Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210786 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 41: Massive Trees, Dragon Parents, Bluff Success.
« Reply #1290 on: March 28, 2012, 08:07:04 pm »

then

Lick at the wound, maybe it will go away
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 29, 2012, 04:06:44 am »

Raikonai padded around his new home, getting comfortable. He felt like claiming it officially, but sitting in it was the only way he could think of to do that.

...which raised an obvious question. What should he do to claim it? Or rather, what should he do now? His hunt for a home had yielded success; now he needed something to do with it.

Power, he supposed. Food was another option, but he could probably just hunt and kill things in the woods for that. Or fish them out of the lake. Or purchase or extort them out of whoever he could claim dominion over or use as allies. Yes, power was the next thing, and to get it, he needed to find people.

Search for a nearby settlement or sentient, potentially useful creature's lair. A village, bandit camp, witch's hovel, or necromancer's den would all qualify, for instance.
[3]: You search around and around for people but the area seems pretty much devoid of humanoids or magical creatures. Bummer.

The baby dragon slinked over to the pile of magical artifacts, drawn to the most valuable stuff by her draconic instincts like a magpie was drawn to glittery things. After a few moments of trying to crawl into the pile, she let out a frustrated whine and started scrabbling at it. Something was dislodged from the top of the pile and went rolling off; the ADD-riddled Merysta immediately went chasing it. It clinked off of her mother's claws and she pounced on it. But now that she had it, what was it? Her eyes weren't fully used to seeing yet; all she could make out was that it was solid, shiny, and a little heavy for her. She turned it over in her claws, sniffed it, took a bite and stuck her tongue out in disgust, then sniffed it again while getting her face closer to look at it.

(I'm curious as to what this will turn out to be, though I doubt Gwairen will let Merysta keep it. :3)
[2]: You mess around with a magical artifact. Nothing of interest appears to happen as you fail to activate the magical artifact. Good thing, too, you could have gotten hurt.

Your mother suddenly yanks you away from the artifact. "No, don't do that! These are not toys! You could hurt yourself!"

OOC: Oops. Might as well put it into action form, if this isn't going into mini-turns for me.

Anthramarux snorted. Enough sneaking!

She marched up to the duelists, gesturing toward them sparring bandits.

"Don't stop on my account! I was rather enjoying the show!

Anyway, once you are both are done killing each other, I have a business proposition..."

She flicked her wings testily, preparing to fly if they did something...stupid.

Action: Try to get the bandits attention peaceably, to open negotiation.
You attract the attention of all the bandits. They look at you with a look of hostility in their eyes.

One bald bandit with a cigar looks at you with distrust. Everyone else does something... strange. You don't know what, but-... oh. Everyone armed themselves without you noticing. There's more than enough crossbows and bows among the group to give you a fair bit of pain, and definitely enough melee weapons to tear you to pieces. You'll want to watch your words here.

The one with the cigar responds in a gruff voice. "What kind of... 'proposition', do you have in mind?

"Look around, and try to think this damn horn trough about what it is"
"Son... I can't let you go outside. It's dangerous out there. You could get hurt by a bear or a lion."

"So, what other gods are there? I've met a priest or five of another, but I don't know the majority of them."
"Well, there's Annia, the goddess of the Sun and Heat. She works with me. There's also Saharia, the goddess of Night and Cold. She also works with me. Then there's Karlos, the god of Wealth, who created Wealth, Greed and Dwarves; Ona, the goddess of Medicine, Healing, and Nature; Dastran, god of War and warriors; Magdost, the god of Violent Crimes; Lallos, or Lallosa, the god... or goddess of Dark Pleasures--it depends on his mood, s... he tends to change his--or her--gender a lot; Grandar, the god of Justice; Olden, god of Magic; Salar, goddess of the Underworld; Banther, god of Punishment and Pain; Amunia, goddess of Dreams; and her close 'sister' Qualina, goddess of Nightmares; Varnos, goddess of Thieves; Pringos, god of Plague and Decay; Man'ahh, goddess of Love; Anharah, goddess of Honor; Pahhosag, god of Chaos; and of course, my 'father', Tarran, God of Gods, Emotions, and Life.

...There's also... my and Man'ahh's darker relatives. The Forbidden gods, Patho Akh, The Eraser; Inn'ahar, The Corrupter; Val'Suul, The Destroyer; and Vi'ahn, The Enemy. I really do not suggest worshiping them. Or talking to them. Although they are closely related to me and Man'ahh, their goals and personalities are vastly different."

then

Lick at the wound, maybe it will go away
You lick at the wounds.

...It does not stop bleeding. In fact, it bleeds more. It was already clotting up, now you made it all wet again.

...At least you tried?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:57 am »

"Bear, lion?, can i atleast get an leaf? im wondering if this thing will do anything to it"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:43:51 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 29, 2012, 08:32:07 am »

'Are they...' thought Jaydenhal, as he hid in his hiding place. Maybe they were his parents?

Think "Do they look like me?", and then come out of hiding if they did.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 29, 2012, 10:20:22 am »

Merysta whined as she was lifted into the air, claws waving for some sort of solid ground to put them on. None seemed to be forthcoming however, and her cries weren't getting her anywhere, so she shut up and took another look around. Her eyesight was getting better, and she was able to make her surroundings quite a bit more clearly now. Her attention was chiefly occupied by the large gold dragon holding her in the air with her claws. Merysta extended her neck out to sniff the dragon a few times. The scent was calming, and familiar, and she relaxed almost immediately as she recognized the dragon as her mother. Experimentally, she flapped her wings while being held up, to get a feel for them and being in the air.

Merysta attempts to wiggle from her mother's grasp and glide to the ground. If she does get free, whether or not she crashes she'll find a small pile of the silver treasure to take a nap on. If she doesn't get free, she'll merely watch/listen to Gwairen attentively.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 29, 2012, 10:24:08 am »

"Hm, what are your goals then?"

I have no idea what I want to do here.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 29, 2012, 10:55:18 am »

Anthramarux chuckled.

"Well, you lot have appropriated a certain item of great value to me. I'd like it back. It is a trifling thing-not worth the trouble I'll certainly be forced to cause you if you don't give it back.

I'm willing to deal with you, to save unnecessary casualties. Before you respond, ask yourselves if it's worth the attention of a Dragon to keep a single piece of treasure. Ask yourselves, how many of you will die-your followers, your allies? Then, remind yourselves of who is between you and a knife in the back.

Realistically, You face the death of your band-I have no problem hunting you to the ends of the Earth. All of you. So, think-and consider my offer.

All I ask is for this single piece. Do the math. Give me what I want, and I'l leave you in peace. Otherwise, we go to war.

And, War is bad for business, isn't it? Let's make a deal. I'm willing to bargain-but only for today.

What say you?"

She didn't honestly expect them to listen to reason...in that case, she was ready, a caustic bile beginning to from with her second stomach. Her claws idly pawed at the dust at her feet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 30, 2012, 04:59:36 am »

"Bear, lion?, can i atleast get an leaf? im wondering if this thing will do anything to it"
"Oh alright, you can get a leaf. Just be careful and don't go too far. You had me worried several years ago when... mother..."

Father looks away.

'Are they...' thought Jaydenhal, as he hid in his hiding place. Maybe they were his parents?

Think "Do they look like me?", and then come out of hiding if they did.
You look at yourself. You're cyan, they're red and chartreuse. Thus, they must not look like you from what you can tell about yourself.

You continue hiding.

Merysta whined as she was lifted into the air, claws waving for some sort of solid ground to put them on. None seemed to be forthcoming however, and her cries weren't getting her anywhere, so she shut up and took another look around. Her eyesight was getting better, and she was able to make her surroundings quite a bit more clearly now. Her attention was chiefly occupied by the large gold dragon holding her in the air with her claws. Merysta extended her neck out to sniff the dragon a few times. The scent was calming, and familiar, and she relaxed almost immediately as she recognized the dragon as her mother. Experimentally, she flapped her wings while being held up, to get a feel for them and being in the air.

Merysta attempts to wiggle from her mother's grasp and glide to the ground. If she does get free, whether or not she crashes she'll find a small pile of the silver treasure to take a nap on. If she doesn't get free, she'll merely watch/listen to Gwairen attentively.
You wiggle out of your mother's hand and [Agi:3] plummet slowly to the ground, botching your gliding slightly, but not enough to even hurt you.

You run away again, much to the eternal dismay of your mother. You run to the silver treasure room and sleep on the very uncomfortable silver coins, cups, plates, bowls, forks, spoons... and just general uncomfortable stuff. How you actually manage to fall asleep on it is a mystery.

"Hm, what are your goals then?"
The goddess pauses for a long time.

"Nothing that I could explain to a mortal, I apologize. Definitely benign in the eyes of the other gods, though, because otherwise I would be a Forbidden god. And if it's benign even in Grandar's eyes, chances are it won't be something bad in your eyes."

Anthramarux chuckled.

"Well, you lot have appropriated a certain item of great value to me. I'd like it back. It is a trifling thing-not worth the trouble I'll certainly be forced to cause you if you don't give it back.

I'm willing to deal with you, to save unnecessary casualties. Before you respond, ask yourselves if it's worth the attention of a Dragon to keep a single piece of treasure. Ask yourselves, how many of you will die-your followers, your allies? Then, remind yourselves of who is between you and a knife in the back.

Realistically, You face the death of your band-I have no problem hunting you to the ends of the Earth. All of you. So, think-and consider my offer.

All I ask is for this single piece. Do the math. Give me what I want, and I'l leave you in peace. Otherwise, we go to war.

And, War is bad for business, isn't it? Let's make a deal. I'm willing to bargain-but only for today.

What say you?"

She didn't honestly expect them to listen to reason...in that case, she was ready, a caustic bile beginning to from with her second stomach. Her claws idly pawed at the dust at her feet.
[Intim:2][Difficulty:4]: Everyone looks at another for a second, before they look at you again. They weren't phased much.

The bandit with the cigar spits it on the ground. All of a sudden at least a one and a half dozen crossbows and bows are aimed at you. They're all loaded.

"Proposition my ass, you're making a threat! Let me remind you that there are enough of us to make you a pincushion and enough to cut you into red ribbons. One of us also did Adept school in Ice magic, and is more than willing to freeze you solid or put an ice spike in your skull. Now, are you actually going to offer a proposition and tell me what you want and what you're going to pay for it, or am I going to have to kick your ass out of here?" He unsheathes a particularly nasty looking sabre. It looks magical.

The bandits from the outer patrols are quite close now: Barely within range of bows or crossbows. In addition, a several more bandits walk out of the buildings nearby, wondering why everyone outside is no longer cheering, and wondering why there are people waving their hands around in the distance. They, for the moment, appear unaware of you.

[Int:2+2]: You're unsure of the exact chances you have, but while you're sure you could kill a dozen or so with your acid if you're lucky, and kill about as much with your claws, you're also sure that if you fight your chances of survival are very low: there's just too many of them. And you're sure that there's going to be a lot of pain in bolts and arrows, even if you try to fly away.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 30, 2012, 05:43:24 am »

Antharmarux sneers.

"To the death, then."

Action: Spray a wide angle of acid at my foes to try and cover my escape-the intent is to blind, maim or disorient, not kill outright.

Take off flying-make sure to do so evasively to dodge missile projectiles.

Retreat from the camp.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:45:37 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 30, 2012, 08:04:49 am »

Jaydenhal looked out from his hiding place. Okay, they don't have the same color as he did, but they may be able to help him.

Jaydenhal would come out of hiding.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 30, 2012, 08:06:39 am »

"I... understand father" go outside and pluck an branch off an tree and shove it in, or find some water to place in the horn
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 30, 2012, 08:23:43 am »

Oh god testing. Anyways, if I'm still in (honestly not sure if I am.)

Cevitil attempts to pass the time exploring the city, and is possible doing helpful, menial tasks for people. Try to make some contacts, friends (as much as a dragon can have relations with humans, anyway), and don't show ill intent. Or try not to.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 30, 2012, 10:44:27 am »

"I see. Why is there a shrine all the way out here, anyway?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 30, 2012, 01:04:30 pm »

Merysta slept for all of two hours, then woke up and went back to more formally meet her mother. Hopefully she would also be taught the fundamentals of speech, so she could communicate as well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 30, 2012, 03:50:15 pm »

Antharmarux sneers.

"To the death, then."
You know, with such a high intelligence, and a Cooperative personality, your character sure is quick to fight.

Then again, right. You're also Combative and Vain. So... I guess it makes sense?

Oh god testing. Anyways, if I'm still in (honestly not sure if I am.)
Yes, you are. See the last turn. You're still in there...
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 136