Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210586 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 35: Small House, Hunting Some Berries, Mage Village.
« Reply #975 on: February 12, 2012, 01:54:50 am »

Show him the staff and ask if I could possibly learn from the mages of the town? Or at the very least be taught about the staff, what it's properties are etc.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 05:10:25 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 35: Small House, Hunting Some Berries, Mage Village.
« Reply #976 on: February 12, 2012, 02:01:55 am »

You didn't bring the staff with you.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 12, 2012, 02:13:46 am »

I didn't? I had intended to...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 12, 2012, 02:19:36 am »

You should have told me then. As far as I saw, all you did was pick up the staff and wave it around, then drop it (shrugging to me=dropping and forgetting about it) and go north.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 12, 2012, 04:11:22 am »

Okay then. Just forget about that part then, I guess, and

Ask to learn magic.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 12, 2012, 04:16:43 am »

Rule 2, Tal. Rule 2. Please?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 12, 2012, 05:11:10 am »

Is that what you wanted? Striking out my old action?

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 12, 2012, 05:34:25 am »

Yes. Though you confuse me somewhat. I had thought that you wanted both a part of your old action and your new action as your action. Whatever, doesn't matter.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 12, 2012, 05:38:51 am »

Part of my old action is my new action. I reposted it before you reminded me about striking, so I decided to just strike all of my old action and leave my new one.

What more do you need?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #984 on: February 12, 2012, 01:09:13 pm »

"Please, tell me more about Grandar."

After Johns explanation of Grandar the god of Justice Kin flies back to the cave and prepares the altar by tidying it up.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 36: ELF, Hard Coins, Black Stuff.
« Reply #985 on: February 14, 2012, 06:09:41 am »

Question: Are you guys for or against Mini-Turns like in Irony's RTD for short or simple actions at the risk of potentially slowing down the actual turn?

Also, I really need to stop procrastinating pre-making turns until two days after the last turn. Apparently everyone posts really fast.

Anyway, yay new Dwarf Fortress. While I am not a particularly rabid fan for DF, there is a slight potential for the new update to make me so. So... yeah, updates might or might not be slower. Hopefully actions will be slower.

Nuvian decided she had time for a quick detour and entered the house, curiosity getting the better of her.
You attempt to enter the house. Of course, it's locked. And you are a little big for the entrance. Deterred, you decide to settle with just peaking inside the window.

Inside, a man lies sleeping in a bed. The house looks fairly... ordinary, really.

Knock.

If someone answers, "I've been told that the life mage Alderan Ivios lives here. Are you him?

If not, wander around and ask random bystanders if they've seen him around recently.
You knock on the door. "Coming~" Someone sings inside.

The door opens. A tall man greets you-wait, those ears look... pointy. That man is no human, he's an elf! One of the first you've seen. The elf is tan, tall, and roughly average to a human everywhere else. His hair is golden and his eyes are green. He looks at you surprised, waiting for you to make the first move.

You ask him about Alderan. "Yes, he does live here~ He is currently five inches from your face~ What, should I tell him~" He says, singing jokingly. "-But really, I am Alderan. What do you want?" He says, smiling. You cannot help but smile slightly yourself. Friendly guy.

"I certainly wouldn't mind having something valuable from it if there is one, but it was mostly out of curiosity. Massive metal objects don't appear everyday, and certainly not because I was bored and dug up an odd dirt formation. How would one go about using this thing anyway? I don't see any way to get in easily for a human or anyone else lacking flight, and I doubt I can just open a door and walk in at my size."

Continue to ask questions about the Dwarven Titan.
"Yes, the way to operate these things is definitely not well known. We know that there's a sort of... thing, that sends orders to the Titan though the air. We're not sure how. But we do know that there is almost never a dwarf in a dwarven mechanical construct, except in special cases. Of course, all the ones we've found--either the construct or the... thing--are weak and barely working or deteriorated past usefulness, so there's a good chance that this Titan made it's last move long, long ago."

((Why did you put an action at the end? Did you want to ask further questions? If you want turn-less responses, don't put actions in your communication.))

Anthramarux nods.

"Sage advice is oft unhappy to hear.

Thank you, Sir bartender."

She left the bar with a sigh. It was late, and it had been a long day...for all the Human camaraderie, she wanted now to do no more than to collapse into *her* cave and slumber, not being bothered by anyone. 

Action: Anthramarux begins to head out of the city, with the intentions of going back into Dragon form at a safe distance from the walls, and flying back to her cave.
You have had enough. You walk off to the outskirts of town, and take off the ring. Thankfully your clothes go away as you change by into your good, old, less sophisticated draconic self. You fly home, and arrive tired.

+1 Agility.

oooh Shiny. Some basic instinct of dragonkin pulls Jargon to the treasure room.

Investigate(Play in the coins) the shiny room, maybe get some shinies(coins) for my own.
You run and jump into the coins. ...OW! OW OW OW! It's a lot harder than it looks! Still, SHINY!

You dig through the coins again and again. Your greed gland is in overdrive.

It's this time you realize that this stuff isn't really yours... Ah well, might as well grab a few coins and hide them in your invisible and nonexistent backpack...

+5 Silver Coins.

You suddenly feel very slee...

You are now a teen. Refer to turn 5 for the differences in your character.

[6]: One day, when playing around the entrance of your cave, a whole other dragon flies straight in. He is red and very... bland looking. He calls out to your mother. He does not notice you.

*Looks tasty... how does it taste?* Time to eat.
((Just so you know I find the red and black combination to be annoying on a special magnitude. But really, whatever floats your boat.))

You snatch the meat the man hands off and eat it.

The man stands up. "Well, I've gotta go somewhere for a few hours, so stay here, can't have you running around town, can I?"

He opens the door and leaves you in this... place.

Investigate terraced village large camp. Try to avoid screaming mountain-voice.
You inspect the camp.

It is surrounded by a stone wall, and contains a multitude of tents. The occupants are hundreds of heavily armored humans, plenty of mages, and a fair amount of priests.

The mountain voice is still shouting at you. It does not appear to be very happy.

You see something black coming from the mountain very, very slowly. It is coming towards you. It... looks like you might be able to outrun it, but it's still coming towards you nonetheless.

((eh, ignore the 'smell.' Was purely role-playing/connection that would not make sense now and apparently did not make sense then.))

Cevitil paced in circles around the tree and rocks, studying it closely, before attempting to make a some-what comfortable hollow between the tree and the rocks. If this ends up succeeding, rest.
You make a comfortable resting place, and rest. That doesn't let you get around my 3 turn flying restriction, though.

Ask to learn magic.
(("Ask to learn magic" is rather a strange way to put it. I assume you mean "Ask him if he can teach me magic" because asking the air to learn magic makes no sense))

You ask the man nicely if he can teach you magic. [Cha:4][Difficulty:5]"No thanks, I am not one to teach. I'm sure there are plenty of others willing to teach in the village, though."

+1 Charisma.

"Please, tell me more about Grandar."

After Johns explanation of Grandar the god of Justice Kin flies back to the cave and prepares the altar by tidying it up.
((Really, you're not going to give me anything specific to answer? On something as wide scale as a GOD? Please, don't do this. I hate it with a passion.))

John explains... stuff on Grandar. At least, the stuff he knows. Really, what the hell am I supposed to write?

Whatever, you go home and tidy up the altar.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:30:35 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 14, 2012, 06:30:16 am »

Anthramarux collapsed into her comfortable cave home with a draconic sigh/roar. Tomorrow she would be hungry, but for now sleep was enough.

She wondered if she would dream. For, such dreams as she had, were inevitably interesting-violent, beautiful things of many hues. Much like she believed herself to be.

Sleep didn't come easy at first. She realized it was because everything was so quiet. Anthramarux had grown accustomed to her mothers sonorous snoring by her next every night, a constant reminder of protection, of love.... Then she thought back on the day, what had happened, and grew depressed.

She thought of Arillis. Was she so off of her reckoning of him? Perhaps. Her pride would not allow her to admit it fully, but what was done, was done.

In time, sleep came, if Anthramarux wished it or not-and that was a relief.

Action: Sleep, and dream...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 14, 2012, 07:24:33 am »

Where is this, what is this whats that?
Look around, dont break anything

is green better?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:26:41 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 14, 2012, 08:25:40 am »

Cevitil examines the area around him continually to see if he can spot any creatures or other interesting things. If Cevitil sees a creature, watch it warily, and if it gets closer, get into a ready position, as to quickly take off or fight.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:20 am »

Nuvian rapped on the door, hoping for a warm response rather than a cold one.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 136