Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210400 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 26: Valuemetals, Forestspirits, Angrybandits.
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2011, 04:57:08 pm »

While Kin could go all day long hauling the precious metal, something of a higher importance made itself clear. He was hungry and could eat a horse if he had one. But he didn't. It was time for some hunting.

Since there would be little to hunt for this high up Kin decided to try his luck down at the forest, a hunting ground he spent years looking for food.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 26: Valuemetals, Forestspirits, Angrybandits.
« Reply #646 on: December 22, 2011, 07:50:55 pm »

Stupid, blind to danger, and deaf to reason.
Nothing this foolish was meant to survive.

Roar and intimidate, attack those who do not flee with the same bite and claw tactic. Attack the strongest first and always prefer the bite over the claw.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 26.1: The RNG hates Draignean 1.
« Reply #647 on: December 22, 2011, 08:54:26 pm »

Stupid, blind to danger, and deaf to reason.
Nothing this foolish was meant to survive.

Roar and intimidate, attack those who do not flee with the same bite and claw tactic. Attack the strongest first and always prefer the bite over the claw.

I would prefer you specify the target.

[Intim:2+1][Diff:6] Your roar does not weary the hearts of the enraged bandits. They continue fighting.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Aynee fires an arrow at you, [Aynee agi:6+2][Agi:3][Diff:5! +100% damage][1 out of 1d3, +100%, 2 damage] the arrow strikes the edge of your head with extreme force, sending a bunch of scales flying and causing some bleeding. "Aw, did I hurt you?"

Goliath swings his gigantic hammer at you, [Goliath str:5+2][Agi:6][Diff:1][11 out of 2d7] smashing into your chest with major force. It breaks no bones, but you are severely winded, bruised, and in pain.

You retaliate at Goliath, [Str:1+2][Agi:6-2] chomping at the air as he backs away slowly. "Is that all you've got?"

Douglas swings his sword at you, [Doug Agi:5+1][Agi:1][Diff:5, +100% damage][7 out of 1d8, +100%, 14] striking you in the neck, causing a long cut that bleeds quickly. "Die dragon!"

Sten throws punches at your head. [Sten Agi:2+2][Sten Agi:2+2][Agi:6] You dodge out of the way of those punches.

Vrenwic backs up and throws a spear at you, [Vren Str:1+1][Agi:4] but it misses.

-27 HP! :o :o :o

You have a feeling that you might be outmatched. You are in severe pain.

((Man, the RNG is trying to kill you. Also, on closer inspection, I may have made the bandits slightly harder than I should have. I'll see if I can't try to be easier next time.))

Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies, Draignean (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 22, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »

Huzzah for Godly Protection, I guess? 27 is quite a bit, but if thats just half off, they did quite a number on you, Draignean.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 22, 2011, 09:03:23 pm »

Godly Protection did nothing because it was not activated.

Re-read the bonus stat again.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 22, 2011, 09:09:01 pm »

Ah, missed the players bit.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 23, 2011, 12:09:29 am »

Well, I'm screwed. A pity I didn't invest in an intelligence of above 15, that could have allowed for less specious logical progression.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 23, 2011, 12:12:55 am »

You can at least try to run, man. Don't ragedie, fight/run until the end!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 23, 2011, 12:17:35 am »

Fighting will be pointless unless daddy comes to save me, which would perhaps be equally fatal and slightly deus. Running is marginally more viable but still carries a hefty chance of death.

Trying to think of something slightly less... useless. Or at the very least more spectacular.

Desperation: All dragons have a "Desperation Drive". Wherein they will loose all feeling of pain, and go berserk (where the player cannot control their dragon). This has very little chance of saving them, but it will likely kill the offender. And there still is a chance for them to survive. Desperation Drive activates if all of these are true: Is bleeding (internally or externally). Is in severe pain. Is wounded. No escape route. Enemy is still around, in melee. Enemy still superior. Enemy, to your knowledge, cannot be reasoned with. The player's dragon will get huge buffs to attack, but utterly looses the ability to defend him/herself (won't dodge). In addition, the player will gain 20 more HP. Though that HP WILL ONLY LAST AS LONG AS YOU ARE BERSERK. It will go away if you ever exit berserk. This means you will die if below 20 HP before it stops, since that HP is temporary.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 23, 2011, 12:23:25 am »

Desperation: All dragons have a "Desperation Drive". Wherein they will loose all feeling of pain, and go berserk (where the player cannot control their dragon). This has very little chance of saving them, but it will likely kill the offender. And there still is a chance for them to survive. Desperation Drive activates if all of these are true: Is bleeding (internally or externally). Is in severe pain. Is wounded. No escape route. Enemy is still around, in melee. Enemy still superior. Enemy, to your knowledge, cannot be reasoned with. The player's dragon will get huge buffs to attack, but utterly looses the ability to defend him/herself (won't dodge). In addition, the player will gain 20 more HP. Though that HP WILL ONLY LAST AS LONG AS YOU ARE BERSERK. It will go away if you ever exit berserk. This means you will die if below 20 HP before it stops, since that HP is temporary.
One thing is not true: You can still run. You are not backed into a corner.

And by the way, you have wings dude, so running has a fair chance of survival.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 23, 2011, 12:30:07 am »

One thing is not true: You can still run. You are not backed into a corner.

And by the way, you have wings dude, so running has a fair chance of survival.

Against one bowman and one Javelin wielder, still not the best odds. But it is indeed better than nothing. Also as an aside for Goliath, 'Ebony' is a wood, only in TES is it a useful weapon material. :P

Fly. Quickly. Make my way back to the first craggy area impassable to foot traffic, preferably a cold craggy area.

---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:28 am »

Also as an aside for Goliath, 'Ebony' is a wood, only in TES is it a useful weapon material. :P
Well, what, do you want me to make it a Tungsten hammer? Gold? Platinum? Slade? >:(

Plus, in TES "Ebony" is a metal, not a wood.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 23, 2011, 12:39:07 am »

I'm not certain it's metal, exactly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 23, 2011, 12:44:19 am »

Also as an aside for Goliath, 'Ebony' is a wood, only in TES is it a useful weapon material. :P
Well, what, do you want me to make it a Tungsten hammer? Gold? Platinum? Slade? >:(

Plus, in TES "Ebony" is a metal, not a wood.

Actually in TES Ebony is a rather special breed of volcanic glass, but that's rather beside the point.

You could call it a Lucerne hammer or a maul and keep it as steel, or you go all wild and crazy and invent your own metals.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 23, 2011, 01:03:28 am »

I don't understand the point of calling it Lucerne. That would change nothing: It's already a large warhammer.

Inventing my own metals... nah.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 136