Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210597 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 35: Small House, Hunting Some Berries, Mage Village.
« Reply #960 on: February 09, 2012, 09:36:54 pm »

Anthramarux leans toward the 'Bartender' and spoke.

"...I guess so. But, as you can see, I am bound to be disappointed tonight.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I asked too much of him, maybe-and he's only Human, after all...

Poor excuses, Sir Bartender, I admit. But was it wrong for me to hope?"

"Nah, it's not wrong for you to hope. But waiting for so long is excessive, potentially even obsessive. Here's a free tip: An hour late means they've forgotten something like a tool, forgotten that they were supposed to meet, or they are just plain late... or they don't want to come. Two hours means they are currently busy and likely won't come or they don't want to come. Three hours means that they've either forgotten about the meeting entirely or won't come. Four is far longer than ye needed to wait, lass. You should get going, really, it's getting late."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:38:38 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 35: Small House, Hunting Some Berries, Mage Village.
« Reply #961 on: February 09, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »

Anthramarux nods.

"Sage advice is oft unhappy to hear.

Thank you, Sir bartender."

She left the bar with a sigh. It was late, and it had been a long day...for all the Human camaraderie, she wanted now to do no more than to collapse into *her* cave and slumber, not being bothered by anyone. 

Action: Anthramarux begins to head out of the city, with the intentions of going back into Dragon form at a safe distance from the walls, and flying back to her cave.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:49:05 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 10, 2012, 12:35:37 am »

oooh Shiny. Some basic instinct of dragonkin pulls Jargon to the treasure room.

Investigate(Play in the coins) the shiny room, maybe get some shinies(coins) for my own.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 10, 2012, 01:38:27 am »

*Looks tasty... how does it taste?* Time to eat.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:49:44 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 10, 2012, 02:51:12 am »

Ahra, two things:

1: You only have one quotation mark. I do not know what parts of your post are talking and which parts are an action.
2: Baby dragons do not know how to speak the native language. Children, maybe, but not babies. You are a baby.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 10, 2012, 03:50:34 am »

sorry, that was supossed to be thoughts, easier understood now?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:06 am »

Yes, I can understand it now.

Let me quote the rules for your future actions, though, just so you know the way I consider proper for roleplaying stuff (such as thoughts) because I am the most importantist person in the world.
...and roleplayish actions are Italicized.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 10, 2012, 10:13:38 am »

Getting past the baby stage still seems the most difficult part of this. But hey, at least I'm not the only one now. XD And I've got at least a couple turn head start.

Also, I assume there was a cut and paste error on the character sheets. As it shows the Kraken Tendril on Ahra's sheet as well. Not that he couldn't have one of his own, but I doubt it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:17:52 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 10, 2012, 11:53:32 am »

Just realized, on closer review Irony should have been a child for another two turns. So, I'll fix that.

I really should start making a list on when people will grow up. In fact, I think I'll start doing that.

Getting past the baby stage still seems the most difficult part of this. But hey, at least I'm not the only one now. XD And I've got at least a couple turn head start.
Bah, stop complaining, you're only one turn from becoming a kid. :P

Also, I assume there was a cut and paste error on the character sheets. As it shows the Kraken Tendril on Ahra's sheet as well. Not that he couldn't have one of his own, but I doubt it.
Really? Yeah, copy and paste error. Thanks, I likely wouldn't have noticed otherwise. ;D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 10, 2012, 06:05:21 pm »

Investigate terraced village large camp. Try to avoid screaming mountain-voice.

EDIT: Change of plans. I wanna know what that camp is made of.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 06:11:42 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 10, 2012, 11:35:51 pm »

((eh, ignore the 'smell.' Was purely role-playing/connection that would not make sense now and apparently did not make sense then.))

Cevitil paced in circles around the tree and rocks, studying it closely, before attempting to make a some-what comfortable hollow between the tree and the rocks. If this ends up succeeding, rest.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #971 on: February 11, 2012, 11:51:46 am »

"Gods? No. I'm talking about the farmer, the one you called Grandar. Wait, you have gods named after humans? Or is it humans named after gods?"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 11, 2012, 03:06:21 pm »

"Gods? No. I'm talking about the farmer, the one you called Grandar. Wait, you have gods named after humans? Or is it humans named after gods?"
"...The farmer isn't named Grandar."

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #973 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:22 pm »

"He isn't?" Kin cocked his head slightly. "Then who is Grandar the god? And what is Grandar the farmers name then?"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 11, 2012, 08:30:37 pm »

"He isn't?" Kin cocked his head slightly. "Then who is Grandar the god? And what is Grandar the farmers name then?"
"Grandar is the god of Justice. The farmer... I don't know, I don't go asking about everyone's name. If you want to know his name, you should ask him yourself."
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 136