Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210906 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 43: Burning Yourself, Retreating, Giant Snake.
« Reply #1440 on: April 19, 2012, 04:57:19 am »

Anthramarux shook her head and clawed the ground once, a bit flippantly.

"The arrow in my chest is embedded in my rib bones-it's just stuck there, not threatening anything vital. The second arrow went through and through, but nothing I won't survive-it didn't hit any arteries, or I guess I'd be dead.

Just remove them carefully, all right?"

Anthramarux could only hope the Humans superior manual dexterity could make up for their lack of knowledge on dragon anatomy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 19, 2012, 09:07:38 am »

Wait... and hopefully learn.
Learn ...what?

Attempt to send out an aura of confidence and friendliness.
How are you going to "send out" an aura of anything? You don't have godly powers to control minds.
Well, talk to people to learn about the Baron, the Spymaster, etcetera. Learn of the feast, what will happen after it, etcetera.

Also, by 'aura' of confidence and friendliness, I just mean act very confident and friendly as to hopefully ease any human who thinks I'm evil/going to kill them.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 19, 2012, 09:46:22 pm »

Go out and look for help, maybe a passing human might know what to do
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 19, 2012, 10:00:13 pm »

You're on a mountain tile, two tiles away from a city, near a sparsely populated mountain pass, near the edge of a nation. You're also way far away from any major roads (which wouldn't be going through the mountains). There's just plain not going to be any passing humans.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:05:01 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 44: Of Rifts, Swamps, Snakes, and Sucky Healers.
« Reply #1444 on: April 21, 2012, 01:32:54 pm »

Right. Yes. Turn.

Apologies for not getting this out earlier, life's been pretty dull for me lately. And I didn't really write it while I was doing miniturns. Ah well. Tell me if a fudged anything up in the turn.

Raikonai snorted. His first attempt at building a power base had failed, on account of his subjects being insolent, arrogant, dirtmongering worms with no interest in bettering themselves. He wondered, a bit maliciously, if their fetid dirt pile would just fester there forever or be wiped out by whatever subjects eventually accepted his rule.

Well, no matter. That region was dead, so he needed to think about another. Or at least, he needed to think about another once he'd had a chance to rest- all this flying was tiring him out.

Search through my forest on foot, trying to find anything interesting or unusual.
((Not forest, lake. You're on a lake tile))

[6]: In the thin stretch of land not underwater in the lake, there's a strange... rift in the fabric of the world somewhere near your home. No plants appear to be living about 10 meters around the rift. By the rift is a book and dozens of... blackened humanoid and non-humanoid 'spirits', patrolling around the book. Something inside you tells you to not go near there.

"DAD? WE HAVE A SNAKE PROBLEM" Look at it while staying the F away from it, size it up against myself and so on
"Snake problem? Come on son, what could a tiny snake possibly do to a dragon? You can't honestly be scared of it."

You look at it while backing up. It appears to be about your size in width and height, and magnitudes longer than you.

It looks at you and your shouting. It hisses and stares you down.

Derp. Lick my wounds and spend the turn resting up.
You lay down and try to lick your wounds through your scales. It doesn't work.

You rest, going to sleep and waking up a day later.

+8 HP

Merysta takes a femur to gnaw on and goes over to her mother to lie at her feet and chew on the bone, pretty much content with how things are going right now.
You gnaw on a femur and lie at your mother's side.

She looks at you for several minutes. She eventually gets bored, and attempts to sneak away from your side. You obviously notice her leaving, as she's several magnitudes larger than you.

Kin sighed. Of course something like this would happen. It was like some higher power was messing with him like there was no tomorrow. Looking around Kin saw nothing but water in front and swamp back. He played with the thought of swimming over the sea to the other side but touching the water told him it was chilly. "Besides", he said out loud, "I don't even know how far this will stretch out. I might end up drowning instead."

Taking a better look on his surroundings he saw that west had a better chance on going north than what east had. So he started walking northwest. Hopefully the travel would be worth the trouble.
You start walking northwest.

MORE SWAMP! YAAAAY!

Also, walking in the swamp without resting isn't really helping with your tired situation. You might tire yourself out again if you keep walking in this swamp.

Cevitil ponders his task. He has to get his targets all together, possibly after the feast, and shout Grathos' name. Logic says it should be fairly easy, but few things really are. For now, Cevitil will wait, and hopefully learn.

Wait... and hopefully learn. Attempt to send out an aura of confidence and friendliness. Maybe attempt to meet some friendly humans to have a discussion with... maybe?
You wait around and listen to the people to see what you can learn.

Nobody really knows anything about the spymaster (cause he's the spymaster), and they don't know much about the Baron and Duke, since they come from cities near the other end of the kingdom. The Duke is rumored to be good at using spies to forward his goals, while the Baron is young and generally generic. He's not very mighty, but can definitely handle what he's been given.

You learn that the feast is going to be on for two days, one day in the castle, the other in the streets and the castle. The first day will be the private feast--lords and wealthy nobles only, the second will be commoners and any nobles or lords that wish to attend.

What happens afterwards is everyone goes home.

[Cha:6+1][Diff:4]: Somehow, you convince the people that you are utterly harmless.

Notice how I used the word "utterly"?

Yeah, the people are beginning to treat you like a wimp. But at least nobody suspects you besides you being a dragon.

In addition, nobody hesitates to refuse your requests to enter places when they don't want you.

+2 Charisma.

Anthramarux shook her head and clawed the ground once, a bit flippantly.

"The arrow in my chest is embedded in my rib bones-it's just stuck there, not threatening anything vital. The second arrow went through and through, but nothing I won't survive-it didn't hit any arteries, or I guess I'd be dead.

Just remove them carefully, all right?"

Anthramarux could only hope the Humans superior manual dexterity could make up for their lack of knowledge on dragon anatomy.
"Right, well let's get started. Turi, you've got the one in her chest." The man rubs his hands together.

"Stand still." Turi says, yanking at the arrow harshly and quickly. [Turi Str:5] The arrow flies out of your chest. Painfully, but cleanly.

"Your turn, Irillion." Gunstun jokes. Irillion rolls his eyes, then pulls out a dagger. He swings it at the arrow, likely trying to cut it in half. [Irill Agi:1+1] his blade misses it's mark and cuts a scale off. It hurts a bit. Irillion curses, before trying again. [Irill Agi:5+1] He cleanly cleaves the arrow in half... causing the other half to mash around in your neck a bit. It hurts a lot, and you shout.

"Irillion, what are ya' doing?" Turi remarks, somewhat insultingly.

"Shut up you salvieri." He grabs the other half of the arrow and [Irill Agi:6+1] pulls it out so quickly that your neck starts bleeding extremely fast. Irillion's face turns to horror. Along with about everyone else around. You feel faint.

"Lonigan, heal her NOW!"

[Lonigan Int:3+1]: Lonigan casts a healing spell that partially closes your wounds. You're still bleeding.

"Hm, that won't do. Let me try again."

[Lonigan Int:4+1]: He casts another healing spell, which fully seals all of your wounds. You stop bleeding, after losing a lot of blood. You look pretty faint.

"Uhhh... are you alright there, Anthramrux?"

-4 HP.

You leave your cave and look around for help.

You find nobody. The area is devoid of humans.

Quote from: Lord Allagon
Be born. Happily!
Location of birth: 14, Kingdom of Heltia.

[6]: For a long time, you have been in this strange place. This tasty, dark, warm place. Though today, you feel as though it's time to leave. So you force your way out of your egg. Something's strange though--it's unusually bright.

As you force your way out, something shouts in surprise. Your eyes are blinded for a moment by... the sun? What are you doing outside? You continue forcing your way out, eventually flying out and rolling on the ground. Near you is a tall creature in strange fur. He carefully reaches to pet you.

[4]: You don't know it yet, but your father is still alive. And well.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lord Allagon: Aleia (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 21, 2012, 04:03:23 pm »

Blade tail time eh?

"How about when its as big as you but very much longer dad?"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:07:53 pm by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 21, 2012, 04:30:26 pm »

...Why did you color non-quoted text? Is that your action? Please don't color your action, it messes with my head.

Also, remember that some snakes have poison. Poison that I believe can kill men several times larger than them. And this snake is several times larger than you.

I'm just saying. Even with those godly amounts of hitpoints, fiddling with a snake many times larger than you is definitely very lethal.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 21, 2012, 04:38:37 pm »

Anthramarux felt a bit light headed and groggy. She shook her head. That was alot of blood. Did that all come from her, she wondered, feeling a bit...well, Dragons don't giggle. She felt like, totally roar-y. Whatever!

Oddly, she should have been angry, but wasn't. These Humans continued to confound her. Their concern for her life didn't seem feigned-they had seem moved by her pain, not in a sadistic sense, but out of...empathy. As a Dragon, she only understood the binary concepts-payment, debt, ownership, acquisition. Her time as a Human had altered her mindset, in a way...she could almost imagine feeling something like gratitude toward them, but her Draconic mind could not-would not-grasp it. Not yet, anyway.

"...All the blood would suggest otherwise, but I'll live...thanks to you manlings, I suppose. I was pressed for time."

She pointed to the three healers, something between a sneer and a scoff. Maybe the loss of blood was making her feel overly generous.

"..you three! Make sure you tell your children you treated the Dragoness Anthramarux this day...more or less. Assuming you're continued cooperation, I'll certainly feel...obliged to return the favor.

To set aside present annoyances, I will satisfy the debt to your nearly born kin, on a day of their choosing. Or, their descendants after that. As long the request is within reason. Sir Irillion's offspring should be extra polite to me, and perhaps bring gifts of their own."
She added, with a razor edge to her voice.

She turned to Gunstun. Steadying her wobbly vision by swaying her body a bit, swinging her tail back and forth slowly. That seemed to help.

"We should talk now, Sir Knight. Do you have place where we can speak in private? My powerful Dragon Magic can alter this form to something more suitable for indoors." she said flippantly, and lying extremely casually. She certainly didn't feel any weak Humanoid 'guilt' over lying. Not yet.

Quick-Action: Ask to speak to Gunstun now
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:44:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 21, 2012, 04:44:41 pm »

...Why did you color non-quoted text? Is that your action? Please don't color your action, it messes with my head.

Also, remember that some snakes have poison. Poison that I believe can kill men several times larger than them. And this snake is several times larger than you.

I'm just saying. Even with those godly amounts of hitpoints, fiddling with a snake many times larger than you is definitely very lethal.
ok... dont colour actions, just the bland white.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 21, 2012, 05:03:02 pm »

ok... dont colour actions, just the bland white.
...Care to fix your action right now? Most of the time when I complain about something, I prefer for it to be fixed as soon as possible. Including in things already posted.

Anthramarux felt a bit light headed and groggy. She shook her head. That was alot of blood. Did that all come from her, she wondered, feeling a bit...well, Dragons don't giggle. She felt like, totally roar-y. Whatever!

Oddly, she should have been angry, but wasn't. These Humans continued to confound her. Their concern for her life didn't seem feigned-they had seem moved by her pain, not in a sadistic sense, but out of...empathy. As a Dragon, she only understood the binary concepts-payment, debt, ownership, acquisition. Her time as a Human had altered her mindset, in a way...she could almost imagine feeling something like gratitude toward them, but her Draconic mind could not-would not-grasp it. Not yet, anyway.

"...All the blood would suggest otherwise, but I'll live...thanks to you manlings, I suppose. I was pressed for time."

She pointed to the three healers, something between a sneer and a scoff. Maybe the loss of blood was making her feel overly generous.

"..you three! Make sure you tell your children you treated the Dragoness Anthramarux this day...more or less. Assuming you're continued cooperation, I'll certainly feel...obliged to return the favor.

To set aside present annoyances, I will satisfy the debt to your nearly born kin, on a day of their choosing. Or, their descendants after that. As long the request is within reason. Sir Irillion's offspring should be extra polite to me, and perhaps bring gifts of their own."
She added, with a razor edge to her voice.

She turned to Gunstun. Steadying her wobbly vision by swaying her body a bit, swinging her tail back and forth slowly. That seemed to help.

"We should talk now, Sir Knight. Do you have place where we can speak in private? My powerful Dragon Magic can alter this form to something more suitable for indoors." she said flippantly, and lying extremely casually. She certainly didn't feel any weak Humanoid 'guilt' over lying. Not yet.

Quick-Action: Ask to speak to Gunstun now
Everyone, bored, seems to leave and get back to doing what an army does in peacetime: Laze about and spar a little. Except Gunstun. He talks to you.

"Yes, sure, I know a place."

Gunstun walks over to a building, and knocks. You follow. A man with glasses and greasy tools responds.

"Yes, Gun-woah, dragon."

"Wallo, we need your workshop for a moment."

"What! I'm busy!"

"Come on, just for a few minutes."

"I don't have that time to spare! The general wants the repeating ballista fixed in half an hour!"

Gunstun pushes Wallo out. "Hey!" He shouts, annoyed. He turns to you, and rolls his eyes before walking away.

"Here. This building is soundproofed because Wallo likes to work into the night, and it often wakes us up if he does it outside this building. Just mind the dirt and tools everywhere; Wallo doesn't often have visitors, so he doesn't clean all that often."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:05:01 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 21, 2012, 05:25:49 pm »

Anthramrux stepped into the workshop-transforming into her Human form in midstride, and closing the door behind her.

Ow. Ow. That was why Humans screamed so much. Being in a Human was painful.

She felt the familiar wash of conflicting, annoying emotions streaming into her mind-but they were not entirely unwelcome. She looked Gunstun up and down. Why has she noticed these things before? The strands of brown in his sandy beard-the callouses on his unarmored hands-the way he stood tall and straight, even in armor, even if it must be painful at times to bear such weight...much like Sir Arillis before. She was intrigued. But...more careful this time. Humans could be afraid of the unknown.

"Don't be afraid, Sir Gunstun-It's certainly still me...So, quite radiant, don't you think?

Absolutely stunning, you should say. You *should* say that. Compliment me? Isn't this form beautiful?

Much better for doing business with your kind, I've found."
she asked, raising one eyebrow and smiling-and gauging his reaction to her change.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 21, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »

Anthramrux stepped into the workshop-transforming into her Human form in midstride, and closing the door behind her.

Ow. Ow. That was why Humans screamed so much. Being in a Human was painful.

She felt the familiar wash of conflicting, annoying emotions streaming into her mind-but they were not entirely unwelcome. She looked Gunstun up and down. Why has she noticed these things before? The strands of brown in his sandy beard-the callouses on his unarmored hands-the way he stood tall and straight, even in armor, even if it must be painful at times to bear such weight...much like Sir Arillis before. She was intrigued. But...more careful this time. Humans could be afraid of the unknown.

"Don't be afraid, Sir Gunstun-It's certainly still me...So, quite radiant, don't you think?

Absolutely stunning, you should say. You *should* say that. Compliment me? Isn't this form beautiful?

Much better for doing business with your kind, I've found."
she asked, raising one eyebrow and smiling-and gauging his reaction to her change.
He raises his eyebrows.

"Certainly... impressive. Also quite nice looking, miss." He says, in a unusual way. Non-insulting, but still distancing. [Int:3+2]: He is somewhat turned off by your excessive, blatant vanity. He's trying to avoid encouraging your vanity without insulting you. Hm.

"Now... you wanted to talk about something in private?" He shrugs.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 21, 2012, 08:41:55 pm »

Now that Jaydenhal thought about it, he hadn't really left the cave and gone exploring very much. Well, why not remedy that? Jaydenhal began walking to the cave entrance, intent on discovering what he could around the surrounding area.

Exit the cave, explore the area around the cave, and memorize it. While doing this, search for anything that might peak my interest.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 21, 2012, 08:53:16 pm »

Anthramarux shifted her weight, eyeing him casually. Smart man. Good looking man. Flush of satisfaction. She suppressed the sudden, irrational urge to lean forward and sink her teeth into his neck, though she did licks her lips a bit. Mmm...

Ahem, but, down to business.

"Yes, I did.

Those arrows you pulled out of me were shot by a large group of bandits, some ways away from here. I'd like you and your mens help in clearing them out.

They a were sizable band, almost 40 of them give or take-and they had constructed a sort of base, that seemed permanent enough. Which means, they're a certain threat to *our* country. That's the reason we need to destroy them...

Personally, I've been contracted by a higher power to retrieve a certain item from the bandits horde. In the end, this is a mission that suits us both. What do you think, Sir Gunstun?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 22, 2012, 01:00:49 am »

Merysta noticed Gwairen moving away and happily trotted after her, bone in mouth. Maybe her mother would lead her somewhere with more interesting stuff to play with! Even as a baby dragon, she felt an instinct for riches... perhaps Gwairen was heading to the main part of the hoard? Intrigued and happy to be at her mother's side, she watched Gwairen as she followed along.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 136