Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210671 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 37: Mighty Squirrel, Magics, Rough Entrance.
« Reply #1110 on: February 25, 2012, 06:52:51 pm »

"I'm sure we can find it on our own, but it's fine either way."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 25, 2012, 06:55:35 pm »

"Hm, I think I'll come along in any case, it might be interesting. When do you depart?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 25, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »

She looks to a male priest and gestures to him to follow. He nods his head.

"Now." She says as she promptly walks past you and begins walking down the steps. The male follows.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 25, 2012, 07:35:53 pm »

"Very well then, I'll meet you there."
Fly to the clearings and wait.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 25, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »

(( I wasn't referring to a specific school, Tarran... Arcane magic refers usually to the basis of magic, the foundations of the schools. I have no knowledge of magic aside from 'Magic does stuff' so I thought that I'd like to learn broadly about magic rather than specifics right now.))

"I would like to learn about magic, Lady. I've been told that nearly everyone in this town knows magic, so I thought it would be a good place to start."

Ask about the basics/foundations of magic.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 26, 2012, 12:16:06 am »

(( I wasn't referring to a specific school, Tarran... Arcane magic refers usually to the basis of magic, the foundations of the schools. I have no knowledge of magic aside from 'Magic does stuff' so I thought that I'd like to learn broadly about magic rather than specifics right now.))
I have never, ever heard of that use of it. But that's not the big problem, the big problem is that, next time, you shouldn't make it sound like you think it's the name of a magic school, because your post made me think that you thought that it was a magic school. Don't use "Arcane Magic", use "Arcane arts". Also consider that Magicka uses it as a school. And I'm sure there are a couple others out there that use it as a school name as well.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:17:46 am by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 28, 2012, 01:53:06 pm »

RP post/

Anthramarux flew on, wingbeats oddly synchronizing with her heart. She kept her eyes on the horizon, mostly-and had drawn a mental line to the peak of the mountain she was heading too, and was generally following it with the utmost accuracy, not deviating or slowing.

Occasionally, when she passed a small town or farmstead, she would look down. Invariably, the Humans would flee in terror, ducking into their shacks and cabins-as if that would protect them! Well, some of them did that. Others would, as it seemed to her, obstinately plant their tiny feet and pitchforks in the ground, and watch her as she flew by, arms crossed. As if they were ready to fight her-a Dragon! Madness. But, she noticed the braver ones almost always had those little Humans to protect as well, who they would try to get to shelter when they spotted her.

She would remember this in the future.

Her thoughts rolled around. Flying was the only time when she could say she felt most alive. In the depths of the cave, a dragon was compelled to sleep...rest on her laurels...time passed quicker too. She knew, on one level, that she had slept a single night, in regards to satisfying her own needs for sleep.

Yet, she had slept more than one night, in reality. It had been almost a week, to these lesser beings. Was time so fickle, she mused, that it could slip through her claws like sand or water?

Which lead to many interesting questions. Supposed she found Arilis once again. Made a friend of him, or more than that. Would she view his life in frames? One day he was young and spry, then he was old and dying-to him a life, to her a nap. And she would stay the same...

Anthramarux began to think about Time itself. What was it? Was it her enemy? An irresistible force? Ahh, but what force could not a Dragon Master?

Indeed, such thoughts she entertained herself with, as she flew, on and on...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 38: Of stealth, jumping, and hazardous temples.
« Reply #1117 on: February 28, 2012, 05:31:38 pm »

RP post, eh? Sir, I challenge your RP post with a TURN! HAHAHAHA!

Ah, well second times the charm for climbing, right? right??
((Bold yer turns, I almost missed this.))

You try again to climb up. [Agi:6]: Your back legs spring to life as you jump straight over the fence and onto grass. Jolly good show my boy.

+2 Agility.

Anthramarux licked the gristle and gore from her claws until they sparkled once more-pure, clean, beautiful-just like her. The corpse of the deer had been full devoured. She didn't leave much for scavengers, nor was she picky.

Her blood lust momentarily sated-her patience had been tried most vociferously by the arrogant ranchers-she set her Draconic eyes upon the distant mountain.

Ah, Tarran God would be expecting her... She thought perhaps securing his support and patronage might give her a measure of currency and rapport among the other Gods-who were probably quite jealous. Pity the poor Godlings...

She laughroared a bit meanly, and took off flying toward the distant peak, her strong wings beating the air.

If Anthramarux had to choose a God to 'worship', she would do for no less than the King himself!

Action: Fly toward Tarrans Shrine in the mountain
You leap off of the ground and fly towards the mountains.

On the highest mountain, you see a fantastic temple, made of pure white marble and with a roof of solid gold. Somehow. Oh, and it's sitting on a block of silver.

It's then you notice how utterly inaccessible the temple is! The slopes are at least 70 degrees or so, the rocks are smooth and icy, there are periodic cliffs, and the only set of stairs to the temple are extremely hazardous looking and worn down. Oh, and those stairs are also covered with an inch or two of ice and snow.

What's worse, the stairs inside the temple are also extremely icy, and are made of silver too.

It's no wonder why no-one has worshiped this god in hundreds of years if this temple is an example of his typical temple! Nobody in their right mind would even attempt to get to it! Unless they had wings like you, of course...

The door is made out of solid copper and is kinda large enough for you to fit in your dragon form, though it's obviously not designed for dragons.

Hmm, sneakyness might indeed not be in my nature. I need to look at this another way. I know these caverns better than any visitor, I should be able to predict where he's going, and hide myself there.

Try and guess where the dragon is headed, and get there before him.
You try to think of where the dragon is heading.

But then you realize that you have no idea who this dragon is, or where he wants to go.

In addition, how could you possibly get to the spot faster than him? He's much larger than you, and you'd have to run past him.

But you try anyway.

[Int:2]: You have utterly no idea where he is going. So you do not attempt to get there before him.

You continue following him before he gets too far away.

It will add character, plus i never planed for Ramoth to be a fighter, this just means i cant splash out a little for now

Find shelter, and maybe some food, but it should be in a direction AWAY from mother's corpse
You look around with blurred eyes. You find that the forest floor is pretty open.

[5]: Except for the massive tree with a giant root system with a hole underneath it. Definitely good shelter. You rush to and under the tree and hide.

Search around my new location for any settlements or other humanoid inhabitants. If found, approach, introduce self, and ask who they are and what they're doing here.
[3][5][2]

You find a colorful sheer cliff and a large statue in the mountains.

No humans though. Turns out, humans aren't common in high mountains.

"Very well then, I'll meet you there."
Fly to the clearings and wait.
You fly out to the clearings.

And wait.

And wait...

And wait... for at least a few hours, before the humans get there. They head to the larger grove. What now?

"I would like to learn about magic, Lady. I've been told that nearly everyone in this town knows magic, so I thought it would be a good place to start."

Ask about the basics/foundations of magic.

((The vagueness, it hurts...))

"Me? I guess I could do a little teaching. You'll have to make it worth my while though, I'm busy and if you want to take more of my free time then you're going to have to pay for it."

Quote from: K1n SeN
Oh bugger all. Head towards town, ask someone for directions to Grandar's temple, and enter the temple.
You ask a random person in town for the directions towards Grandar's temple. He points the incredibly obvious temple building. You fly there and enter Grandar's white chalk temple.

Quote from: jetex1911
Be Bornz.
Born in: 15, Kingdom of Iviand.

[2]: For so long, have you been in your egg, waiting to burst out into the world. For so long has the world been waiting for you, to become a dragon, one of the mightiest mortal beings around.

As such, it comes to you as a surprise when nothing greets you. No fanfare, no celebration, no nothing. You exit your egg and nothing is around you.

Being mostly blind and without guidance, you stumble and flop through the cave, eventually somehow reaching the exit.

It is at this point where things go bad. As you turn around to enter the cave again, a bear and her cubs spot you very close to them. Then you feel and hear the wind of a claw flying past your face. Oh shit.

[5]: At the very least, your father is alive and well. And with your mother. The only question is, where the hell are they?!

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 28, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »

Anthramarux was impressed. She wouldn't have minded this place for a lair...and, she supposed she wasn't the first one with that thought.

Did this temple have a keeper?

She was about to find out.

Anthramarux flew toward the copper doors, and knocked politely.

*BONG BONG BONG*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 28, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »

Fly on over and observe. See if I can learn anything from what they're doing.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 28, 2012, 06:43:20 pm »

Anthramarux was impressed. She wouldn't have minded this place for a lair...and, she supposed she wasn't the first one with that thought.

Did this temple have a keeper?

She was about to find out.

Anthramarux flew toward the copper doors, and knocked politely.

*BONG BONG BONG*
You get no response.

Fly on over and observe. See if I can learn anything from what they're doing.

You fly over to them, and observe them.

They have their horses go to the edge of the groves, then they dismount.

They start approaching the many monoliths, and pray to Olden. You assume they're getting his attention.

They write, using a long stick  and a piece of calk, a symbol on the monoliths. They then back away, and after a few seconds a beam of light from the heavens strikes the monolith, destroying it.

They repeat this several times, and are still doing so currently.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 28, 2012, 08:37:31 pm »

"So you call upon your gods power to smite these obelisks then? Not unexpected, but slightly disappointing." Scientia says to one of the priests. "Out of idle curiosity, could one get any beneficial effects from these monuments? I'd imagine the plants might mutate into something useful, as an example."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 28, 2012, 08:50:24 pm »

Examine statue! What's it made of? What's it in the image of? Are there any inscriptions or nearby clues to anything?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 28, 2012, 09:08:00 pm »

"So you call upon your gods power to smite these obelisks then? Not unexpected, but slightly disappointing." Scientia says to one of the priests. "Out of idle curiosity, could one get any beneficial effects from these monuments? I'd imagine the plants might mutate into something useful, as an example."
You are stunned out of the air with a harmless but painful bolt of magic for your words.

"I am more than capable of taking out these monoliths myself, thank you very much. I just figure Olden would prefer to do so himself and it would save me some energy." The female priest says.

"...Anyway-" Her male companion says, trying to prevent you two from murdering the other. "-you could get beneficial things from the Chaos, but often anything living will die off or will be unable to reproduce. And there's a very good chance to get bad things with the good things. And nonliving stuff doesn't die, but becomes increasingly unstable as more chaos effects it. Messing with these monoliths is not worth it."

Examine statue! What's it made of? What's it in the image of? Are there any inscriptions or nearby clues to anything?
You examine the statue.

It's made of marble. The image is of a human woman gesturing helpfully. In her hands are a soup bowl and a spoon, both of which are glowing. And despite the stone eyes, it feels as though the statue is alive. There are no inscriptions because someone was feeling lazy, you guess. Nothing else is out of the ordinary.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 28, 2012, 09:09:38 pm »

(Quick question from an observer: is there liquid in the soup bowl? If so, Irony should totally try drinking it. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 136