Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210693 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 38: Of stealth, jumping, and hazardous temples.
« Reply #1140 on: February 29, 2012, 05:54:47 am »

Vagueness is in-character. Also, being a teen aside, what are you mean to say if you know nothing of magic? 'Oh yes, I'd like to learn about DuCrou's Law of Inverse Magical Attraction.' <.< >.> that aside I will try to start being less vague, since you've long had an air of 'I-hate-this-bastard-moron-Talarion-gtfo-of-my-RTD' and that makes me sad.

Varkonis frowned, or the Draconic equivalent. Wealth... he didn't have much wealth. This was a problem, he realised! "Ah, of course... umm... Let me get back to you on that. I have not much to pay with at the moment... Name a price, would you, so I can go find it?" His curiosity with magic overwhelming his natural draconic greed, he wanted the terms of this trade.

Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 29, 2012, 06:58:20 am »

Anthramarux walked up to the probably empty temple and bellowed a challenge.

"Are there any who would come Forth? As if you would contest me! I am here by the Will of Tarran himself!"

Hearing no immediate answer, she snorted, and whomped forward to the altar. Not being much for prayers, she murmured something...

"Helllooo?

Tarran-God of All, Anthramarux the Dragoness has come to your shrine!

I believe I was promised SWEET ROLLS?"

Much like the door before, she stood on the altar and knocked on it three times, assuming in her mind, that they were similar.
Suddenly, you hear a booming male voice. "Who what where? ...Mortal, you are the first to visit one of my temples in hundreds of years! What brings you here?

...Wait, wait wait wait. I recognize you. I think. Maybe. Who are you again? Being a father to all gods does not really come with memory to match. Or maybe it does and it's just too stretched out through the multiple existences I exist in. Or maybe my mind is just playing tricks on me and I never saw you before. But then, why would you be here if I did not know you? Wait, I remember now, I gifted something to someone not too long ago. ...Don't remember the name though. I believe it was a boar, right? No, no, stop being an idiot self... Ah right, I believe it was a dragon. Uhhh... Athrarmaax? Is that your name? Wait, that doesn't sound right..."

He continues mumbling, often saying various cuss words at himself.

Husband. Jargon knew that word from some of the books he read, but he didn't have a good enough grasp on it to fully understand. The big red obviously knew his mother, but the little one wasn't about to just let him do as he likes. "How do I know you aren't lying to steal away with our treasure?"
"Because I'm going to see your mother right now?"

Vagueness is in-character. Also, being a teen aside, what are you mean to say if you know nothing of magic? 'Oh yes, I'd like to learn about DuCrou's Law of Inverse Magical Attraction.' <.< >.> that aside I will try to start being less vague, since you've long had an air of 'I-hate-this-bastard-moron-Talarion-gtfo-of-my-RTD' and that makes me sad.
I hate you, you bastard moron Talarion, GTFO.

...Nah, I don't hate you. I was just upset that you accused me of misunderstanding, which was true, but the misunderstanding was mostly your fault in my eyes. And the way you wrote it made it sound like a lecturing voice. Which made me mad. This recent turn, however, I wasn't mad. But it's nice that you're sad, I get to collect your tears for my dark arts. >:D

Anyway, on topic of vagueness: I would prefer to not get "Basics on X", and instead I would like "Basics on using X to do Y" or "Basics of how X does Y". Because that narrows it down to something explainable!

Varkonis frowned, or the Draconic equivalent. Wealth... he didn't have much wealth. This was a problem, he realised! "Ah, of course... umm... Let me get back to you on that. I have not much to pay with at the moment... Name a price, would you, so I can go find it?" His curiosity with magic overwhelming his natural draconic greed, he wanted the terms of this trade.
She ponders.

"A few hundred gold could get you my training to Adept from me. And just for clarification I am a Great Mage. Certainly not an Arch Mage, but still few match my skill.

Another... perhaps... did you see that odd blackened area at the bottom of that cliff? I would like some samples from there. I would go down myself but, I don't have the time and I'm getting old. The others around this village are either too inept, too cowardly, not caring, or busy like me. Though I have no idea what you will find at the bottom of the cliff. Beware.

Lastly... if you're an impatient, or boring dragon, I could always use more blood samples and scale samples. Your kind apparently is blessed with the curse of being useful in any form. You'd be amazed at what you can do with just one of your kind's scales..."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:06 am »

Smell for some food
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 29, 2012, 07:40:13 am »

"Food" is a very, very broad term.

Narrow it down to some type of animal (or plant) or at the very least the size.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 29, 2012, 07:55:22 am »

"Food" is a very, very broad term.

Narrow it down to some type of animal (or plant) or at the very least the size.

Some animal, that she can eat in one or two bites at most
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 29, 2012, 08:09:31 am »

"Hmm? Gold is nice. Don't see much practical use in it myself, but you use it as a currency, so thanks." Scientia shrugs. "With that, I think I'm done here. Good luck on whatever it is you're doing after this. Give Olden my thanks for helping with these things."

Go back home and take a well deserved rest.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 10:32:38 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 29, 2012, 08:28:38 am »

I wonder if anything would find me under that bush over there: Get under a thick bush and wait
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 29, 2012, 10:28:18 am »

Anthramaraux did not know how to 'face palm', but she would have do so under the circumstances.

"Yes, Anthramarux, she is indeed a Dragon! And I am her.

You gifted me with a ring of human shape changing-and told me to come here, to 'ease your boredom'.

You promised to smite me into the form of a turtle if I burned your note? I believe you'll at least remember that."

Anthramarux withdrew the note from her small shoulder bag and placed it on the altar, hoping Tarran would be able to 'read' it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:43 pm »

I wonder if anything would find me under that bush over there: Get under a thick bush and wait
You run underneath a bush.

You wait. And wait. And...

Nothing happens.

Anthramaraux did not know how to 'face palm', but she would have do so under the circumstances.

"Yes, Anthramarux, she is indeed a Dragon! And I am her.

You gifted me with a ring of human shape changing-and told me to come here, to 'ease your boredom'.

You promised to smite me into the form of a turtle if I burned your note? I believe you'll at least remember that."

Anthramarux withdrew the note from her small shoulder bag and placed it on the altar, hoping Tarran would be able to 'read' it.
"Oh, right right! Anthramarux, glad you came. You are like, the first mortal in a couple hundred years to visit one of my temples. Let me thank you with my promise. Sweet rolls for everyone! Which is you! Because I'm... a... loner...!"

Suddenly, the entire room is filled with sweetrolls. SO MANY SWEETROLLS THE SWEETNESS OH MY GOD.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 29, 2012, 01:36:16 pm »

Question: if most the meanless actions i do is fast turns, how long untill i grow?
Boooring, i wonder if theres anything small and meaty around here
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 29, 2012, 01:38:28 pm »

Question: if most the meanless actions i do is fast turns, how long untill i grow?
You will grow in 2 actual turns, regardless of if your actions are major.

Also, speaking of aging, Irony was supposed to be a teen in turn 37. Oops! I'll see to it that he becomes older next turn.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:41:45 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 29, 2012, 01:53:43 pm »

Anthrmarux burrowed her head and took a nip of sweetrollness...well, Dragons don't like sweet. It makes them angry. Like everything else.

She growled, and decided to try  to taste them in her Human form..

While it was a bit more chilly in her Human skin, the Sweet Rolls tasted much better! They were AMAZING!

She sat astride Tarran's Altar in Human form, snacking away happily.

"Thank you for the gifts *om nom* of Sweet Rolls, Tarran All God. Very Delicious. *chomp chew*

Now, I might ask. *crunch munch*...what else I can do for you? I mean, I'm sure you have some sort of task...that you would bequeath upon me *gronch gronch*...that I could reduce your boredom...

*lick lips*

...Granted, that's is not an invitation to experiment your Godly powers of transmogrification upon me, or an offer to become your mortal consort. Not that I would be able to stop you, of course! It would be fairly impolite, though.

For example, this temple. It's dreary. And you have no followers, not even mountaintop monks that live up here in seclusion. Surely, with our powers together, we could...move it to someplace more accessible?

Also, could you prestidigitate me a warm coat? It's cold in here. Unless you like to see me shiver and shake. It's quite involuntary you know, something to do with the Mammalian way of generating body heat."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: February 29, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »

"I am Raikonai, son of Shadows! Who are you?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 29, 2012, 03:37:08 pm »

For a moment, Varkonis paused. He thought it over, his draconic pride battling his impatience. Impatience won. "I guess I will offer up samples from myself in exchange for learning. As for what I would like to learn... What schools of magic are there? Which schools are best used for offense, defense or utility? How easy are they to learn? (Like it would deter me anyways...)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 29, 2012, 03:56:39 pm »

Anthrmarux burrowed her head and took a nip of sweetrollness...well, Dragons don't like sweet. It makes them angry. Like everything else.

She growled, and decided to try  to taste them in her Human form..

While it was a bit more chilly in her Human skin, the Sweet Rolls tasted much better! They were AMAZING!

She sat astride Tarran's Altar in Human form, snacking away happily.

"Thank you for the gifts *om nom* of Sweet Rolls, Tarran All God. Very Delicious. *chomp chew*

Now, I might ask. *crunch munch*...what else I can do for you? I mean, I'm sure you have some sort of task...that you would bequeath upon me *gronch gronch*...that I could reduce your boredom...

*lick lips*

...Granted, that's is not an invitation to experiment your Godly powers of transmogrification upon me, or an offer to become your mortal consort. Not that I would be able to stop you, of course! It would be fairly impolite, though.

For example, this temple. It's dreary. And you have no followers, not even mountaintop monks that live up here in seclusion. Surely, with our powers together, we could...move it to someplace more accessible?

Also, could you prestidigitate me a warm coat? It's cold in here. Unless you like to see me shiver and shake. It's quite involuntary you know, something to do with the Mammalian way of generating body heat."

Suddenly, a fur coat appears on your back.

"...Hmmm, though I could move it myself if my sons and daughters will let me... I know, I believe Grandar wanted something around here. Something insignificant in looks but filled with his godly power. What was it... Ah yes, a scale with two magical weights that weigh the person's bad to the person's good. I believe it was located somewhere in a bandit camp nearby. I believe they stole it because it was making their job difficult. Find the scale and the weights, and take them to 'ol Grandar's temple in Albreac. Tell him you come in my name. Maybe I'll be able to convince him to let me move this temple somewhere where people won't die every step...

Oh, and, darn, you caught me, I had hoped to make you my consort."
He pauses, before laughing. "But really, I gave you mortals emotions. It should be obvious that I care about what you want. Most of the time. I would never force something on someone. Well, most of the time. There was this one time where some race of badger men in another existence tried to take over the world and turn everything into badgers. Like hell I was going to let that happen!"

"I am Raikonai, son of Shadows! Who are you?"
"...Son of shadows?" The voice sounds somewhat weary. "I am Ona, goddess of Medicine, Healing, and Nature. Why do you call yourself 'son of shadows' anyway?"

For a moment, Varkonis paused. He thought it over, his draconic pride battling his impatience. Impatience won. "I guess I will offer up samples from myself in exchange for learning. As for what I would like to learn... What schools of magic are there? Which schools are best used for offense, defense or utility? How easy are they to learn? (Like it would deter me anyways...)
"Well, there are many schools. But here are the main ones:

Heat, Water, Earth, Air, Cold, Chaos, Stability, Life, Necromancy, and Arcane.

Heat, Cold, and Chaos are all fairly dangerous if used correctly. Their sub schools are also very dangerous.

Earth, Stability, and Arcane all have their good defensive spells. You just have to be creative.

And Earth, Life, and Arcane all have fairly useful spells outside of that.

They are all fairly easy to learn. But all have their own dangers if you mess up, and mastery is always a multi-decade workload."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 03:58:47 pm by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 136