Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210995 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Bump! And did we get everyones actions yet?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Bump!
Got back into Civ4 again (last time I played it, I was too young to understand anything), and I grabbed the Master of Mana mod and so far it's been as addicting as can be for me, and I didn't make ANY progress with the turn for the last two days. In addition, Starfarer got a new release, so I should be occupied for a bit.

I got the turn mostly done before that, though, and I plan to finish it today, assuming I can limit how much I play the mod.

And did we get everyones actions yet?
Yes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Keep hunting, try to learn something in the process
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know, I took a while. Like I said, the mod is addicting even if the AI is somewhat cruddy.

On the bright side, the game is potentially fueling certain fantasy drives that were for the most part depleted for this RTD.

...Anyway, time to get back into this! Tell me if I made any mistakes. Really.

Blade tail time eh?

"How about when its as big as you but very much longer dad?"
"Wait, What?" Your father walks towards you, but before he gets to you you charge the snake.

Initiative: You go first.

[Agi:6][Snake Agi:6-1]: You swing your bladed tail at lethal velocities towards the snake. The snake's attempts to dodge are masterful, but you risk a dangerous impact angle with your tail blade to make sure you hit, bringing down your blade on a section of the snake. [5+5=10 out of 2d5+5] You slice the snake dead center, nearly cutting it in half. It's not even nearly done, though. [6] Your tailblade smashes into the ground, but it does not break. Though it might have sustained internal fractures; it hurts strangely a little.

The snake responds to your attack and lunges at you! [Snake Agi:6-1][Agi:2] You are completely unprepared for the sheer speed of the snake's response as it bites down on your entire body. [8 out of 1d8] It nails you dead center, sinking every single tooth into your body. It is painful, and you are poisoned. The poison is potent, and the amount that got into your body is nothing to laugh at.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

+1 Agility.
-8 HP.
Heavily poisoned by mildly potent poison: Lose 2d3 HP per turn. Roll Toughness to reduce amount of poison remaining: 3 rolls worth of poison remain.

Not thinking too deeply on where the laughs came from Kin screams: "You think it's funny?! Try it yourselves!" He kept cleaning himself some more.

As soon as Kin got acceptably clean he tried to shake most of the water from his scales. Then he figured he should take a sort rest. Continuously walking on spongy ground and sticky mud did drain his strength. Hopefully he could find a somewhat firm ground to sleep on, otherwise he would have to rest by the lake.
You clean yourself up and lay down to rest, waiting for several hours.

Okay, you're ready to go.

((Fun fact: Originally, I had made your turn somewhat more interesting involving gods. Then I realized I was involving gods waaay too much in this RTD, sorry))

Anonymity is good. Let no one expect you or fear you until it is too late. As for now, however, Cevitil was in an empty spot. All he could really do is wait and perhaps try to learn a bit more information, although the information gathering didn't work out too well before.

Inquire about what Spymasters do. For now, simply watch all proceedings as close as possible and wait.
You ask the people about what spymasters do. They don't know much besides that spymasters command all the spies in the kingdom.

You don't get very close to the party initially on the first day. The guards block any chance to see what's going on for the first day.

But now it's the second day. The castle is open and the entire city is feasting. But the Baron, Duke, and Spymaster are nowhere to be seen--there are too many people. You'll have to guess where they are and go with it.

Merysta blinked. What was she doing? She could just go find another! She trotted back to the hoard to find another red gem and perhaps nap near the treasure.
You go back and find another red jasper. Not as nice as the last one though.

...Wait a second...

...It IS the last one. Man it rolled far.

You take a nap near the pile. Yay?

Anthramarux nodded. "It will be easier for me to lead us from the air, but I can ride with you a short time. You'll have to give me a quick shake down on battlefield movement.

Also, we'll need a way to communicate with each other-unless you have some exotic mind talking magic, I'll need to see your banner, Gunstun-and It will be big enough, that I'll need to see it from above. That horn will be good for summoning me from the air, if you need me.

Now, sir, let me stretch my wings...be back in a moment, my love."
She said, curtsying and smiling.

With that, she shifts her form. Claws, wings, teeth.

A cloak of cold follows. Her thoughts become steady and ordered. She takes off, beating her wings furiously. It's not hard to mentally begin to plot the armies route. The timing is harder. 10 minutes isn't a term Dragons really conceive-they live too long. So, she forces herself to count. It's annoying, and it barely seems she's gotten off the ground before she has to go back down...

She recalled Tarrans exact instruction.

...three miles southeast of here. North side of a mountain. South of your mother's home...

'Here' being the shrine, at the top of the mountain, it would be easy to lead them.

Action: Lead the army to the bandit camp on the most direct route, making sure to heed any tactical advice Gunstun gives me on army movement-make sure to circle the army, looking out for threats, like bandit scouts, monsters, etc. Align myself with Gunstuns banner, so I can find him quickly if I need too.
Gunstun seems taken aback by you saying "my love". Too fast?

Regardless, Gunstun tells you that standard Isrand armies move in thin, staggered lines--about two to ten men, depending on the size--if possible. So you look for any paths or flat ground.

No creatures or bandits even go near the army--several hundred angry dudes is not something anything, even a (sane) dragon such as yourself, would want to mess with on foot.

You eventually lead the army to the camp--man, humans traveling on foot is extremely slow by your standards. The army quickly surrounds the camp. The bandits are aware of this, but are trapped. Gunstun steps in front of his army, while the leader of the bandits also steps in front of his group.

((Also, I remembered that you have a dodging ring that I think I forgot to factor in when you were getting nailed by arrows. Oops. I suck balls and am not talls))

Aleia tried to get her horn unstuck. The net was too strong for her to break, so she just sat back and waited. Try to get horn unstuck, wait.
[Agi:1]: You attempt to free your horn, but you fail horrifically and force your neck in a very bad position. Your spine is stained painfully, though not even nearly fatally.

The creature then ties the net you're trapped in to the board, then gets back on the larger creature, and they start moving forward, dragging you along on the wood boards.

-1 Agility.

Observe mysterious shapes from hiding. And a safe distance.
You observe the spirits.

They do nothing. They just stand there. Watching. And waiting. You have a feeling they know where you are, not by sight, but by some other means... considering they seem to be looking at you. They don't advance, though.

'Silver...' thought Jaydenhal. 'I wonder if I could do something with this?'

Jaydenhal would attempt to break a small part of the boulder so that he could take some with him.
You try to break a small part of the boulder off, but fail. It seems mostly pure silver. It's also decently embedded in the ground and very heavy, which isn't helping.

Keep hunting, try to learn something in the process
[3]: You find nothing but thin rats. You learn that rats are not even nearly enough for your mother.

Quote from: Tiruin
Be born with large horns on a 'morn.
Location of birth: 8, Kingdom of Rihosis.

[6]: For all your life so far it's been very quiet besides a strange voice that occasionally talked to you. So when you hear multiple different voices, you are curious. It's about time to leave anyway.

Breaking out of your shell, you earn the shouts of surprise from multiple beings. Before you can do anything, you are shoved into something cold and metalic, with bars all around. You screech in surprise then are knocked out.

Several hours later, you awaken. You can see clearly now: There are several humanoid creatures standing around your metal prison. They are shouting at another... desperately. Your head aches somewhat.

[5]: Also, your father is still alive. Just thought you would want to know.

Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Allagon: Aleia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin: Noraiah (click to show/hide)

Enemy statuses:
Spoiler: (Ahra) Giant Snake (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:10:47 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

Bite.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do hope you're aware that you're risking getting another chunk of your health taken out of you and getting even more poisoned. You really could die. Testing it, 2d3 dice give about an average of 4 damage. You could die in 7 turns (or sooner) assuming you are lucky in killing the snake but unlucky against the poison.

On a side note, I should probably make a status for the snake. Just saying, it's probably a good idea Tarran.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 03:00:15 am by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Raikonai snorted slightly. Interesting.

Clearly they were either guardians of some sort or close enough. He wondered if they could be parleyed with; it probably couldn't hurt, if they weren't interested in advancing from their location.

"YOU THERE!" he bellowed. "What manner of beings are you?"

Cautiously approach within speaking distance of the shapes. Call out to them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Dragoness allowed herself a moment of chortling and petty glee. Foolish bandits! How dare they match wits with the great Anthramarux!

She circled down, and landed by Gunstun with a sizable thump and cloud of fine dust-a fashionable entrance, she believed, was necessary. She took in the moment to savor the bandits reactions-aside from the ones who had dulled their wits with some drug to mayhaps fashion themselves a less painful death. Most of them seem shocked-which wasn't surprising. No one ever expects justice to come for them. Many more were angry, ready to toss themselves on a pike rather than surrender. There was a good number who seemed to have given up hope, and were just waiting for the order to cast down their blades. The look she must enjoyed, and probably not as many as she had liked, was the general hatred toward the cigar smoking leader-who had led them on the suicidal path of defying her.

In truth, she was surprised they had not moved the camp. Logical discourse assumed one relocated their habitation if it was proven tactically unsound. They had apparently...just decided to stay.

Anthramarux motioned to the Bandit Leader. He didn't seem so cocky now...still, the Dragoness restrained her usual haughty tone-thought this was extremely difficult. She wanted the Bandit Leader dead, by her own claws (Failing that, watching his hanging would be educational). She would gladly go through the entire bandit horde to do so, but also knew that would cost lives of Isrand soldiers. Insofar as Anthramarux the Dragoness had a conscience (she really didn't), she knew that it would reflect poorly on her to the General if she earned more death than was needed. Thus, her tone was...courteous, and restrained. Sometimes quiet menace worked as well.

She growled, turning to the bandits.

"I present Honored Knight of the realm Gunstun, second-in-command of the knights of Albreac, and second-in-command of the Swordsborn, sovereign defender of our Land and High Commander of the Third Battalion. Isrand Rise!" She boomed, announcing Gunstun better than any banner bearer ever could have.

"Hmm. He will provide the terms of your surrender. I suggest you take them, manlings.." She finished, showing her teeth. Then, Anthramarux inclined her head to Gunstun, in a show of respect.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Peace,

Tranquility,

Solitude,

Serenity.

Noraiah was in the midst of all these, tucked within her shell, listening with blissful joy to the sounds that came around her. As her head popped up from her egg, she felt pain. Her first thoughts were muddled with fear and confusion. How did this happen?

As her eyelids opened, she was still afraid. Who were these creatures, what was with their harsh noise-holes? Why couldn't they sing the song of peace that so pervaded her life until now?

She stretched her muscles as she tried to make sense of what was around her.

Then, she screeches once more, at the beings.

Where was her mother? Where was her father?

((At the hatchling/baby stage, can a dragon use their breath power?

Edit: Lord Allagon appears in the map legend, twice.  :P))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:33:18 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Merysta woke up some hours later with a cute yawn... but there was no one around to see it. Gwairen was probably still in the library. She sighed and made a slight depression in a mound of coins to rest her red jasper in so it wouldn't get lost a second time. Next, she decided to explore... but she had already seen most of the cave. Perhaps there was something interesting outside of it. Merysta trotted out to find the entrance and take a look at the outside world, although she wasn't going to set talon outside just yet.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((At the hatchling/baby stage, can a dragon use their breath power?
Good question.

Personally, I haven't thought it out. Ah whatever, I'll just have it as: You have to be a child before you can use it/before you know you have it.

Edit: Lord Allagon appears in the map legend, twice.  :P))
Obviously there's a cloning operation going on.

...Ahem, copy+paste failure. One of them was supposed to be you.

but she had already seen most of the cave.
Not really. The caves of parents are infinite caverns of doom and wonders. Literally.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:16:19 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Sc: Yeah, Anthramarux found her mothers 'probably cursed treasure' pile and a room of magic death orbs. Someone else fell in a crack in the floor and broke their wing/leg/arm.

Lots of !!fun!! stuff. :P

Posted for reference.

Again with the orbs. Dwarmin, THERE ARE NO ORBS, THOSE WERE CRYSTALS!! SNARL, GROWL!!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Again with the orbs. Dwarmin, THERE ARE NO ORBS, THOSE WERE CRYSTALS!! SNARL, GROWL!!
Fun fact: Dwarmin edited the quote in a way which is strange because I'm not a dragon... at least as far as you guys know.

Anyway, two can play at that game.

Troll ORBS FTW trololololol

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Not really. The caves of parents are infinite caverns of doom and wonders. Literally.

The impression I had from initial exploration was: main section, entrance, library, and treasure hoard. In any case, in character Merysta has no way of knowing how big the cave is, and out of character I don't care and you're just quibbling. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and out of character I don't care and you're just quibbling. :-\
Well I'm sorry, but I have no way of knowing whether you believe something or are roleplaying based on how you made your post.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 136