Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210315 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 22: Charisma Victorious. Failshout. Hostile glow.
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2011, 03:44:39 pm »

Half dragon half platypus?
Weird, but possibly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 28, 2011, 03:44:48 pm »

Well you didn't say it had to be half human. I'd thought it could be some random species with half-dragon in it.
Ah.

But since when did you ever hear of that from a game? A dragon mixed with some random wild animal? Usually it's mixed with a human.

Half dragon half platypus?
Weird, but possibly.
No. No. No.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:30 pm »

Go and see the mages, see what they're doing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »

Quick sketch. No idea how to draw dragons.
Blurgh.

Yeah, I am the suck at it. It's funny, I've been focusing entirely on drawing people so I have no idea how to draw animals of any kind. Unless that's not what you meant. Do you draw, Tarran? I forget.

But since when did you ever hear of that from a game? A dragon mixed with some random wild animal? Usually it's mixed with a human.

Or a fish, occasionally. That's about it from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:46:20 pm by freeformschooler »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:46 pm »

Leave cave, find town of which my father speaks. Scout out town from distance.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 28, 2011, 10:51:58 pm »

Yeah, stop being so racist, Tarran. In fact, you know what?

Seduce a platypus. WHAT NOW, TARRAN? WHERE IS YOUR HOPE NOW?

Really though, remain perfectly still, with low, regular breathing. Can't start a family until I've escaped from that dreadful arranged marriage my parents have me stuck in!

EDIT: Oh, and I thought the dragon picture was alright. Wings looked a bit on the feathered side, but still fine.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:02:45 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 28, 2011, 11:26:45 pm »

Yeah, stop being so racist, Tarran. In fact, you know what?

Alright, fine, I'll accept that as a valid action so I don't look racist.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:39:46 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 28, 2011, 11:38:46 pm »

Derm, your first link is broke. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 22.1: Green Slime has been struck down.
« Reply #549 on: November 30, 2011, 07:48:27 pm »

Hey, guess what I just remembered.

Quote from: Last turn, KineseN's turn
Also, I just remembered, I should separate combat. I forgotsies. Will do later.
Herp. Freaking. Derp.

Alright, I'll do a combat turn now while we wait for Repulsion.

Kin laughed at the pitiful attempt of a roar. "That didn't even reach the standard of my usual burps." He would have roared again but the sheer imagination of another failshout was not something he wanted to relive.

Instead Kin exited the cave and scouted for anything that he could use as a weapon. He did not expect much from this sparse enviro- "Oh, is that a conveniently placed large rock that I can throw with?"
You reach for a rock to squish the slime. You find one and attempt to throw it. [Agi:5+1] You avoid flailing about like an idiot trying to figure out how to throw it and throw it by standing on your back two legs, as if you had done so before thousands of times. You throw the large rock straight at the slime.

[6 out of 2d5] The slime explodes as the rock squishes it. [2] Some of the slime flies right at you. [Agi:4+1] You dodge away from it gracefully.

You have killed the slime. Although you think you should stay away from where the slime used to be for a few days, you feel successful.

+2 Agility.

Green Slime has been struck down! Combat ends.

Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)

On another note completely unrelated but I feel that I should share with you guys: My laptop had a defective fan which was grinding against... something. Well, I opened up my computer and removed some dust: Still grinded. Then I opened it up a second time and removed some dust: No grinding, for some bizarre reason. Hurray! No need to spend $20 and likely wait a few days for a replacement fan. Or at least I hope it won't grind. It's not spinning very fast, so I don't know if it'll dislodge again.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2011, 08:02:46 pm »

With Green Slime splatter all over the cave Kin didn't think this would be the best place to live in. For now he wandered higher up. Hopefully the bountiful cliff side with the precious metals were still there.

As Kin walked higher and higher he also scouted for any other suitable cave he could live in.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 01, 2011, 07:02:02 pm »

Cevitil attempts to judge the distance at which the human city lies. He is completely mesmerized by it... he must find it and see all of it's wonders. If it is sufficiently close, start walking towards it. If not... attempt to plan to walk towards it.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 23: 1s, references, wealthy towns, and mages.
« Reply #552 on: December 03, 2011, 03:40:02 am »

Investigate the glow.
You walk towards the glow. [2] Something sees you and OH DEAR GOD PAIN SOMETHING IS GROWING INSIDE YOU.

The pain is unbelievable. And you have a feeling that the actual damage is also bad. You cannot fight whatever this is head-to-head.

The glowing is turning orange... and more intense... and even more hostile.

[1]...

-4 HP.

Anthramarux wanted this cave, but it had some problems...

The tide could potentially leave her trapped, and Gods knows what creatures could sneak up on her. That could be fixed, though-a series of ditches and walls, perhaps, to redirect the flow of water...

The Ant's were a worse one. Anthramarux was sure she could slay one. Or twenty. Or a hundred. But there might be thousands of them in there! Her cool Draconic intellect warned her that could be a very real danger, in sufficent numbers to overpower her.

But, she had studied insects and there sort for a time...one merely had to root out the Queen and the nest would die.

Action: Study the land around the cave-is it possible I can redirect the tide with a bit of physical labor? Also, start picking off ants away from the nest and eating them-see how they taste-and then flying away and seeing how the nest responds, trying to get a number of how many there are.
The water seems like it could be redirected, but it would require immense physical labor, and there would likely be leaks unless you hired a human or two to fill in the cracks.

You go over to the ants and start trying to eat them. It's extremely difficult to bite down on them, and eating them whole leaves them biting the inside of your throat! OW!

[6] The ants for some reason seem to totally ignore you for now. Though they are walking faster and more frantically... There are at least several hundreds of them, possibly even two-thousand or so.

'I will not cause any trouble, rest assured. But one question - I would very much like to meet some of the wisest of your kind. Does your city have any philosophers, or scholars, or anyone like that? I am still young, you see, and fascinated by the world beyond my cave. Surely you have often felt the same, even in this land?'

If Semakhet receives any names/instructions, she'll head to one of them. If not, she'll try to find a book shop.
"There's always the scholar In'al. He's fairly smart, read a strange book and became the most brilliant person around. His sanity, however, varies each day. One day he literally sings all day but preforms fine, and in another day he's talking like a gentleman but can barely do basic actions. He somehow survives, though. If you go to see him, be sure to be cautious of what subjects you bring up, some hit at his sanity like a rock. DO NOT talk to him about the book: Last time someone did, he went berserk and said some words that temporarily sent the person who asked him insane."

He points towards a large tower.

"There's also a bunch of other scholars in the same tower, who are a little bit more sane, but In'al is the... err... 'smartest'."

You walk through the town--EVERYONE looks at you--and make your way towards the tower. You arrive at the front door and knock.

A obviously northern white man in robes opens the door while looking at something inside. He's pretty bulky and hairy... but he seems pretty smart. He speaks in a gruff voice.

"College of Knowledge, what-" He then turns around. "-are..." He blinks several times.

"Ehhhh... hello... dragon. What are you... doing here?" He seems surprised at your distinctly dragon skin, wings, tail, and head.

Nuvian gave the demon one last try. "Dear fellow, who art out of the lower planes, may I assist you with your mission? I assure you I would be very helpful. If you would rather tackle it alone, just say so, and I will leave." Offer to assist the demon with its mission.
"This is a stealthy mission. You do not have the ability to assume a human's form, dragon. This is a mission I must complete alone. Though if you wish to help me, wreak havoc among any human settlements you come across.

Now, leave me alone, I should not waste time."

He leaves.

"Er, be calm, human. I seek information, Nothing more."

Look into the city and study the area within.
[1]: You open your mouth, but stop short. You look at the man's sword. His metal armor. You are cast back to deep memories...

Mother... Sister... Why...

You are suddenly struck with fear. RUN AWAY NOW RUN RUN RUN.

Go and see the mages, see what they're doing.
You fly over to the "Mage city". You pass through a large magic barrier that is active and is all around the city, for some strange reason.

First thing you see is a Magic Missile smacking into your face.Ow.

"Uhhh, sorry! You got in the way! A mage shouts out."

A older mage next to him smacks him on the back of the head. "I am Serious, you must Concentrate. The missiles will only hit what you are thinking of. Think of the target."

They do not pay attention to the fact that you are falling to the ground.

You crash into the ground--thankfully you land in a pond. You're dirty, but otherwise alright.

You look around. There must be hundreds of mages. Half of them have staffs. A few stop to look at you while the others ignore the Fantastic Falling Dragon, obviously on important business.

A old mage comes up to you. "Welcome to Mage City. Apologies on the rough welcome, apprentices these days are more and more careless." He tilts his head towards a large hole in a stone building being rebuilt by a mage. "My name is Nowan Ilfideme, the local polymorpher extraordinaire. Of course, that's not saying much as Polymorphing is so damn chaotic. But I'm also the second-best Earth magic mage around these parts."

Mage City largely consists of rock roads and mostly-solid stone with wood windows and doors. Intersections are diamond shaped, with ponds, trees, and flowerbeds in the centers.

Also, people will likely be talking about the "lucky falling dragon" for a few days. Hurray for Fame and embarrassment!

+1 Fame.
-4 HP.

Leave cave, find town of which my father speaks. Scout out town from distance.
You leave the cave, and look at the town.

[Strength of town:5][Wealth of town:5+1(Very Rich)][Population:4] There are at least three dozen guards patrolling, and another two dozen relaxing at the moment. There strong stone towers around the town, and large stone walls too. The town buildings are made of stone and what appears to be some non-flammable materials as roofs. There are ballistae all over the town--they have obviously had run-ins with dragons before. In addition, your greed sensors are off the scale entirely. This town appears to be a goddarn gold mining town or something equally as good. There are at least 50 or more civilians currently visible, and the sound sounds as if there are at least 150 civilians in the town.

You wouldn't want to go headfirst into it, though. The guards, towers, and ballistae would make this town a challenge to even the oldest and most powerful of dragons. This will have to be a stealth mission... which won't be easy at all. Hell, you could almost say that this "town" was a city.

Really though, remain perfectly still, with low, regular breathing. Can't start a family until I've escaped from that dreadful arranged marriage my parents have me stuck in!
You get the mental image of seducing something called a "platypus". Your subconscious makes you forget the thought lest you do something tremendously stupid.

You remain still, and slow your breathing, choosing to stay still and hope that mother doesn't think of this spot.

[Mother Int:2+1]: Mother looks at the tree you are in. But so far, you remain invisible. She starts walking around the tree--now's your chance! Sneak somewhere else quick. Say, that formation of rocks or behind another tree. Staying here is not safe, your mother is quite smart, this hiding spot is a little too obvious for her.

With Green Slime splatter all over the cave Kin didn't think this would be the best place to live in. For now he wandered higher up. Hopefully the bountiful cliff side with the precious metals were still there.

As Kin walked higher and higher he also scouted for any other suitable cave he could live in.
You walk higher and higher looking for cliffs.

You find that the area gets more and more erroded the higher you go, so finding another cave could be a problem.

[5] Nevermind. You find the best cave ever. Multiple levels, one visible entrance and one hidden one, an underground spring, and plenty of wildlife in the area. Oh, and, there's a vein of gems of some value near the entrance.

Welp, you're set for quite a while.

Cevitil attempts to judge the distance at which the human city lies. He is completely mesmerized by it... he must find it and see all of it's wonders. If it is sufficiently close, start walking towards it. If not... attempt to plan to walk towards it.
The city appears to be not all that far away. You start walking towards it.

...After a few hundred steps, you realize that walking is not the fastest type of transportation you have available. You're closer, but you could have been there by now if you had flown.

+1 Strength.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Spoiler: Random Event (click to show/hide)

Yup, the update speed is returning to normal ever so slightly. I'm running out of things to do with my one character in Skyrim, and I'm waiting to finish him before creating another (so I can add the Tytanis mod without drastically effecting my current character's game).

But I'm sure none of you are interested. I'm sure you're far more interested in: THE NEW TURN OOOHHHHHH! Hopefully there's no errors.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:42:16 am by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 03, 2011, 04:38:43 am »

People using my username as a reference count: 3. >.> Also TolyK ALWAYS uses that name. :{> *strokes sagely beard*
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:40:20 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2011, 04:43:35 am »

Also TolyK ALWAYS uses that name. :{> *strokes sagely beard*
Well, I only know and remember him using that name once. So I'm pretty darn sure you can guess the RTD where I got it from. His profession also relates to the RTD where it's from.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 136