Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210356 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 24: Sucksneak, Referencepile, sadwolves, and WAR!
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2011, 12:58:21 am »

:) But a nice jerk
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2011, 07:12:08 am »

Wait... For once im not holding this up? I think the world just turned edges-on-the-inside... Since its already upside-down @_@
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 10, 2011, 07:16:08 am »

I think the world just turned edges-on-the-inside... Since its already upside-down @_@

Leave Tarran ALONE!!! ;_;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 10, 2011, 07:30:16 am »

Atleast he isnt inside-out? D:
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 10, 2011, 07:32:04 am »

Well, that's true. I can't quite imagine what the opposite of Tarran would be... @_@
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 10, 2011, 07:32:58 am »

... an empty void?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 10, 2011, 07:44:52 am »

Hell...? Hall..n? *shrugs*

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 10, 2011, 10:50:54 am »

Occanus, foul embodiment of the sea. Or maybe Merst, the red bastard.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 10, 2011, 03:00:14 pm »

Wait... For once im not holding this up? I think the world just turned edges-on-the-inside... Since its already upside-down @_@
Actually, you haven't been holding this up for quite a while. I applaud you for your improvement.

Well, that's true. I can't quite imagine what the opposite of Tarran would be... @_@
Either a black hole, a star, or a volcanic world like Io, but with more volcanoes. Personally, I wouldn't mind being a star because I always wanted to know what it's like, though I don't think you guys would like it. :P

... an empty void?
Also a possibility.

Hell...? Hall..n? *shrugs*
Satan and I both agree that I could not become Hell, since Hell is a part of me, thus it is not an opposite.

Occanus, foul embodiment of the sea. Or maybe Merst, the red bastard.
???
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 10, 2011, 03:22:48 pm »

Terra = Tarran
Ocean = Occanus
Mars = Merst
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 11, 2011, 07:34:54 pm »

Every shipment in and out of town was heavily guarded, hence there was a strong possibility that some other entrepreneurial minds had already attempted or might attempt some hostility towards the wagons. Of course Draignean's mind could only barely comprehend that fact and he never would have managed it had someone explained it using the word entrepreneur, thankfully it didn't take much brains to recognize a bad idea.

It did however take every ounce of his rather lacking guile to determine that those minds who wished to take from the wagons might not be averse to a little help...

Search along the merchant road for bandit camps, attempt to enlist. Dragonishly.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 25: Mudsmash, Crystalsplode, Braverun, Banditburnt.
« Reply #611 on: December 13, 2011, 10:40:27 pm »

I used to avoid making turns like you... then I took a dice to the north pole.

Search for informations about the glowy creature.
You look around for something to tell you about the creature. [Int:6] There's a tree shaped like a human. In fact, on closer observation, the tree WAS a human. Examining it closely, it looks as though tree started growing somewhere near the heart. The man has a pained expression on his face, so he was alive while it was happening... In addition, you have a feeling his soul is still inside the tree...

What a way to go.

Meanwhile, there is a chunk of unusual flesh on the ground and a broken steel axe. The man who became a tree couldn't have possibly fought in such pain that you felt, so it must have been another person and there must be a way to avoid getting tree-ified. The chunk and axe's locations make it appear that the attack came from behind, so it's not an area effect...

The glow is slowly advancing.

Anthramarux was tired of flying. This place would have to do...once she evicted the current occupants.

Well, some of them. The others would help ward away intruders.

Action: Enter the cave, and start wiping out it's Mudcrab inhabitants-takes out the clutches of their eggs and young and whatnot.

Preferred tactic until faced with a particulalry dangerous foe is to stick to wide open passages and avoid water and mud, clinging to ceilings and being sneaky-and attacking the larger, more heavily armored mudcrabs from behind, by flipping them over and coughing acid on their underbellies. And/or tearing off legs/eyestalks and leaving them to die.

Stay out of the water (?) and leave the whales and sharks alone, for now.

You enter the cave and before you can do anything all of a sudden a mudcrap snaps it's claws on your tail! OW OW OW!

You smash the mudcrab into the wall, then start with your revenge.

You attempt to mess with their eggs, [2] when you suddenly find yourself "ambushed" by at least 20 mudcrabs. You easily dispatch them, but you're starting to run into your limit on how much pain and annoyance you can take. You start smashing their eggs, and killing the young. [5] you encounter no resistance afterwards.

However, you have a feeling something is really, really angry now. You hear giant claws snapping in the room behind you...

Politely explain he's misunderstood... some things and attempt to engage a more sane-ish scholar in conversation
You explain to In'al that he's misunderstood you being a kid. He grins while babbling, and just stands there doing so

You walk over to the scholar in front of you. He's busy writing something, but the moment he hears your unstealthy thumping walking, he turns around.

"Uhhh... hello... dragon. What..."

He is at a loss for words. Obviously dragons aren't commonplace here.

"Why, good human, I am only here to warn you. There is true evil afoot, and I must speak with your leader if you want to know what it is." Ask to speak with their leader without intimidating them.
"My and the entire village's leader is currently standing before ye. Speak what you will, dragon, or get out of our village. We don't need dragons causing terror about while the damn Axlehands still exist."

Wow, he really does not like dragons for some reason.

Tired and emotionally exhausted, Scientia rests, and with nothing else to do, explores her cave thoroughly, having never done so before.
Do just that.
You start exploring your cave.

[1][6][1] You find two things that could be a danger in the future: One room contains a huge crystal of unknown power... which is slowly cracking. Slowly but surely. The room around the crystal is chaotic. You're going to have to break the crystal before it explodes on it's own, though getting close enough to break it could be dangerous.

There's also a room that's unstable, and the roof looks like it's about to collapse. But, there's several valuable gems in there...

Lastly, the other dangerous room:A cracked wall muffles the sound of an underground river. There's a tiny leak in the wall, and there's water on the ground. You're definitely going to have to do something about that. Think of things that can seal a crack, quick.

Alternatively, you could seal the door leading to those 3 rooms and hope that nothing bad happens. Though that's likely not a good idea.

RUN VERY VERY FAST!
Common sense is high in you. You run away as fast as possible. [Agi:6][Mother Agi:3] You run so fast that mother is literally left and the dust and the thing inside you is unable to stop you in time. You nearly sprint off a cliff. You are now at the edge of the forest. At the bottom of the cliff is a lake. You notice a city behind the lake.

+2 Agility.

Don't you dare go to a healer. I will ruin you. Inn'ahar will ruin you.

Kin thought for a while. While the wolves wouldn't be much of a problem anymore by themselves a pack of them was another story. "Better tread gently."

Kin started to explain in-depth about the advantages the wolves would receive should they help protecting the cave and any future treasure, such as roof over head, some pay in form of food (a lot, maybe) and precious metal (but only little, because who don't like that that shiny, mesmerizing glitter) and protection from him. Of course, it wasn't like he had expected the wolves to understand him so when he were done he did prepare himself with a mighty roar to scare them away. Just in case.
You explain in-depth the advantages of working for you.

...You wait a few minutes. They say nothing.

So you decide to roar at the wolves. [6] You actually accidentally use part of your breath in the shout, making the shout ear-ringingly loud. The wolves run away, and you are temporarily deafened.

Well, that was interesting.

If the mage teaching someone about magic missile is still there, ask him how I'd go about figuring how to learn it as a dragon, or some other kind of magic at the least. Possibly offer him a bit of the silver if absolutely necessary. If he isn't there, go get myself cleaned up before looking for a similar mage who is willing to teach something to me.
You start flying up, looking for the mage on the roofs. They aren't there, but you hear someone lecturing someone in a building. Oh well.

You look for somewhere to clean up. You automatically fail because honestly where are you going to clean up?

So you look for a mage that's willing to teach things to you. [4] You find someone in black robes reading books that's willing to talk to you.

"I can teach you, but you'd better make it worthwhile to me. No worthless cash, I want some of your scales for potions. It's not often that we get dragon scales around here, for many reasons. Anyway, name what you want to learn, and I'll name the price in your scales. Don't worry, I won't leave unsightly patches, I'll take the worst-looking scales first, as any dragon scale will do for what I'm planning to do with them."

He then promptly shouts "Vu-Das *VIX*!" and a ball of blue flame shoots out of his hand and into an already blue flame which is on an alchemy table. You don't know what the last word he said, so you don't think you could learn just from listening. It SOUNDS like Vix, but you're sure it's not Vix.

Cevitil looks at the man nervously. "I...I come in peace. I-I've set out from home, for my f-father has died..."

Cevitil hopes that they can understand him.

You tell the men that you come in peace, mentioning the loss of your father.

The lead guard motions to his fellow guards and the mage. The mage and some of his fellow guards look at him, wondering if he's serious. He motions again, and they all leave. The mage let's go of you and also leaves.

"I'm sorry to hear about your father. Losing a family member is always hard...

...You're free to enter the city if you wish. Just don't cause trouble and mind the fact that some people may be more worried about dragons than others. Also, look out for some who wish to use your scales or bones for various things, there's at least a dozen people I can think of that would really like getting their hands on dragon bone or scale.

Oh, and welcome to Kalamer, capital city of Isrand, population: 20 thousand from all edges of the known world, and also goods from even past that. You won't need to go all the way to Axlehand to see their famous warriors, or go to the Western Alliance to see the fantastic works of their dwarven population."

Every shipment in and out of town was heavily guarded, hence there was a strong possibility that some other entrepreneurial minds had already attempted or might attempt some hostility towards the wagons. Of course Draignean's mind could only barely comprehend that fact and he never would have managed it had someone explained it using the word entrepreneur, thankfully it didn't take much brains to recognize a bad idea.

It did however take every ounce of his rather lacking guile to determine that those minds who wished to take from the wagons might not be averse to a little help...

Search along the merchant road for bandit camps, attempt to enlist. Dragonishly.
You look around for bandit camps. [3] The best you can find is a half burnt one. Looks like the army's been through here recently. Only a dozen or so bandits remain.

You attempt to enlist with one.

He looks... confused, to say it bluntly. Ignoring your request, he says:

"Sorry, whoever you are, or whatever you are, we aren't accepting any new members. The army toasted our camp, killed the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth in command, and also killed 90% of us. The rest of us are worried sick for our lives. Extreme riches mean nothing if you're dead."

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Random Event (click to show/hide)

Sarduk army 1 moves west, engaging Helten army 1.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 13, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »

There was no way Nuvian was getting out of this one alive. She simply lacked combat skills, and wouldn't have stood a chance against these villagers. Nuvian bids the leader and villagers a good day, and the flies off to the west in search of food.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2011, 11:14:42 pm »

NEVER MIND STUPID IDEA
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 11:28:11 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 13, 2011, 11:24:49 pm »

Dude, you're risking your life to grab small non-magical gems, to swap out with the huge magical crystal that's leaking chaotic magic around it... which solves nothing as it's unstable and will blow up if not broken before then.

You really should rethink your action.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 136