Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210983 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anathramrux raised her eyebrows. Good? She always thought it was just smart to be polite to Humans. Gunstun compared then her to angel, which she considered a fairly highly minded compliment. She felt her cheeks burning annoyingly, and averted her eyes.

It was a relief to see Gunstun-assuming the scales were true-was even better than her! A true knight of the realm. She took the stones and scale in her arms, transferring them into her loot sack (which seemed quite a lot larger than she had originally thought it was).

She turned to Gunstun, shifting her weight again.

"Now, my next destination is the Temple of Grandar...in Albreac. That should be the easy part, I hope.

Hmm. I wonder if you might accompany me, Sir Gunstun? I will need a guide to your city, among other things. Assuming your duties will soon allow you a bit of freedom, naturally..."
Anthramaux said, voice trailing off hopefully.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta listened to the tweeting sounds for a bit and tried to make similar noises.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aleia waited, observing what the creature did.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Search Further afield
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Which direction and for what?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

North, and for soemthign to feed mum
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

Unless he could find anything more interesting around here, Jaydenhal would return to the cave.  There has to be something for him to do around here.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Odd. It seemed like Cevitil could only wait and attempt to discover his quarries' locations. Where would a Duke, a Baron, and a Spymaster be, all together? Probably in a location in the castle, but again, where...?

Cevitil continues to watch the castle, and inquires to the commonfolk nonchalantly about  where the nobles usually reside, in the castle, in their manors, perhaps?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, let's get back to this. From one or two states east of where I normally live. Yay!

Sorry I didn't finish yesterday. I... somehow thought that staying awake through the night the day before yesterday to yesterday would be a good idea and totally make flying easier.

Well... yes, it did make it easier... I had nearly unlimited patience due to being so damn tired and I actually fell asleep somewhat on the plane. However, that had the side effect of making me absurdly tired by the time I got here. :P

Bite.
Initiative: Father, Snake, Ahra.

Your father rushes into the room as you stumble. He charges the snake and slashes at the snake with his claws.

[Father Agi:1][Snake Agi:2-1]: Your father's claw smashes into the floor far from the snake as the snake writhes in pain at it's wound.

Being the easier of the two, and the closest, the snake lunges at you again. [Snake Agi:3-1][Agi:4]: You stumble out of the way of the snake's slow attack.

[Str:4+1][Snake Agi:2-1]: Then you quickly clamp down on the head of the snake. [10 out of 1d12]: The snake is history as you clamp down hard with your teeth.

[Tou:1+2]: Your body is not ready for the poison, and struggles fighting back. [3 out of 2d3]: You feel decently sick.

"Son, are you okay?!"

-3 HP.

((Manlings, hehehe. I like that word. Raikonai should totally start using it. :P))

Raikonai snorted again. It was a common mannerism for him.

"So, true guardians after all," he muttered, turning around. No speech, only warding. Bah.

So now he needed something else to do. Something that could advance his cause, in this place where the closest human settlement was a pile of maggots and the only company nearby were silent wraiths.

"BAH!" he said out loud. There was no avoiding it; he'd need to travel, and travel far.

Head a tile west. Search for any intelligent life, preferably settlements.
You head west. [3]: You look for intelligent life, but all you find is one lone hut in the swamp and a man in a boat, fishing.

Kin woke up feeling much better except for the fact that he still could feel some flaky mud he had missed. Shaking it away the best he could he tested his wings again. "Ah, much better", he thought. Preparing to take off he remembered something important. He had not really kept track on how far he had veered of his intended flight. Oh well, he would figure it out somehow.

Taking in the sight from the air was so much better. Kin could see so much more and was no longer being pulled down by sticky and stinky swamp. Straining his eyes he caught some kind of settlement to what he gathered was northwest and being as lost as he was already there was no loss in trying that way. "To northwest!" he shouted.
You fly northwest to the city.

It's an unusual one. Rather than the wood, brick, cobbled stone, and rarely, well carved stone look of the last city, this city has a large mix of metal buildings, well cut wooden buildings, marble buildings, and high quality brick buildings. The city also appears slightly more wealthy. The city is guarded by a well made stone wall with metal towers. On the towers are rotating ballistae. You know they rotate because a few rotated to face you...

A massive quarry near the city cuts into a nearby hill, and goes down beneath the earth a large ways.

Attempt to go upwards until a satisfyingly flat position can be secured.

Nora felt unsure about this one, but this one didn't react like the others did, or if it was affiliated with the others.

So she decides to examine the creature! All the way upwards.
You examine the creature.

It's kinda hard to see through all the armor, but the creature appears to be a humanoid in metallic armor with scattered blue painting. It wears an open helmet, though, and from there you can see a lush red beard extend all the way down into your face.

Besides that, the creature is largely covered in armor. It does appear to be strong, though.

Anathramrux raised her eyebrows. Good? She always thought it was just smart to be polite to Humans. Gunstun compared then her to angel, which she considered a fairly highly minded compliment. She felt her cheeks burning annoyingly, and averted her eyes.

It was a relief to see Gunstun-assuming the scales were true-was even better than her! A true knight of the realm. She took the stones and scale in her arms, transferring them into her loot sack (which seemed quite a lot larger than she had originally thought it was).

She turned to Gunstun, shifting her weight again.

"Now, my next destination is the Temple of Grandar...in Albreac. That should be the easy part, I hope.

Hmm. I wonder if you might accompany me, Sir Gunstun? I will need a guide to your city, among other things. Assuming your duties will soon allow you a bit of freedom, naturally..."
Anthramaux said, voice trailing off hopefully.
"Uhhh... sorry, Villius would want me to report in personally." Gunstun shrugs. "And besides, it took a while to get here, the men need rest... unless you want to force-march them, and it will also take time to get back."

"As for guides... I have a friend, Tommas, that I guess could show you where everything is. He's a nice guy, if a little young. If you tell him that I sent you to him, he'll definitely show you around. He's in the army camp. Just ask around for him or look for yourself, he's hard to miss."

"Alternatively, you could just ask for directions from anyone in Albreac. As long as you don't take too much of their time, they should be polite. Most of us humans are not short tempered... assuming you aren't someone they dislike." Gunstun smiles.

Merysta listened to the tweeting sounds for a bit and tried to make similar noises.
You listen to the wonderful sounds, and try to repeat them.

Your voice isn't even nearly as high pitched as you would need it to be in order to repeat them.

...The years blend into time like a... smoothy. Before you know it you're a child, and know how to speak. Refer to turn 5 for roleplaying changes and... stuff. Yeah.

[4]: The years are fair and kind, you do not find yourself wanting too much more from them. More stuff would always be nice, but you don't specifically want anything.

Mother has, however, seen you liking that red jasper. So on this birthday she gives you a large red ruby. The question is... what do you value more, the wealth or value of the item, or the memories it has? Or perhaps even both?

Search Further afield
You search further north for food for your mother.

[6]: You find a large, horned stag.

It is definitely a meal for your mother, but it won't be good for your health to get rammed by it. And if it rams you, there's a good chance it could run away in time before you can recover.

Unless he could find anything more interesting around here, Jaydenhal would return to the cave.  There has to be something for him to do around here.
You return to your cave.

Yeah.

Odd. It seemed like Cevitil could only wait and attempt to discover his quarries' locations. Where would a Duke, a Baron, and a Spymaster be, all together? Probably in a location in the castle, but again, where...?

Cevitil continues to watch the castle, and inquires to the commonfolk nonchalantly about  where the nobles usually reside, in the castle, in their manors, perhaps?
You watch the castle. Without getting inside it, you're not going to see anything through the brick walls. So you don't see anything.

You inquire where the nobles reside in the castle. The most likely place they will be is either in the throne room, lobby, or guest rooms. Of course, those are just the most common. They often visit other rooms.

Nobles which live here definitely have manors around and definitely reside in them the most often.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Allagon: Aleia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Raikonai let out an exhasperated, disgusted "Ugh." This was not going smoothly.

"You there, manling," he called out, approaching as far to the man on the boat as he could get without having to swim. "What business do you have, living alone in a swamp like this?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Thanks, Mom," Merysta said affectionately, giving her mother a hug as best as she could. She had to figure out some way to keep the ruby on her always. In some of her mother's books she had seen human (she thought they were called) women wearing thin chains with things hanging from them; perhaps something like that would work for her. She would have to see about getting the ruby attached to one to wear around her neck soon. For now she trotted over to the small area of the cave she had claimed for her own and tucked it among the small collection of trinkets she had gathered over time. Once it was secure, she returned to Gwairen. Now was as good a time as any to ask. "I've been curious for awhile, Mom. How and why do you turn into that small, delicate form? Human, is it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Raikonai let out an exhasperated, disgusted "Ugh." This was not going smoothly.

"You there, manling," he called out, approaching as far to the man on the boat as he could get without having to swim. "What business do you have, living alone in a swamp like this?"
"I live out here, sir." You hear in an elderly voice. "I catch fish, and sell them whereever is more profitable."

The old man takes off his hat. Beneath is a large set of gray hair and wrinkling skin. He looks at you.

"Thanks, Mom," Merysta said affectionately, giving her mother a hug as best as she could. She had to figure out some way to keep the ruby on her always. In some of her mother's books she had seen human (she thought they were called) women wearing thin chains with things hanging from them; perhaps something like that would work for her. She would have to see about getting the ruby attached to one to wear around her neck soon. For now she trotted over to the small area of the cave she had claimed for her own and tucked it among the small collection of trinkets she had gathered over time. Once it was secure, she returned to Gwairen. Now was as good a time as any to ask. "I've been curious for awhile, Mom. How and why do you turn into that small, delicate form? Human, is it?"
((So, what are you going to do with the Jasper?))

"I change with this magically enchanted ring. It's pretty much a must for any dragon that can afford it." She shows you a ring. "As to why, have you ever tried picking up a small pebble? Imagine trying to do so with multiple gold coin or anything else as small. And it's very hard to read anything the humans write while I'm this big, because the paper is too fragile and too thin for my claws."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Raikonai sighed again, looking at the man with a bored stare.

"And why do you live all the way out here? What kinds of places do you sell your fish to? What kinds of fish can be caught in here? Have you seen anything strange in these parts?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Probably keep it with the rest of the stuff in her corner if Gwairen doesn't want it back.)

Merysta thought about it. "That makes sense," she agreed. "Are rings like that common? Could I find one someday?" She was curious about what she looked like as a human.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Raikonai sighed again, looking at the man with a bored stare.

"And why do you live all the way out here? What kinds of places do you sell your fish to? What kinds of fish can be caught in here? Have you seen anything strange in these parts?"
"I live out here because I find it convenient, and in a way attractive to me." He reels in a fish.

"I sell them to villages and the city. Whichever buys for the most. Usually the villages." He drops the fish into his boat.

"The fish that can be caught here are typical freshwater fish, and the rare Ottmark Flat Fish." He holds the fish up for a second for you to see. It really is quite horizontally flat.

"I've not seen much around here. Swamps have little in them typically from what I've heard and experienced. If there's anything, it'll be underneath the water because I have never actually seen anything looking around." He throws his fishing rod bait and hook into the water again.

Merysta thought about it. "That makes sense," she agreed. "Are rings like that common? Could I find one someday?" She was curious about what she looked like as a human.
"Rings are common. The magical rings with this special enchantment are not. Humans, Elves, and Dwarves make the most mortal-made magical items. They usually do not have a reason to make rings to turn them into humans, so you'll usually have to make a special request."
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 136