Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211150 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 48: Assassins, Poison, Surrounded, and a Cult.
« Reply #1695 on: June 07, 2012, 06:14:50 am »

I was thinking the goblet was causing whatever it was,

explore the cave for a bit before checking to see if removing the goblet helped, it will probably take time
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: June 07, 2012, 05:36:19 pm »

Yay! Delayed miniturns too! I have no idea why!

Oh well. Like I care.

Ka felt a vague sense of disquiet as the energies touched him/her. His/her young mind wasn't quite capable yet of understanding the concepts of gender, but he/she was almost certain that he/she'd been different in the warm darkness. Still, a lot of things were different outside the warm darkness, and the change was soon forgotten in Ka's fascination with the figure that had so easily carried him/her.
      Ka growled happily at the nearest thing, waving his/her forelimbs in the air and attempting to replicate the strange sounds it made. Maybe it would bring food, or play, or rub that itchy spot right behind the wings...

You wave your hands in the air and bubble, trying to replicate their voices. The creature gently catches your hand, then grabs a piece of meat from the hands of another creature behind him. He hangs the meat in front of you, seemingly offering it to you.

"Eep!"

Noraiah was curious about the two creatures. They were dazzlingly light in color, despite the lighting of the cave, and were very much larger than she was.

And she couldn't run.

A flashback occurred. Maybe...maybe these were the things that got her out of her egg! She wasn't sure, but she didn't want to be hurt. Not again!

Squeak. Cower in my position and hide beneath my wings!

"Don't hurt me, don't hurt me, don't hurt me..."
You squeak and hide in place.

The two creatures start talking to another. They both sound different. One is feminine, one is masculine.

...Then it occurs to you, now is the time to escape if you wish! They're distracted!

'I wonder if something's in there...' Thought Jaydenhal, He decided he would look around the room. Maybe he could find something interesting in there?
You enter the room. You blur out.

You walk out... huh? What? Why do you feel somewhat sick? What happened in the last couple of minutes? ...What were you doing again?

Kin looked around the city wall. He didn't want to alert the inhabitants more than needed but he did want to take a look inside the city.

As Kin stood at the entrance he tried to catch someones attention without making a target out of himself. Someone would be coming for him now.
You stand outside the entrance. First, you try waving your hand at people. Nobody comes. Next, you shout, but your shouts cannot get past the sounds of a busy city, especially one with drunken dwarves every ten buildings or so and stone streets which makes hard shoes make lots of noise.

meh, may as well get something to eat
((Way to be obnoxiously vague))

[6]: You look for something to eat. You go outside and walk around. You find a mountain lion... and to it you look mighty tasty too. Uh oh.

explore the cave for a bit before checking to see if removing the goblet helped, it will probably take time
You drop the goblet and search around your cave. [3][6][2]: You find a room filled with amethysts. However, the entrance is a steep drop and there are crystals sticking out menacingly everywhere, so the entrance is very hazardous.

You check back on mother. No, no effect from the removal of the goblet.

Should've italicized it as thought. Sorry there.  :P
It's still not all that distinct from what I would expect of speech. Italics can still look like normal text from a glance... and the color doesn't help either.

I was thinking the goblet was causing whatever it was,
If it was causing it via presence, why weren't you affected?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: June 07, 2012, 05:45:33 pm »

oh flipping great, get. the. nope. away from it, serch for food that wont pound me into the ground (rabbits, an flipping deer? Just no fangs)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:40 pm »

Sound. Noise? No, music, perhaps.

Noraiah poked her head out from behind her wing and listened. Their words did not make any sense, but sounded musical in a way, to her own ears.

Still, they were big creatures, not like that blue humanoid she saw earlier with the tasty and fuzzy hair. She leaned over to the left slightly and could see the faint light of the cave mouth in the distance.

Now if she could just find who sired her from here...where was her egg?

Try to sneak out, slowly while keeping an eye on the two.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1699 on: June 09, 2012, 04:30:48 am »

Kin tried to go closer very cautiously. If he could touch the wall and there was no one stopping him then he would be free to enter with no danger to himself he concluded.

Of course, making noises to draw attention to him were smarter than stealthily entering a town. Smaller beings tended to be quite aggressive when Kin sneaked up on them, so that was what he decided to do. Making more noises while cautiously approaching the wall in an attempt to enter the city.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: June 09, 2012, 07:33:32 am »

(I've been away from home without access to a computer for a week or  two. I should have said, however.)

Cevitil sighs in frustration, but then his mind happens upon an idea. This is a party by humans for humans, so why not disguise thyself as a human?

Cevitil sniffs/looks/investigates around for a wizard specializing in illusions and shape-shifting magicks. If he finds one, inquire to it about turning into a human
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: June 10, 2012, 11:18:08 am »

Ka had a deep and abiding desire to EAT THE MEAT! And possibly a finger, maybe two, but only if they don't mind. Some faint stirring of ancestral memory told him that it was impolite to dismember those who gave you food.

After consuming the meat, Ka would definitely have to preen some, and then see if this creature was in a playful mood. 

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a valid excuse this time, I swear! I was kidnapped by CK2! I swear! Why are you looking at me with -100 relations? Why is there a plot to ki-GACK!

Tarran died a natural death at age 15.

Anthrmarux looked back. How did they follow her so fast?

No matter. Time for the hunter to turn into the hunted!

Action: Double back-observe my pursuers.

If feasible, strike them from the air and send them tumbling down with acid and/or claws.

I define feasible as in, if they have a Persian style arrow storm waiting for me or not.

Otherwise, just head into the temple.

You double back, towards the reloading assassin. Just as you start flying over, he ducks into the snow with his cloak, which is white, face first. Must be cold. [Int:1+2]: Despite his position previously being known, you fail to spot him, even if you have likely looked at him several times while searching. You decide to run back into the temple after a minute or so, right as a bolt hits the door. He ducks back down again before you can spot him. You do, however, spot the dozen or so men coming up, some wielding melee weapons, some wielding bows and crossbows, and some with no weapons. Ahah, you don't think your chances of beating these guys is high. Also, they're all wearing white cloaks too.

-1 Int.

(I must've accidentally ninja'd you with my edit. I'll just restate the action.)

Her curiosity was not sated in the least, but she decided she should still be wary. She tiptoed into the room and crept toward the back slowly, trying to find the origin of the sound.
You slowly go into the room.

Around halfway, your nose feels fuzzy...

[Agi:1]: You're caught completely unaware as an explosion of force explodes on the tip of your nose, sending you flying into a wall at dangerous speeds. [4 out of 2d4] You smack against the wall nearly head first, giving you a very mighty headache.

-4 HP.

"Hm, as you wish," he said, taking a position near the back of the room. "I was not aware mages were also... physically inclined."
"Huh? Nah, most of us mages typically aren't 'physically inclined'. I just like exercising."

You enter the room. It appears bare bones, with dirt floors, a metal roof, and stone walls. Also, you now notice the door was made out of metal. On the ground are several pebbles, and at the end of the room a straw dummy shaped like a human. It looks fairly ripped apart.

The mage lifts up a pebble without effort, and throws it at the target without touching it [Mage Int:3+1] hitting the arm at a moderate speed. Not enough to rip through the straw, though.

[Int:1]: Argh! you fail to pay any attention to what he did. Or maybe you just can't learn just by watching... Or maybe you're just stupider than you thought... Or maybe you should stop thinking about what's wrong. Yeah, that sounds like a better idea.

-1 Intelligence.

oh flipping great, get. the. nope. away from it, serch for food that wont pound me into the ground (rabbits, an flipping deer? Just no fangs)
Initiative: Lion first, you second.

The lion lunges before you can act. [Lion Agi:6][Agi:5] And as you start flying away it's claw smacks you into the ground. Since you were all but dead, this kills you instantly before you know that you're going to die and before you even hit the ground. Your soul leaves your now dead body.

Unfortunately, you have not really attracted the attention of any of the gods. Nobody comes for your soul, and eventually, your soul is wiped and sent back into the world, to continue this circle of life.

Well, you should have gone out with a little more than 1 HP, no matter how non-dangerous you expect anything to be. And you got unlucky, managing not only to fail on a 1/2 chance to run away, but a 21/36 chance to run away after that. Oh well, thanks for playing.

You are dead. Do you want your possessions identified? Y/N

Sound. Noise? No, music, perhaps.

Noraiah poked her head out from behind her wing and listened. Their words did not make any sense, but sounded musical in a way, to her own ears.

Still, they were big creatures, not like that blue humanoid she saw earlier with the tasty and fuzzy hair. She leaned over to the left slightly and could see the faint light of the cave mouth in the distance.

Now if she could just find who sired her from here...where was her egg?

Try to sneak out, slowly while keeping an eye on the two.
While those two are distracted, you slowly tip toe out of the cave. They appear to continue talking to another.

Kin tried to go closer very cautiously. If he could touch the wall and there was no one stopping him then he would be free to enter with no danger to himself he concluded.

Of course, making noises to draw attention to him were smarter than stealthily entering a town. Smaller beings tended to be quite aggressive when Kin sneaked up on them, so that was what he decided to do. Making more noises while cautiously approaching the wall in an attempt to enter the city.
You enter the city, making noises by scratching and tapping the walls.

You attract the attention of two human and two dwarven guards standing guard directly past the gate. They look at you in a way that makes you think that they think you're a little nutters.

(I've been away from home without access to a computer for a week or  two. I should have said, however.)

Cevitil sighs in frustration, but then his mind happens upon an idea. This is a party by humans for humans, so why not disguise thyself as a human?

Cevitil sniffs/looks/investigates around for a wizard specializing in illusions and shape-shifting magicks. If he finds one, inquire to it about turning into a human
You look around for a mage specializing in illusion magics.

Well, at least you think about looking around for mages specializing in illusion magics. You then realize that it's kind of hard when everyone is densely compacted and all wearing fancy clothes for today, so you decide that just looking around in the crowd won't work, you need a better way to find a mage.

Ka had a deep and abiding desire to EAT THE MEAT! And possibly a finger, maybe two, but only if they don't mind. Some faint stirring of ancestral memory told him that it was impolite to dismember those who gave you food.

After consuming the meat, Ka would definitely have to preen some, and then see if this creature was in a playful mood. 

You nab the meat out of the creature's hand, and eat it surprisingly quickly. You then attempt to somehow see if the creature is in a playful mood. You decide to wave your hands in the air again.

The creature stands very still, looking at you as if trying to understand what you're asking of it, but failing to do so.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Ka (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

I'll add Bulldog next turn. If anyone finds a mistake, tell me, because I've been sucked into CK2 and I don't remember anything I needed to do if I needed to do anything.

Also, oh noes Ahra died. This is the first death in ~36 turns omg.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta whimpered and immediately left the room for safer locales. (Another random 'search the cave' action.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

Wow, so one more death and I'll actually be able to join? I should get to work on a character then. It's always great to see this thing updated.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahah, don't expect to get in for a while. While it's only one more death, the only reason Ahra died was because I wanted to roll the dice of fate and because he had only 1 HP. Still, don't let me stop you.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, Bulldog decided that he wanted me to 'skip' him. So Nicholas, this looks like your lucky day. You're getting in next turn.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Noraiah felt the fresh beams of the sun touch her skin again. It was a strange place now, and she didn't know where to go or what to do. She partly wished the blue humanoid didn't leave her, but it pointed to this place so it must've meant something.

Check if a cliff is nearby, then call out to the inhabitants of the cave - those who were still talking. They didn't hurt her, so maybe they were friends of the humanoid?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux weighed her chances against a horde of teleporting Assassins and found them not good. They could follow her anywhere, it seemed. Even up mountains!

But the temple was a secure redoubt, she thought. Tarran's power might have sway here.

Knowing her assassin would put a bolt in the empty space as soon a door opened, she knocked it from the side with her tail before entering.

Tarran better be awake, she grumbled.

Action: Enter the temple (opening the door from the side to let any archers loose their shots at the empty spot) and bar/lock the door behind me, if possible. Try to contact Tarran at his altar...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

Alright, here's my character sheet!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 136