Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210807 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 41: Massive Trees, Dragon Parents, Bluff Success.
« Reply #1305 on: March 30, 2012, 08:24:25 pm »

@Tarran: All taken together, that does mean she's really cooperative and willing to help and deal with others...when you do exactly what she says, and don't dare insult her. Otherwise she eats you. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 30, 2012, 08:36:50 pm »

Ah.

Remind me to never ever speak to her even if she talks to me if I ever see her in real life. Yikes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 30, 2012, 09:53:28 pm »

Oh god testing. Anyways, if I'm still in (honestly not sure if I am.)
Yes, you are. See the last turn. You're still in there...
Ah. It appears that there are several mini-turns, then.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 30, 2012, 09:57:20 pm »

Yep. Miniturns aren't considered real turns in multiple ways. You can completely ignore miniturns and still play the game if you want to, but it's not recommended simply due to the fact that you'll get a lot more done in a shorter amount of time and turns.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 30, 2012, 10:34:49 pm »

Hm, I think I'll sign up for a spot on the waitlist.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 30, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »

Le gasp, an escaped lunatic has taken residence in the thread! :o

Added to the waiting list.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 31, 2012, 07:43:37 am »

Curl up and go to sleep, hope things get better
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 31, 2012, 08:49:22 am »

Hm, I think I'll sign up for a spot on the waitlist.
Welcome to the den of madness (Wait, thats the Df discussion and Dev-22, forgive me)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 01, 2012, 05:05:01 am »

I think I'll just continue Derm's conversation (because honestly, it's just talking), then I'll work on an actual turn instead of doing another miniturn.

"I see. Why is there a shrine all the way out here, anyway?"
"...I just felt like this was a nice place. I am a goddess, it's not like I'm wasting anything.

Now, for a question for you: What are you doing all the way out here, anyway?"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 01, 2012, 07:06:53 am »

ptw
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34:18 am »

Wait, so one can opt to do stuff in a mini-turn instead of an actual turn? Or do you decide what constitutes a mini-turn, like conversations and such?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 01, 2012, 12:08:13 pm »

"Exploring. The old cave gets a bit boring, and this seemed interesting. There's also a castle over there and that lake down there. Very scenic, I might even move in. Do you know anything about the castle or lake? I'm heading over there next."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:21 pm »

ptw
???

Wait, so one can opt to do stuff in a mini-turn instead of an actual turn? Or do you decide what constitutes a mini-turn, like conversations and such?
I decide. Miniturns are actions that fit these following rules among others:

1: Does not move a tile.
2: Does not have a any chance to require serious rolling*.
3: Does not have combat.

*Serious rolling is defined as either rolling that will affect stats of any type, a creature or a player might get hurt that turn (either intentionally by the player or by external sources), or having many dice rolls.

I will never accept miniturn requests.

"Exploring. The old cave gets a bit boring, and this seemed interesting. There's also a castle over there and that lake down there. Very scenic, I might even move in. Do you know anything about the castle or lake? I'm heading over there next."
"That lake is of my creation. As to the castle, it was made by humans calling themselves the Duvv many years before your birth. It was then occupied by the Solari Empire before their collapse. Then it ultimately fell to shambles as the lord of the castle, his serfs, and his followers left the area due to the lack of any natural resources and the simultaneous collapse of the Solari Empire. The Kingdom of Iberia never reclaimed the castle. I believe there might still be treasure there, but unless you can shrink yourself to human size, you likely won't be able to get to it without causing a collapse somewhere. Collapses when on a sharp cliff, as you may imagine, are not good."
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:28:03 pm by Tarran »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 01, 2012, 01:47:28 pm »

"I don't suppose you would know of a way for me to shrink myself, do you?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 01, 2012, 02:13:25 pm »

"A polymorphing ring or spell could turn you into a human, but good luck finding a ring that turns you into a human among a human population without a special order for obvious reasons. There might also be a shrinking ring somewhere on this world but I don't think many people would find too much use for it so it's likely the rarer of the two, though the shrinking spell itself is certainly not uncommon."
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 136