Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210565 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 33: Chasing a man, Serving gods, Polymorph Drake.
« Reply #915 on: January 26, 2012, 03:50:21 am »

He moves in closer to you, and whispers. "He's a thief. He's a contract killer. He's whatever needs stealth and quickness. He's the best in both my guild--which is the Thieves' guild--and the Hand of Death--which is the Assassins' guild. Now, that we've got that out of the way, I want to give you one warning. Do not try to find him. Do not inquire about him. Do not enter our guilds to find him. Do not tell the guard what he looks like or that you've seen him. We view those actions as threats, and will act accordingly to protect our very best, with violence if needed. Same goes with me because I am the second best. I am dead serious. If he wants to talk to you, he will find you. He does not need you to find him,"

Then, he takes a lighter, more apathetic and less serious tone, saying "Good day, hopefully we will not meet again. The encounter would likely not be on good terms." before walking away into the shadows.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 26, 2012, 04:04:26 am »

Anthramarux nods once again, a bit somberly. She could appreciate the need for secrecy-and it would, as an afterthought, protect her own secret as much as his.

So he was a thief, and a murderer-if the masked man was to be believed. And he was owned by some ruling body.One that took a dim look toward self introspection, no doubt-a pack of wolves did not easily let is members walk away, after all...

A pity. But, intriguing. Just another facet of Humanity, one she had barely uncovered. She could imagine killing, in defense-killing for money? Well, she could understand that too-the divine right of the predator over the prey. Ah, what pains must the Human soul be forced to accept such an existence...or maybe it was natural. Were they embracing some inner animal, or merely choosing to become one? Questions, questions.

She was lost in thought, as she made her made across the city, occasionally getting directions toward the Drunken Sailor. True to her word, she would wait for him.

Action: Make my way to the Drunken Sailor and wait for Arillis, if he shows up or sends a message. While waiting, gather up the information I was searching for earlier while there-major locations, and places that train fighting and magic.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 26, 2012, 02:30:09 pm »

I would like to  be waitlisted, please.
Spoiler:  Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 26, 2012, 03:51:18 pm »

Added to the waitlist. Keep that sheet with you, I ask every new player to post their sheet a second time for various reasons.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #919 on: January 26, 2012, 04:57:01 pm »

As Kin explored the cave his mind wandered back towards that particular old human, John was it? An interesting character.

"Maybe," he thought, "I should try to apologize to that farmer, Grandar, again. Maybe bring something to ease his loss. Yes, that is what I should do."

Kin started to hunt for the biggest and tastiest prey he could carry while flying and present its bloody body for the farmer. "I'm sure he's going to forgive me now."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 26, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »

"Maybe," he thought, "I should try to apologize to that farmer, Grandar, again. Maybe bring something to ease his loss. Yes, that is what I should do."
Grandar is the name of the God of Justice, not the farmer. Or is that just your character being a dummy?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #921 on: January 26, 2012, 05:29:37 pm »

Being a dummy, he thinks that Grandar is the name of the farmer. He is still pretty naive about the humans and their naming habits so having a human with the name of the God of Justice, which he doesn't know of either, isn't strange to him.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 27, 2012, 12:04:51 am »

Continue trekking northwest, searching for a settlement that's far enough from where I was that I shouldn't have to worry about my parents finding me. That's a very, very long distance.

Once I find such a settlement, or sufficiently interesting feature, attempt to enter and question nearby squishy things about it, or just inspect it if uninhabited.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 27, 2012, 04:30:05 pm »

We can't stop here, this is bat terrifyingly ruled atheist country!

Pay a visit to the nearest non-atheist, non-kill-dragons-on-sight country. Start flyin'!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2012, 04:36:39 pm »

We can't stop here, this is bat terrifyingly ruled atheist country!

Pay a visit to the nearest non-atheist, non-kill-dragons-on-sight country. Start flyin'!
Please be less vague. There are two choices, Rihosis or Solari, both are roughly equal in distance.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 28, 2012, 06:05:23 am »

Yeah okay, Rihosis.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 34: Meh, think up something witty yourself.
« Reply #926 on: February 01, 2012, 09:35:43 pm »

Apologies for taking so long. I'm a procrastinator, I didn't like quite a few actions (various reasons ranging from boring, to short, to ignorant, or even to too vague), and I didn't preemptively make parts of the turn, so what can you do?

Well, you guys can make less vague and more exciting actions for me to write, that's what you can do.

Regardless, here is your turn for your brains to nom on.

Shrug, or atleast as much as a Dragon can, and fly off. Search the tile to the north, now.
[3][3][5][1][2]

You find a massive waterfall on a cliff. Near it at the bottom of the cliff and to the right of the waterfall is tainted, blackened land. On the top of the cliff and to the left, a small town and a massive temple to some deity.

Scientia sighs. Retroactively realizing that moving a mysterious magic rock is a bit of a lapse in judgement, she decides to head over to a nearby town to gather information from those who would know more than she. Hopefully they did not remember the fiasco from earlier. And perhaps she could learn a thing or two as well.
Head north-northwest, after a short nap.
You take a small nap--which turns out being slightly longer than you want it, dammit--you head to the city.

You land, and like before a bunch of men walk out.

"...You again? Are you planning on staying more than five seconds or are you trying to sneak into the city through the front gate?" The leader mocks.

Cevitil imagined the men in his mind. He smiled, knowing that he had a purpose now.

Cevitil hated wandering.

Cevitil begins to travel north-west, attempting to think of the place that he is going. If possible, attempt to find a map on the way and take a good look at it.
You have no idea where to get a map, so you get going immediately.

You fly across the gigantic lake that separates your home island with the mainland. For what seems like hours, you flap your wings under the painful heat of the sun. And just when you're about to give in, you find land and immediately land, tired.

Tired: Cannot fly for 3 turns.

Look around the city for something I could buy, then meet the mage after he finally gets there.
You look around the city for things you can buy. There are over a thousand things you could buy. Turns out, giving me a vague as hell action will get a vague as hell response. Who knew.

Anyway, after about 2 hours, you go to meet the man at his shop in the main city. The man is outside of his shop, waiting for you.

"Ah, right, you. I remember you wanted to talk to me about something, right? Something about... faces? Sorry, old age comes with frog memory. Or is that foggy memory? Whatever, out with it dragon, I'm getting older each second, I'm not willing to waste too much of my life anymore."

Observe and try to understand.
You're not sure how to understand but you certainly can observe.

A human in white robes walks back into the room holding a large book. "Here, this entire book is dedicated to polymorphing into a dragon." She says.

"This entire book?" Jomas replies.

"Yes."

"Oh boy. Wait, how do I turn back human again?" Jomas says as he picks up the book.

"...Oh. Right. We kinda skipped that, didn't we?"

"Son of a-"

"No, not in front of my son. Don't worry, you can borrow this ring until you learn how to polymorph into a human again. It should be somewhere in the book with the Drake spell."

"Er, thanks."

The human takes off her ring, and transforms... into your mother? Then she transfers the ring to Jomas, who puts it on and returns to normal. Jomas then goes back into the room he was in before. This is very confusing for you.

"Son, stay here, I have to check something. I'll be back soon." She turns and sets of to find what she's looking for, leaving you alone.

Nuvian spat on the ground, singing it. "'Dark servant'... I just wanted to be powerful. But doing tasks for gods is harder work than it should be! I won't prove to Salar that I'm helpless... I'll solve this without her help. She'll be baffled!"

Go a little farther south, but stay on the ground. Keep a watchful eye for hints of the necromancer.
[5-1][Int:3+1]: You walk further south and come across tracks. However, being a dragon and having limited contact with humans, you have no exact idea which direction it heads. Though considering it leads both to the graveyard and away, the tracks leading away--to the east--must be the way to something else.

Anthramarux nods once again, a bit somberly. She could appreciate the need for secrecy-and it would, as an afterthought, protect her own secret as much as his.

So he was a thief, and a murderer-if the masked man was to be believed. And he was owned by some ruling body.One that took a dim look toward self introspection, no doubt-a pack of wolves did not easily let is members walk away, after all...

A pity. But, intriguing. Just another facet of Humanity, one she had barely uncovered. She could imagine killing, in defense-killing for money? Well, she could understand that too-the divine right of the predator over the prey. Ah, what pains must the Human soul be forced to accept such an existence...or maybe it was natural. Were they embracing some inner animal, or merely choosing to become one? Questions, questions.

She was lost in thought, as she made her made across the city, occasionally getting directions toward the Drunken Sailor. True to her word, she would wait for him.

Action: Make my way to the Drunken Sailor and wait for Arillis, if he shows up or sends a message. While waiting, gather up the information I was searching for earlier while there-major locations, and places that train fighting and magic.
You make your way to the Drunken Sailor, and wait outside for Arilis.

You talk to passer-byes for major locations and fighting/magic training places.

They mention the Dogess' castle, the City Hall, and the Southern Fields--a large farmland south of the city as major places. They also mention the Fighter's Guild for fighting training, and the Mages Guild for Magic. How appropriate.

You wait for two hours for Arilis, but he has not come yet.

As Kin explored the cave his mind wandered back towards that particular old human, John was it? An interesting character.

Kin started to hunt for the biggest and tastiest prey he could carry while flying and present its bloody body for the farmer. "I'm sure he's going to forgive me now."
You hunt for another dragon. You die. Should have been less vague.

You hunt for a deer. You find a powerful buck trotting through the forest. You glide down [5] on his legs without him even noticing you, crushing them. His death comes quickly as you bite hard on his neck.

Content, you decide to yank it off the ground and fly it to the farmer. After finding him, you drop the deer in front of the farmer and land yourself. He stares at the corpse, saying nothing. Maybe he's confused.

+1 Agility.

Continue trekking northwest, searching for a settlement that's far enough from where I was that I shouldn't have to worry about my parents finding me. That's a very, very long distance.

Once I find such a settlement, or sufficiently interesting feature, attempt to enter and question nearby squishy things about it, or just inspect it if uninhabited.

Still being tired, you are forced to walk the way northwest.

You only make it one tile further as a result. And that's across mountains. This is only tiring you further. You cannot go as far as you want in such a short amount of time.

You fly east, until you cross over the border of Rihosis. You are pretty tired now.

...What now?

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

On another note, 3 people are within flying distance of another but do not know of their others' presence. Bites at you, doesn't it? :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 01, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »

"Theres a massive metal object with a face on it to the south of here, you said you knew about those kind of things?"
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:57 pm »

Head to the east. Investigate.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 01, 2012, 10:00:02 pm »

"There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for my behavior earlier." Scientia retorts. "I am not inclined to tell you said reason, but no, I am not trying to 'sneak in', as you put it. I suspect that someone of my size and rare coloring would be somewhat easy to spot. Unless," she says with a grin, "All human eyes are as poor as you are implying yours to be?"

"Alas, I am not here to trade banter," she continues flatly. "Does this town have a person skilled in the arcane arts?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 136