Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210787 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

"Oh, okay thanks father" place random pebble in the horn
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Check the cave, but be careful
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Well, Azkul said no. SC, you're in next turn.

Anyway, miiiinni turn. Will be final one before next turn.

Scientia blinks, startled.
"Um, hello, voice! I don't suppose you could tell me who you are? I mean, this is pretty obviously a shrine, but..."

"Why, how ignorant of you mortal. You should know your gods! Ah well, I suppose I can forgive you, I am not often thought of by many, except when it rains... I am Mai'vah, goddess and creator of Weather. I am also the creator of Water, Fire, and Wind." Mai'vah says, varying from cold-hearted, to kind, to sad. And then the shrine starts snowing again.

Learn more advanced Heat magic.
You learn 'more advanced' heat magic.

So... yeah. You're kinda giving me an extremely vague action. So I return with an extremely vague turn.

"Oh, okay thanks father" place random pebble in the horn
You place a pebble in the horn.

Nothing seems to happen. It just appears to hit the bottom. The bottom appears to be unusually dark compared to the pebble.

Check the cave, but be careful
You stagger into the cave.

Inside lies a battered, bloodied older dragon. Presumably your mother? Don't know.

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

I don't believe I was ever that mean in any of my RTDs... It's 'vague' because it's simple. The only thing I could add to my action is RP/filler writing (which I'm too tired to do right now because of shit happening IRL) or the word 'spells' at the very god damned end. If you're trying to get me to quit, Tarran, you're doing a bloody wonderful job of it.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Ach. Can I be the mediator here?

@Talarion: Perhaps being a bit more specific would help. Such as "I wish to learn how to create small, hand sized flames". Tarran can't exactly do anything with a shotgun approach to trying to learn something. I understand by the content of your post, that you're under stress. Take a small break, maybe-or get some sleep. Getting into a scuffle here will not help your mood.

@Tarran: You could also do with less snark. It's clear that's not helping at all. We all know you're a moody GM...but, it's clearly not appreciated here by Talarion. He's obviously have a bad day/week/year whatever. Lay off, please? Cause, I know your instincts are probably telling you to attack right now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Sorry, I don't really know any of the gods. Or much of anything, really. My parents died when I was young, and there are few sources to find in the mountains. Greetings, Mia'vah, I am Scientia Addo, Dragon. Ah... are you alright?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Approach, with a soft step, is the elder dragon actually breathing?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

"I did? Do you think I could take some back then or would that be rude? Or maybe get its worth in food?"

Depending on what Grandar says Kin will fly back to the city. If Kin can get some precious material back he will do so, or get its worth in food. Otherwise he will ask John for the possibility of a trade between him and the city and the feasibility, in other words if Kin can protect the city they will pay him back with precious material and/or food.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cevitil hadn't counted on this. He had to think fast: what would not make Cevitil seem as if he had ill intent, and at the same time be good enough that the guard believed it? Hmm... think humble, think humble... and maybe a little naive.

"I come to explore the world! And I've always heard wonderful stories about Anvanar; its good food, interesting people, and stout guards who ensure the safety of even the most hunted man. Is it no wonder that I would come to see it?"

If the bluff works, Cevitil will finish the conversation with the guard and see if the guard has anything else to say, and then touch down and enter the city, again, to look for information about the King's Feast or the 3 men he must kill... no, deliver justice to.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

"Oh what the sodding..." Put it on my head, touch the inside with my claws, bring it out into the sun, into darkness
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's 'vague' because it's simple.
'It's vague because it's simple'? ...What? I don't understand your reasoning here.

The only thing I could add to my action is RP/filler writing (which I'm too tired to do right now because of shit happening IRL) or the word 'spells' at the very god damned end.
And you could have added plenty of stuff to the end of your post. Such as the actual level of spells you want to learn, what kind of spells you want to learn, if you want to learn from a sub school, etc.

As it stands, you left me with an action with no upper limit and a very vague bottom limit. So, for example, you could have meant a spell just slightly more complex, or you could have meant a spell only a god could cast. I don't like choosing somewhere between that. You also did not mention if you wanted to know spells and if so what type, which left me with lots of additional directions.

You're giving me near limitless choices, what am I supposed to do?

@Tarran: You could also do with less snark. It's clear that's not helping at all. We all know you're a moody GM...but, it's clearly not appreciated here by Talarion. He's obviously have a bad day/week/year whatever. Lay off, please? Cause, I know your instincts are probably telling you to attack right now.
Who's saying I'm being snark? Perhaps you both need to read my post in a different voice? Perhaps annoyed but trying to prove a point instead of snark?

Regardless, yes, maybe I could have wrote the post in a less offensive way. But I was tired at the time and Tal had been doing this intense vagueness in previous turns. Also doesn't help that Tal's needed a decent amount of PMs in the past. I tend to loose my temper when someone repeatedly annoys me.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:09:27 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 41: Massive Trees, Dragon Parents, Bluff Success.
« Reply #1271 on: March 26, 2012, 11:20:03 pm »

Tal doesn't want to post an action?

Well, okay. Miniturns still count.

I apologize a little for taking so long. Ah well. Laziness. That is all.

Raikonai snorted. A lake wasn't really a proper place for a dragon's lair, but it had it's advantages. Among them, it seemed a bit on the unusual and exotic side, which he liked. A dragon who owned a lake? Yes, that could do...

Of course, the reason a lake wasn't a proper place for a dragon's lair was that there weren't many caves. Once he had an army of slaves he could simply build himself a grand palace or somesuch, but in the meantime he needed a hole to sleep and store treasures in.

Search for a suitable home near the lake. Ideally, I think a hollow among the roots of a great tree would be preferable, but a cave, hill I could burrow into, or even just an unusually dense stand of trees could suffice for now.

If I find anything, take preliminary steps to make it more liveable, be that digging it into existence in the first place or just cleaning it out a bit.

[5]: Hollow underneath the roots of a great tree? Well, how about a hollow underneath the roots of one of the largest trees on the planet?

In other words, you find a tree so tall that it could dwarf your two parents standing straight up combined, and so large that a hut could comfortably sit inside it. And so heavy that it falling would shake the earth for miles and create enormous waves if it hits the water.

Better yet, the hollow is so large that it's livable already.

And, it doesn't seem to be occupied!

Today is your lucky day for sure.

Jaydenhal would try to lose the bear, hiding inside whatever hiding place he believed would be safest.  He would also scream for rescue, surely his Parents HAVE to be close by?
You try to hide inside one of the hiding places. [Agi:2+1][4]: You stumble and slip, before finding a place to hide, screaming for help.

Help comes in the form of heavy thumping towards you, which scares the bear away.

Two massive creatures appear in front of you, and they appear to be looking for something. They do not know where you are you guess.

Anthramarux faded back into the shadows. Never easy, she supposed...

Action: Sneak around to an unwatched side of the building, go Dragon form, and try to use my acid breath to melt and smash a small hole through the building-look for a weak spot. Crawl through in Human form once it's safe.
You sneak to an unwatched side of the building, then turn into dragon form. [6]: Of course, it doesn't take much to see a dragon in the middle of a few rocks and buildings. One of the outer patrols shouts at you. [3]: This causes the sparring bandits to stop and listen intently. The outer patrols continue shouting, but the bandits that were sparring can't understand them.

For now.

It's now or never. Should you continue going for the scales?

"Sorry, I don't really know any of the gods. Or much of anything, really. My parents died when I was young, and there are few sources to find in the mountains. Greetings, Mia'vah, I am Scientia Addo, Dragon. Ah... are you alright?"
"Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry to hear about your parents, though." Suddenly, the area around you starts raining.

Approach, with a soft step, is the elder dragon actually breathing?
Yes, the dragon is indeed breathing. Shallowly.

"I did? Do you think I could take some back then or would that be rude? Or maybe get its worth in food?"

Depending on what Grandar says Kin will fly back to the city. If Kin can get some precious material back he will do so, or get its worth in food. Otherwise he will ask John for the possibility of a trade between him and the city and the feasibility, in other words if Kin can protect the city they will pay him back with precious material and/or food.
"It would definitely be rude, no matter how justified it is."

So, you head off to John and ask him if the city needs protection enough that they're willing to pay.

"No, I don't believe this city needs protection. This is the capital of Iberia, and the queen lives here, so it's very well guarded. It's also a port city, so an army is stationed near the city in case of war by sea. The neighbors are also peaceful towards Iberia, so there's no danger of immediate war. The city is pretty secure."

Cevitil hadn't counted on this. He had to think fast: what would not make Cevitil seem as if he had ill intent, and at the same time be good enough that the guard believed it? Hmm... think humble, think humble... and maybe a little naive.

"I come to explore the world! And I've always heard wonderful stories about Anvanar; its good food, interesting people, and stout guards who ensure the safety of even the most hunted man. Is it no wonder that I would come to see it?"

If the bluff works, Cevitil will finish the conversation with the guard and see if the guard has anything else to say, and then touch down and enter the city, again, to look for information about the King's Feast or the 3 men he must kill... no, deliver justice to.
[Cha:4+1][Difficulty:4]: You try to convince the guard. He doesn't look like he really believes you, but he turns away. You interpret this as a sign that your bluff worked, and enter the city, much to the surprise of the citygoers.

You ask them for information on the three men.

The duke and baron are still a day or two away from the city.

The spymaster is in an unknown location (considering he's the spymaster).

"Oh what the sodding..." Put it on my head, touch the inside with my claws, bring it out into the sun, into darkness
Nothing happens each time, though you felt a strange sensation when you put it on your head. Not sure what kind of sensation it was, though.

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Manipulate my egg to crack.
Born in: 16, Republic of Varia.

[5]: This is an official first, people. A dragon has manipulated it's own egg to break. Well, by manipulate I mean smack it's head into the egg.

Okay. Anyway.

A state of life that seems like forever to you is about to end in mere seconds. As your 'internal instincts' tell you it's time to leave (AKA as your egg white runs out) you decide to leave your egg. By smacking your singular horn though the egg. Of course, it gets stuck the first time, but thankfully your mother is there to help you. By help I mean yanking at your horn until you come out.

Despite all this, you feel like you're in a very good state when you come out! The first thing your adorable eyes look at is a large blurry figure standing over you. It stands silent over you, laughing... somewhat evilly? But still happily.

[1]: Uh... Well, that figure won't be laughing for too long. Because it's mate finally discovered the truth about her and... well, it's pissed. Welp, enjoy your life! I offer no refunds!

+5 Strength, agility, intelligence, and toughness for the 5 roll.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 26, 2012, 11:28:31 pm »

"It is all in the past. May I ask why I am suddenly soggy?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:24 pm »

Merysta, completely unaware that she might be in danger, crawls out of her egg and starts looking around her mother's lair like the newborn she is.

(Sorry if it's vague, I just want a general idea of stuff in my vicinity to mess with.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 26, 2012, 11:44:41 pm »

Request to learn a higher tier, slightly more advanced than what I have already learned, but nothing too high, of plain Offensive, Medium to Long Range spell from the school of Heat Magic.

Descriptive enough?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 136