Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211116 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Raikonai snorted, displeased with himself again. His intellect was something of a sensitive spot for him.

"Tell me... Wrighti, was it? Or do you prefer Manling or Earth Mage?

In any case, does your strength assist you in magic at all? Are there mages of lesser intellect but greater physical prowess?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

"Ehum, hi? I was wondering if I could take a look around your city? It is so different from were I am from and I think I could learn much from it. Thought I should tell you beforehand."

Start exploring the city if they allow it. Keep flying north if not.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cevitil breathes through his nostrils in frustration. Suddenly, he had an idea. Didn't Grathos just tell him to yell his name when around his targets, and then Grathos' justice would come swiftly to them? And if they were in this party, which they should be, and if Cevitil had big lungs...

Cevitil springs into the air above the party guests and summons every last bit of air in his lungs and belly to yell one name.

"GRATHOS!"
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

Wait... What was I doing again? Why do I feel sick? Seriously, what was I doing? Huh. Well, I guess I could take a nap.

Take a short nap. Afterwards, Jaydenhal would see if there was something he could do for his parents. He needs something to do.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Ka felt that his parent just wasn't getting the hint. He was out of the warm darkness, and while it was sort of cold and dry out here, it was also BIG. Too big to waste attempting to get his father's attention.

Ka attempted to scamper away from his parent. He'd bounce around and claw a few things to get the hang of it. Hopefully nobody would need the things he was clawing, and Ka would try to avoid clawing anything that yelled. After he'd satisfied a little of his energy he'd bounce back to his father and see if he'd gotten the hint yet.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

No apologies for taking so long, I was sick. And I'm pretty sure nobody can really get all uppity about someone sick not wanting to do something. :P

Merysta whimpered and immediately left the room for safer locales. (Another random 'search the cave' action.)
[2][3][5]: You find, once again, two empty rooms. However, the third time's a charm, as the next room contains an absolutely massive selenite crystal which pierces both the ceiling and floor. Though it looks all but impossible to remove by conventional means.

Noraiah felt the fresh beams of the sun touch her skin again. It was a strange place now, and she didn't know where to go or what to do. She partly wished the blue humanoid didn't leave her, but it pointed to this place so it must've meant something.

Check if a cliff is nearby, then call out to the inhabitants of the cave - those who were still talking. They didn't hurt her, so maybe they were friends of the humanoid?
There are no cliffs nearby. You call out very cutely to those who you just left for some reason.

They stop arguing, then the white one comes right up to you. It moves its large hand towards you...

Anthramarux weighed her chances against a horde of teleporting Assassins and found them not good. They could follow her anywhere, it seemed. Even up mountains!

But the temple was a secure redoubt, she thought. Tarran's power might have sway here.

Knowing her assassin would put a bolt in the empty space as soon a door opened, she knocked it from the side with her tail before entering.

Tarran better be awake, she grumbled.

Action: Enter the temple (opening the door from the side to let any archers loose their shots at the empty spot) and bar/lock the door behind me, if possible. Try to contact Tarran at his altar...
You run through and close the door. There don't appear to be any locks. Wait, what? Why is there no way to lock the door...?

You run to Tarran's altar.

"Back again so soon?" you hear to your right... wait, there's a human in a green robe with black hair and striking blue eyes sitting on a chair to your right, eating a sweetroll and waving at you. He definitely sounds like Tarran, but... it looks like such a weak form to inhabit. Surely he could have picked a dragon form? "Having problems with Magdost and Lallos I presume?"

To your left, you see another human in jester's clothes with purple hair juggling three living white rats. His face looks very familiar. He doesn't appear to care about you at the moment.

Raikonai snorted, displeased with himself again. His intellect was something of a sensitive spot for him.

"Tell me... Wrighti, was it? Or do you prefer Manling or Earth Mage?

In any case, does your strength assist you in magic at all? Are there mages of lesser intellect but greater physical prowess?"
"...'manling'? ...I prefer Wrighti.

No, my strength does not assist my magic."

"Ehum, hi? I was wondering if I could take a look around your city? It is so different from were I am from and I think I could learn much from it. Thought I should tell you beforehand."

Start exploring the city if they allow it. Keep flying north if not.
"Uh, sure, go ahead." A human guard says very blankly. He still thinks you're a bit queer.

You start exploring the city without any goal. You stop after a couple of minutes when you decide that a goal would actually be a good idea.

Cevitil breathes through his nostrils in frustration. Suddenly, he had an idea. Didn't Grathos just tell him to yell his name when around his targets, and then Grathos' justice would come swiftly to them? And if they were in this party, which they should be, and if Cevitil had big lungs...

Cevitil springs into the air above the party guests and summons every last bit of air in his lungs and belly to yell one name.

"GRATHOS!"

You spring into the air and shout Grathos' name. However, the arc and distance spreads the voice out too much and you don't know where your targets are, so nothing happens besides slight rumbling. Your failed attempt also attracts the attention of pretty much everyone around. Sensing danger from your shout, the guards on the outer keep shout at you to get down and surrender.

Ka felt that his parent just wasn't getting the hint. He was out of the warm darkness, and while it was sort of cold and dry out here, it was also BIG. Too big to waste attempting to get his father's attention.

Ka attempted to scamper away from his parent. He'd bounce around and claw a few things to get the hang of it. Hopefully nobody would need the things he was clawing, and Ka would try to avoid clawing anything that yelled. After he'd satisfied a little of his energy he'd bounce back to his father and see if he'd gotten the hint yet.

You bounce around at unbelievable heights much to the annoyance of the creatures, smacking all their nice things around and crashing them into the ground. After a while, you are caught by your 'father'... And are smacked hard on the rear. The pain makes you cry. Your father, annoyed, puts you into a large room, leaves, and closes the door.

Well, that just ruined your fun.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:37:09 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux nods, taking a corner and lying down. She was still quite tired, having been woken up in the middle of the night...

She yawned, waving a claw.

"Yes, Indeed. Teleporting Assassins and the like.

So, you knew they would try to assassinate me if I refused them?"
She asked.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You refused Magdost and Lallos? On what?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta immediately ran back to Gwairen again. This time she had found something worth showing her, she felt. "Mommy! Mom! Come look what I found! It's a gigantic crystal! Come see it!" she said, hopping around excitedly before running back off to it. Hopefully Gwairen was following...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wait, how can my shout just cause slight rumbling but yet still attract the attention of guards on the outer keep, presumably separated from me in the middle of a party by a wall or two? Eitherway))

Cevitil's eyes dart around nervously. Chances are him getting down wouldn't do much to alleviate the fact that he just sprung into the air and yelled as loud as he could, attracting the attention of everyone around. His voice wasn't loud enough, wasn't focused enough. He needed to attract attention, make everyone quiet down...

Cevitil keeps flying momentarily, ignoring the shouts of the guards. He reaches within himself, drawing forth lightning from the belly of his stomach. He remembers lightning storms from his childhood, where great roars followed every flash.

Cevitil attempts to shoot lightning from his mouth, hoping to make the sound of thunder. Shoot it at a place where there is no person to strike, like perhaps a bare stone wall, or even straight up if the ceiling is bare as well/not wooden.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Approach hand, then sniff it.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

((be conceived in the Dragon mothers wumb))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"You refused Magdost and Lallos? On what?"

Anthramarux thought a moment.

"Two reasons I refused to give them the scale of Grandar, which you sent me to retrieve.

First, on principle. I made an oath to return this scale to the Temple of Grandar. I was raised to honor the Law by my Mother. If I broke my word and bond, It would not be worth much, would it? No...I'd rather suffer their lashes, than dishonor myself in such a way.

Secondly, they insulted me. Chained me to the floor of their throne room, tried to intimidate me. So I spat their offer back in faces to spite them. I am a Dragon, after all! I deserve respect. So denied, thus it was easier to deny them."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Wait, how can my shout just cause slight rumbling but yet still attract the attention of guards on the outer keep, presumably separated from me in the middle of a party by a wall or two? Eitherway))
They aren't separated by any walls, the party is taking place in the outer keep and outside in the city. You were flying way above the party, shouted at the top of your voice, and you're a dragon. Pretty much everyone would notice a booming voice above them since before there was no noise, and almost anyone would find a dragon highly unusual, especially since you're flying, which is also unusual to them.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They aren't separated by any walls, the party is taking place in the outer keep and outside in the city. You were flying way above the party, shouted at the top of your voice, and you're a dragon. Pretty much everyone would notice a booming voice above them since before there was no noise, and almost anyone would find a dragon highly unusual, especially since you're flying, which is also unusual to them.
So I'm guessing they heard me yell, just couldn't make out my words?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 136