Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211097 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Attempt comminication in the best way possible.

I mean no harm?

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

Jaydenhal would go explore the cave some more, while practicing sneaking a bit more.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

That this one is still alive...awesome. Is there some spot to snatch? Or at least a waiting list place?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Raikonai cocked his head at the unusual display. Still, this was an interesting development...

Not wanting to interrupt the shouting, Raikonai decides to instead investigate the directed-sounding sounds.
You head downstairs. Three times.

You finally find the floor the source of the sounds. They appear to be coming from some of the doors to your left and right, down the long hallway. The doors are all closed, and the ones with noise are locked.

Down at the end of the hall, a man in his 40s just sits in a chair. He looks at you nonchalantly.

"No, I wanted to ask you what it was first," Merysta answered honestly. (I don't think I opened it. It only says I found a sealed-off room - not entered or opened it or anything - so correct me if I'm wrong. >.>)
((No, you didn't open them.))

Mother looks at the mushroom. "That mushroom is extremely deadly. It spits out spores that can kill Drakes, humans, and bears. I know because I found all three respective bodies by it. Even holding my breath, the spores it left on me after moving the bodies out were enough to leave me ill for several days. I obviously sealed it off because it was far too dangerous to leave open."

Kin looks in the direction the shout came from. It would seem he was mistaken. There were 'humans' as well. In fact, it seemed as if there were more humans than dwarves. They did look similar from the air.

"I'm sorry, I was just wondering why you were digging here. Is it because there is precious material under this stone?"
"You think that we would know if there's precious material all the way down here? No, we're digging this marble up because it's marble. ...Haven't you seen statues in white stone before? They're usually marble. And haven't you seen a third of the buildings in the city? There's a lot of marble buildings. And if you go inside a home and checked the items, you'd see a large amount being made of marble."

Attempt comminication in the best way possible.

I mean no harm?

You don't have any method of communication. Besides bubbling or squeaking. So you try squeaking. It still doesn't know what to do with you.

Something clicks in your mind: This creature is silver. What color were you again?

The roaring outside gets even closer. Nearing the entrance of the cave.

Jaydenhal would go explore the cave some more, while practicing sneaking a bit more.
[4][3][6]: You find a large room with a lot of glowing mushrooms. Many spores are in the air.

You also try to sneak again. Once again, you have no idea how good you are without anyone else around. [Agi:3+1]: Your performance is worsening, regardless.

That this one is still alive...awesome. Is there some spot to snatch? Or at least a waiting list place?
No spot to snatch, added to the waiting list.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

"But isn't it just stone? I mean, I can understand that the shine is beautiful but it can't even come close to the shine of a rough precious material polished until it shines like a star."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta sat and stared at the mushroom in puzzlement. She had no clue why Gwairen would keep something so dangerous around. After a few moments of unsuccessfully trying to figure it out, she stood and trotted back to Ssej. She took care to approach the giant spider with caution, though, and leave herself room to retreat if necessary. "You're friends with Mom, right? So... you wouldn't mind me passing through on my way to explore elsewhere?" she asked him hopefully.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I am here to witness mages," he said to the manling. Probably the door guard or instructor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"But isn't it just stone? I mean, I can understand that the shine is beautiful but it can't even come close to the shine of a rough precious material polished until it shines like a star."
He looks unimpressed.

"Yes it is just stone. That's the point. A lot of people prefer stone over metal. It's also much cheaper, easier to find, and doesn't have similar heating problems on hot or cold days. Marble is some of the most valued stone in existance."

Merysta sat and stared at the mushroom in puzzlement. She had no clue why Gwairen would keep something so dangerous around. After a few moments of unsuccessfully trying to figure it out, she stood and trotted back to Ssej. She took care to approach the giant spider with caution, though, and leave herself room to retreat if necessary. "You're friends with Mom, right? So... you wouldn't mind me passing through on my way to explore elsewhere?" she asked him hopefully.
Mother stops you from going into the room.

"Merysta, don't go in there. Just because I have a name for him, doesn't mean he's tamed. He would definitely bite you if you got too close."

((also, why would you need to pass through the room to explore elsewhere?))

"I am here to witness mages," he said to the manling. Probably the door guard or instructor.
"You know that is dangerous, right?" He queries.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Because in traditional RPG fashion, I assume he's there to be guarding something I would like to have. XD I guess I'll have to come back when I'm an adult or at least a teenager if I want to get past him.)

Merysta sat down, stymied, and clicked her talons on the ground. This seems like a dangerous place to make a home... I wonder why she chose it. Instead of asking that, though, she chose a more tactful question. "How big is this cave, Mom? Have you explored it all?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I intend to be... relatively cautious."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Because in traditional RPG fashion, I assume he's there to be guarding something I would like to have. XD I guess I'll have to come back when I'm an adult or at least a teenager if I want to get past him.)

Merysta sat down, stymied, and clicked her talons on the ground. This seems like a dangerous place to make a home... I wonder why she chose it. Instead of asking that, though, she chose a more tactful question. "How big is this cave, Mom? Have you explored it all?"
"I've explored a large section of the upper levels, which we are at right now. The upper levels are about as big as-"

Suddenly, a divine being makes you deaf for a second.

"-while I'd assume the lower levels are about several magnitudes larger."

((No, I'm not going to give any specifics. Unless, of course, you want to limit your ability to explore for some strange reason. Then I'd be perfectly fine with limiting your fun.))

"I intend to be... relatively cautious."
"Hmm, not what I was asking."

He pages through a sheet.

"Who were you looking to watch?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta went cross-eyed for a moment and everything went blank. When she came to her senses, she had another question ready for her mom. "Is there a God? Can He make you unable to hear anything?" she asked innocently. Once she had her answer, she'd tell Gwairen she was going to go back to playing and delve into the depths of the cave once more.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Raikonai paused a moment before answering. "I'm not familiar with any of these. What is available?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Merysta went cross-eyed for a moment and everything went blank. When she came to her senses, she had another question ready for her mom. "Is there a God? Can He make you unable to hear anything?" she asked innocently. Once she had her answer, she'd tell Gwairen she was going to go back to playing and delve into the depths of the cave once more.
"There are several gods. They definitely have very high powers, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had the power to make you deaf."

You continue exploring the cave. [3][3][2]: ...You find yet another utterly featureless, large room.

Raikonai paused a moment before answering. "I'm not familiar with any of these. What is available?"
"Well, besides those who put in "Do not disturb" and "Keep out, dangerous", we've got Wrighti testing Earth magic, Urist testing Polymorph magic, and Daggerner testing Plasma magic."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta trotted right on through the featureless room. Her mother must have been planning ahead. Surely there were tons of riches in the surrounding countryside, just waiting to be collected and placed in these empty rooms! For now, though, she wanted something that was actually interesting. Imagination and dreaming about the future could only do so much.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 136