Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210783 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 41: Massive Trees, Dragon Parents, Bluff Success.
« Reply #1275 on: March 27, 2012, 12:04:54 am »

(Sorry if it's vague, I just want a general idea of stuff in my vicinity to mess with.)
Hm, fine. Not like there's too much to talk about in your immediate vicinity anyway.

Request to learn a higher tier, slightly more advanced than what I have already learned, but nothing too high, of plain Offensive, Medium to Long Range spell from the school of Heat Magic.

Descriptive enough?
Yes.

Uh, thank you.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 27, 2012, 12:09:07 am »

You're welcome.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 27, 2012, 06:09:05 am »

Try to wake it up
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 27, 2012, 06:28:17 am »

... yea, i can only think of putting the damn thing on one of my horns and go exploring southwards cause i suck at these things
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 27, 2012, 08:04:16 am »

-edited-
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:50:32 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:40 am »

"It is all in the past. May I ask why I am suddenly soggy?"
The rain stops.

"Oh, sorry. Weather is usually tied to my feelings, and I've been around for a very long time without noticing the effects personally, so I'm usually unaware of changes."

Merysta, completely unaware that she might be in danger, crawls out of her egg and starts looking around her mother's lair like the newborn she is.
You look around your immediate area, much to the surprise of your mother. She follows you.

[5][3][4]: You find a room with a pile of strange things (magical artifacts), another room with shiny white things (silver treasure), and a room full of... pretty much nothing besides a few oddly colored rocks.

Request to learn a higher tier, slightly more advanced than what I have already learned, but nothing too high, of plain Offensive, Medium to Long Range spell from the school of Heat Magic.
You ask her to teach you a new spell. She does so.

You think that you've learn the spell Heat Wave: Raises temperature of target by 150 degrees for a quarter of a minute.

Of course, you still need to cast it yourself before you're sure if you've learned it.

Try to wake it up
You push the large dragon a little. It looks at you miserably, saying nothing. You now notice the massive bleeding on the creature and cracked scales.

... yea, i can only think of putting the damn thing on one of my horns and go exploring southwards cause i suck at these things
You put the horn on your head and leave your cave to-

"Where are you going son?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 28, 2012, 04:03:02 am »

Thank the woman, before heading south-east one tile to find SOMETHING to practise my new magic spells on.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 28, 2012, 04:21:33 am »

Raikonai padded around his new home, getting comfortable. He felt like claiming it officially, but sitting in it was the only way he could think of to do that.

...which raised an obvious question. What should he do to claim it? Or rather, what should he do now? His hunt for a home had yielded success; now he needed something to do with it.

Power, he supposed. Food was another option, but he could probably just hunt and kill things in the woods for that. Or fish them out of the lake. Or purchase or extort them out of whoever he could claim dominion over or use as allies. Yes, power was the next thing, and to get it, he needed to find people.

Search for a nearby settlement or sentient, potentially useful creature's lair. A village, bandit camp, witch's hovel, or necromancer's den would all qualify, for instance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1283 on: March 28, 2012, 04:36:24 am »

Kin now regretted he had left his parents lair. Sure, he would get a yelling now and then from his father and a look of dislike from his mother but it were at the very least warmer and food was overflowing. Maybe he should return. Naaah.
Kin decided to talk a bit more to John. "Do you know of any settlement that would enjoy having a dragon as a neighbor?"

If John has any direction Kin will take the first one otherwise he will start flying back and from there start his journey north.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 28, 2012, 05:06:04 am »

The baby dragon slinked over to the pile of magical artifacts, drawn to the most valuable stuff by her draconic instincts like a magpie was drawn to glittery things. After a few moments of trying to crawl into the pile, she let out a frustrated whine and started scrabbling at it. Something was dislodged from the top of the pile and went rolling off; the ADD-riddled Merysta immediately went chasing it. It clinked off of her mother's claws and she pounced on it. But now that she had it, what was it? Her eyes weren't fully used to seeing yet; all she could make out was that it was solid, shiny, and a little heavy for her. She turned it over in her claws, sniffed it, took a bite and stuck her tongue out in disgust, then sniffed it again while getting her face closer to look at it.

(I'm curious as to what this will turn out to be, though I doubt Gwairen will let Merysta keep it. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:08 am »

OOC: Oops. Might as well put it into action form, if this isn't going into mini-turns for me.

Anthramarux snorted. Enough sneaking!

She marched up to the duelists, gesturing toward them sparring bandits.

"Don't stop on my account! I was rather enjoying the show!

Anyway, once you are both are done killing each other, I have a business proposition..."

She flicked her wings testily, preparing to fly if they did something...stupid.

Action: Try to get the bandits attention peaceably, to open negotiation.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 28, 2012, 06:48:11 am »

Would the hatching know that pressure can speed up clotting? if so

Put pressure on the wound if possible
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 28, 2012, 07:40:26 am »

"Look around, and try to think this damn horn trough about what it is"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 28, 2012, 09:48:35 am »

"So, what other gods are there? I've met a priest or five of another, but I don't know the majority of them."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 28, 2012, 02:22:33 pm »

Would the hatching know that pressure can speed up clotting? if so
No. A hatching barely knows anything besides maybe a few basics.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 136