Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210468 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 30: Becoming human, talking with gods.
« Reply #795 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:30 pm »

Anthramarux thought she looked perfect, because of course she was.

She marveled at her own reflection, the only thing that impressed her-shiny perfect 'hair', dark brown with a few stripes of the darker purple, like that coloring her scales-soft pink skin-and such fine dexterous legs and fingers-and those bumps on her chest were shapely, if a bit awkward to carry around, always bouncing about. Most interesting was her eyes, since they looked almost the same as they did in her Dragon form, if a bit less...hard. All in all she felt much softer and less mean, and frankly it wasn't a bad feeling. It was like a vacation from her usual diet of Draconic rage and anger.

She wondered if the Human mind was interfering with her Draconic soul to make her feel this way? No matter. But she reminded herself-Mother had said shape change magic's worst danger was loss of self...

Anthramarux packed up her things-wow this stuff was sort of heavy now!-and made her way toward the city. Repressing the urge to drop to all fours and whomp forward like Dragons are supposed to, she started...walking...but it was too slow! How did Humans ever get anywhere like that? She decided hopping was better.

The Dragon turned Woman started skipping down the path carelessly, clearing a foot with every hop. When she was no one was watching her, she began to sing in her Human voice, which certainly carried a better tune even if it lacked the power of the Dragons roar...it had been a secret wish of hers, for so very long, to sing and make music like her Father had. She never knew him, but he figured if his spirit was watching, he might be proud. It wasn't a song with words, right now-it was just a happy, lighthearted feeling, expressed like... 'La la la...la, la laa la la..."

Action: Skip and sing my way toward the City!

Once there, mingle with the Humans, and learn their ways-also, look for a Church of the Tarran God.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:48:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 13, 2012, 01:14:30 pm »

Nuvian stepped back, but didn't back down.

"Forgive me, God of War," she said. "I want to be powerful! I want to rule the skies. What would you have me do for you in return?"

Action: Attempt to convince the god of war to let me help him in return for power.
"You want to be powerful, huh?" He says, in a thinking way.

"Well, I could have you incite wars between nations, but the other gods would be pissed, so that's off... I could have you fight a bunch of people, but then again if one of them dies and the person who died had even a passing worship the other gods would know about it and be pissed..."

He remains silent for nearly ten seconds...

"Sorry, I... can't think of anything allowed by the other gods for you to do. Tell you what, I'll point you towards an altar of another god. Just tell me what kind of god you're looking for."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 13, 2012, 02:35:08 pm »

Nuvian slowly spread her tongue over the bottom of her face. Any god? Really?

"Is there a god of death in this world?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:29 pm »

Nuvian slowly spread her tongue over the bottom of her face. Any god? Really?

"Is there a god of death in this world?"

He remains silent for a few seconds.

"...Yes, Salar is the god of the underworld... her altar is, well, here..."

Suddenly, you know where her altar is. You don't even need directions.

"...Between you and me, she creeps the hell out of me. All she ever talks about is death, the dead, souls... She never talks about anything nice. Annia talks about the sun, Salar talks about how the dead will never see the sun. Waldin says that people are rich and happy, Salar says that everyone is poor once they're dead. Deffin talks about how he recently made people sick, Salar says that the dead never get sick. I talk about how great my warriors are, Salar tells me that they're even better dead. She's just plain... grim."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:34 pm »

If I may. "GO HELTENS!"
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 13, 2012, 11:05:56 pm »

Raikonai began cackling maniacally. FREE! Free of that invading wretch! Defiler! Leech! Infest what was his and then dare to be enraged at him?!

"Ahhh... darkness," he said, still giddy. "Deep, large darkness. Couldn't escape, but escaped later. Darkness couldn't find."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:23 pm »

Raikonai began cackling maniacally. FREE! Free of that invading wretch! Defiler! Leech! Infest what was his and then dare to be enraged at him?!

"Ahhh... darkness," he said, still giddy. "Deep, large darkness. Couldn't escape, but escaped later. Darkness couldn't find."
Annia does not seem entertained by your madness. She extends a hand an touches your head. Suddenly, your thoughts clear and you can think clearly.

"Now, tell me. Where did you get your corruption?" She says in a slightly annoyed voice.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:10 pm »

Raikonai blinked. He felt... calmer, maybe even clearer somehow, but suddenly apprehensive. There were things all around him wanting to do him harm.

"Why do you want to know?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at the goddess. This was one like Inn'ahar, powerful and unknown. Yes, she'd cast out his former enemy, but that didn't mean she was a friend.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 13, 2012, 11:49:12 pm »

"Because Inn'ahar is a forbidden god. He and his worshipers are enemies of all non-forbidden gods. I want to know so I can be rid of his worshipers, so his worshipers cannot do to others what they did to you. Not telling me would be betraying yourself and it would also potentially be risking the souls of many innocents."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 13, 2012, 11:52:46 pm »

"Why forbidden? And why would not telling betray myself?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 14, 2012, 12:07:19 am »

Annia sounds increasingly annoyed. "They are forbidden because they are the evilest of the evil gods. Inn'ahar is known as 'The Corrupter' because he corrupts everything and anything. Not telling would betray yourself because Inn'ahar is the creator of that corruption, which has no doubt caused you much harm."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:03 am »

Raikonai thrashed his tail once. So, ancient enemies. Now this made sense.

"The great darknesses far from here did it. I don't know where, save that they were atop the cliff above the lake near the village. I leaped down it to get here."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 14, 2012, 12:39:14 am »

Annia now sounds content, but still mildly annoyed with you. "So you do not know the exact location? Hmph."

Suddenly, her light disappears for five seconds. Then, her light appears again along with armed three winged humans in white robes.

She then asks you "Do you seek justice? Do you want to make sure no one else will suffer like you did?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 14, 2012, 12:43:27 am »

"No!" he said quickly, understanding immediately where this was going. "And the shadows were very great. I will not return for something so petty, if at all."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 14, 2012, 12:52:56 am »

"PETTY!" Annia shouts out angrily. "You could have lost your soul for all eternity, and become a slave for one of the foulest of all the gods."

"Fine, then. If you do not seek to save yourself from them, then do not expect my protection for when Inn'ahar comes for you again. And do not expect a favorable opinion from me when you talk to another god..."

The humanoids look at you angrily, and they depart in the rough direction you pointed that your mother and father were. Annia grudgingly says "May the warmth of my sun warm your soul..." as she fades away.

The priest looks at you, in disbelief at how you acted. You just angered one of the most powerful of good gods. Great job.

Lost status: Protected by Annia, Goddess of the Sun and Heat: You may protected from hostile attempts from another god against you as long as Annia is not angry with you.

Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:54:38 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 136