Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210493 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

After his talk with the old man Kin felt a bit better and was about to fly back to his cave when he thought of something.
"I never asked but what is your name? I am Kin."

After asking for the old mans name Kin flew back to his cave and started to collect more of the precious material.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Thinking hard about the groves, Scientia comes to the conclusion that the monoliths are too big an unknown to brazenly approach the larger one. She sets her sights on the duller looking one, determined to find out what exactly they are.

To the larger but duller grove!
You land in the duller grove. And inspect the monoliths. They appear to radiate magical energy, like the the one in your cave. These ones, however, are depleted of magic and are much more stable than the one you had. Also, they are much larger.

Besides that, the only other interesting stuff is the slightly chaotic plants. Nothing else is interesting.

Unearth the metal. If its an ore or something like that that I can't dig out, unearth as much of it as possible, then try clawing it.
You unearth massive amounts of the metal. It seems interconnected, and nearly clean of impurities.

Suddenly, you unearth a massive... face. Of some sort. Or, more accurately, a metal shaped like a face.

This appears to be a massive... machine? Left behind from a long time ago. Attempts to claw a bit off are met with pain and failure. This metal is very stiff and strong.

--Repulsion, see an above for your turn (AKA Your laziness is met with my laziness)--

Her eyes opened thusly, Anthramarux drew new insights. Firstly-there were a lot of Humans. If this city was large, and she knew there many cities in the world both bigger and smaller, the amount of them had to be quite staggering.,.and there were more every day-she had seen many more children than the old ones. And the children annoyed her, following and tugging on her skirt, saying things-like "Your eyes are weird" and "Whats wrong with your shadow" and "Why are you walking so funny"

Oddly, the Older and middle aged humans didn't seem to notice anything 'odd' about her. They just smiled in an odd way, nodding their heads whatever she said, as if they had trouble looking directly at her face, and their gaze tended to fall downwards. Was it something about her feet? Anthramarux thought her feet looked wonderfully perfect, like the rest of her.

...Secondly, Humans were very impatient. They did everything so fast-saying hello and saying goodbye and kissing and fighting and buying and eating. She supposed it was because of their short little lives-barely a hundred years, if they were extremely lucky. Poor Humans.

Which begged a certain paranoid thought-was her own Dragon age accelerated in Human form? Would a year spent as a Human (shudder the thought) take out a 1000 years  or more off her life as a Dragon? A terrifying concept-she would have to ask Tarran God about that. Or maybe he already knew...

At one point, she had sat down in an 'Inn'-the place had a sign with a stylized green dragon outside of it, so it looked promising to her-and watched the patrons as they ate and drank. Of particular interest to her was a random couple gathering together-a Human man and a Human woman, who bumped into each other accidently, began talking, and courting each other all in the space of ten minutes-her Mother had said Dragons courted over decades, or even centuries...and these Humans coupled barely even before they knew each others name.

Then the couple had left together, went up the 'stairs' and promptly vanished. Probably to count their treasures together, she guessed, like Dragons did. What else?

Also-Stairs, an odd concept, but useful if you didn't have wings. In fact, the whole concept of buildings was somewhat odd to her. They were not roomy or cavernous like caves-very cramped, as if Humans liked to be forced together-and in fact she could barely see how Humans trusted their lives to feeble planks of wood to hold up the 'roof'.

Thirdly! This place was confusing-without wings, she could only tramp along, possibly going in circles. She had been wandering-literally-for hours, and she had no idea where she was. Every place was different, and new-no two Humans seemed to favor the same place to live, work or play, and they had no marks she could identify. There were these 'signs' everywhere, but she had no idea what they meant-some had arrows, others letter, numbers or pictures.

On top of that, she was hungry and thirsty-and she knew for a fact, that her dragon meal should have kept her full for a few days, at least-it had only been a scant few hours since the tasty mudcrabs. She felt like...meat, naturally. And she wanted to try those other drinks humans had-not merely water, but whatever it was seemed to make them happy.

Humans congregated at these 'pubs' and 'inns' to eat, drink and carouse, she noted-so she thought to go there, and get some direction to the cities major sights. Boning up on her Human manners couldn't hurt either.
----------------------

Action: Anthramarux heads into the nearest pub and orders some meaty food and ale. She tries to strike up a conversation with a Human for directions around town.

She asks about the locations of major sights-historical landmarks and places where one can study magic and train combat ability.

After obtaining said information, she'll head to a magical college, if it exists.

[1]: You head into the nearest pub and order food and ale. The bar is made of blank, partially rotted wood, and the cups and dishes are made of wood. The bartender is a muscular, plain man. The food looks somewhat second-rate, and some other people cough and gag slightly when drinking the ale. You then try to talk to the man next to you, who is horribly drunk. You then ask about directions in town.

"Hehehhh... h-... how about you show me y-*Hic*-our booty? Ehhhh? I've got... a want to..."

You then back away instinctively. Huh. Strange.

You then ask another drunken human for locations of major sights.

"How about... those five sights... on you, ehh babby?"

You back away instinctively again. Finally, a non-drunken man in leather armor walks by you and stops. He speaks, in a dark voice.

"I think you're out of place, ma'am. This place is where lowlifes go to drink and commit adultery. Unless you've got business with the guys in the back rooms, or want to get laid by lowlifes, this is a very bad place for a woman to be. A nicer location would be 'The Drunken Sailor', and even that is considered a low end inn. This one is the bottom of the barrel."

The bartender then puts down your food and drink on the table with a blank expression. The man who had talked to you walks out and into the crowd outside. Something tells you that he's right and this is a bad place for a woman to be. Perhaps looking for a better establishment would be a better idea. Suddenly, you notice your pocket is heavier. Strange, the man put a dagger in your pocket... and without you even noticing. Impressive.

Search for the power, then.
You look around for the power. [5]: You find the source: A skeleton holding a magic staff. The magic staff is made out of thick, solid wood, and has a magic crystal embedded in the top which glows blood red. The skeleton has a tattered black robe, and likely was holding the book which is on the ground behind him. The book is black, and the letters on front say "Necromancy: Books for Masters. CAUTION: DANGEROUS SPELLS, DANGEROUS IMAGES, AND DANGEROUS TEXT."

Jargon stretched as he listened to the first person he ever met speak about things he barely understood. He assumed that she was important, but storytime isn't making his belly full.

Jargon uses 'baby dragon cute' eyes on his mother to try and get food.
[Cha:5+1]: You make direct eye-eye, mind-mind, and soul-soul contact with mother. Your charms are irresistible. Your want to nom on something obvious.

"You're hungry? Oh, hmmm... Jomas!" Your mother shouts out down the cave.

A human in green robes runs down to the room. "Yes, mistress?" The human responds in a calm, learned, young voice.

"Do you know any spells that make food?"

"...Ummm... maybe, I'll have to check my spellbook memos. Why? Oh!" He looks at you. "Your child is finally born?"

"Yes, and he's hungry. So can you check your spellbook?" "Sure."

The man pulls out a book, which he folds out several times and it becomes much, much larger. He then flips pages multiple times.

"Set fire, no... Polymorph Toad no... Scare Soul no... Ahh! Minor Meal! Or is that Minor Heal? The M looks weird, I think I might have gotten some sap on it. Bah, whatever, no harm in using it. Ful-Min-XOS!"

Suddenly, your stomach feels fuller. The man repeats the spell several times, and you are now very full. The man is quite tired looking, though.

"Thank you Jomas, you may return to trying out Polymorph Drake." "Thank you mistress. If you hear any screams it'll likely be coming from me." The human smiles as he turns to leave.

+3 Charisma.

((Alright, I decided to let you get a late-christmas gift. List the top 3 things your character wants or would want later in life. Alternatively, if you're a cheap roleplayer, list the top 3 things you want. I will decide, with dice and my own opinion, what you will get. The things you wish for must be an object or something that can be given by an object.))

Inspired by the chat about gods yesterday, Semakhet sets out to find a shrine and strike up discussion with a god!
You set out to find a shrine.

However, considering Othem is atheist, finding a shrine that actually works is very difficult. You find 6 shrines which have either been desecrated, or are run down, before you come across one hidden very tightly in the mountains. It glows with a... dark energy. You try to get a conversation with a god, and amazingly you hear a response.

"...What are you calling me for, mortal? What is so important that I, goddess of the night and cold, would care?" You hear in a cold, female voice. The voice is nearly emotionless.

Something tells you that she likely is not interested in petty talking.

"Ah, my mistake. I am young, and unversed in the ways of the gods," Nuvian tilts her head. "I will return when the necromancer has been subdued."

Fly off to the south looking for the necromancer.
"Before you go..." Salar interrupts you before you leave. "...I have something which may help you."

A scroll appears on the altar. "This scroll contains a single spell which will send a single undead, of any strength, back to my realm. Keep it. Should you find yourself against a tough undead of any sort which you cannot handle, use it against them. I would not be pleased to see you in my realm.

Oh, wait, I didn't get to tell you..." You don't hear Salar as you go looking for the necromancer after picking up the scroll.

UNFORTUNATELY YOU DID NOT ASK FOR FURTHER DIRECTIONS. So you're flying without any idea of where the necromancer is besides that he's just in the general area... Good luck trying to find him in the forest hurp. [4]: Well, you find the graveyard, but no-one's there. Plenty of graves are desecrated, though.

"Thank you... sage. This has been most helpful."

Head northwest. As in, far northwest.
You go as far northwest as you can, flying as fast as possible. You notice the sun shines slightly dimmer on you as you fly. Hm, perhaps you should be smarter at choosing your enemies. Regardless, you fly as far as you can before you exhaust yourself. You need a rest, badly. You land in the forest, panting heavily.

+3 Agility.

Tired: Cannot fly for 3 turns.

After his talk with the old man Kin felt a bit better and was about to fly back to his cave when he thought of something.
"I never asked but what is your name? I am Kin."

After asking for the old mans name Kin flew back to his cave and started to collect more of the precious material.
The man smiles. "Urvran. John Urvran. Nice to meet you, Kid." He grins after making a poke at your name and at the same time making an appropriate sentence. Clever.

You then fly back to your cave and try to collect more metal. There is none, you already knocked all of it out.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Helten army 1 moves east, engaging Sarduk army 2.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)

I hope I got everything! It's one of the few times in a while that I've updated in less than 5 days so I'm not sure if I've got everything.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 07:03:08 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Hrm... how large are these monoliths?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ranging from slightly smaller than you in area of it's base and twice as tall as your length, to a quarter of you in area of it's base and half your length. Remember that you are the size of two horses.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

hrm... I want to know what exactly these do... and the effect it generates may be useful. I'll see if the humans know anything about these before messing with the wild ones, though.

Intrigued by the monoliths, Scientia attempts to pick one of the smaller ones up and set it much closer to home in a vegetated area, though still a distance away from the cave.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Anthramarux didn't even know how to use a dagger, but she supposed it was pretty self explanatory...insert the pointy end into the fleshy bit. That sounded wrong in a way she didn't even know how.

She tossed down a random assortment of coins on the bar to pay for her 'food' and fled. and quickly left the bar, ignoring the rude men she felt like tearing limb from limb. That wouldn't be very polite. But it would have been enjoyable. Indeed.

...but, the other one had been honorable. She looked through the crowd-was that him, there? Maybe...she at least wanted his name.

She hurried toward the figure...

Action: Pay my tab, then leave the bar-not touching the food. :P

Try to follow and speak to the man in leather Armor
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 05:31:14 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Is the amount of metal bigger than myself?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FAR bigger. At the absolute minimum, 10 times your size. The face itself is as big as yourself.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

...Well, thats quite a bit. Is there anymore of it to extract?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. You've only unsurfaced the absolute top half inch or so. There's still a ton of it still buried even further down. Note that this thing is laying sideways.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Mark this spot in a way that would make it easier to find again, then fly back north to the mages and ask if they know of any potentially ancient gargantuan metal objects with metal faces, or Would be interested in digging out one.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:00:07 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mark this spot in a way that would make it easier to find again,
Redundancy ahoy.

((Honestly, you don't think a bright shiny cluster of metal the size of 20 horses is easy enough to spot?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Raikonai snorted. Oh, the goddess of the sun wasn't pleased with him, boohoo. Perhaps when he was older he'd resemble a great living shadow anyway, as his parents did.

For now, he needed rest, and preferably some delicious food. He'd been in hiding and on his own enough to figure both out.

Rest for a bit, preferably in a hollow tree or other such shelter. If there's time, hunt down some delicious meat when I'm not so tired.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

From too high up it might be, but however you want to do it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Honestly, you don't think a bright shiny cluster of metal the size of 20 horses is easy enough to spot?

Did Akylon find a Gundam? ??? I mean, it does have a giant metal face...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 136