Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210379 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 25: Mudsmash, Crystalsplode, Braverun, Banditburnt.
« Reply #615 on: December 13, 2011, 11:27:36 pm »

That's why I said I misread something.

Augh, I'm tired, and your probably not going to use my action until around five days from now. I'll think of something later.

And the collapsing ceiling would have broken it. Maybe. I don't know. Not going to happen now, so who cares.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 13, 2011, 11:37:07 pm »

Interesting history, Go underdogs!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 14, 2011, 12:26:11 am »

And the collapsing ceiling would have broken it. Maybe. I don't know. Not going to happen now, so who cares.
Ceiling collapsing is in a different room, and the ceiling is only going to collapse in that room.

Interesting history, Go underdogs!
History? Underdogs? ???
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 14, 2011, 12:38:35 am »

By history I mean world progression. By underdogs I mean the Heltens.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 14, 2011, 12:42:53 am »

How are the Heltens the underdogs in the war? They're equal to the Sarduks in power.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 14, 2011, 06:44:17 am »

Anthramarux had never technically fought anything that fought BACK before. These things were annoying. But, once she destroyed the big one...the cave was hers! Then she could go back and tell Mother how strong she was!

But first, the annoyance. She had noted, that while Mudcrabs seemed reasonably fast and could pinch nastily, they were extremely...stupid. They attacked en masse, with no thought to strategy or skill. They had heavily armored fronts-but were vulnerable to attacks from the rear. And even armor needed holes for eyes and noses.

Her bestial Draconic sense was telling her to charge right in and tear it to pieces, but her intellect told her a drop of acid on it's eyes would be a better plan...

Having now imagined herself the winner in all circumstances, the thought of all the acid-stewed crab meat she would enjoy for her victory feast made her drool.

Action: Anthramarux flies up and clings to the ceiling, being very still, tucking her wings close to her body and waiting for the big crab to pass below.

Once it does so, she spits acid in the direction of it's eyestalks/sensor cluster when it approaches, hoping to blind it or at least injure it. Before it can retaliate, she retreats to another part of the cave and sets up a similiar ambush. Don't bother fighting it directly or from the front unless it's crippled.

If absolutely forced to fight on the ground, flank it and tear off it's legs, or try and flip it over and attack it's belly.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 14, 2011, 09:09:48 am »

Got it.

Collapse the gemstone room, and then throw some rubble from that at the big chaos crystal, preferably from as far away as I can manage. Plug the river leak with some of that cloth and ceiling rubble.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #622 on: December 14, 2011, 10:12:31 am »

"HAH! THAT WENt well." The ringing in his ears stopped but he was a bit sad that he didn't find anything better.

Kin had decided to start moving in most of his treasure from the cliff face into the cave now that he knew no other groups of monsters were inside. He hoped.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 14, 2011, 10:24:08 am »

Try and fly behind it and assault it with my claws! If that fails, fly away. Fast.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 25.1: Giant Mudcrab Fight (which quickly ends).
« Reply #624 on: December 15, 2011, 05:31:00 am »

Alright, I suppose I should do some things.

First, Dwarmin's combat! Because this crab is no pushover. Oh no. But, as you're about to see, Dwarmin gets a good roll with his breath.

Anthramarux had never technically fought anything that fought BACK before. These things were annoying. But, once she destroyed the big one...the cave was hers! Then she could go back and tell Mother how strong she was!

But first, the annoyance. She had noted, that while Mudcrabs seemed reasonably fast and could pinch nastily, they were extremely...stupid. They attacked en masse, with no thought to strategy or skill. They had heavily armored fronts-but were vulnerable to attacks from the rear. And even armor needed holes for eyes and noses.

Her bestial Draconic sense was telling her to charge right in and tear it to pieces, but her intellect told her a drop of acid on it's eyes would be a better plan...

Having now imagined herself the winner in all circumstances, the thought of all the acid-stewed crab meat she would enjoy for her victory feast made her drool.

Action: Anthramarux flies up and clings to the ceiling, being very still, tucking her wings close to her body and waiting for the big crab to pass below.

Once it does so, she spits acid in the direction of it's eyestalks/sensor cluster when it approaches, hoping to blind it or at least injure it. Before it can retaliate, she retreats to another part of the cave and sets up a similiar ambush. Don't bother fighting it directly or from the front unless it's crippled.

If absolutely forced to fight on the ground, flank it and tear off it's legs, or try and flip it over and attack it's belly.

[Agi:6-1]: You're not exactly the most agile of dragons, but you somehow manage to fly up to the ceiling and grab onto something. Somehow. [Str:6-1] You're also not one of the strongest dragons around, but you hold onto the ceiling.

The crab passes down below. It's GIGANTIC! TWICE the size of you! Goodness! You cough up acid, and spit it in the direction of the crab. It hits. [11 out of 1d20, 75% damage from teen, round up, 9] The crab is crippled by the acid. It's shell evaporates and it's innards start melting. You don't retreat: You sense death for the crab is near (1/10HP), so you bite down on the crab's exposed self and it dies.

Your stomach now feels mildly empty, you may have to eat. The giant mudcrab corpse is inedible due to the hazardous acid.

+1 Agility, +1 Strength.

Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Second, I should tidy up the kingdoms more. I've been waiting far too long, so let me start on it. I'll start simple, with the relations of kingdoms to each-other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ask away if any of the relations are confusing or if you're curious.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 05:33:36 am by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 15, 2011, 07:05:17 am »

Anthrmarux hummed happily to herself as she went to the task of cleaning up HER new cave. She was hungry, sure-but there was plenty of meat here...she needed to start marking out areas. Maybe some pretty things on the wall...here, oh and here! Shinies everywhere! Dragon Squeee!

Action: Crack open a few mud crab shells and feast on the tasty meat within, or eat the rest of the mudcrab eggs. Save the Shells as trophies.

Afterwards, start tossing the mangled corpse parts into a pit like area (which will be the general refuse dump from now on), and look for a nice defensible sleeping chamber she can call her own.

@Tarran: Also, are you *sure* Anthramarux can't ingest her own acid stewed meat? That seems sort of...illogical.  ???
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:08:17 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 15, 2011, 07:31:34 am »

No, you can't. The acid is heavy, heavy duty. It's far worse than stomach acid in corrosiveness. It's an acid that's designed to melt, melt, melt, and nothing else. And it's also got plenty of toxic materials in it, which are designed to give it more acidity. Well, at least that's what I'm going with. Look, this is a game based on dragons, I can make up my own bullshit.

Plus, if I would let you eat what you killed with acid, it would make it too easy to ignore the acid's food requirement: You will start to get hungry if you use acid too much, unlike most breaths. This is to balance the 3 turn recharge.

Anyway, if you DID try to eat it, the first thing you would notice is the burning sensation in your mouth. Second, your teeth would corrode. Third, the acid would start eating into your mouth. Fourth, toxins would poison you, and fifth, you would start bleeding from what's left of your mouth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 15, 2011, 07:37:48 am »

@Tarran: Understood. I'm guessing we could really lore that up to have it make more sense? I don't mind the restriction, but I like to have something to work with roleplaying wise.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 15, 2011, 07:55:54 am »

If you want to do the research/ideamaking yourself, go ahead. I don't really feel like searching it up/thinking it up, and it's also late here so...

The general idea is, the acid is far more acidic and toxic than stomach acid, it comes from the acid dragon's version of the standard dragon breath gland which is designed to hold it. A small section of the throat leading to the mouth is resistant (not immune) to the acid. And the acid's toxin make things that you use it on toxic enough to be inedible.

As to where the acid comes from and why it makes you hungry... err... Let's just say it replenishes directly from stomach acid, including whatever food might be there.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:58:35 am by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 15, 2011, 12:58:23 pm »

Or maybe it just takes a lot of energy to synthesize all the corrosive elements that goes into dragon acid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 136