Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210768 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Mini apologies on the late mini-turn.

Land inside and take a peek around.
You land underneath the shrine (it's too open to be considered 'inside'), and look around.

There's snow. And of course the altar. Not much else.

Did I mention the snow? MY GOODNESS HOW CAN IT SNOW SO MUCH WITHOUT FILLING UP?

Kin looked around the altar, sensing the watching presence. Finding nothing he tried: "Hello?" He then tried to think of what a god of justice would like. Some precious metal maybe?

Kin put a few of the smallest pieces of precious metal on the altar, offering them under the name of Gandar.
((Grandar))

You start putting your metal on-

"Hm, hello, mortal." You hear before you put metal on the altar. "What brings you to convert an altar to me? Especially in a cave?"

Look furthur
((further))

You start looking around even farther around your current location.

Absolutely nothing is around. The cave you were born in might have something, but as it turns out remote mountains don't exactly bristle with people.

((Got it)) Do you have any idea what kind of animal would have that horn?
"It looks like a minotaur horn if I had to guess. It's been hollowed out, though. Strangely, it lacks a place to blow into the horn, and it's unusually dark inside the horn."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"I wonder if this is a shrine to a god of winter... hmm."
Tentatively walk before the alter and call out for... well, whatever spirit this place calls home.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

"Maybe you are supposed to place something in it, water?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Surprised Kin answers: "I'm going to be honest with you. I did not expect an answer from you at all so I've not really thought trough my reasons. But there is this human, John is his name, and he told me of you and how you were the god of justice. He forgave me when I hun- stole a cow under his watch and though I paid him and the human who owned the cow back I don't think I've done them justice. Is there something I can do?"

As Kin gushes out his feelings to Grandar he also mentions that he thought of letting John and the farmer fly on his back. After all, who can't say no to a flight high above the air. He wonders if they would like that.

Gandar... woops.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux snorted. With them distracted, it should be easy to sneak in, she thought...with any luck, she could get the scales and be off before anyone even noticed.

Action: Change into my Human form, and sneak into the building that seems most likely to hold the loot-largest and most opulent, or the one with strongest walls. Find the scales!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I wonder if this is a shrine to a god of winter... hmm."
Tentatively walk before the alter and call out for... well, whatever spirit this place calls home.
((Altar. Alter is changing things.))

You call out to whoever the altar is devoted to. Suddenly, the snow stops.

"Hm? What is this? A dragon at my altar? This is unusual. I suppose I should respond to you, then. So, hello, dragon." You hear in a voice that sounds generic, but... somehow alien compared to what you're used to.

"Maybe you are supposed to place something in it, water?"
"Maybe... You do whatever you want with it, just as long as you stay safe."

Surprised Kin answers: "I'm going to be honest with you. I did not expect an answer from you at all so I've not really thought trough my reasons. But there is this human, John is his name, and he told me of you and how you were the god of justice. He forgave me when I hun- stole a cow under his watch and though I paid him and the human who owned the cow back I don't think I've done them justice. Is there something I can do?"

As Kin gushes out his feelings to Grandar he also mentions that he thought of letting John and the farmer fly on his back. After all, who can't say no to a flight high above the air. He wonders if they would like that.
Grandar pauses.

"No, I don't believe he specifically needs much. The loss of his cow can never be forgotten, but you already paid him multiple times the cow's worth."

Anthramarux snorted. With them distracted, it should be easy to sneak in, she thought...with any luck, she could get the scales and be off before anyone even noticed.

Action: Change into my Human form, and sneak into the building that seems most likely to hold the loot-largest and most opulent, or the one with strongest walls. Find the scales!
You change into your human form and go Metal Gear Dragon on the camp.

[Agi:5-1]: You sneak past the eyes of their outer guard.

You then look for a reasonably good building. [Int:5+2][1]: You find a building that looks very, very reenforced and strong and well crafted despite the materials.

It's right in front of the sparring bandits and watchers.

And there don't appear to be any side exits.

Damn.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:38:31 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anthramarux faded back into the shadows. Never easy, she supposed...

Action: Sneak around to an unwatched side of the building, go Dragon form, and try to use my acid breath to melt and smash a small hole through the building-look for a weak spot. Crawl through in Human form once it's safe.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Quote from: Tarran
You find a building that looks very, very reenforced and strong and well crafted despite the materials.
((Reinforced))

:P Sorry Tarran, couldn't resist that after your last round of corrections.

For some reason Dwarmin's action and turn reminds me very much of the Westlands. Specifically it reminds me of the point just before everything went to hell in a handbasket.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Draig: Well, my quest is pretty tough. If anythings about to go to Hell, it's me. :P

I can't exactly slay my way through 36+bandits, so I have to sneak. And probably get caught anyway...

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Scientia blinks, startled.
"Um, hello, voice! I don't suppose you could tell me who you are? I mean, this is pretty obviously a shrine, but..."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Tarran
You find a building that looks very, very reenforced and strong and well crafted despite the materials.
((Reinforced))

:P Sorry Tarran, couldn't resist that after your last round of corrections.
Nah, it's fine. I can blame it on the spellchecker.

For some reason Dwarmin's action and turn reminds me very much of the Westlands. Specifically it reminds me of the point just before everything went to hell in a handbasket.
You mean with the Accurarwa swarming everyone?

I can't exactly slay my way through 36+bandits, so I have to sneak.
You don't have to slay them, or hurt them. As long as you avoid the arrows, it should be decently possible to kite the enemy since you can fly.

And probably get caught anyway...
Because you thought it was a good idea to pick low agility.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so as not to hold this up any longer, going to go ahead and drop out. I gave it a shot, but didn't really see much happening as far as story. I just can't seem to get into it enough to hold up the plot stuff as well as play the game.

So someone else can try my spot.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, fair enough.

But honestly, story? You expected a bunch of story in a open game? :P Well I guess it's partially my fault, but the child stage isn't designed to have a bunch of story. Mostly, it's about flopping around a bit.

Guess it's time to PM Azkul. Though I'm debating if I should because he hasn't posted for two months and hasn't been active for five days.

SeriousConcentrate, in case he doesn't respond, I suggest posting your sheet so we don't have to wait too long.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 07:35:44 pm by Tarran »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Learn more advanced Heat magic.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Ask and it shall be done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 136