Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210573 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 34: Meh, think up something witty yourself.
« Reply #930 on: February 01, 2012, 10:03:06 pm »

"Theres a massive metal object with a face on it to the south of here, you said you knew about those kind of things?"
"Yes, yes, umm..." He grasps his forehead. "Care to be more specific? How large was it and what kind of metal was it made of?"

"There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for my behavior earlier." Scientia retorts. "I am not inclined to tell you said reason, but no, I am not trying to 'sneak in', as you put it. I suspect that someone of my size and rare coloring would be somewhat easy to spot. Unless," she says with a grin, "All human eyes are as poor as you are implying yours to be?"

"Alas, I am not here to trade banter," she continues flatly. "Does this town have a person skilled in the arcane arts?"
"Hmph. Yes, we have someone skilled with arcane arts here. Every city very likely has someone skilled with arcane arts. Mages aren't a rarity even if they aren't common."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: February 01, 2012, 10:10:13 pm »

Scientia waits a moment to see if he continues. "... and where in this town might the most knowledgeable mage be?" she asks with a hint of annoyance. "I wish to speak with him or her."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: February 01, 2012, 10:19:14 pm »

"At least 10 times larger than me, and made of a metal that was painful to even try to scratch. The metal was nearly impurity-free, the face was about as big as me. It had been buried under an odd dirt clump, and I probably was nowhere near digging it out fully. Incredibly shiny."
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: February 01, 2012, 10:26:48 pm »

Scientia waits a moment to see if he continues. "... and where in this town might the most knowledgeable mage be?" she asks with a hint of annoyance. "I wish to speak with him or her."
"Well you never asked where... Our most knowledgeable mage is Jonne Ivrica, in Castle Hivertec. She's the Castle Mage. She won't speak to you, unless you are a High Mage, or Arch Mage like her, or higher. Or unless you get the king to call her." -I fudged up your location, hold on.

"Well you never asked where... Our most knowledgeable mage is High Mage Alderan Irivos, adept of Life magic. He is sometimes found at his house in the Aceran district of the city. Other times, he's out healing people randomly across the city and it's outskirts."

"At least 10 times larger than me, and made of a metal that was painful to even try to scratch. The metal was nearly impurity-free, the face was about as big as me. It had been buried under an odd dirt clump, and I probably was nowhere near digging it out fully. Incredibly shiny."
"Hmmm... what color was the metal?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:37:21 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:51 pm »

"Brownish white."
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: February 01, 2012, 10:44:49 pm »

"Humans. Ask a question and they will likely give you an answer that is entirely correct but useless to the immediate situation." Scientia mutters to herself. "Well, seeing as I can't do magic yet, nor stupid enough to go demand some king who's never heard of me to call her down, tell me where the best non-private wizard is and his or her exact location relative to this gate."

And then I saw the edit. one moment.

"Life magic you say? He may be exactly what I was looking for. As I don't know this city, do you have any specifics as to how to get to his residence?"
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:53:42 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 01, 2012, 11:06:09 pm »

"Brownish white."
"Hmmm... I think that's a dwarven machine of some sort. They did all sorts of testing with war machines many years ago when they were still a dwarf-only nation. Not so much anymore. But I've never heard of one so big before."

"Life magic you say? He may be exactly what I was looking for. As I don't know this city, do you have any specifics as to how to get to his residence?"
"Look in the Aceran district of the city, which is the center-western side of the city. West of the city center, east of the River district which is the west-most part of the city. His house is on Wet Sapling street. His house is somewhere on the northern side... I think it's the 5th house on the east side from the north end of the street."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:08:23 pm by Tarran »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: February 01, 2012, 11:12:08 pm »

"Well, do you mages want to help uncover it so you can study it or whatever you magicfolk do with dwarven machinery?"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: February 01, 2012, 11:26:42 pm »

Scientia nods at the guard. "Thank you, human. You have been of great assistance."

Enter the city and try to get to said house. Examine the sights and the people on the way there. How do they react to me in my chromatic brilliance?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:28:53 pm by dermonster »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: February 01, 2012, 11:47:10 pm »

"Well, do you mages want to help uncover it so you can study it or whatever you magicfolk do with dwarven machinery?"
"Yes, I would like to see it. I'm sure a couple of my friends would also like to see it. Dwarven stuff isn't often magical, but it's old stuff from the past so it'll do. Meet us outside the city, I'll get my yet older friends and young friends and other people who do whatever I say regardless of whether they like it or not because I teach them..." He continues rambling on as he sets off down a street.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: February 02, 2012, 12:00:36 am »

Raikonai gave a throaty hiss of annoyance. This was taking too long, but there wasn't much he could do about it. Unless... did a journey necessarily have to lack progress elsewhere? Perhaps he could accomplish something as he went?

But what... he probably wouldn't be able to find any people nearby, and he doubted there would be any treasures left unguarded and in the open. That left animals and plants... but he couldn't carry much, and wasn't sure what he would want.

Well, only one way to find out. Maybe he could acquire a minion of some sort- great creatures naturally tended to be surrounded by lesser ones, after all.

Search the forest for anything interesting. Something supernatural would be preferred, but something's eggs or impressionable young would suffice.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: February 02, 2012, 12:36:13 am »

Meet him outside the city, then get over to the metal war machine and show them it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #942 on: February 02, 2012, 06:49:10 am »

Kin cleared his throat. "I wanted to apologize for taking one of your cows. I thought that if I were to give you something back in return it would make it up to you. Maybe you want something bigger?"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: February 02, 2012, 07:01:49 am »

The man stammers for a few seconds. "Uhhh... I... accept your..." He stares at the corpse for a few seconds. "Apology? I... don't think I need the extra meat but... I... it...'s fine?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: February 02, 2012, 07:44:44 am »

Anthramarux was nothing if not patient...

Action: Head into the Drunken Sailor, and catch up on current events in the Kingdom with the patrons. Have a proper meal if hungry/thirsty.

Continue waiting for Arillis! (time skip forward until whatever resolution?)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 136