Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210505 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Really? Well, if you say so. Hakia gets in this turn. After-christmas bonus might come depending on how I'm feeling.

Anyway, in my boredom, I created several new breath weapons (which are gifts from the gods) and a few other misc stuff.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, I understand it's unfair that those of you that are already in cannot change it. So, if you want to change your breath weapon either for roleplaying or so you can have the breath weapon you wanted at the start of the game, you can go to the shrines/altars of the god who's gift you want (which should be very easy to find, since there are shrines and altars everywhere), and the god will give it to you if you have requested it. I will only do this once, so make sure that you want to change before you do so. Tail and claw changes for the current players are not allowed at the moment, I don't want to go overboard with changes.

In a later state of the game, I may, so people can roleplay, add multiple new sections entirely. From soul age to scale type. I'm currently weary on it though, so it might not be for a while. However, if you really like to customize your character, feel free to tell me.

In that case, begin searching further and further away from my home.
You search the tile to the east, in the low mountains. Which was where you were previously trying to live.

As you have already searched a section (near home), your search will find less stuff.

[5][1][5]: You find a temple that, while impressive, is very old, decayed, and rusted. It still glows of something powerful, though. In addition, you feel a certain powerful energy, though you have no idea where it is located. You would have to search for it.

Investigate magical groves.
You investigate the groves, but without landing at one of them you cannot make out all the details.

They seem to radiate with magic, and various strange magical plants and fungi grow there. The water is not a standard blue, but slightly purple. There are a few magic monoliths radiating magic into the surrounding area.

One is much larger than the other, but has far less monoliths, and the monoliths it does have are looking somewhat... dull.

The other is small but packed with monoliths all round. The plants are chaotic and weird. There's also something... special about this grove.

[Int:5+1]: You are curious about what kind of plants you could find, but you fear that the monoliths' magic is dangerous.

Checkout the dirt formation, then continue south if theres no point to the dirt formation besides being odd.
You check out the dirt. It looks as if it's in a strange shape. You dig, and discover that not far underneath the dirt there is a strange metal in a smooth shape.

Lick my wounds and go rest in the cave
You lick your wounds, which do not help at all, and go to sleep in your cave.

You awake, rested and your wounds are moderately healed. Still scars, though.

+6 HP.

Anthramarux thought she looked perfect, because of course she was.

She marveled at her own reflection, the only thing that impressed her-shiny perfect 'hair', dark brown with a few stripes of the darker purple, like that coloring her scales-soft pink skin-and such fine dexterous legs and fingers-and those bumps on her chest were shapely, if a bit awkward to carry around, always bouncing about. Most interesting was her eyes, since they looked almost the same as they did in her Dragon form, if a bit less...hard. All in all she felt much softer and less mean, and frankly it wasn't a bad feeling. It was like a vacation from her usual diet of Draconic rage and anger.

She wondered if the Human mind was interfering with her Draconic soul to make her feel this way? No matter. But she reminded herself-Mother had said shape change magic's worst danger was loss of self...

Anthramarux packed up her things-wow this stuff was sort of heavy now!-and made her way toward the city. Repressing the urge to drop to all fours and whomp forward like Dragons are supposed to, she started...walking...but it was too slow! How did Humans ever get anywhere like that? She decided hopping was better.

The Dragon turned Woman started skipping down the path carelessly, clearing a foot with every hop. When she was no one was watching her, she began to sing in her Human voice, which certainly carried a better tune even if it lacked the power of the Dragons roar...it had been a secret wish of hers, for so very long, to sing and make music like her Father had. She never knew him, but he figured if his spirit was watching, he might be proud. It wasn't a song with words, right now-it was just a happy, lighthearted feeling, expressed like... 'La la la...la, la laa la la..."

Action: Skip and sing my way toward the City!

Once there, mingle with the Humans, and learn their ways-also, look for a Church of the Tarran God.

You skip and sing like a girl who just got a great toy. And you did get a great toy, in fact. You sing and skip for a long time, attracting the passing eyes and attention of various farmers, who all grow a smile as you pass.

Eventually you make it to the city, incredibly tired from skipping with such a heavy load. It is of moderate wealth. Most buildings are made of log housing, but most are wealthy enough that the wood looks in good shape, and some are even made out of stone. The city has large expanses of free space, and the main road leading to the castle has rows of well kept trees. There are hundreds or thousands of people in the city, and most seem to be happy and friendly even to strangers. You begin watching people and how they act. Amazingly, it doesn't seem even remotely alien to what you'd accept. They seem pretty similar to dragons in many ways. How they greet, positions in society, bartering, partying, courting, all seem to be familiar concepts to you, it's just the frequency that sets them far apart from you and your fellow dragons. It seems that they do social and friendly actions far more often than dragons, and violent humans often get angry glances or, if they commit a "crime", they are sent to "jail". [5] You learn a lot of various techniques from the many hundreds of humans.

You then ask various people where a shrine to this "Tarran" god is, but all of them tell you that there are none in the city. Eventually, however, you get a response.

"Tarran...? I don't think he has an altar here, but I've read a book that says he has an altar on the top of that mountain there..." He points to the tallest mountain on the island. "Not many people know of him these days. Very few still visit his altars. Considering he is God of Gods, God of Emotion, and God of Life he must be pretty sad."

+2 Charisma.

((On another note, I forgot to move your location onto the city. Argh))

"Sounds wise. Thank you for your assistance, mortal."

Find this Agnet the Elder. Inquire about geography, politics, and other tools necessary for escaping in a graceful manner.
The priest looks confused at why you called him mortal. And you are too, because you're a mortal too.

You then ask around the town for Agnet, the elder. After only a few people, you get a direction and go that way.

You arrive at Agnet's house. You knock on the door. Agnet opens and is surprised to see a young dragon in front of him

You ask about geography, politics, and similar. He gives you a color-coded map with a list of colors and explains the local area. He points on the map where you are currently. He also explains the concept of north, south, east, and west to you.

Spoiler: Map and Note (click to show/hide)

((Ask more specific questions if you want more specific answers, you're being extremely vague))

Action: Head to Salar's altar. Pray to Salar.
You fly to the altar of Salar, which smells of... not decay, but... something dead. Souls? Ehhh. It's also fairly filled with cobwebs, but the Altar still looks in fine shape.

Anyway, you pray to Salar, and wait for a response. You suddenly hear an upset, impatient, old woman's voice.

"Mortal, what do you want? Be quick, I've got hundreds of souls I need to distribute to the other gods or imprison for memory wiping, and the war to the south is not done yet."

Pace carefully and slowly into the temple, looking around as to absorb as much information as possible, such as what this gods name is. If I find out the name, and he/she is not an evil god: Attempt to find the altar, and when I do kneel before it, praying:

"Great [INSERT GOD'S NAME HERE], I ask of you to aid me with your divine providence, so that I may find the power and the will to find and kill the men who murdered my father."
You inspect the temple, and find out that the god is a 'male', is neutral, and his name is Banther.

You approach the altar, and pray, asking for help. Almost immediately, there is a response.

"So you're looking for justice? Well, friend, I'm afraid I can't do that, justice belongs to Grandar, god of... well, justice. I'm the god of punishment, I only deal out punishments. I don't decide if the punishment needs to be dealt, Grandar does." You hear in your head in a demonic, but somehow-non-evil, and even somewhat kind voice.

"Our temples are usually close to another, so check out the area to your right as you exit the temple. I'll tell him that you're coming. Good luck with Grandar, uhhh... Cevitil? Yes, I think that's your name. Sorry, busy dealing with a 105-time murderer. He's got a lot of punishment ahead for him, I'm sure you can understand. Well, bye, I can't afford to talk anymore, tight schedule especially with you mortals talking to me from around the world."

Then, the voice stops.

Repenting his actions, Kin took off again and flew over to the group of farmers, circling in the air. He did remember that one of the farmers did give him a furious glare but as he circled the group of farmers he couldn't see that particular farmer. All he saw was a panicked bunch running around like headless chickens. Kin flew back to the old man asking him to point out the farmer he had slighted.

"I am ashamed to say that I've not come across many humans so I have a hard time to remember your faces. I hope you could help me point out the owner of the cow."

If the old man agree to help Kin, Kin flies off towards the farmer and apologize. Then he will return to the old man.
If not, Kin tries to apologize without the old mans help and then return home.

"You can't recognize our faces? Well, here's a hint: It's not just the faces you should remember short term, it's the clothes. Short term, clothes are much easier to recognize than faces. Anyway, I last saw him tending his cows. He's not even remotely happy."

You know the place, and fly off towards where you had got the cows before. You arrive, and the farmer is not happy indeed. You try to apologize. You get a cold stare instead. "Just leave me." he says and he walks away.

You fly back to the old man, rejection clearly obvious on your face. "He told you to go away? Ehh, don't let it bother you. Be fair, you did try to steal his cow, and likely would have ate it I assume? He has every right to be angry. Just let him calm down, he'll get over it in a few days, or a few weeks at worst. You did the right thing by at least trying. People respect that, and Grandar tends to be more merciful if you apologize."

-1 Cruelty.
-1 Trustworthiness.

Quote from: Haika
Be born.
Place of birth: 11, Kingdom of Grathos.

[5]: You've been in here for a long, long time. Hours? Days? Months? ...Years? You do not know. But you do know that your time here is at an end. As you run out of yolk, and get bigger still, you realize that your time of complete relaxation is coming to an end. But you do not leave in fear, you leave with a brave attempt. You set your legs against one end, and push against the other end, cracking your egg and sending you flying out.

A figure stands over you, silent and motionless. Suddenly, she speaks. "Well, aren't you eager to see the world? Hah, well, I suppose you're looking for a name, aren't you? Hmm... how about... Jargon? Yes, that sounds appropriate. Welcome to the world, son."

[2]: "If only father were still around. He would have been overjoyed to see you born. Alas, his roguish and assassin ways lead to his demise. I always told him that the humans were determined and would get him if he wasn't careful..."

+5 Strength, Agility, Intelligence, and Toughness for le 5 roll.

Quote from: Draignean
Disappear.
One moment you are there, one moment you are not. Even the god of the Underworld does not know what has happened to you, but neither your soul nor your body remain after a split second.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Helten army 6 moves east, engaging Sarduk army 6.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Thinking hard about the groves, Scientia comes to the conclusion that the monoliths are too big an unknown to brazenly approach the larger one. She sets her sights on the duller looking one, determined to find out what exactly they are.

To the larger but duller grove!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Unearth the metal. If its an ore or something like that that I can't dig out, unearth as much of it as possible, then try clawing it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cevitil dully blinks his eyes. Well then, he was a nice chap. Seems like it's not being a god of bad that makes you bad, it's something else... Cevitil shrugs his shoulders.

Visit Grandar, god of justice, and repeat the previous process with him.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because I'm nice, you don't have to wait for a turn since it's a very simple action.

Cevitil dully blinks his eyes. Well then, he was a nice chap. Seems like it's not being a god of bad that makes you bad, it's something else... Cevitil shrugs his shoulders.

Visit Grandar, god of justice, and repeat the previous process with him.
You once again, ask a god for assistance. This time, you ask Grandar.

A very serious, and disciplined, near emotionless, but clearly good voice speaks. "...Child, the men you seek do not need judgement. They killed your father as justice for the attempted murder of their king's heir, the death of three of his guards, and the wounding of many others. Your father committed crimes against them, they merely retaliated. Killing them would be murder. I Will. Not. help you commit murder."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Her eyes opened thusly, Anthramarux drew new insights. Firstly-there were a lot of Humans. If this city was large, and she knew there many cities in the world both bigger and smaller, the amount of them had to be quite staggering.,.and there were more every day-she had seen many more children than the old ones. And the children annoyed her, following and tugging on her skirt, saying things-like "Your eyes are weird" and "Whats wrong with your shadow" and "Why are you walking so funny"

Oddly, the Older and middle aged humans didn't seem to notice anything 'odd' about her. They just smiled in an odd way, nodding their heads whatever she said, as if they had trouble looking directly at her face, and their gaze tended to fall downwards. Was it something about her feet? Anthramarux thought her feet looked wonderfully perfect, like the rest of her.

...Secondly, Humans were very impatient. They did everything so fast-saying hello and saying goodbye and kissing and fighting and buying and eating. She supposed it was because of their short little lives-barely a hundred years, if they were extremely lucky. Poor Humans.

Which begged a certain paranoid thought-was her own Dragon age accelerated in Human form? Would a year spent as a Human (shudder the thought) take out a 1000 years  or more off her life as a Dragon? A terrifying concept-she would have to ask Tarran God about that. Or maybe he already knew...

At one point, she had sat down in an 'Inn'-the place had a sign with a stylized green dragon outside of it, so it looked promising to her-and watched the patrons as they ate and drank. Of particular interest to her was a random couple gathering together-a Human man and a Human woman, who bumped into each other accidently, began talking, and courting each other all in the space of ten minutes-her Mother had said Dragons courted over decades, or even centuries...and these Humans coupled barely even before they knew each others name.

Then the couple had left together, went up the 'stairs' and promptly vanished. Probably to count their treasures together, she guessed, like Dragons did. What else?

Also-Stairs, an odd concept, but useful if you didn't have wings. In fact, the whole concept of buildings was somewhat odd to her. They were not roomy or cavernous like caves-very cramped, as if Humans liked to be forced together-and in fact she could barely see how Humans trusted their lives to feeble planks of wood to hold up the 'roof'.

Thirdly! This place was confusing-without wings, she could only tramp along, possibly going in circles. She had been wandering-literally-for hours, and she had no idea where she was. Every place was different, and new-no two Humans seemed to favor the same place to live, work or play, and they had no marks she could identify. There were these 'signs' everywhere, but she had no idea what they meant-some had arrows, others letter, numbers or pictures.

On top of that, she was hungry and thirsty-and she knew for a fact, that her dragon meal should have kept her full for a few days, at least-it had only been a scant few hours since the tasty mudcrabs. She felt like...meat, naturally. And she wanted to try those other drinks humans had-not merely water, but whatever it was seemed to make them happy.

Humans congregated at these 'pubs' and 'inns' to eat, drink and carouse, she noted-so she thought to go there, and get some direction to the cities major sights. Boning up on her Human manners couldn't hurt either.
----------------------

Action: Anthramarux heads into the nearest pub and orders some meaty food and ale. She tries to strike up a conversation with a Human for directions around town.

She asks about the locations of major sights-historical landmarks and places where one can study magic and train combat ability.

After obtaining said information, she'll head to a magical college, if it exists.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:36:29 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile

Search for the power, then.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jargon stretched as he listened to the first person he ever met speak about things he barely understood. He assumed that she was important, but storytime isn't making his belly full.

Jargon uses 'baby dragon cute' eyes on his mother to try and get food.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inspired by the chat about gods yesterday, Semakhet sets out to find a shrine and strike up discussion with a god!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inspired by the chat about gods yesterday, Semakhet sets out to find a shrine and strike up discussion with a god!
It would be nice to give me some specifics... I mean, there are 24 gods, and ~5 or more are hard to find worship to. And do you want to search in a city or in the wilderness?

It's not essential, but it saves me a few minutes when creating a turn debating what you mean.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any shrine is good, so the nearest I can find, even if it's a mad death god. I'm thinking searching in the wilderness for a change.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Greetings, old god Salar," Nuvian said with a hiss in her voice. "I am but a lowly servant of the darkest forces in this world. I ask of you: is there anything you would have me do in your honor?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Greetings, old god Salar," Nuvian said with a hiss in her voice. "I am but a lowly servant of the darkest forces in this world. I ask of you: is there anything you would have me do in your honor?"
"Darkest forces of the world, hmm? Perhaps you should learn the alignment of those gods you communicate to, dark one, for I think you have me mistaken for an evil god." You hear in a lecturing, nearly emotionless female voice.

"And yes, I do have something for you to do if you have not changed your mind. A few days ago, some stupid necromancer started resurrecting the recently dead from a grave not far south of here. As you likely do not know because you don't even know my alignment, I hate necromancy, it messes with my job to no end, stealing souls before either I can decide where they should go or before they serve their punishment for their sins or lack of belief. Find this necromancer, and get him to stop. I do not care how, and neither does Grandar and Olden, gods of Justice and Magic, so his death is certainly not off-limits. Do you accept, or am I not the god you are looking for, dark one?"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:54:32 pm by Tarran »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ah, my mistake. I am young, and unversed in the ways of the gods," Nuvian tilts her head. "I will return when the necromancer has been subdued."

Fly off to the south looking for the necromancer.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Thank you... sage. This has been most helpful."

Head northwest. As in, far northwest.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 136