Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 211030 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

You're a kid now, You don't have to ask her questions all the time. You could have funzies with your cave, your know. Infinite caverns of wonders and worries...
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta stood up, stretching as she did so. "I'm going to go explore a bit," she said, trotting off toward the passages in the back of the main area. She had restricted herself to just a few rooms since her birth because she didn't want to get lost, but now she thought she was tough enough to take a chance and see what else was in this cave. And if things got too scary, well... her mom would save her. She felt sure of that.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin started out by exploring the nearby quarry. That were where many of the precious material came from he remembered.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RANDOM NEWSES: Apparently jetex1911 hasn't been active at all for 7 days or so. So he might be kicked if he fails to post by the time I make the turn after this one.

On another note, I should really change my rule about PMing because it's so out of date now that I've destroyed my normal schedule. My goodness. Hopefully I'll be able to resist screwing over Repulsion and his frequent inability to post on time even after 7 days... ::)

Also, turn coming... when it's done. Likely soon, possibly with goons. Might be after noon, possibly on a full moon. Yeah.

Edit: For anyone interested, I modified the top two spoilers in the OP to fit with both the universe changes and my changes in attitude regarding everyone's varying behavior. Nothing severely oppressing, I assure you, you don't have to read the slightly updated rules if you don't want to.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:06:21 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cevitil grows tired of the waiting and decided to take an initiative.

Attempt to infiltrate the castle. There are wings on dragons for a reason... and although it may not be the reason of making sneaking into large buildings easier, it still works.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inner keep or outer walls? You can enter the outer walls without much trouble at all, not even needing to sneak.

Also, just to inform you, the inner keep will be very difficult to sneak into very far if at all. Not only are there guards everywhere, but there are limited windows and basically everyone will see you trying to fly.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 07:39:31 pm by Tarran »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

RReturn to the cave
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

Jaydenhal would practice sneaking, maybe it would be useful to be able to do that?
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fun fact: I completely forgot Lord Allagon's action last turn. Another fun fact: He apparently didn't tell me. Yet another fun fact: He apparently hasn't been active at all either since the 15th.

And even another fun fact: I severely screwed up Ahra's combat last couple of turns.

Oh, and I'm sorry I took so long. For some reason two actions (not naming who) were both negative for me. I have absolutely no idea why, they just were.

Argh...

...So, right, the turn.

Aleia waited, observing what the creature did.
You wait to see what the creature does. It does nothing.

It continues dragging you down the dirt path on the boards for quite a while, and is still doing so.

"Hmmm, I see," Raikonai said approvingly. "You have been most beneficial, swamp-thing. I bid you farewell."

With that, Raikonai got himself back into the air, trying to avoid disrupting or inconveniencing the fisherman, and began his journey northwest.

Northwest! To the city!

Land at the gate and enter on foot on arrival. Puff chest out and look very imperious if guards stop me for routine whatevers.

You fly to the city.

Amazingly, all the guards do is greet you as a common person as you enter. The people inside the city do not react much at all to your presence.

In fact, to the side you can even see a shop that sells armor... for dragons.

...This is not what you expected.

The city is made out of various stone and wood structures, with a few... metal ones here and there. The wall is made entirely out of metal, too.

"Well it kinda feels like i ate something really bad, otherwise im fine dad."

guess i keep looking?
You look around again. Still poisoned.

[1][1][2]: Oh, also, there is a seemingly corrupted spirit right near the entrance. Along with an extremely unstable magic crystal.

Why the hell does father have these things. Why.

[Tou:1+2]: Your body still does not know how to deal with the poison. Your body is apparently not as good at this stuff as it had thought. [3 out of 2d3] You still feel sick.

-3 HP.
-2 Toughness.

Oh, on another note, I completely fugged up the combat with the snake... Technically you should have done half damage from being a child both times and you should have taken more damage from failing the agility roll by 3 points. Since the snake is already dead, I'll only subtract more of your health rather than revive the snake since the snake should've been at ~2 health after your two attacks.

Man I am getting out of touch with the combat system and stuff.

-2 HP.

Having done the nice deed, and hoping that the humanoid perceived her intentions, Noraiah curls up into a ball to rest out the journey to wherever the humanoid plans to go. He felt safe to be around with, like a portable egg!

She wondered why the other humanoids, or how she guessed they were, ran away from this one. It was covered in metal, so that must've meant something.

The sunlight was warming to her skin, and Nora was happy as she heard the other beast's movements on the ground.
You wait. It's a very, very long trip.

Eventually, after climbing a very steep hill near a mountain, the man gets off his horse and puts you on the ground. He bends down and points towards the mountain, at a cave.

In the distance you hear roaring.

Anthramarux inclined her head to Gunstun gracefully, feeling a moment of let down. Maybe later, she could get him all to herself...

She noticed the light outside the windows turning brighter-dusk was approaching.

"Very well. I will find your friend, sir Knight, and complete my quest.

...in the morning anyway. I need some rest as well. Might you accompany me to dinner, Gunstun, if our paths part here?

Humans enjoy these things, correct? Partaking of shared meals?"
She asked, the light in her eyes dancing.

"I know, it elicits...trust, and bonding. And a great many other things I cannot understand...yet."

Action: Anthramarux has dinner with Gunstun if he agrees, and spends the night resting her wounds and exhaustion in the relative safety of the legion-she doesn't plan to make any moves on him yet, but tries to learn about him, his life, career, belief, possible family etc. She tells him about herself, in the same way.

If nothing interrupts her in the night, she heads to the army camp in the morning, looking for Tommas."

"I'm... uh, okay... I guess I can go to dinner. I... okay, I guess."

You have an awkward dinner with Gunstun. [Int:3+2] It seems like a mutual problem: You've never had a formal dinner before, and he has never done so with a female dragon, or a female human. Oh well, at least neither of you left actually upset.

You go to sleep, anyway.

However, you don't 'wake up' where you fell asleep. You wake up in a place that... is cut three in lines between a horrific volcanic landscape, a very... erotic looking landscape, and a mass of... stuff.

You are stuck on your knees in your human form. Your legs appear to be made of stone. Your hands are also bound in front of you.

In those three landscapes, are a imposing demon in metal armor sitting on an obsidian throne, a naked, dark 'man'--possibly a demon--with wings and a demon's tail sitting on a... stone 'chair' that looks like two woman's... breasts, and a man in colorful clothing sitting on a very colorful, plain wooden chair respectively.

The man in the obsidian throne talks first, slowly, in a threatening, cold, and deep voice.

"Hello, mortal. I am Magdost, god of Violent Crimes. These are Lallos, god of Dark Pleasures, and Pahhosag, god of-" He says, before the one on the wooden chair interrupts, shouting:

"Chaos!" He shouts happily, before promptly frowning and shouting violently "SO YOU'D BETTER NOT MAKE US ANGRY!"

The other two stare at him, annoyed. The one on the throne taps angrily on his left armrest. "...Okay, I'm done." the one on the wooden chair says, somewhat trying to hide in his chair.

"Mortal, you have something we want. And I don't mean your genitals." the one on the breast-chair says, seductively-nonchalantly. "We want Grandar's scale, and are prepared to offer you plenty in return."

"Yes, plenty. You won't get much from that fool Tarran or his loyal wimp Grandar, but you'll get worthy amounts of power if you give the scale to us. So what say you, mortal? Do you accept? Do you have any... 'questions'?"

+13 HP.

Merysta stood up, stretching as she did so. "I'm going to go explore a bit," she said, trotting off toward the passages in the back of the main area. She had restricted herself to just a few rooms since her birth because she didn't want to get lost, but now she thought she was tough enough to take a chance and see what else was in this cave. And if things got too scary, well... her mom would save her. She felt sure of that.
You head off to the deep parts of your cave.

[3][3][2]: You find a large, empty room of emptiness. Not even the air is filled: Even the air is empty. The sound of the air is empty. The feel of the air is empty.

My god is that room empty. Your thoughts are beginning to turn to emptiness just thinking about it.

...Okay, I'm done. The room is empty.

Kin started out by exploring the nearby quarry. That were where many of the precious material came from he remembered.
You explore the quarry.

It's quite deep, digging deep into the soil and down deep into the rock, and they appear to be mining stone: Marble, specifically.

Cevitil grows tired of the waiting and decided to take an initiative.

Attempt to infiltrate the castle. There are wings on dragons for a reason... and although it may not be the reason of making sneaking into large buildings easier, it still works.
You attempt to infiltrate the inner keep. [6]: You somehow manage to avoid being seen by anybody. Now, there's a problem: This part of the building has very little windows and many appear to be too small. [1-1] In fact, ALL appear to be too small for you and there are only a few. You cannot infiltrate from this side, and the more you fly around the more likely you will be spotted.

RReturn to the cave
You return to the cave. Mother is still lying down. And the goblet is still on the ground.

Jaydenhal would practice sneaking, maybe it would be useful to be able to do that?
You attempt to sneak. [Agi:4+1] You very quietly walk around the area all things considered.

You feel... decently confident of your sneaking abilities, but you have no idea how well it would hold out around others because nobody is around.

+1 Agility.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Allagon: Aleia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:55:23 pm by Tarran »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Noraiah looked at where it was pointing, the roaring might've sounded familiar, but it was too far off to be recognized.

Maybe, through it's gesture, it wanted to get her back? She missed the confines of her egg, and it showed. She shivered a bit, biting back the cold.

It was nice, or as nice as a baby dragon could think, that her savior treated her as such. She made note to remember the humanoid, before uttering a vocal semblance of her thanks in the best method she knew how - licking that beard.

And decides to head towards the roaring.

She really appreciated it, the humanoid was friendly, albeit quiet. She had to repay this kindness somehow, but priorities had to come first before other things.

She was free.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Antharamarux's first thought was of anger. How dare they bind me, Anthramarux the Great?!

Then came rationality-she was in the presence of three Chaos Gods, who could no doubt inflict any certain amount of pain upon her...though, the scale couldn't have meant much to them, she guessed-it was just a paltry thing! Telling if someone was 'good' or 'bad' wasn't terribly useful anyway. Many bad people did good things for bad reasons, and many good people did bad things for good reasons...

Anthramarux snorted imperiously. What to do...the young Dragoness suspected anything she could other than, 'I surrender almighty ones', would likely make them angry. She felt a spark of desperate cunning within, at that moment-maybe she could break up their little union...play on the no doubt selfish natures of each. If they were fighting each other, they were not concentrating on her. She doubted these Gods were alongside each other for anything other than an alliance of convenience.

Or, she could at least stall for 'time'-hoping Tarran or Grandar or Qualina (hah) actually cared enough to help her. A silly concept-who knew how Gods conceived time or favor to mortal?-but it was better than getting spit roasted by saying something foolish.

She spoke out loud to all of them.

"...Well then, this offer is mighty tempting. My only question is, who among thee my Mighty Lords, would be the most worthy to receive this gift? What would each of you have to offer me in turn?

For you all know as well as I, only one can rule...and the others must follow. Before I make up my mind, I merely want to know which of you is the Greatest God, for I will willingly serve none but."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:29:49 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Worried about having o survive on her own, and panicking about being unable to help mum, Ramoth gets fidgety, flapping her wings
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And decides to head towards the roaring.

Oh, oops, I didn't explain it all that well. The roaring is in the distance away from the cave, somewhere in the sky. The cave is silent.

Do you still want to head towards it?

Antharamarux's first thought was of anger. How dare they bind me, Anthramarux the Great?!

Then came rationality-she was in the presence of three Chaos Gods, who could no doubt inflict any certain amount of pain upon her...though, the scale couldn't have meant much to them, she guessed-it was just a paltry thing! Telling if someone was 'good' or 'bad' wasn't terribly useful anyway. Many bad people did good things for bad reasons, and many good people did bad things for good reasons...

Anthramarux snorted imperiously. What to do...the young Dragoness suspected anything she could other than, 'I surrender almighty ones', would likely make them angry. She felt a spark of desperate cunning within, at that moment-maybe she could break up their little union...play on the no doubt selfish natures of each. If they were fighting each other, they were not concentrating on her. She doubted these Gods were alongside each other for anything other than an alliance of convenience.

Or, she could at least stall for 'time'-hoping Tarran or Grandar or Qualina (hah) actually cared enough to help her. A silly concept-who knew how Gods conceived time or favor to mortal?-but it was better than getting spit roasted by saying something foolish.

She spoke out loud to all of them.

"...Well then, this offer is mighty tempting. My only question is, who among thee my Mighty Lords, would be the most worthy to receive this gift? What would each of you have to offer me in turn?

For you all know as well as I, only one can rule...and the others must follow. Before I make up my mind, I merely want to know which of you is the Greatest God, for I will willingly serve none but."

((There's only one god of Chaos, they're all evil gods, not chaos gods, there's no such things as chaos gods... Or are you just roleplaying your character's beliefs?))

They look at another for a second, before the god of Chaos answers, laughing. "Bright idea mortal! You're trying to get us to fight another! But unfortunately that trick only works when one of us wants to keep the item! And even then you're never going to fool us directly!" Then he promptly gets dark, and malicious. "We don't want to keep the damn scales, we want them DESTROYED!"

"As for the offers... well, I'll give you the ability to successfully seduce anyone you want at any time once, assuming they aren't under significant influence of another god. And I'll give you the ability to call a Succubus or Incubus at will to do... whatever you want, really. I'll even let you keep picking a specific one you like if you like one."

"I'll protect you from murders or random acts of violence for five years, unless I call for them. And I will send one of my followers to kill one mortal that you wish to die at any time in your life."

"I'll see to it that the dice of fate roll in your favor at up to three important times in your life. And I will even give you one of my own dice! Trust me, it's fun and it really works!"

Worried about having o survive on her own, and panicking about being unable to help mum, Ramoth gets fidgety, flapping her wings
You flap your wings a little.

...Okay, now what?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:35:53 am by Tarran »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

I am realy out of ideas tarran, Ramoth is worried and distraught and still a juvanile

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Noraiah silently shakes her head, of course! She should've been more attentive to where the sound was coming from, the rush of emotions at being free was too much.

She still licks the humanoids beard and heads toward the cave.

'What can I do now...?'
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 136