Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210383 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 25.1: Giant Mudcrab Fight (which quickly ends).
« Reply #630 on: December 15, 2011, 01:19:39 pm »

Maybe the acid's just a chemical that turns acidic when exposed to oxygen?

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 15, 2011, 10:29:16 pm »

Cevitil wanders slowly through the city, curiously looking around.
He takes care to try not to offend anyone, although he knows nothing of the customs of this place.

Be careful of shady people.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 18, 2011, 12:33:38 am »

6 actions in 4 days? Shame on you guys.

Aklyon, Digital Hellhound, Draignean, and Ironyowl, get yer turn-asses in gear!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 18, 2011, 08:50:01 am »

Ask what Vu-Das-*VIX* is supposed to be, and what he wants for it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 18, 2011, 08:54:20 am »

Explain I want to talk to a scholar and ask if he's free.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 19, 2011, 03:38:15 pm »

Sorry! Had one planned out and everything, but got distracted by shiny objects various things.

"THIS IS MINE YOU WRETCH!" Raikonai screamed inside his own head. "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE SUFFER WRETCH WRETCH WRETCH WRETCH MINE!"

Not entirely sane, he gazed down at the village with a deranged gleam in his eyes. He was going there.

Right now.

Raikonai had never received any formal training in how to fly, of course, but he knew he was able to. In theory. That didn't matter, though- what mattered was that he was charging full force off the cliff and then either gliding to the village or diving into the lake.

Attempt to fly down cliff to village. Worst case, land in lake like a boss.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 19, 2011, 10:40:27 pm »

Stupid useless cattle.

Find the next bandit in line for command, kill him, intimidate him, do whatever is needed to become leader of the sorry band of soft little cowards.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 19, 2011, 11:17:52 pm »

If trying to kill him, what will you attack with? He's not an enemy you can easily insta-kill, he can put up a small fight, especially since you're but a child.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 21, 2011, 02:35:36 am »

Bite and claw, bite being the preference.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 26: Valuemetals, Forestspirits, and Angrybandits.
« Reply #639 on: December 21, 2011, 05:58:29 am »

Urgh, 9 days since the last update. Horrid. Ah well, distractions distractions.

Hopefully next time I'll PM everyone sooner and actually write turns while waiting instead of being a moron and not writing until everyone's actions are done.

There was no way Nuvian was getting out of this one alive. She simply lacked combat skills, and wouldn't have stood a chance against these villagers. Nuvian bids the leader and villagers a good day, and the flies off to the west in search of food.
As you leave, the village leader shouts out: "That's it? You're leaving just like that? What a waste of my time!"

You then fly around west in search of food. [6] You stumble upon a herd of a pack of wild boars. They are fairly large.

Collapse the gemstone room, and then throw some rubble from that at the big chaos crystal, preferably from as far away as I can manage. Plug the river leak with some of that cloth and ceiling rubble.
You poke the ceiling of the gem room. [6] It collapses faster than you expected. A rock smashes and bloodies your face.

You pick up that rock and throw it at the crystal. [Agi:1+1] The stone flies off into the back of the room, missing the crystal.

You then try to plug the leak. [Int:5+1] You plug the hole completely. There's still cracks, though. Rocks and cloth cannot fix cracks.

"HAH! THAT WENt well." The ringing in his ears stopped but he was a bit sad that he didn't find anything better.

Kin had decided to start moving in most of his treasure from the cliff face into the cave now that he knew no other groups of monsters were inside. He hoped.
[Str:4+1] You throw a boulder at the metal. The metal fails to break. Instead, all the dirt and rock around the metal breaks off, leaving a huge cluster for you to drag back to your cave.

[Str:2+1] You struggle to haul the bulk of metal. You make it halfway to your cave before you get tired. [Tou:4+1] You suck up the tiredness and continue your attempt. [Str:6+1] You drag the cluster all the way back into the cave. It partially breaks, but you pick up a large majority of the pieces.

You grin. So shiny...

+1 Strength.
+1 Toughness.

Try and fly behind it and assault it with my claws! If that fails, fly away. Fast.
[Agi:5][Creature Sight:4]: You make an aerial sneak attack as the creature tries to observe the sound of the intense flapping. You end up behind the intense glow. The faint feeling of magic is extremely strong.

[Agi:2][Creature Agi:2-2][Diff 2, no bonus][5 out of 3d2, 75% damage, 4 damage]: Your claws find themselves flying wildly in the air. Any competent dodger would have come out of this unharmed. However, the creature is sluggish and, in the face of your surprise attack, found itself unable to move any notable distance. Strange, sticky blood flies in all directions. The glow decreases in intensity greatly, revealing a pale ghostly humanoid... thing with very little features about it.

[Creature Sight:6][Agi:3]: The creature once again stares directly at you with pitch black eyes. Intense pain starts again in your chest!

Creature HP: -4
HP:-4

Anthrmarux hummed happily to herself as she went to the task of cleaning up HER new cave. She was hungry, sure-but there was plenty of meat here...she needed to start marking out areas. Maybe some pretty things on the wall...here, oh and here! Shinies everywhere! Dragon Squeee!

Action: Crack open a few mud crab shells and feast on the tasty meat within, or eat the rest of the mudcrab eggs. Save the Shells as trophies.

Afterwards, start tossing the mangled corpse parts into a pit like area (which will be the general refuse dump from now on), and look for a nice defensible sleeping chamber she can call her own.

You start eating mudcrabs. They taste good, but boy, they do stink. Remember to rinse your mouth when you're done, lady!

You then toss them into a pile without even thinking of the lives you just ended. Oh the many. You save the shells. You then look for a place you can sleep and defend at the same time.

[4] There's a dead-end room with a lower section and a moderately higher section. The entrance is in the lower section. There's a "ramp" up.

Cevitil wanders slowly through the city, curiously looking around.
He takes care to try not to offend anyone, although he knows nothing of the customs of this place.

Be careful of shady people.

You wander through the city slowly, attracting the attention of basically everyone that could see you.

The city seems to have everything. Markets, temples, baths, anything and everything.

The city streets are smooth rock. Some stones are hundreds of years old. Some are brand new.

The buildings are 2 stories high minimum unless it's a special building. Maximum is a whopping 5 stories high. Some sections of the street obviously only see a few hours of daylight a day.

((Kind of a waste of an action, not looking for anything.))

Ask what Vu-Das-*VIX* is supposed to be, and what he wants for it.
"It's an alchemy spell. It heats up things without burning them like a real fire. It's as effective as a real fire, yet much safer and requiring less attention. I'm not sure what use you could make of it, but it's a fairly simple spell, and I would part with it for a single scale. You should also be able to cast it from the get-go if you have any magical talent."

Explain I want to talk to a scholar and ask if he's free.
"I'm... uhhh... free. What do you wish to talk about?" He rubs his eyes, disbelieving the current situation.

"THIS IS MINE YOU WRETCH!" Raikonai screamed inside his own head. "MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE SUFFER WRETCH WRETCH WRETCH WRETCH MINE!"

Not entirely sane, he gazed down at the village with a deranged gleam in his eyes. He was going there.

Right now.

Raikonai had never received any formal training in how to fly, of course, but he knew he was able to. In theory. That didn't matter, though- what mattered was that he was charging full force off the cliff and then either gliding to the village or diving into the lake.

Attempt to fly down cliff to village. Worst case, land in lake like a boss.
You have an internal battle with your corrupted quarter. You then try flying to the town. [Agi:1] Your desperation makes your wings utterly out of sync and you plummet into the lake.

[2] You fall onto a shallow part. [6] butt first, better paralyzed waist-down than dead. [Tou:4+1] The water largely breaks your fall, thankfully, and you only suffer bruises.

You REALLY do NOT feel like trying that kind of stunt ever again. You could have died!

You have no idea what I am capable of doing to you. You don't want to do this. I will give you one more chance: Turn back now, or I will make your life a living hell.

[1] You're on the wrong side of the lake... crap. What's worse, this side is totally unpopulated and there are no boats so no one can help you.

+2 Toughness.

Stupid useless cattle.

Find the next bandit in line for command, kill him, intimidate him, do whatever is needed to become leader of the sorry band of soft little cowards.

You attempt to persuade the most experienced looking one. [Cha:4][Difficulty:6][Eathuman:Spotted] You try to convince the human and his band to join you. You're not skilled at speech, the bandits certainly aren't in the mood to stay bandits, and they see hunger in your eyes, so it's fairly obvious that you failed. "Stay away from us, we're done being bandits, and we're definitely not going to be subordinates to you."

Alright, so both Persuasion and Intimidation are now off-limits. Let's try killing him. [Str:5+2][Bandit Agi:2][Diff:5, +100%][7 out of 3d3, +100% -50%=10.5, round up, 11][Bandit Armor: Resist 2, HP 4/4] You lunge at the bandit, catching him off-guard and killing him with a titanic bite.

One of the other male bandits shouts out "JAAAAAAACOB!" Suddenly, all five other bandits draw weapons.

Hm, perhaps trying to convince battle-weary, friends-to-each-other bandits to join you by killing one of them was a bad idea. This could go really badly. While you could kill a few, they could do some serious, serious damage to you.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies, Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies, Talarion (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Spoiler: Random Event (click to show/hide)

Sarduk army 2 moves west, engaging Helten army 2.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)

Right, time to get this thing back on rails for Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:43:52 pm by Tarran »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 26: Valuemetals, Forestspirits, Angrybandits.
« Reply #640 on: December 21, 2011, 06:44:41 am »

Take down one of the boars using the element of SURPRISE.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 21, 2011, 07:51:09 am »

Agree to the trade, I have to start somewhere after all. Ask what other spells he has of use after attempting to cast it somewhere outside of his building.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:25 am »

Anthramarux-obeying some strange order in the back of her mind-gargled the salt water from the pit and spit it back out, cleaning that foul stink from her mouth. Freshness!

She catalouged everything in her mind. This would be a fine cave, a little bit smelly, but probably very safe. Ahh, there was one thing to do though...she hoped Mother hadn't been worrying about her, or starting doing something rash.

Action: Head back to Mothers cave-remembering the route and landmarks so I can travel between the two easily enough.

If I get there with no interruptions, it's time we had a talk...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 21, 2011, 08:09:51 am »

Grab a handful of rocks, throw at the crystal, and run like hell.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 21, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »

Heltens FTW!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 136