Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210594 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 34: Meh, think up something witty yourself.
« Reply #945 on: February 02, 2012, 07:58:30 am »

Pfft. Staying here is boring. And besides Jargon doesn't understand yet anyway. So...

Explore!

Maybe if he's lucky he can find a new toy, or some food or something that doesn't kill him... XD
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: February 02, 2012, 08:15:32 am »

Cevitil foolishly tries to take off again, but falters and nearly falls over. He emits an annoyed growl, but shaking his head and looking around. Shelter and food were top priority. Sniffing around and digging in the ground with his claws, Cevitil paces back and forth between the trees, taking care to watch where he puts his feet, and his nose.
"If I gain nothing else from this, let it be wisdom and carefulness... Cevitil thinks to himself. Suddenly, his ears perk up and his head swivels around to face to the north-west. What was that smell? It was so faint, so barely there... but it smelled familiar. Was it a fire? No, it felt too alive... Cevitil's reverie was broken by the loss of the tendril of smell, and he shook his head. He better get working...

Attempt to scavenge for some kind of food. But use your head and hunt carefully! If there is a largely unfamiliar smell, approach it with caution. Additionally, attempt to find shelter of some sort, be it a small cleft in the ground or a hallow in a large tree.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #947 on: February 03, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »

Feeling proud of himself Kin flew back toward John.
"John, you were right! Grandar did accept my apology. I think the deer did it." Kin was grinning like a whelp that found its very first treasure. "I want to thank you."

Maybe John will tell Kin about human etiquette and what presents are appropriate in situations like these and maybe he talk more about who Grandar really is so Kin may have a use for the altar.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: February 04, 2012, 04:52:18 am »

Ehh, sorry Tarran, but I seem to be taking an unbelievable amount of time to post for every update these days. I never really have many ideas on what to do. I think I'm going to drop out so someone more active can join in.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: February 04, 2012, 12:47:12 pm »

Really? Aw, okay. That means Wolfchild now has to post his character sheet. He's got 3 days to do so.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: February 04, 2012, 08:28:41 pm »

Investigate the town. Try and be sneaky-like about it, and convince a lone human on the outskirts that I mean no harm. If I succeed, try to learn about the deity, and the town's name and history.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 07, 2012, 04:36:36 am »

Alright. So, Wolfchild failed to respond within the given time. As a result, Ahra now has a chance to swoop in on the spot unless wolfchild posts before him in time. Ahra also has 3 days. If he fails too, the slot will be open for anyone already in the waiting list.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:38:34 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 07, 2012, 10:11:57 am »

And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 07, 2012, 10:23:04 am »

Join the waitlist!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 07, 2012, 03:07:35 pm »

Ahra posted first, so by default he's now in even though Wolfchild PMed me. Sorry wolf, this is what happens to people in my RTD who are too slow. Also, he did technically PM me first.

Also, Tiruin is now on the waiting list. Enjoy your stay.

Turn will come soon, within a few days at max. I was a bit sluggish to churn out the update, again.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 35: Small House, Hunting Some Berries, Mage Village.
« Reply #955 on: February 09, 2012, 05:52:12 pm »

Here we go, here's the turn. Hopefully next time the next one will take less time both due to me and due to no more players quitting and causing headaches.

Head to the east. Investigate.
You walk down a path beneath the trees in the shadows. The path takes many windy paths, leading up and down hills. Eventually you come across a small house. Footprints lead north along with those leading back west.

Scientia nods at the guard. "Thank you, human. You have been of great assistance."

Enter the city and try to get to said house. Examine the sights and the people on the way there. How do they react to me in my chromatic brilliance?
You enter the city and walk through the street. You cause numerous jams on the way. Some of the people seem to look at you with interest. Others, shrug and go on their way.

Nothing really speaks out about this city. Everything is quaint. You arrive at the house's front door.

Raikonai gave a throaty hiss of annoyance. This was taking too long, but there wasn't much he could do about it. Unless... did a journey necessarily have to lack progress elsewhere? Perhaps he could accomplish something as he went?

But what... he probably wouldn't be able to find any people nearby, and he doubted there would be any treasures left unguarded and in the open. That left animals and plants... but he couldn't carry much, and wasn't sure what he would want.

Well, only one way to find out. Maybe he could acquire a minion of some sort- great creatures naturally tended to be surrounded by lesser ones, after all.

Search the forest for anything interesting. Something supernatural would be preferred, but something's eggs or impressionable young would suffice.
You search the mountains for things of interest. [1][1][5][5]

You find two mildly worrying things. Namely, a mountain that looks corrupted. And something screaming in rage at you from the mountain.

On the other hand, you find a large camp full of humanoid figures nearby, along with a very significant village on the side of a mountain, surrounded by many terraces carrying corn.

You are no longer tired.

Meet him outside the city, then get over to the metal war machine and show them it.
You meet the man outside of the city, and he brings a group of his friends and horses with him.

"Right, well, show us to the thingy that we talked about. Whatever the blasted thing is. I can't remember."

You nod, and fly very slowly before deciding to alternate between walking and flying there. Man, humans have to tolerate this kind of speed? Yeesh, poor buggers.

You eventually reach the site, everyone is tired. The man looks over the hunk of metal.

"Well, that is a big dwarven Titan. I say, it must be deep. It will take a while to dig that monster out even with Aoubzac here. Go ahead and be a dragon or something, you have several hundred years or more compared to us humans, you can take it."

So, you decide to sit down and wait until the entire Titan is dug out. ((Because I don't think you would care to wait. Am I correct in my assumption?))

"Well, that one certainly is huge. My god, I wonder what they were planning to do with this." He's not exaggerating. That thing is the size of a temple. "So, dragon, what did you tell me about this for? Payment? Something valuable from it? Or perhaps just curiosity?"

Anthramarux was nothing if not patient...

Action: Head into the Drunken Sailor, and catch up on current events in the Kingdom with the patrons. Have a proper meal if hungry/thirsty.

Continue waiting for Arillis! (time skip forward until whatever resolution?)

You go into the Drunken Sailor. The place really is basic. No paint, just plain wood. Though the wood is strong and the food doesn't look second rate.

You sit down at the bar and talk to another man on current events. You order a meal too.

"I hear tensions with Grathos are high and armies are lining up on the border. Embargoing them really pissed them off apparently. I hope our Doge knows what he's doing, and I hope our friendship with Rihosis is worth potential war." "I've heard that Othem has been harassing religious merchants. The Doge is rumored to be considering an embargo. Such an embargo would likely crash Othem's economy for a year or so, since nearly everyone trades through our country." "I've heard that the Mayor of Grandza, Palos, is offering money for an 'automatic dragon pest removal' spell. I don't think he's going to get very far honestly."

You wait for another two hours. And another two. The bartender walks over to you, noticing you staying for so long. "Waiting for someone?" He says, rubbing a plate with a washcloth.

Pfft. Staying here is boring. And besides Jargon doesn't understand yet anyway. So...

Explore!

Maybe if he's lucky he can find a new toy, or some food or something that doesn't kill him... XD
[5][6][4]: You wander off down a random hallway.

You find a room full of books on massive bookshelves, a room full of potions with labeling (which you cannot understand), and a room full of shiny silver coins.

Cevitil foolishly tries to take off again, but falters and nearly falls over. He emits an annoyed growl, but shaking his head and looking around. Shelter and food were top priority. Sniffing around and digging in the ground with his claws, Cevitil paces back and forth between the trees, taking care to watch where he puts his feet, and his nose.
"If I gain nothing else from this, let it be wisdom and carefulness... Cevitil thinks to himself. Suddenly, his ears perk up and his head swivels around to face to the north-west. What was that smell? It was so faint, so barely there... but it smelled familiar. Was it a fire? No, it felt too alive... Cevitil's reverie was broken by the loss of the tendril of smell, and he shook his head. He better get working...

Attempt to scavenge for some kind of food. But use your head and hunt carefully! If there is a largely unfamiliar smell, approach it with caution. Additionally, attempt to find shelter of some sort, be it a small cleft in the ground or a hallow in a large tree.
((I literally have no idea about what the hell you are going on about with this nonexistent "smell" so I'm going to ignore it. Also, once again, someone annoys the hell out of me by being vague.))

You scavenge for fruits and berries, hunting them down and nibbling on their fleshy insides. Unfortunately, your stomach will be feeling them soon enough.

You look for some shelter. You find that it's very difficult to find shelter in this swamp, but eventually find a clump of rocks with a large, dead tree lying on top of them.

Feeling proud of himself Kin flew back toward John.
"John, you were right! Grandar did accept my apology. I think the deer did it." Kin was grinning like a whelp that found its very first treasure. "I want to thank you."

Maybe John will tell Kin about human etiquette and what presents are appropriate in situations like these and maybe he talk more about who Grandar really is so Kin may have a use for the altar.
You fly back to John, smiling. You tell him about you giving the farmer a deer.

"...I don't recall Grandar or any other good gods ever accepting sacrifices of animals. Are you really sure he accepted it?"

Investigate the town. Try and be sneaky-like about it, and convince a lone human on the outskirts that I mean no harm. If I succeed, try to learn about the deity, and the town's name and history.
You look for a lone man, and find one looking off a cliff. You land near him and try to tell him that you mean no harm.

Despite him being surprised, he seems to not fear you at all. His utter lack of fear annoys you slightly, somehow. Still, he reacts politely.

He tells you that the temple is dedicated to Olden and the town is known as Ittover. He says that the history of the village is very quiet, due to Olden's protection. However, he says that most people in the town are master mages of extreme power, and magic is teached at age 8. Not a town to start a fight in, that's for sure.

Quote from: Ahra
Be born.
Country born in: 4, Solari Federation.

[4]: "Joric, look, the spawn of that monster." A female voice speaks outside your egg. It's not familiar.

"What should we do with it, kill it?" An unfamiliar male voice responds.

"Dragons are evil creatures, Joric, we should-" The female says, before stopping as she notices you cracking the egg in desperation. You sense danger in their voices, and decide it's time to bolt.

You smash your way out of your egg, and run in a direction. However, you cannot see this early out, and smack yourself into a wall, knocking yourself out...

...You wake up in a warm stack of some grass, in a wooden building. A man walks in and looks you right in the eyes. "Hmm." He grasps your face and looks at it. "Your eyes do not carry the flame of your mother, but your body carries her form..." He lets go of your face. "I wonder who your soul belongs to?" [4] "Maybe it's that gray dragon who's been flying around here? Hrm." He holds a piece of meat in front of you. "Hungry? You've been out for hours."

You're quite confused. What is he saying? (You don't know how to speak or understand the common language in this section of the world, just in case you haven't read the first update)

((Good for you, double 4s. Better than other possible outcomes, that's for sure))

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Also, on another note, Random Events are on a break for an undetermined amount of time. Likely once I finish the combat mechanics. When the Random Events come back, I'll add more possible events (such as unrest, rebels, or even civil war).

Oh, and, we really have too many black dragons. There's only so much black to go around in the map.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:56:21 am by Tarran »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 35: Small House, Hunting Some Berries, Mage Village.
« Reply #956 on: February 09, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »

Nuvian decided she had time for a quick detour and entered the house, curiosity getting the better of her.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:13 pm »

Knock.

If someone answers, "I've been told that the life mage Alderan Ivios lives here. Are you him?

If not, wander around and ask random bystanders if they've seen him around recently.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 09, 2012, 06:15:10 pm »

"I certainly wouldn't mind having something valuable from it if there is one, but it was mostly out of curiosity. Massive metal objects don't appear everyday, and certainly not because I was bored and dug up an odd dirt formation. How would one go about using this thing anyway? I don't see any way to get in easily for a human or anyone else lacking flight, and I doubt I can just open a door and walk in at my size."

Continue to ask questions about the Dwarven Titan.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 06:17:32 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 09, 2012, 09:01:50 pm »

Anthramarux leans toward the 'Bartender' and spoke.

"...I guess so. But, as you can see, I am bound to be disappointed tonight.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I asked too much of him, maybe-and he's only Human, after all...

Poor excuses, Sir Bartender, I admit. But was it wrong for me to hope?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 136