I broke my word and bond, It would not be worth much, would it? No...I'd rather suffer their lashes, than dishonor myself in such a way.

Secondly, they insulted me. Chained me to the floor of their throne room, tried to intimidate me. So I spat their offer back in faces to spite them. I am a Dragon, after all! I deserve respect. So denied, thus it was easier to deny them."

Tarran frowns slightly. "I wasn't asking why, I was asking what...

Eh, anyway, I'm glad you're honorable. Most of my children like you and the humans get paid out of their honor by gold or power... though I suppose I'm already going to be paying you, so..."
Tarran shrugs.

Suddenly, the man in the jester clothes throws a rat in the air and it explodes into a flock of birds, before continuing juggling the remaining two rats. "Fly, my pretties! FLY!" The voice sounds very familiar. Tarran claps a few times before turning back to you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:34:10 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta was disappointed. She really thought she'd found something good, like some sort of magic crystal that could be used in arcane rituals. She sat down and looked at Gwairen. "What is it? It's awfully pretty. It really doesn't have any use?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux didn't know that voice sounded familiar...

"Have we met before, Jester?" she inquired.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Merysta was disappointed. She really thought she'd found something good, like some sort of magic crystal that could be used in arcane rituals. She sat down and looked at Gwairen. "What is it? It's awfully pretty. It really doesn't have any use?"
"No. It's extremely soft. A human's nails can scratch the gems, so there's likely no use for it as a crystal. Anyway, Merysta, I've got to go somewhere. Can I trust you to stay safe?"

Anthramarux didn't know that voice sounded familiar...

"Have we met before, Jester?" she inquired.
He takes off his hat. Wait, the face and hair... it's Pahhosag! "Of course we have, dragon girl! I offered you some of my dice." He says, smiling in a creepy way.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Odd to find you here, but I guess if one could predict your movements, you wouldn't be the God of Chaos.

Anyways, to a bit of business. Do either of you know how these enemy forces-which are likely massing to attack this temple as I speak-are tracking my movements? I find it unlikely they staged troops on this mountain on the off chance I would come here. They just seemed to...poof. "
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"OK, Mom. I'll stay in the cave until you come back." She approached the crystal, thinking that if a human's nails could scratch it her talons ought to rip right through it, and maybe she could carry some - or a lot! - back to her little nest in the main room.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Odd to find you here, but I guess if one could predict your movements, you wouldn't be the God of Chaos.

Anyways, to a bit of business. Do either of you know how these enemy forces-which are likely massing to attack this temple as I speak-are tracking my movements? I find it unlikely they staged troops on this mountain on the off chance I would come here. They just seemed to...poof. "

"They cannot enter the temple, do not worry. If they do, I pretty much have the right to smash them and their souls down to a pebble and set those pebbles on fire and smash a mountain on them if I wanted to. They know this and they're not going to enter."

"They're tracking you with the help of Magdost. Magdost guessed you were coming here based on your current movements and general emotions, and willed his followers into coming here. They were already on the stairs by the time you were halfway here. You have to give his followers credit: Only one died on the steps. Usually, have the things that try to come up here fall off."

"OK, Mom. I'll stay in the cave until you come back." She approached the crystal, thinking that if a human's nails could scratch it her talons ought to rip right through it, and maybe she could carry some - or a lot! - back to her little nest in the main room.
Mother leaves and you get right up to the crystal. It looks quite big, so ripping through it might not be a possibility.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Despite the little voice in the back of her head telling her she probably couldn't do anything here, she figured that working at this would keep her out of harm's way while Gwairen was gone, as she had been asked. Maybe with a few hours she could scratch out a reasonable chunk to take back with her.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anthramarux nodded.

"I suppose I was being a bit predictable...but, I did hope Godly law would keep them at bay while I planned. At least you confirm I'm not being overtly tracked.

Anyway, I've two things to ask you, Tarran. First, could you tend my wounds? I promise to make it up to you. I mean, look at my poor tail. How sad, hmm?

Second, how many ways out of this temple might there be? Unless you can just teleport me out a few dozen miles towards Albreac, which would be nice. Or gifting me searing eyebeams capable of rendering my enemies to dust, but that might be a bit unfair to them."

Anthramarux settled down. Why not? If they couldn't enter the temple, she was in no danger. And she could go a long time without eating heavy meals, as was her reptilian nature-though it might be unpleasant.

Let the misbegotten Assassins freeze their maces off on the mountain until she was ready.

She spoke to Tarran God again. Well aware Pahosag was listening-and probably not half as crazy as he let on.

"I'm thinking a straightforward plan next-fly right on to the temple, not stopping for anything. They're probably waiting for me, surely, but does Grandar have his own forces in place to meet them? Will they dare a direct confrontation?

I'd hate to have to destroy city blocks fighting them by myself."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, tending to your wounds is... a complicated problem. See, if I help you, then I will have helped someone who wasn't even a worshiper of me. That would give him the right to do the same, healing quite a few of his followers. This is the same for any help I offer you besides some mundane information. If I help you, he can help his people, especially since you're not an actual worshiper of me.

I can offer you a back exit though... if that's what you're willing to call it. Down the stairs to the left, turn around and go down another floor, turn left two times, and go straight, and you should come out on a 'balcony'... of sorts. It has no railings, the floor is completely iced over, and it's very narrow, so I suggest being very careful. The drop from there is short and covered in exposed stone.

Grandar certainly does have followers scattered around the city, they'll certainly be trying to help as best as they can when you get there. Magdost will certainly confront Grandar. They're both rivals, and if the city gets the scale Magdost pretty much looses the ability to influence the city anyway.

Also, flying over the city might not be a good idea, just so you know, since Janette has trained her soldiers and guard on how to take down dragons quickly, and it can't be helped that perhaps a few of them were followers of Magdost. So I suggest following the streets on foot."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Meep.

Try to look at the creature but don't struggle from it's grasp.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anthramarux nodded. No time to waste then.

"Well, thank you for what help you could provide, Tarran God. But I am a Dragon, and I fear nothing!"

She whomped off...left, down, left left, straight...

Action: Take the back entrance to exit the temple. Using my knowledge of the local villages, choose one at random and, after removing arrows, enter it in Human form looking for some medical aid-it'd be nice to find a local priest of Grandar to help me here. Assuming that goes off without a hitch, arrange travel to Albreac in disguise, using the crowd to cover my movements.

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 136