Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210352 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 23: 1s, references, wealthy towns, and mages.
« Reply #570 on: December 03, 2011, 06:23:59 pm »

"Hello, home sweet home. I wonder if there are anything in the lower levels I could coax into being minions of mine."

Kin explored his new home more thoroughly. He was going to make sure there were no nasty surprises like Green Slimes but goblins would be nice to have. Hopefully ones easy to subdue.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 04, 2011, 04:02:12 am »

Whoops, just noticed I missed a question. Sorreh.

((Can I even fit in the tower? How large is it inside?))
You can fit inside the front door (it's pointlessly larger than need be) and the lobby, but past that it's either maybe-yes or a big fat no.

On another note, working on actions so far posted. As a additional reminder so this post is reasonably large to warrant posting, 3 players still need to post their actions: Repulsion, Draignean, and Talarion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 04, 2011, 04:11:53 am »

GTF away from the glow.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 05, 2011, 02:05:29 am »

So, after reading about the lore history on the Elder Scrolls wiki, I decided, hey, why not give it a shot myself since we're waiting on some people.

So, here's part of the history of the world, starting from the moment some large kingdoms were created. Written in book forum. Hopefully it's not too cheesy, and hopefully it's entertaining.

Prehistory: Volume 1: The beginning.

----- The First Century

Spoiler: The First Century (click to show/hide)

----- The Second Century

Spoiler: The Second Century. (click to show/hide)

-----

So, what do you guys think about this? Crap or interesting? Should I do more when we're ever waiting for people and I'm feeling in the mood?

Also, if you notice any canon mistakes or naming mistakes, inform me.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 05, 2011, 05:42:48 am »

It helps fill in some lore, and it is entertaining. I hope it ties into the game somehow, though. :P

Also, I'd like to hear things from a personal, Dragon perspective-did our race play any part in these events, beyond mercenary work? I can't recall the length of the lives of Dragons here, but are any alive that remember any of this?

ex.

The next major event was the second Clash Of Gods war in 35 AKB. Where both countries planned to wipe each-other out, but lost both their fleets in a large battle, which then got caught in a storm.

Sounds pretty suspicious. Could be some Dragons got together and wiped out the fleet under the cover of a spelled Hurricane to stop the war, I dunno. ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 05, 2011, 06:06:37 am »

It helps fill in some lore, and it is entertaining. I hope it ties into the game somehow, though. :P
I'll try to make tie-ins, but I can't promise anything.

Also, I'd like to hear things from a personal, Dragon perspective-did our race play any part in these events, beyond mercenary work?
Half way in I found out I mentioned 0 dragons. So I decided "Well I'll mention dragons sometime later" then promptly finished it without mentioning any dragons.

Thus, I have a plan: Dragons barely interacted with humans, dwarves, or elves until sometime within the Third Century or Fourth Century, where there will be a "Dragon's Awakening" event where dragons basically realize "Hey, these guys are small and fleshy and have LOTS OF GOLD!" and promptly start conflicting with humans. And there will be mentions of dragons, since both Hiatar and Rihosis hate them immensely. I don't think an entire country would start hating without a good reason.

I can't recall the length of the lives of Dragons here, but are any alive that remember any of this?
I found where I mentioned the length: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91236.msg2542297#msg2542297

The Adult stage lasts around 90+-10 years. Elderly is "VERY long", so you could get dragons that have been around back then and haven't died to younger dragons, humans, or other random monsters... IF you're lucky. Hundreds (or maybe thousands) of years is a lot of potential deaths.

The next major event was the second Clash Of Gods war in 35 AKB. Where both countries planned to wipe each-other out, but lost both their fleets in a large battle, which then got caught in a storm.

Sounds pretty suspicious. Could be some Dragons got together and wiped out the fleet under the cover of a spelled Hurricane to stop the war, I dunno. ;)
No special plot there, just both sides were fighting in the rain when the storm got worse and worse. Both sides were fanatic and wanted to wipe each-other out, thus they did not run when the should have. Or something like that. The point is, no one pulled something out of their hat.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 05, 2011, 06:10:30 am »

Sounds cool. I can't wait to hear what you think up about the Solari Empire! :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 05, 2011, 06:21:03 am »

Yeah, making history for the current date will be a pain in the ass because, unlike being in the past where I can say basically anything about the kingdoms, the player-made ones already have a history and I'll CONSTANTLY have to check it over and over.

I'll admit, you did make it easier for me with the Solari Empire+Iberia. I could just tie them together, if you don't mind me ignoring the "Iberia is a small nation that it is all that technically remains of the once grand Empire" part. Is it okay if I ignore that one part?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 05, 2011, 06:38:54 am »

Yeah, it was just fluff for when I was assuming the game took place in a single continent, instead of an entire world.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 05, 2011, 02:51:46 pm »

The game doesn't take place on an entire world though. It takes place in the "known" world by this group of humans. If it took place on an entire world, both the north AND the south sides of the map would be cold. As the south side is hot, it means that the game takes place in the northern half of the world. And since the left side is not symmetrical with the right side, it means that this is only a section of the northern part of the world.

This fact will be shown with the *Cough SPOILERS*Migration of the elven kingdom off the known world.*Cough SPOILERS*

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 05, 2011, 03:00:42 pm »

Draignean continued to case the town at a distance, watching everything that came and everything that left the city. Everything had patterns, dust and scales, blood and bones... Everything had patterns.

Case the joint, pay particular attention to any kind of regular wagon shipment that might allow me to slip inside unnoticed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 06, 2011, 06:30:42 pm »

Cevitil looks for a tree to climb to the top off. When/if he finds one, take off flying from it, again towards the city.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 24: Sucksneak, Referencepile, sadwolves, and WAR!
« Reply #582 on: December 08, 2011, 12:33:24 am »

Thanks to steam automatically downloading the new Skyrim patch even though I TURNED OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATES, likely 20% of the mods I have are broken. So I have decided not to play it until most of them are fixed.

Thus, I now have a ton of time to spare for this RTD. ::)

Anthramarux abruptly decided this is a bad place to have a lair-as least, for now-and flew off with a snort.

Move up and down the coast, looking for a better place to live! Be on the lookout for any beached whales or large fish that might look tasty.
[5][6]: You find a cave that is pretty much perfect in every way. Multiple levels, dry, and plenty of hidden entrances/escapes.

It also seems to have a large population of whales, sharks, and... goddamn mudcrabs. They will be annoying.

Slink slink slink! Get behind a tree she's probably already checked behind.
[Agi:2 oh balls]: Lacking any ability to sneak you fly out loudly running to behind a tree.

Mother, being the non-moron she is, spots you. You can still run, at least...

So... RUN AWAAAAAY!

'To seek knowledge. Is there any nobler purpose in life?' Semakhet says, grinning - as much as she can. 'More specifically, I wish to meet In'al or his fellow scholars. Would any of you be willing to speak with me? I've come a long way to visit the College.'
"I'm... uhhh... certain that there might be someone who would be willing to talk to you... I think In'al is busy-"

[In'al state of mind: 4] "Who is the gent at the front door? Donath, who is it?"

"...A dragon, sir."

"A dragon? Really? Have you been taking too much Skooma?"

"Been taking too much... what, sir?"

"Skooma."

"...Skooma?"

"Skooma!"

"Sir, there is no such thing as Skooma. There is no such thing as Elder Scrolls, and the world is not named Tamriel. You're delusional again."

"Oh right, I... I do believe that the world wasn't named Tamriel... Was it Kearth?"

Donath at this point visibly groans and cringes, looking as if he was about to explode and shout out at In'al, and opens the doors into the tower "Well, here's In'al... Enjoy." He then walks away with an utter lack of words.

"I keep telling the boy, the Khajiit are devils, and he should stop dealing with them." In'al says, showing your his obviously divine insight. "Come in, kiddie, I've got candy for you, like always." He gestures for you to come.

Something tells you that getting reasonable conversation out of this old man will be difficult if not impossible. You may want to converse with some of the other scholars around the entrance. There are at least three more. Two to the left, and one directly in front. In'al is to the right.

Hm... head west by flight. Attempt to find my way to a human settlement.
You fly west, towards a human city.

The city appears to be a very large farming city. Lots of farming. The buildings are well made and sturdy, but are mainly made out of wood. Same with the walls.

There aren't many guards around, but there seems to be A LOT of old and/or crippled men/women around who work the farms. All have the look of a battle-hardened veteran in their eyes. This is not a town you want to screw with, the years may have made their bodies weaker, but their spirits still carry a burning flame.

An old warrior, in well made armor and weaponry, likely the leader of the city, greets you.

"Dragon, what are ye doing here? Don't lie, I know your species' ways with your greed for our gold and want to enslave our people. I have defeated many of your kind before and I am not afraid to do so again." He says without fear. Something tells you you would last a few hundred or even thousand years longer if you avoid making him angry.

+1 agility.

((PS: This is supposed to be one of the weaker cities of Gridhard. Heavily militarized country+frequent wars=Lots of badasses.))

Climb out of pond, Ask about how Magic Missile works. Talk to the polymorph guy about the blessed ring of air creature.
(Your action is extremely vague. Please, be more specific in the future.)

You trudge out of the pond. Urgh, how dirty.

You then ask random passerbys about magic missile. Some ignore you entirely, others look at you for a few seconds, before going off to do their own stuff. A few say a few lines. From the combined lines of various people, you figure out that magic missile is a tracking offensive spell of pure magical energies.

You talk to Nowan about the ring. He says "Heheh, oh man, reminds me of the fun I had in my younger days...".

(Vague action=a result likely different to what you wanted.)

God dammit. Head back to the cave and get some sleep then, I guess. Nothing I can do here. Mumble something about 'Wrong town'.
You turn 180 degrees and dash off into the distance, crying softly.

The man who greeted you says "Hey wait, what? Where are you going? Am I really that bad looking?".

You arrive back home, utterly devoid of energy from flying around SO MUCH. You fall asleep quickly.

+2 agility. +1 toughness.

Tired: Cannot fly for 5 turns.

"Hello, home sweet home. I wonder if there are anything in the lower levels I could coax into being minions of mine."

Kin explored his new home more thoroughly. He was going to make sure there were no nasty surprises like Green Slimes but goblins would be nice to have. Hopefully ones easy to subdue.
You explore your new home, looking for creatures. [3] There's a disgruntled pack of wolves in the cave. [4] They seem afraid of you.

GTF away from the glow.
[Agi:5][Creature view:2]: You run away as fast as dragonly possible.  You make serious distance and the thing cannot see you anymore.

The thing inside you has stopped growing and may be dying.

[2]: You have the feeling that there might be something around here that will give you insight into what the creature does but you cannot see anything because you sux.

Draignean continued to case the town at a distance, watching everything that came and everything that left the city. Everything had patterns, dust and scales, blood and bones... Everything had patterns.

Case the joint, pay particular attention to any kind of regular wagon shipment that might allow me to slip inside unnoticed.
You observe the town's shipments... ((I will save time for you by giving you several day's observations in this single turn. Green is active right now, blue is active this day))

Outgoing:
Once a day at dawn, a wagon leaves full of gold bars and with a dozen or so guards. Several checkpoints of a few guards every so often dot the road.
Once a week at dawn, a wagon leaves full of gems with a dozen or so guards at the same time as the gold wagon.

Incoming:
A couple of wagons under light guard bring food into town every week at evening. Greeted by a dozen guards each time. Each sack group is patted by hand outside, then when inside transferred off by hand under guard watch: Impossible to sneak in on, these guards have faced robbery by sitting in sacks before.
Two wagons under light guard bring wood into town every day at evening. Greeted by a few guards. It's impossible to get into the wood pile unnoticed.

Darn, no way to get in easily via the front door.

Cevitil looks for a tree to climb to the top off. When/if he finds one, take off flying from it, again towards the city.
You try to climb up a tree, but you are far too large to climb any tree.

Screw it, overcomplifying things. Just fly from the ground.

You fly towards the city. You get closer and are about to fly over when all of a sudden you are on the ground being tied down by a mage's magic.

A few dozen guards stand by you. The lead one, in heavy magical armor, greets you.

"What are you doing here dragon? Do you come in peace or do you come with hostilities?"

Hm. They seem to take dragons flying over them seriously.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Spoiler: Random Event (click to show/hide)

The wind is not quiet today, for it carries the sound of war. Men scream, battle horns are blown, and angels weep, for a war has been declared! The Sarduk Triumvirate has finally decided that they cannot overcome the Helten Empire in build-up speed, and have decided to declare war on their natural foe with what they've got. This has partially caught the Helten Empire somewhat off-guard, but it does not matter due to the only way between the countries being a narrow cut through the mountains.

This event has shook the already destabilized world, and countries have become more aggressive. Luckily, though, neither nation had any close friends, so this war will stay with those two countries.

The Sarduk Triumvirate declares war on The Helten Empire. Casus Belli is Cleansing of the Fools.

Chance for War increased by 5%.
Chance for Tensions increased increased by 5%

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)

So yeah, I guess it's time for a big one. War has started! There is big potential in the chaos, but also a LOT more danger.

Anyway, any mistakes or such?

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 08, 2011, 12:56:44 am »

Search for informations about the glowy creature.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 08, 2011, 08:10:37 am »

Anthramarux was tired of flying. This place would have to do...once she evicted the current occupants.

Well, some of them. The others would help ward away intruders.

Action: Enter the cave, and start wiping out it's Mudcrab inhabitants-takes out the clutches of their eggs and young and whatnot.

Preferred tactic until faced with a particulalry dangerous foe is to stick to wide open passages and avoid water and mud, clinging to ceilings and being sneaky-and attacking the larger, more heavily armored mudcrabs from behind, by flipping them over and coughing acid on their underbellies. And/or tearing off legs/eyestalks and leaving them to die.

Stay out of the water (?) and leave the whales and sharks alone, for now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 08:13:20 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 136