Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210521 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

It has a face, thus it's clearly a Ganmen.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Is it a brightly-colored metal?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I have heard the name Gundam but I have no idea what it is (And I'm not really interested in what it is either). It's just a large 'remote'-controlled walking machine.

Is it a brightly-colored metal?
Yes, brownish white.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I actually meant Ganmen like Irony but I couldn't remember if it was that or Gunmen and I didn't want to mess it up, so I went for a close analogue. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Its both names I think. Minor translation error or some such.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, well he wasn't hungry anymore. Something in the back of Jargon's brain seemed to crave the feeling of tearing into flesh, chewing and swallowing, but his belly was full. Normally a nap would be in order, but the young dragon was curious at the strange green being that made him not-hungry.

Attempt to sneak after the mage, and investigate this strange 'magic'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ooc: As to the Christmas stuff... uhh. I'm not really sure what you mean, but I'll give it a try. So three objects of interest:

#1 Goblet of Everflowing, A simple gold goblet with a magic ability to be filled with any liquid, from blood to wine. Of special note is the magic potions it can be filled with that will entice a drinker to like the owner of the sentient goblet better. However, the content is not always known to the owner, and the goblet has a twisted side to it's personality that sometimes causes chaos with odd brews and even poisons.

#2 Band of Human Shell, An ancient dragon artifact. A ring of gold made to fit a single dragon claw that will polymorph the wearer into a human for about 24 hours. Extended use can cause the dragon to loose control over it's mind, and become at odds with a 'human self'.

#3 Star of Aphiel, This massive emerald is the focus of a faerie princess. The poor creature cannot fly more than 100 feet from the gemstone, so with the emerald you technically get the fairy. A treasure that any dragon would be proud to have in their hoard(especially evil ones who like slaves).

Hope that's the sort of idea you were going with? Not sure how to choose between what my dragon would want and what I would want... I've got some nice storyhook items here, any of the three would make for fun rp I think. If I'm totally off, let me know and I'll think up something else.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ooc: As to the Christmas stuff... uhh. I'm not really sure what you mean, but I'll give it a try. So three objects of interest:
What. How the hell can you not understand? It's... so simple that anything simpler would cause my mind to bleed. I like my mind. I don't want it bleeded. nooooooo

#1 Goblet of Everflowing, A simple gold goblet with a magic ability to be filled with any liquid, from blood to wine. Of special note is the magic potions it can be filled with that will entice a drinker to like the owner of the sentient goblet better. However, the content is not always known to the owner, and the goblet has a twisted side to it's personality that sometimes causes chaos with odd brews and even poisons.
Just so you know, with this you are giving me the ability to screw you over on universal scales.

#2 Band of Human Shell, An ancient dragon artifact. A ring of gold made to fit a single dragon claw that will polymorph the wearer into a human for about 24 hours. Extended use can cause the dragon to loose control over it's mind, and become at odds with a 'human self'.
For your information (I have a feeling I might have got that line wrong), I let Dwarmin get away with a similar ring with none of the downsides or limitations. So if you want you can chop it down into it's most basic function: Turning you into a human as long as it's worn with no side effects.

#3 Star of Aphiel, This massive emerald is the focus of a faerie princess. The poor creature cannot fly more than 100 feet from the gemstone, so with the emerald you technically get the fairy. A treasure that any dragon would be proud to have in their hoard(especially evil ones who like slaves).
This one is slightly edgy. It's an object that gives you another creature. I'm against giving the players creatures without them having to work for it, not tasteful in my mind.

If I'm totally off, let me know and I'll think up something else.
Only #3 I have any problems with. #3 has a high chance of me not including in a dice roll between the choices because I... don't really like it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Btw, edited my turn a bit. Saw a chance for GM evil.

Ahh, paranoia. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You honestly don't need to worry much about me. I'm only really cruel when it'd be hilarious or when I'm annoyed at someone. I don't see how I could make your turn halarious and I'm not annoyed at you.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:59:57 am by Tarran »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, ok then, here's a couple changes.

As to the not understanding part, it wasn't the actual gifts that were giving me trouble, it was the 'choose stuff for your dragon, or if you are cheap choose for yourself' comment... Been trying to think of stuff my dragon would want and use, with interesting story bits that could come along with them. Not even sure how I would choose things for myself and didn't really appreciate being called cheap when I'm just starting. *shrug* But no biggie.

Going to drop #2 and #3, for replacements. Figured if the mage near me is working on polymorph drake... chances are(bad rolls aside) mom or someone around Jargon can teach him how to turn himself into a human. Or at least to look like one. I didn't know Dwarmin's character already had the ring idea. I haven't really read through all the posts, I may go back and check things out in a day or two, but for now just focusing on my own plot line. And besides, reading all that would just tempt me to meta anyway.

So new items:
#2 Mirror of Distant Communication, Creates a 2 way 'video phone call' to other dragons(they see a hovering picture and appear in the mirror for the user to see). The only issue being it has a chance of 'dialing' a random dragon, and more experienced dragon mages can trace the mirror to it's source.

#3 Kraken Tendril, A piece of the legendary monster of the sea, this item allows the user to summon vast amounts of sea water, and to control it mentally(direct it, hold it in place, nothing too fancy). While seperate from the great beast, it seems to very much still be alive, and will wriggle and squirm trying to get back to the main body.

Hopefully these work out better. Though I was kinda looking forward to having a fairy to do my bidding. Guess I'll have to pray to the RNG gods and find some myself when the time comes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:46:45 am by Haika »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As to the not understanding part, it wasn't the actual gifts that were giving me trouble, it was the 'choose stuff for your dragon, or if you are cheap choose for yourself' comment... Been trying to think of stuff my dragon would want and use, with interesting story bits that could come along with them. Not even sure how I would choose things for myself and didn't really appreciate being called cheap when I'm just starting. *shrug* But no biggie.
Oh, I wasn't saying that you're cheap, I was saying IF you are cheap.

So new items:
#2 Mirror of Distant Communication, Creates a 2 way 'video phone call' to other dragons(they see a hovering picture and appear in the mirror for the user to see). The only issue being it has a chance of 'dialing' a random dragon, and more experienced dragon mages can trace the mirror to it's source.
Hmmm... Making a 'video' in this age is a bit... strange in this world. The concept just plain strikes me as strange especially since, where does the video come from? Like, say a dragon is underground: What is giving off this video? And what is it giving it off with?

Now, to the technical limitations of this: You did not mention any limits on calling, meaning you could just plain antagonize someone by calling. This makes me uncertain.
You can call any dragon, no limitations listed. Even ones that do not exist yet or you've only heard about in name. I'd be more content if it has the limitation of only being able to call dragons who's name you know and who you've met before.

Other than that, I don't see any more complaints.

#3 Kraken Tendril, A piece of the legendary monster of the sea, this item allows the user to summon vast amounts of sea water, and to control it mentally(direct it, hold it in place, nothing too fancy). While seperate from the great beast, it seems to very much still be alive, and will wriggle and squirm trying to get back to the main body.
A limit on casting per turn(s) and the amount you can summon would be ideal. Without a limit, you could technically just spam water and drown anything and everything.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm... Making a 'video' in this age is a bit... strange in this world. The concept just plain strikes me as strange especially since, where does the video come from? Like, say a dragon is underground: What is giving off this video? And what is it giving it off with?

Now, to the technical limitations of this: You did not mention any limits on calling, meaning you could just plain antagonize someone by calling. This makes me uncertain.
You can call any dragon, no limitations listed. Even ones that do not exist yet or you've only heard about in name. I'd be more content if it has the limitation of only being able to call dragons who's name you know and who you've met before.

Other than that, I don't see any more complaints.
I was thinking that I needed to know the dragon, or it would just randomly call and then it's GM choice. And the whole video thing just meant visuals. You see the dragon you are talking to in the mirror, and they see a floating magic-y image of you. Maybe fluff it out as something like the Amber cards, for those who know that series. You have to concentrate on the dragon you want to call, and have seen them before, as well as their name, then they have to mentally 'accept' the call for it to work.

A limit on casting per turn(s) and the amount you can summon would be ideal. Without a limit, you could technically just spam water and drown anything and everything.
I suppose that's reasonable, maybe something like it needs a turn to recharge at least, and it only will summon one adult dragon's volume worth of water(still lots of water, but not Noah amounts).

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Appaluase for the Heltens!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:V WILD NECROMANCER HUNT. You're a good writer, Tarran. I liked the last turn a lot.

Nuvian bumbled around the graves looking for any sign of the necromancer. A dropped tome, a torn shred of robe... anything! Blast, she never thinks these things through. Being an evil servant is hard work!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Greetings, goddess. I had questions for you - for any god, really - but I realize now I should not bother a being of your stature with such nonsense. However, I cannot help but to notice the unfortunate state of your worship in these lands. This was the only shrine I could find - and here it is, tucked in the mountainside, hidden from view. Does this state of affairs not worry you?'

Semakhet talks! Woah!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 136