Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210645 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 36: ELF, Hard Coins, Black Stuff.
« Reply #1080 on: February 19, 2012, 12:38:38 am »

Then you transformed from a dragon into a Guard.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 19, 2012, 04:30:36 am »

No, I'm still a dragon. It's just... I'm a Dragon Guard of Sovngarde now. *shrug* Don't ask me how it happened.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 21, 2012, 07:45:25 pm »

Examine the higher bits of the titan for anything the mages missed from down there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 37: Mighty Squirrel, Magics, Rough Entrance.
« Reply #1083 on: February 23, 2012, 12:58:36 pm »

You know, I think I'm going to start penalizing base rolls of 1s regardless of stat bonuses with stat losses. Everyone seems to be having linear stat changes and I want to make it fluid instead, because really if everyone succeeds on everything there's no fun. I'll penalize older players harder.

On another note, fun fact: Dermonster, the first to get the Tired status, had to wait 5 turns. Everyone else afterwards only had to wait 3 turns.

Anyway, here's your turn. I hope nobody forgot what they were doing. Because really Starfarer is pretty amazing even in it's current state. I'll try not to continue this agonizing update speed we've been having. But I cannot guarantee, I can only try.

Tell me if I missed anything.

Cevitil examines the area around him continually to see if he can spot any creatures or other interesting things. If Cevitil sees a creature, watch it warily, and if it gets closer, get into a ready position, as to quickly take off or fight.
[Int:4]: You look around and see a squirrel. You watch it wearily. It gets closer, and as a result you get ready to take off.

Yes, that mighty squirrel sure is going to kick your ass. I'm not screwing with you. Really.

:P

"Count me in as 'very willing', please. Do we start now, or should I come back later?"

If Now, Learn about what magic is and how to effectively channel it, along with novice magical knowledge. Also some Life-branch spells if we have time for it. (Aka: Learn stuff, finally make some progress on the 'moist powerful draco-mage' life goal front.)

If Later: Set a meeting time, and head out to the marketplace. Buy, say, a large bag to hold whatever currency I may bring with me, a second one for small items, and a map.
 (Because obviously I don't have detailed images of the world and it's kingdoms along with army movements in my head. Nope. *Shifty eyes.*
((You're asking an awful lot out of how simple I'm making magic. And in one turn.))

"Well, err, this is awful sudden. But I guess I could do it right now. Let's see if you have your wits about you."

You look for a way to effectively channel magic, turns out there's literally nothing to it. It's already easy.

You learn novice magical knowledge (which is too vague for me to explain. Honestly don't put this kind of stuff on me).

And you learn... some... life magical spells (ONCE AGAIN TOO VAGUE). Though you magically learn them instantly as some internal magical source from the past helps you.

You still need to give me some goddamn idea of what those spells you learned are!

...Oh, and +2 Intelligence I guess.

Depositing the large picture-book he was fooling around with at the cave entrance on the table, Jargon poked his head out of the library, pondering the Bland Red. Or at least out of the room that he had so dubbed /his/ library. It basically held a table with some very limited reading material he had managed to 'obtain' from other rooms around the cave. Most of which he couldn't read, hence why he was only bothering with the pictures in the first place.

.oO(Hmm another dragon whom isn't me, and isn't mom. This requires more investigation). He might end up as a source for obtaining more information that Jargon might be interested in absorbing.

Follow the red dragon, and try to observe without being noticed.
[Agi:4-1]: You try to sneak behind the dragon, but you're too loud. The dragon notices you and looks around. [Agi:6-1]: You hide in a very, very sneaky spot the moment the other dragon even moves it's head. It will be hard to find you.

[Dragon Int:3]: It looks around the room behind it, but it cannot see you so it continues on it's way.

You ponder trying again to follow it: You're very clumsy.

+1 Agility.

I figured my opinion on the top part would be somewhat obvious and skewed.

Raikonai recoiled in sudden understanding. This thing must be somehow related to that god or the great shadows!

Turning promptly around, he lunged into the air. The time for inspecting interesting things was past. The time for fleeing was now.

Take to the skies and fly out of there! Continue heading northwest if possible, but head regular west or southwest if necessary to escape the darkness.
You turn around and fly northwest a tile, running from the black thing. It cannot possibly keep up, and turns around after a minute or two. It screams in mad rage at you.

Hm.. Look for someone willing to teach me about the basics of Arcane magic, the starting point of any student in the Arts.
((Next time you should ask someone about what schools of magic there are. As it stands you are blatantly metagaming, as up until recently there was no "arcane" magic school. Then when you pointed it out I saw the gap.))

Turns out, pretty much everyone can teach you about basic Arcane magic. So, you decide to have an old lady teach you. Surely she has plenty of knowledge.

"What? What do you want dragon? I'm busy, dealing with... something far more important than you."

see if i can climb up the walls to the open place to see outside
[Agi:1]: You stand up on the walls--which are taller than you--and attempt to jump over with your two back legs.

You fail, getting nearly high enough to get a grip on the other side, but you stop rising at that point and you fall, landing on one leg awkwardly and spraining it. You fall on your back.

-1 Agility.

Anthramarux rose and stretched, glad to be awake. She cantered out of her nook, and over to one of the many cold pools in the cavern, where she quenched her thirst most satisfactorily. But now she was hungry...raging hunger, actually.

Maybe it was her more bestial nature taking control for a bit, but for now she just wanted to tear the living flesh from sometimes bones. Her claws flexed, digging grooves into the soft stone of the cave floor. Mmmm...

Action: Anthramarux catches breakfast-she ranges inland looking for deer or boars, or cattle if she can convince the owners to spare one.

Afterwards, if successful, she begins to explore the land around her new lair.

You attempt to ask farmers to spare their cattle, but they all refuse you; they take their source of income and food seriously. Meat is a luxury to them.

So you attempt to hunt for a deer or boar. And you are successful, of course. It's highly unlikely that a deer could best a maturing dragon like you.

You explore the land around your new layer. ((I'm not sure anyone got this so I'll explain: Each tile can contain some amount of stuff. The cave only has one of those stuffs around it. So merely searching around your cave only searches one stuff.))

[3]: The area around your cave is very boring. Very, very boring. Urgh.

Examine the higher bits of the titan for anything the mages missed from down there.
((Down there? What makes you think that the mages are down anywhere? I suggest not presuming anything without asking.))

You examine the highest parts of the titan. [Int:2+1]: You stare at the titan intently.

Your brain does not process anything.

Quote from: Aut0 K1n
Say Grandar's sacred rite. Oh, and be absent for 2 weeks.
You attempt to convert the altar to Grandar through saying his sacred words.

Unfortunately, you do not know them. You need to ask a priest: John does not know them either.

Quote from: Wolfchild
Be born.
Born in: 14, Kingdom of Heltia.

[1]: Sometimes you did something bad and you get your ass kicked. Sometimes someone did something bad to you and kicked your ass. Sometimes the universe just sucks and kicks your ass for no reason. This time it's the last, you feel, as you roll down a hill in your egg after your mother got mauled by another dragon and your egg was kicked out in the fighting. You smash into a tree, head first, and roll off a sudden drop, smashing your legs against your chest before you come to a stop.

As you open your eyes in pain and attempt to stand up, you find that you are lost in the forest. This is not good. [1 :o]: What's worse, the creature that kicked your mother's ass is your father. Or what's left of him. Something horrible has happened to him.

Welp, this certainly is not a good way to start a life.

-5 Strength, Agility, Intelligence, and Toughness.

((Oh man, dual 1s. That's going to be painful.))

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 23, 2012, 01:06:24 pm »

I've got a lot to do with other stuff right now and I don't want to hold any of this back, so I'm going to drop out here, Tarran.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 23, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »

Oh fer crying out loud I had though I had dealt with everyone who needed to drop.

Well, I guess it's time for Rainbow Man (Taricus) to join if he still wants in.

He says no. Well, time for Nega!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:09:53 pm by Tarran »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 23, 2012, 01:11:29 pm »

Crawl into an corner under the hay and sulk, i suck and have the right colour.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 23, 2012, 02:40:43 pm »

Anthramarux licked the gristle and gore from her claws until they sparkled once more-pure, clean, beautiful-just like her. The corpse of the deer had been full devoured. She didn't leave much for scavengers, nor was she picky.

Her blood lust momentarily sated-her patience had been tried most vociferously by the arrogant ranchers-she set her Draconic eyes upon the distant mountain.

Ah, Tarran God would be expecting her... She thought perhaps securing his support and patronage might give her a measure of currency and rapport among the other Gods-who were probably quite jealous. Pity the poor Godlings...

She laughroared a bit meanly, and took off flying toward the distant peak, her strong wings beating the air.

If Anthramarux had to choose a God to 'worship', she would do for no less than the King himself!

Action: Fly toward Tarrans Shrine in the mountain
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 23, 2012, 03:12:57 pm »

Well, I actually knew very little about the current magic system due to me not paying attention all that much, my bad. I tried to cover as many possible 'beginner' starts as possible in case one or all of them didn't actually exist or matter. As for spells, I'd say something to passively heal myself, something to actively heal others, and I don't actually know what else 'life' can do in this setting. Is it a summoning school? Can I make spiders appear out of thin air? How many? Can it be one giant spider? A spider-man? What is the toxicity of it's venom? Can I control the trees? Create an Ent? Mutate the building blocks of life and create entirely new species on the fly? Can I rip the white blood cells from peoples veins and replace it with homebrew viruses and cancer? Suggestion: Let me pick two or three from a list. Loot/knowledge can't be entirely player driven.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:22:33 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 23, 2012, 03:21:30 pm »

Action: Fly toward Tarran's Shrine in the mountains.
Sorreh but I cannot ignore blatant incorrect spelling from someone such as you! :P

Well, I actually knew nothing about the current magic system due to me not paying attention all that much. I tried to cover as many possible 'beginner' starts as possible in case one or all of them didn't actually exist or matter. As for spells, I'd say something to passively heal myself, something to actively heal others, and I don't actually know what else 'life' can do in this setting. Suggestion: Let me pick two or three from a list. Loot/knowledge can't be entirely player driven.
Fine. Pick your 3 poisons.

Light healing of self.
Moderate healing of self.
Light healing of others.
Moderate healing of others.
Light curing of poison.
Light curing of Disease.
Light temporary increase of max hitpoints of self.
Light temporary increase of max hitpoints of others.
Detect creatures with souls in a short distance.
Very limited Polymorphing.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:45 pm »

Moderate self heal, detect souls, and light curing of poison, please. (That 'Fine' made it sound like you were angry with me. :( )

"Thank you, Alderan, your tutelage was excellent. If I may bother you one last time, where one might find a priest of Olden? This mystery is still nagging at me.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 23, 2012, 04:28:41 pm »

Hmm, sneakyness might indeed not be in my nature. I need to look at this another way. I know these caverns better than any visitor, I should be able to predict where he's going, and hide myself there.

Try and guess where the dragon is headed, and get there before him.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 23, 2012, 05:18:17 pm »

Moderate self heal, detect souls, and light curing of poison, please. (That 'Fine' made it sound like you were angry with me. :( )
Slightly annoyed I was, not angry.

"Thank you, Alderan, your tutelage was excellent. If I may bother you one last time, where one might find a priest of Olden? This mystery is still nagging at me.
"...At a temple to Olden. He is a god after all."

Also, in other news Nega doesn't want to join. Okay, onto Jetex1911!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 23, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »

Scientia nodded slightly, miffed but not all that surprised by the lack of specific directions. Did all two legged beings take everything this literally? "Thank you again, I wish you luck in your future endeavors." With that, she took off.

Search for a temple to Olden.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:21 am »

Cevitil breathes lightning on the squirrel. If the squirrel really does turn out to be some kind of powerful demon, FLY/RUN AWAY.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 136